Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,397 members, 7,836,596 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Why Blame The North And West For Biafra - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Blame The North And West For Biafra (10454 Views)

You Can't Insult The North And Stay In Power-knwankwaso / Osinbajo Can't Win South West For APC - PDP / Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Blame The North And West For Biafra by jason12345: 9:25pm On Dec 18, 2010
T9ksy:

The main problem with the igbos is that, though they are quite smart, they make the erronous mistake in assuming that others are dumb. The sh.it that they won't accept from anyone, they will try imposing it on others and when the people turn it down, they become abusive whilst also distorting the facts.

Exactly my bro. They would not allow bullshit yet they would want to try it on other people. Eg the mid west. Etc. Yet thry wanted the ss in their biafra. LET ME HEAR ANOTHER BIAFRA RUBBISH AGAIN IN NIGERIA. I WOULD DO EVERYTHING IN MY POWER TO MAKE SURE THEY ONLY TAKE THEIR LANDLORD TERRITORY! It's soo annoying. Do what u like others to do unto u!

1 Like

Re: Why Blame The North And West For Biafra by Onlytruth(m): 9:29pm On Dec 18, 2010
I really think that the Yoruba is irrelevant as far as Biafra is/was concerned. Biafra could have won the war decisively if the Eastern leaders planned it well.

I really think that the Yorubas have been given too much attention for either outcome of the war, which is why they talk about it more than those who actually fought the war against Biafra -namely northern minorities.

The Igbo say that when men finish fighting, women take over the talking and bragging part. I believe that is what Yoruba folks here have been doing. I advise my Igbo brothers to ignore them and focus on the men we fought - the northerners, because if we don't, we waste our attention on irrelevant things.
No one knows what will still happen in Nigeria. We should not waste our attention on those who can't sway the war either way.
Re: Why Blame The North And West For Biafra by T9ksy(m): 10:14pm On Dec 18, 2010
I advise my Igbo brothers to ignore them and focus on the men we fought - the northerners, because if we don't, we waste our attention on irrelevant things.

[i][Yes o, pls. do focus your attention on the northerners who have been killing Igbos as far back as the 40's and are still killing them now (in the millennium) at the drop of a hat or the koran! yet the igbos are all over the north./i]

1 Like

Re: Why Blame The North And West For Biafra by AkinEgba: 10:30pm On Dec 18, 2010
T9ksy:

[i][Yes o, pls. do focus your attention on the northerners who have been killing Igbos as far back as the 40's and are still killing them now (in the millennium) at the drop of a hat or the koran! yet the igbos are all over the north./i]

Are MY Yorubas not being killed and their properties destroyed in the North as well? Why are some of my people so, so ignorant?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-202599.0.html
http://creepingsharia./2010/03/08/nigeria-muslims-slaughter-400-500-christians-in-latest-jos-crisis/
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-205394.0.html
http://www.christianpost.com/article/20070326/nigeria-christian-teacher-killed-by-muslim-student-mob/
Re: Why Blame The North And West For Biafra by strangerf: 10:34pm On Dec 18, 2010
Akin-Egba:

Are Yorubas not being killed and their properties destroyed in the North? [b]Why are some of my people so, so ignorant?[/b]https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-202599.0.html
http://creepingsharia./2010/03/08/nigeria-muslims-slaughter-400-500-christians-in-latest-jos-crisis/

Igbobuigbo,

I think your Igbo peeps are somewhat ignorant!
Re: Why Blame The North And West For Biafra by AkinEgba: 10:39pm On Dec 18, 2010
strangerf:

Yes, Akin-Egba,

I think my peeps are somewhat ignorant!

I think you still have questions here.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-567813.32.html
Re: Why Blame The North And West For Biafra by excanny: 11:55pm On Dec 18, 2010
Igbos dont need Biafra

www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=353489.msg4954032#msg4954032

The real truth behind biafra

www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=552824.msg7181561#msg7181561

Murtala's arewa(later turned into biafran war history)

www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=550563.msg7136576#msg7136576

Fela supported Biafra

www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=550563.msg7136576#msg7136576

Awo admired Hitler-turned into biafra analysis

www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=546678.msg7092823#msg7092823

Biafra issue

www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=538204.msg7011157#msg7011157

Max Siollum on 1966 coup
www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=304950.msg7006902#msg7006902

Is Aba a reflection of Biafra?

www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=522647.msg6998685#msg6998685

The coordinator of 1966 coup

www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=516247.msg6922400#msg6922400

Balewa's death

www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=529070.msg6914875#msg6914875

Fajuyi on our minds(turned into Biafra analysis)

www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=515225.msg6789374#msg6789374

Another revelation on jan 1966 coup

www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=513711.msg6761721#msg6761721

I have to kill Ibos-Benjamin Adekunle

www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=507338.msg6716964#msg6716964

Balewa was not killed by soldiers

www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=509015.msg6707803#msg6707803

Akintola(turned into analysis of Biafra)

www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=488532.msg6513446#msg6513446

@Katsumoto

About 3/4 of your posts are centred around Biafra-related topics, yet you come here to claim that you were being accused without facts. I've got nothing against you o, dont get me wrong. But I had to protect my reputation over my observation that I posted, and requested that they be proved.
Re: Why Blame The North And West For Biafra by bkbabe97y(m): 12:20am On Dec 19, 2010
So what if Katsumoto discusses Biafran issue? Maybe thats what he's expert in! Me I'm expert in ony two subjects: Ibos and Ojukwu! Bite me! . . . . eh, actually dont. Just remembered yall Ibos is cannibals!!!

Katsumoto dont pay them no mind :THIS IS THE TYPICAL IBO REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY THEY TRYING ON YOU!!!! Hoping you'll defend urself by replying less to Ibo/Biafra related topics so they can run amok with their revised history!

1 Like

Re: Why Blame The North And West For Biafra by Nobody: 12:30am On Dec 19, 2010
bk.babe97y:

So what if Katsumoto discusses Biafran issue? Maybe thats what he's expert in! Me I'm expert in ony two subjects: Ibos and Ojukwu! Bite me! . . . . eh, actually dont. Just remembered yall Ibos is cannibals!!!

Katsumoto dont pay them no mind :THIS IS THE TYPICAL IBO REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY THEY TRYING ON YOU!!!! Hoping you'll defend urself by replying less to Ibo/Biafra related topics so they can run amok with their revised history!

LOL grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Blame The North And West For Biafra by strangerf: 12:31am On Dec 19, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Gbam Bro

chop knuckcle grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Blame The North And West For Biafra by bkbabe97y(m): 12:36am On Dec 19, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

I keep on telling you people that I am not this "EzeUche." I am Omenani, but not EzeUche.

. . . . . . Well, u sound just as stu*pid as him, so, its not surprising we all think ur him!!!
Re: Why Blame The North And West For Biafra by strangerf: 12:38am On Dec 19, 2010
bk.babe97y:

. . . . . . Well, u sound just as stu*pid as him, so, its not surprising we all think your him!!!

Touche!
Re: Why Blame The North And West For Biafra by vicenzo(m): 12:45am On Dec 19, 2010
Onlytruth couldnt have said it better: WHEN MEN FINISH FIGTHING WOMEN TAKE OVER THE TALKING AND BRAGING PART. My uncle told me that during the war that the bulk of the nigerian soldiers were tivs,and he cant
remember fighting any yoruba.The fact is that the biafra war brought the best out of ndi igbo,we came through it as wounded lions,full of desire for revenge but with more zeal to excel,after the war we lost ground in all aspect of human endeavour,but forty years later we have the lead in all aspect of human endeavour in this country,the only piece still missing is the political aspect,while we are at it,we must remember to learn from our history, as the years pass by,we are closely getting to the height we were before the war, and the envy that comes with that is once again present,as we can see with futile attempts by nigerians to paint igbo stars black,first emeagwali and now dora .
We must not repeat the mistakes of the past,we must not underestimate the power of envy,we must get our house in order,we must be prepared for war when there is peace,we must know that after football a second unifying factor for nigeria is the common hatred for the igboman.
Re: Why Blame The North And West For Biafra by excanny: 12:48am On Dec 19, 2010
jason12345:

My problem is that from the letter it can be deduced  that ojukwu wanted to rule the south including yorubas an the ijaws!

Here's your answer.

Sharing.our belief that the
people of Yorubaland have a
right to live a life of equality and
self-respect and justice free of
domination and dictatorship
from any quarter

The phrase 'any quarter' means excluding all. When a person uses that statement, he's also including himself.

From the letter, it
can be said that he was power
drunk! Why negotiate with banjo
not awo?

There wasn't any negotiations going on here. Banjo was released from prison, and put on that assignment of going to Lagos to capture Gowon for blockading Biafran
waters. Banjo could have been executed, but was sent on that mission as a price for his release. It was the same thing Gowon did to Boro by releasing him from Kirikiri, and was sent off to war and not as Gowon's equal. Same thing happened with Ojukwu and Banjo.

Dictating
terms with the west and mw?
Something, I wonder how people
think?

This was an assignment to launch an offensive using Biafran soldiers, so the commander-in-chief dictates how his soldiers will flush out the northern soldiers and for how long they allowed to be used.

I think your other questions are related and somehow answered.
Re: Why Blame The North And West For Biafra by excanny: 12:59am On Dec 19, 2010
jason12345:

can you imagine the insult! Ne wants to colonize the yorubas! The man is so senseless! Even the ijaws could perceive the insult not to talk of the yorubas. The hausa, fulanis and us have cultural and historic ties compared with this ojukwu man. How can a man the cannot control his people control an empire that stretches from Nigeria to east Togo!

Weren't the Ijaws under his rule before that time? Guy, dey check your content before you post nau!
Re: Why Blame The North And West For Biafra by excanny: 1:08am On Dec 19, 2010
jason12345:

When did yorubas or mid west tell ojukwu or igbos that they needed liberation? If igbos cal that betrayal then we would be betraying eachother for a very long time! Liberation my arse!

Yoruba na bolo right from time. What did your aszes do when the northern soldiers overtake your land? Awo dey beg Gowon make him remove them. Gowon shout for am say him no trust Yoruba soldier. What did Awo do when his request was turned down? He silently went back into his shell. The operation was to dislodge the northerners and take Nigeria's capital the way Nigeria captured Biafra's capital.
Re: Why Blame The North And West For Biafra by excanny: 1:17am On Dec 19, 2010
T9ksy:

The main problem with the igbos is that, though they are quite smart, they make the erronous mistake in assuming that others are dumb. The sh.it that they won't accept from anyone, they will try imposing it on others and when the people turn it down, they become abusive whilst also distorting the facts.

Was Adekunle(a Yoruba) not already stationed at the bight of bonny trying to take over our land, so what's the crying about when we decide to do the same to you.
Re: Why Blame The North And West For Biafra by chyz(m): 1:21am On Dec 19, 2010
excanny:

Was Adekunle(a Yoruba) not already stationed at the bight of bonny trying to take over our land, so what's the crying about when we decide to do the same to you.

Tell'em.
Re: Why Blame The North And West For Biafra by excanny: 1:30am On Dec 19, 2010
Akin-Egba:

Are MY Yorubas not being killed and their properties destroyed in the North as well? Why are some of my people so, so ignorant?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-202599.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-205394.0.html
http://www.christianpost.com/article/20070326/nigeria-christian-teacher-killed-by-muslim-student-mob/

What they even do now, since Ngwa boys have been killing their a55es, anytime they touch any Igbo life, to concentrate on killing Yoruba(since they know they never ask questions why their kindred were killed) but only destroying Igbo properties.

Jos crisis: Why only Yorubas dead?
www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-205394.0.html

Yoruba-confirmed bolos and arupos in everything.
Re: Why Blame The North And West For Biafra by excanny: 1:50am On Dec 19, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Who dash this akata ghetto-goat expert? You're only an expert in making a fool of yourself. Eranko samaria.
Re: Why Blame The North And West For Biafra by Nobody: 1:52am On Dec 19, 2010
excanny:

What they even do now, since Ngwa boys have been killing their a55es, anytime they touch any Igbo life, to concentrate on killing Yoruba(since they know they never ask questions why their kindred were killed) but only destroying Igbo properties.

Jos crisis: Why only Yorubas dead?
www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-205394.0.html

Yoruba-confirmed bolos and arupos in everything.

You people are living in a fantasy world. Northerners will never dare target Yorubas. There are too many of them in Yorubaland, ( i.e Kwara ) besides, they have been in peace with Yorubas now for over a century.
What they are not used to are overbearing, greedy and extremely haughty ibos.

1 Like

Re: Why Blame The North And West For Biafra by chyz(m): 2:00am On Dec 19, 2010
Aigbofa:

You people are living in a fantasy world. Northerners will never dare target Yorubas. There are too many of them in Yorubaland, ( i.e Kwara ) besides, they have been in peace with Yorubas now for over a century.

Not true at all.check you history.both recent and past.they think you all are very selfish people, even more than the igbo, and very untrustworthy.
Re: Why Blame The North And West For Biafra by Onlytruth(m): 2:11am On Dec 19, 2010
Do you see any Tiv here bragging? NO.

Do you see any Jukun, Idoma, Nupe or any of the northern minorities who constituted about 80% of the Nigerian infantry bragging here? NO!

What you see are Yorubas whose land was already occupied by northern troops in 1967 without raising a finger.
The same people are here yapping like byieeches in heat.

I would repeat my advise to my Igbo brothers:
IGNORE THESE people because they are irrelevant as far as Nigeria's militarism is concerned.

Even the Ijaw command more respect in my eyes than these folks. At least some of them have fought for something against the Nigerian state even if marginally.

When it was time for Yorubas to fight, they all ran to London and the few left were simply rounded up by Abacha and shot. Nothing happened.

MSCHEEEW!

I say Ignore them! grin grin
Re: Why Blame The North And West For Biafra by AkinEgba: 2:16am On Dec 19, 2010
Onlytruth:

Do you see any Tiv here bragging? NO.

Do you see any Jukun, Idoma, Nupe or any of the northern minorities who constituted about 80% of the Nigerian infantry bragging here? NO!

What you see are Yorubas whose land was already occupied by northern troops in 1967 without raising a finger.
The same people are here yapping like byieeches in heat.

I would repeat my advise to my Igbo brothers:
IGNORE THESE people because they are irrelevant as far as Nigeria's militarism is concerned.

Even the Ijaw command more respect in my eyes than these folks. At least some of them have fought for something against the Nigerian state even if marginally.

When it was time for Yorubas to fight, they all ran to London and the few left were simply rounded up by Abacha and shot. Nothing happened.

MSCHEEEW!

I say Ignore them! grin grin

If I, Yoruba man, did not run to London would I be here responding to you? But wait! Did my brother Diya not confront Abacha and even made Abacha's hit man (what is his name again) kneel down and cry? I tell ya it is better to be a coward Yoruba yoruba than a brave omo Igbo.
Re: Why Blame The North And West For Biafra by nduchucks: 2:20am On Dec 19, 2010
OnlyTruth:

This dude comes here, gloats about the murder, despoil and destruction of Igbo lives and property in Nigeria, and the continued destruction of an entire country's potential for greatness, just to keep the Igbo down; yet he dares accuse anyone of hatred?  

Believe me, in Nigeria, in terms of wickedness and hatred, I don't think any tribe approaches the levels of your people -the Hausa/Fulani. You are THE MOST WICKED GROUP in Africa.

I must be onto something, e be like say my truth pain you small. The bolded portion above confirms that my conclusions about you people are well reasoned. Some of the kindest, most trustworthy, most godly, and most beautiful people in Nigeria are Hausa/Fulani.  I am convinced that you have never had a close relationship with any Hausa or Fulani person in your entire life and your opinions about them are based on what you read on newspapers written by similarly bigoted  “journalists” like you. Repent olodo.

1 Like

Re: Why Blame The North And West For Biafra by excanny: 2:22am On Dec 19, 2010
Aigbofa:

Yes, abokis are all around you? But the question is, can your Yoruba butts stare them in the face. Throughout your bleeped up existence as almajiris of the south, have Yorubas ever asked why any of their kins was killed in the North.

Aba boys have taken it upon themselves to take out all freaking abokis in Igboland if any of them touches Igbos without provocation. They were even gearing for reprisals during the Jos crisis, before they were told not to worry that Igbos only lost properties, and no lives.

Was there any reaction in the whole of the SW? They moved on as if nothing happenned.

Yet, you come here to say nonsense that your had Oyo Empire. Oyo Empire my a55.
Re: Why Blame The North And West For Biafra by Onlytruth(m): 2:34am On Dec 19, 2010
ndu_chucks:

I must be onto something, e be like say my truth pain you small. The bolded portion above confirms that my conclusions about you people are well reasoned. Some of the kindest, most trustworthy, most godly, and most beautiful people in Nigeria are Hausa/Fulani.  I[b] am convinced that you have never had a close relationship with any Hausa or Fulani person in your entire life and your opinions about them are based on what you read on newspapers written by similarly bigoted  “journalists[/b]” like you. Repent olodo.

I am responding to the bolded because I understand the game you are playing more than you.

Suffice it to say that my immediate family lived in Kano from 1938 to 1966. They returned briefly after the war and stayed till 1975.
Believe me, you probably cannot find an Igboman with a better understanding of Hausa/Fulani mentality.

You cannot understand what drives Igbo people to anger because you are IMMUNE to love and justice. You even kill the unborn. In all the years of Nigeria's crisis, I can't remember an Easterner killing a pregnant woman and cutting open her guts.

You people have no equal in Africa.

I'm not here to convince you.
Re: Why Blame The North And West For Biafra by nduchucks: 2:43am On Dec 19, 2010
Onlytruth:

You even kill the unborn. In all the years of Nigeria's crisis, I can't remember an Easterner killing a pregnant woman and cutting open her guts.

You people have no equal in Africa.

I'm not here to convince you.

You are associating random acts of violence including killing pregnant women, with the acts of a whole ethnic group!!  As far as you are concerned, all Hausa/Fulani people are guilty of this act.  Your statement is as bigoted and senseless, as stating that all Igbos are cannibals because a few Abriba people and some from your very own area, are known to love to eat human flesh.

I repeat, repent!
Re: Why Blame The North And West For Biafra by Onlytruth(m): 2:48am On Dec 19, 2010
ndu_chucks:

You are associating random acts of violence including killing pregnant women, with the acts of a whole ethnic group!!  As far as you are concerned, all Hausa/Fulani people are guilty of this act.  Your statement is as bigoted and senseless, as stating that all Igbos are cannibals because a few Abriba people and some from your very own area, are known to love to eat human flesh.

I repeat, repent!

You see my point?
You are equating a SINGLE ACT by a mentally challenged individual with acts committed by THOUSANDS of marauding and rampaging group! How are they comparable?

You organized a pogrom against another tribe, killing everything in your path including pregnant women, and you are here trying a convoluted logic.

My friend you are really your father's son! Chei aboki! shocked shocked
Re: Why Blame The North And West For Biafra by Onlytruth(m): 2:51am On Dec 19, 2010
quote from Araba by ndu_chucks:

This is an eyewitness account of Araba, which took place in kaduna before the civil war. Araba means (let's share it) in hausa. Chuckwuma Nzeogwu led a coup wherein the most revered leader of the northerners, the Sadauna of Sokoto was killed while he slept. Sadauna had a home in Kaduna which was bombed by the coupists resulting to the cold blooded murder of Sadauna and the members of his family who were at the house during the bombing. This singular act of murder did not sit very well with Sadauna's subjects - they believed wholeheartedly that the coup was carried out by Igbos and was a declaration of war in which a retaliation was mandatory.

The following is a miniaturized account of an eyewitness to one such retaliatory act.

The elders decided on a day in which a house to house search would be conducted in Kaduna, for Ndigbos who had not yet fled the city. Every suspect would be shown the old three pence, and asked to identify the coin. Three pence was called Toro by all and sundry in kaduna, the Igbos however pronounced Toro as Tolo. Once a suspect is found and identified as Igbo by anyone in the Araba mob, he/she was summarily beaten to death, burnt in some cases, and all of the belongings found in the victims' houses were looted (hence Araba). Those that pronounced toro as tolo were also summarily beaten to death.

The mob went from street to street, house to house, in search of Igbos, killing the unlucky ones that could not escape.

Re: Why Blame The North And West For Biafra by Onlytruth(m): 2:54am On Dec 19, 2010
So, ndu_chucks, here you go. Please I don't know how to pronounce Toro.
I call it Tolo. Please don't hack my head off after being your next door neighbor for 32 years!  cry cry cry
Re: Why Blame The North And West For Biafra by nduchucks: 3:02am On Dec 19, 2010
@Onlytruth, olodo. Continue trying to convince yourself that you are not bigoted - the truth is that you are very much bigoted and even the blind can see that.

Merry Xmas in advance, though something tells me that you may be an animist or idol worshiper who would be a regular patron of Okija shrine, Nzukari shrine, Nwakodikpu shrine, and others like them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

On Secession: A Legal Perspective / Nigeria’s Inaction Delays Recovery Of $85million Ex- Minister’s Loot / Domestic Debt: Lagos Borrows Over ₦126 Billion In 3 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.