Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,824 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? (53239 Views)

How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? / Make Sure You Have 30 Billion In Your Account Before I Can Date You- Lady Brags / Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Muroko(m): 4:03pm On Feb 18, 2020
10 mill

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by maasoap(m): 4:03pm On Feb 18, 2020
adolebenito17:
life experience
i have an uncle who said,
if he dont build a house and buy a car he won't marry.
my brother, before he realise he was at ;'54;'
he marry 2years back
and within that period of marriage
he is almost completing his building
with a yoyota corola... now

so u dont have to wait until millions arrive before
marring, but just have something doing....

You see now? A friend told me something similar to this about someone.
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by TheRedpillguy: 4:03pm On Feb 18, 2020
makydebbie:

Money is happiness and happiness is money.
You can't enjoy marriage without money, love doesn't feed us or pay the bills.
So that makes money very necessary.
Am sure you can make money to feed yourself. Men are not your slaves.

1 Like

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Franky826: 4:04pm On Feb 18, 2020
proclinician:

So a man should have 5m cash then a house and a car before marriage while you just have nothing? I tell you what. I achieved same before my induction except the house and ever since, fate has been throwin across girls like you and i do really well crushing them big time. One picked a job as a sales girl pay is 50k big nonsense. I told her i can't marry a woman with nothing less than 1m cash and her own apartment and earning not less than 150 a month, tough, she's going to lose i don't feel sorry, i dont love, she doesnt mind. She just wrote NDLEA exam and is praying things work out. I wish all men can be like me cold, blunt, and a maestro of their game.

Big ups man. I love this idea. Used to be like that. But you see in this life? Someone up today might be down tommorow, including you. My cousin married this smart girl working in the bank and earning 118k back in 2012. She lost her Job during the recession and she's not found another till date! And oh yes she's TRYING. It's not been a walk in the park. Also another person down today might be up tommorow. My biggest client told me how the wife who was an illiterate and had nothing started petty business on tables. She grew this business with hard work and determination that the man had to quit his Job to support her. And now they've built an empire and the children and following suit.

Fate and chance happens to everyone

9 Likes

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by maasoap(m): 4:05pm On Feb 18, 2020
Blu03:
Exactly. I can't bear to raise my children in poverty.
I've experienced too much to let history repeat itself...

Work hard and smart then. Or, you might be lucky. Lol
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by proclinician: 4:06pm On Feb 18, 2020
Franky826:

Big ups man. I love this idea. Used to be like that. But you see in this life? Someone up today might be down tommorow, including you. My cousin married this smart girl working in the bank and earning 118k back in 2012. She lost her Job during the recession and she's not found another till date! And oh yes she's TRYING. It's not been a walk in the park. Also another person down today might be up tommorow. My biggest client told me how the wife who was an illiterate and had nothing started petty business on tables. She grew this business with hard work and determination that the man had to quit his Job to support her. And now they've built an empire and the children and following suit.

Fate and chance happens to everyone

You're correct. The word im interested is TRYING.
most ladies live in their parents houses sleeping day in day out while waiting for a husband. That's the kind i tear race from

5 Likes

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by djon78(m): 4:11pm On Feb 18, 2020
joepepsy:
Our system is solely on money money,what's is money? Live within your means and see the full essence of life,which is happiness.

It's not just money money but money is still the highest priority.

A man should have something very good he is doing. Something very stable that brings in good pay.

I have seen people who were not prepared but now in misery in marriage. Plenty children and nothing to take care of them.

It's foolishness for a man without something very stable economically venturing into marriage.
It's suicidal simple

2 Likes

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by maasoap(m): 4:13pm On Feb 18, 2020
Muhylonaire:
Being ready for marriage is a state of mind.. Not how much you have.

Don't mind them. When they're ready, they will forget about how much is in the account.
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Nduway(m): 4:13pm On Feb 18, 2020
At least 1 million

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by lordally(m): 4:14pm On Feb 18, 2020
DNSPro:

90% of them will not even smell that dream.

By this time next year, after I have completed the works God blessed me with same month a girl mocked me, I will share my story for nairaland to read it will teach them a lesson. ...

Bro I would love to hear your story jaweee!!!! make me self tap into the BLESSINGS!!! abeg

1 Like

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by joepepsy(m): 4:14pm On Feb 18, 2020
This is my point,people should stop having many children.
djon78:

It's not just money money but money is still the highest priority.

A man should have something very good he is doing. Something very stable that brings in good pay.

I have seen people who were not prepared but now in misery in marriage. Plenty children and nothing to take care of them.

It's foolishness for a man without something very stable economically venturing into marriage.
It's suicidal simple

2 Likes

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Muhylonaire(m): 4:20pm On Feb 18, 2020
maasoap:

Don't mind them. When they're ready, they will forget about how much is in the account.

You are damn right!
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Perfectionist11: 4:28pm On Feb 18, 2020
makydebbie:

Money is happiness and happiness is money.
You can't enjoy marriage without money, love doesn't feed us or pay the bills.
So that makes money very necessary.

You. I like you!!. She said; money is just a means to an end, neglecting the fact that the end is not a want but a "need" - which makes the "means" sacrosanct.
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by bendazum: 4:41pm On Feb 18, 2020
favoryte33:
Imagine stirring at your account balance & nodding your head saying to yourself, now I am ready for marriage.

How much do you think would give you that 'ginger' to propose to your girl? Abeg I no dey talk of "give girl belle & marry".

At least #500 000.
Once I love her and she loves me, we can cut costs. No bridal train, just best man and chief bridesmaid, once church service is over, na to share takeaway food for everyone.

Collect am, dey go your way, or drop gifts if any.

Another way is to hire considerate event planners.
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Hdanny(m): 4:42pm On Feb 18, 2020
Blu03:
I'm very insecure. If i'm to get married and have kids, i would want them to have the best life has to offer. To have a safe future...
I must have a steady, well paying job. He must too.
I must have a good amount of money in the bank. Savings to lean back on (just in case). He must too.
I must have properties and other assets. He must too.

But this is for me.

For others, at least 3million in the bank. Plus a house and car.
Transportation and house rent can take alot out of one's salary...
Children of nowadays angry
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Lordapson23(m): 4:45pm On Feb 18, 2020
Reality11:
People that have only 100, 300, 900k are getting married.

Other might have 5, 7, 10 million can still say they aren't ready financially.

The question is "how much would you have in your account before thinking of marriage"

The question need individual specific answers.

I don't think I'll marry, so this question is not for me

Finally someone with sense smiley
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:45pm On Feb 18, 2020
safarigirl:
Commitment, exclusivity are implied in marriage, they are not implied whole dating.

commitment/exclusivity bawo?!?!?! so you mean to say that you are dating someone, you fall in love with someone, you decide you want to spend the rest of your life with that person, so you introduce that person to your family and friends, you then get engaged to that person .... and during all this time you are neither committed nor exclusive to one another?!?!?! i am sorry to say that, if that is the case, your marriage will indeed be doomed.

here is an important point: if your dating partner isnt exclusive nor committed to you, you should [b]NEVER EVER dream of marrying that animal[/b]

There is a reason why some people can date for thirteen years, only to get married and divorce each other in a year.

very true, thats because marriage aint easy... many people change in marriage, many people become lazy in marriage, many people lose track of caring for their partner in marriage.... many view marriage as the end of the line (aka they aint got to do shiit no more now that they GOT him/her)

You can date without cohabiting, you can date without having to attend family functions, you can date with little to no responsibilities, you can't do same without marriage.

again, if you just met a babe and you are just fukc buddies its one thing, but if you are dating someone SERIOUSLY then all the above need to be done... as for cohabiting, what you did at home alone, is what you will do at home with your wife...no changes whatsoever. the only difference is that now you will spend less money on food/rent etc

It is the psychological state of mind, that is the key difference between these two things.

the above you wrote is the reason why so many marriages fail miserably... the state of mind is exactly the same if you are dating someone seriously (not being a loose LovePeddler/dog) or married to someone. now, i understand that the rules of dating in Nigeria are a bit crooked... a babe can be dating the "supposed" man of her life and still fukc around multiple dudes (to keep her option open), while a dude can be engaged and have multiple mistresses no biggie....but thats not the real world, thats the deranged mentality that have these people look at marriage as a do or die mission instead of wanting to spend the rest of their natural life with someone because of love/passion etc.. many out there are damaged and should never even remotely think of getting married, but many would gladly marry them out of social/religious/family/peer PRESSURE

realokopi:
Just look at the way you're saying it as if it's that easy.

marriage aint easy simply because PEOPLE CHANGE.... while you shouldnt. if you could date someone for years without issues, and as soon as you sign a contract to be together forever, the union is strained then i am sorry to say that the problem isnt "marriage", the problem is YOU who automatically believe that now that you are married, you need to become someone you were not.

Tajbol4splend:
Money plays its vital role in happiness in marriage

MONEY plays a vital role in LIFE as you certainly need to be able to feed/house/clothe yourself 1st before you remotely think of dating anyone... but again, this is the important part: if you dated someone, spend time with that person, loved them, then decided to propose to her and get engaged ALL WHILE BEING BROKE, then you certainly can marry her while being broke too.

charlesELIKIBA:
are you seriously asking this dumb question? will you use same budget in your dating years as bf and gf IN MARRIAGE?

during your dating years you BOTH paid your bills, BOTH bought food, BOTH took care of yourselves etc... so. while married you will now join your funds and do exactly the same thing... no big deal. the stoopidity here is deluded brainless donkeys who thinks that they "should" have children as soon as they get married to someone, even though they cant AFFORD it

proclinician:
You're correct. However, you can't take out the possibility and certainty of child bearing and that's the crux of the matter. To raise children that will reward your old age is excruciatingly expensive unless u want just body counts. Anyhow anyhow

yes you are right...but the problem here is that you guys believe that because 2 people are married, they MUST have kids... HELL NO! as 2 smart adult, you should do whats best for the union, and if you aint got money to have kids today then you wait until you are ready. thats why so manykids/families are failing in Africa....bunch of useless people who have no means to physically/emotionally/financially raise kids properly, yet will have countless children..... that would be as stoopid as a man only having money for a Pento, but instead buys a BENZ (to flaunt to everybody else) but sadly he now has no more money for taxes/insurance/gas/maintenance etc.

everyone/anyone can get married but not everybody should have kids... getting married is FREE and EASY (just sign on the dotted line) while having kids is emotionally/physically/financially EXPENSIVE and unless you have the means to have kids, you certainly shouldnt have any. sadly many see having kids as a lottery for their old age..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by ogbonti1(f): 4:47pm On Feb 18, 2020
Fuk Marriage
Fuk Op
Fuk You Too

1 Like

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by wunmi590(m): 4:48pm On Feb 18, 2020
okpalaAnambra:

Amen...that's my birthday

Thank bro, happy birthday in advance
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Papanwamaikpe: 4:49pm On Feb 18, 2020
Nn3muka:

no Obiageli AKU
Don't goan make your own money. Broke thing!!!
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Davesaves(m): 4:53pm On Feb 18, 2020
travelland:

He who finds a GOOD wife, FINDS A GOOD THING AND OBTAINS FAVOR FROM THE LORD.
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Nn3muka(f): 4:53pm On Feb 18, 2020
Papanwamaikpe:
Don't goan make your own money. Broke thing!!!
2hrs don elapse?
3k ashawo never show? cheesy
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by martha18(f): 4:53pm On Feb 18, 2020
I don't think getting married should be determined by money in the account. To me, I feel having a stable income is all that matters.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Raalsalghul: 4:56pm On Feb 18, 2020
adolebenito17:
life experience
i have an uncle who said,
if he dont build a house and buy a car he won't marry.
my brother,before he realise he was at ;'54;'
he marry 2years back
and within that period of marriage
he is almost completing his building
with a yoyota corola... now
so u dont have to wait until millions arrive before
marring, but just have something doing....

We shouldn't hinge our life on uncommon circumstances.
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Feb 18, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

commitment/exclusivity bawo?!?!?! so you mean to say that you are dating someone, you fall in love with someone, you decide you want to spend the rest of your life with that person, so you introduce that person to your family and friends, you then get engaged to that person .... and during all this time you are neither committed nor exclusive to one another?!?!?! i am sorry to say that, if that is the case, your marriage will indeed be doomed.

here is an important point: if your dating partner isnt exclusive nor committed to you, you should [b]NEVER EVER dream of marrying that animal[/b]

very true, thats because marriage aint easy... many people change in marriage, many people become lazy in marriage, many people lose track of caring for their partner in marriage.... many view marriage as the end of the line (aka they aint got to do shiit no more now that they GOT him/her)

again, if you just met a babe and you are just fukc buddies its one thing, but if you are dating someone SERIOUSLY then all the above need to be done... as for cohabiting, what you did at home alone, is what you will do at home with your wife...no changes whatsoever. the only difference is that now you will spend less money on food/rent etc

the above you wrote is the reason why so many marriages fail miserably... the state of mind is exactly the same if you are dating someone seriously (not being a loose LovePeddler/dog) or married to someone. now, i understand that the rules of dating in Nigeria are a bit crooked... a babe can be dating the "supposed" man of her life and still fukc around multiple dudes (to keep her option open), while a dude can be engaged and have multiple mistresses no biggie....but thats not the real world, thats the deranged mentality that have these people look at marriage as a do or die mission instead of wanting to spend the rest of their natural life with someone because of love/passion etc.. many out there are damaged and should never even remotely think of getting married, but many would gladly marry them out of social/religious/family/peer PRESSURE

marriage aint easy simply because PEOPLE CHANGE.... while you shouldnt. if you could date someone for years without issues, and as soon as you sign a contract to be together forever, the union is strained then i am sorry to say that the problem isnt "marriage", the problem is YOU who automatically believe that now that you are married, you need to become someone you were not.

MONEY plays a vital role in LIFE as you certainly need to be able to feed/house/clothe yourself 1st before you remotely think of dating anyone... but again, this is the important part: if you dated someone, spend time with that person, loved them, then decided to propose to her and get engaged ALL WHILE BEING BROKE, then you certainly can marry her while being broke too.

during your dating years you BOTH paid your bills, BOTH bought food, BOTH took care of yourselves etc... so. while married you will now join your funds and do exactly the same thing... no big deal. the stoopidity here is deluded brainless donkeys who thinks that they "should" have children as soon as they get married to someone, even though they cant AFFORD it

yes you are right...but the problem here is that you guys believe that because 2 people are married, they MUST have kids... HELL NO! as 2 smart adult, you should do whats best for the union, and if you aint got money to have kids today then you wait until you are ready. thats why so manykids/families are failing in Africa....bunch of useless people who have no means to physically/emotionally/financially raise kids properly, yet will have countless children..... that would be as stoopid as a man only having money for a Pento, but instead buys a BENZ (to flaunt to everybody else) but sadly he has no money for taxes/insurance/gas/parts.

everyone/anyone can get married but not everybody should have kids... getting married is FREE and EASY (just sign on the dotted line) while having kids is emotionally/physically/financially EXPENSIVE and unless you have the means to have kids, you certainly shouldnt have any. sadly many see having kids as a lottery for their old age..
all this grammar you are speaking is for the woke,not those with traditional thinking.

For now,from the lens of the majority,marriage is the consummation of commitment. And many will do a lot to get into it including pretense. Many ladies prefer to be married to an ass for the title of being married(to avoid the tag evening newspaper) than be in a healthy loving committed relationship.
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by FunnyDude(m): 4:59pm On Feb 18, 2020
You need a stable income source in marriage. Don't put those kids into what you went through. The joy of any parent is to see his/her kids and be happy
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Papanwamaikpe: 5:03pm On Feb 18, 2020
Nn3muka:

2hrs don elapse?
3k ashawo never show? cheesy
Broke thing! Get the Bleep out ta my mention!
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:06pm On Feb 18, 2020
Michellekabod2:
all this grammar you are speaking is for the woke,not those with traditional thinking.

For now,from the lens of the majority,marriage is the consummation of commitment. And many will do a lot to get into it including pretense. Many ladies prefer to be married to an ass for the title of being married(to avoid the tag evening newspaper) than be in a healthy loving committed relationship.

sadly, i understand where everyone is coming from... aka marriage is a do or die issue in Nigeria and they wrongly believe that as soon as you get married, you automatically MUST have kids (a wife who cant have children is NO good, an impotent husband is NO good) so kids is a big business in Nigeria, and thats why many believe you must have money to get married because, TO THEM, marriage automatically means having kids.

1 Like

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by djon78(m): 5:07pm On Feb 18, 2020
joepepsy:
This is my point,people should stop having many children.

It's not just having so many children even the little number must be adequately taken care of and it requires money.

I have a relation with three kids all In primary and there annual school fees is in millions. They go to highbrow school where the best of education is guaranteed.

The key thing still boils down to good economy. Moreover marriage is just a branch part of someones life. There are other parts of a person's life that needs to be taken care of to make a complete man, work, business, career, money making, etc are all these branches.

But majority of times people solely focus on marriage and in the end they end up an unfulfilled miserable beings.

So my take is people should look at life from the entire makeup not just the marriage branch to become a complete being.

1 Like

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Phemsammy(m): 5:09pm On Feb 18, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by vickydevoka(m): 5:11pm On Feb 18, 2020
faithsystem:
for the man, try have at least 800k cash with steady means of income, so that even after wedding you'll not be indebted.

then try agree with your spouse to do inhouse traditional marriage, just the family members and you do the traditional rights with bride price payment wich total cost will not be more than 300k. and that's settled.

then for white wedding, curt your cost down not to impress people for elaborate wedding and go home hunger with your spouse. 500k can handle your white wedding;

you can use your church venue for both reception to avoid additional cost, give a bag of rice of 20k and additional 100k to a catering personnel for their services to provide both food and cake, pay for souvenirs 50k, video & photo coverage 50k, decoration 50k, drinks 100k, suit and wedding gown 50k, DJ for entertainment 20k, and keep the remaining 50k for miscellaneous expense, you can decide to charge the asoebi for their dresses and that cost you nothing, then 10k for make-up artist,

you don't need millions to get married but you need finance, understandable planning, love and readyness to make it sweeter and lovely.

my humble personal opinion though.
How much is de gal Contributing for the white wedding. Please comt to the north may be jos n see wedding for urself de gal contributs more than de guy in her wedding. U will be amazed
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by joepepsy(m): 5:12pm On Feb 18, 2020
For the first in history i agree with a Nairalander,if there is a sensible person on this forum,that means there are still sensible people around,there's hope.
djon78:

It's not just having so many children even the little number must be adequately taken care of and it requires money.

I have a relation with three kids all In primary and there annual school fees is in millions. They go to highbrow school where the best of education is guaranteed.

The key thing still boils down to good economy. Moreover marriage is just a branch part of someones life. There are other parts of a person's life that needs to be taken care of to make a complete man, work, business, career, money making, etc are all these branches.

But majority of times people solely focus on marriage and in the end they end up an unfulfilled miserable beings.

So my take is people should look at life from the entire makeup not just the marriage branch to become a complete being.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Kisses Oyinbo Man On The Streets Of Italy. Nigerians React / Wedding Photo Of A Couple Kissing As Boy Looks / Two Sisters Set To Wed 2 Best Friends (Pre-wedding Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.