Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Why Tribalism In Nigeria Should Die A Peaceful Death - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Tribalism In Nigeria Should Die A Peaceful Death (834 Views)

Tribalism In Biafria Will Be Worst Than That Of Nigeria (opinion) / Reasons to have a peaceful election (Graphic Photos Inclusive) / "May IBB Die A Violent Death"- Gani Fawehinmi’s Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Tribalism In Nigeria Should Die A Peaceful Death by archive(f): 6:35pm On Dec 16, 2010
read my post on ethnic untiy and vote in the poll at www.thenigerianarchive.
Re: Why Tribalism In Nigeria Should Die A Peaceful Death by Blazay(m): 6:39pm On Dec 16, 2010
Sorry, it can never die.
We just have to work around it.
Re: Why Tribalism In Nigeria Should Die A Peaceful Death by archive(f): 6:42pm On Dec 16, 2010
blazay - well yeah i guess working around it is probably as good as it can get for the near future. but it would still be something and people honestly need to let go of this form of racism. it's nothing but detrimental
Re: Why Tribalism In Nigeria Should Die A Peaceful Death by Adonike(m): 6:43pm On Dec 16, 2010
I disagree with
Re: Why Tribalism In Nigeria Should Die A Peaceful Death by jason12345: 6:45pm On Dec 16, 2010
i agree with you! tribalism has to die and fast!
Re: Why Tribalism In Nigeria Should Die A Peaceful Death by Blazay(m): 6:48pm On Dec 16, 2010
archive:

blazay - well yeah i guess working around it is probably as good as it can get for the near future. but it would still be something and people honestly need to let go of this form of racism. it's nothing but detrimental

Not in this life time.

Racism has not stopped other humans around the world from progressing. Tribalism can only die when there is law and order in Nigeria. We wish for that ideal society without racism and tribalism, but not in this life time. Not with the way a typical Nigeria reasons. . . no matter how hypocritically.
Re: Why Tribalism In Nigeria Should Die A Peaceful Death by archive(f): 6:51pm On Dec 16, 2010
Blazay:

Not in this life time.

Racism has not stopped other humans around the world from progressing. Tribalism can only die when there is law and order in Nigeria. We wish for that ideal society without racism and tribalism, but not in this life time. Not with the way a typical Nigeria reasons. . . no matter how hypocritically.

Other humans didn't prgress while being racist towards people WITHIN their own country. It just doesn't make any sense to have that kind of conflict within your own borders. If you're talking about western racism, then the countrys were already developed before outsiders settled. Law and order starts with the peope. There is no point in waiting aroudn for the govt to solve everything - even our own prejudices. let's get real
Re: Why Tribalism In Nigeria Should Die A Peaceful Death by Arosa(m): 6:58pm On Dec 16, 2010
A law against tribalism might do the trick. undecided
Re: Why Tribalism In Nigeria Should Die A Peaceful Death by archive(f): 7:00pm On Dec 16, 2010
Arosa:

A law against tribalism might do the trick. undecided

not sure if that was sarcasm but i think other laws need to be implemented first. what my post is about is really something in the hands of the people.
Re: Why Tribalism In Nigeria Should Die A Peaceful Death by HTownEve(f): 7:48pm On Dec 16, 2010
It is gradually dying.

It is not as serious as it used to be in the past. Especially for the enlightened younger generations in cities and outside Nigeria.
Re: Why Tribalism In Nigeria Should Die A Peaceful Death by Blazay(m): 7:51pm On Dec 16, 2010
archive:

Other humans didn't prgress while being racist towards people WITHIN their own country. It just doesn't make any sense to have that kind of conflict within your own borders. If you're talking about western racism, then the countrys were already developed before outsiders settled. Law and order starts with the peope. There is no point in waiting aroudn for the govt to solve everything - even our own prejudices. let's get real

The USA sound familiar?
Whites against Blacks?
Blacks against Hispanics?
African Americans against Africans?
Christians against Muslims?

The list is endless. Still #1 in the world. Not like they love each other dearly right?

Do they have 3 heads? undecided

Nigeria must find her own way too.

Don't tell me we need 500 years like the Americans. cheesy

You see. . . not in our life time.
Re: Why Tribalism In Nigeria Should Die A Peaceful Death by strangerf: 9:55pm On Dec 16, 2010
Baba Blazay 'agbaya'

You forgot to add

Democrats Vs, Republicans
Catholics vs. protestants
East coast Vs. west Coast
Fstranger Vs. Blazay
Blonde Vs. Brunette
Baseball Vs. football
Re: Why Tribalism In Nigeria Should Die A Peaceful Death by Blazay(m): 10:10pm On Dec 16, 2010
Yoruba "omo ale" almajiri Ekiti missing pickin fstranger.
Please add to the least o! cheesy
This political section is boring at the moment.
Let me go and find one miserable NL female in the family section to molest. wink
Re: Why Tribalism In Nigeria Should Die A Peaceful Death by strangerf: 10:15pm On Dec 16, 2010
^^^^

Who are you Blazay?

I have never seen an Hausa man call it almajiri, It is called "alma[b]n[/b]jiri"

You are not even a northerner

I tire for you ooooo, you this 'Agbaya'
Re: Why Tribalism In Nigeria Should Die A Peaceful Death by strangerf: 10:17pm On Dec 16, 2010
Blazay:

Yoruba "omo ale" almajiri Ekiti missing pickin fstranger.
Please add to the least o! cheesy
This political section is boring at the moment.
Let me go and find one miserable NL female in the family section to molest. wink

I will come with you!
Re: Why Tribalism In Nigeria Should Die A Peaceful Death by tpia1: 10:20pm On Dec 16, 2010
Blazay:

can you explain what this means, just for curiousity's sake.

you didnt even say romance section, you specifically pointed out family section.
Re: Why Tribalism In Nigeria Should Die A Peaceful Death by KnowAll(m): 10:40pm On Dec 16, 2010
Tribalism woud die a natural death, the day would start shooting every theiving poltician who stole above N5 Million naira the shooting should include their wives, the state would look after their children thereafter.

At the moment there is the tendency for a Yoruba man or Igbo man to support his Yoruba or igbo thieving brother just becos he is from his tribe. When u have universal laws and a prima facia cases and evidences against the culprit, the culprit would go down, people generally no matter the tribe would wake up to their responsibilities. This would lead to the rule of law been supreme. The law of the land should take precedents no matter what.

I mentioned it once in one of my earlier post, that the princess of Wales, Princess Diana ran out of a hair saloon where she was fixing her hair becos some probably illegal Naija man wanted to give her a parking ticket. That is what is called the rule of law. Nobody should be above the law.
Re: Why Tribalism In Nigeria Should Die A Peaceful Death by Blazay(m): 10:54pm On Dec 16, 2010
strangerf:

I will come with you!

Sonny, stay here. I don't want you upsetting those girls there with your chronic thread derailment activities.
Call me when Atiku fires a shot huh? wink

tpia1:

can you explain what this means, just for curiousity's sake.

you didnt even say romance section, you specifically pointed out family section.

Please relax sir.
I had a fight with one extremely sad creature there this morning.
Sorry, I prefer the family section, since you just may find a lot of stable people up there than the romance section.
Nothing bad.

(1) (Reply)

Should There Be A Law To Prevent Zoning / Presidential Primary: Pdp Grills Jonathan, Atiku, Jibril / Now GEJ Government Wants To Sleep With Devil?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.