Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,458 members, 7,850,596 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:22 AM

Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial (65106 Views)

Olisa Metuh Attends The Matriculation Of His Adopted Child In Abuja Wit Crutches / Olisa Metuh Laughing In Ekweremadu's House (Photo) / Court Closes Olisa Metuh’s Case In His Absence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by bluefilm: 6:57pm On Feb 25, 2020
Very good.

All yam eaters should be sent to jail.

Sai Baba.
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Sholaco: 7:01pm On Feb 25, 2020
Justice delayed justice served
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by BluntBoy(m): 7:02pm On Feb 25, 2020
Built2last:
Can anyone name any top Northern politician who is a MUSLIM who has been convicted and sentenced by Buhari.....

Mention any former governor or federal Minister.

Before some of you will come here to rant like an ant.

I am not against jailing corrupt politicians. I dont know Metu or Orji Kalu.

I just wonder why No Northern Muslim of such status is in Jail. 2 former governors tried and jailed are christians

Note: I have no time to reply all low lives replying me. I said mention anyone convicted and people are screaming Dasuki. Was Dasuki convicted? Is Jolly Nyame a Nothern Muslim?

People are asking me if Buhari is the judge, No He is not the judge...No judge brings the accuse to court its the machinery with an agenda that charges them to those courts not the judges.

Those of you saying my post is divisive should know that Nigeria has been divided by Buhari already. Its a matter of time. Its a matter of time.

Nawa o.

When did Buhari become a judge who convicts?

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by NGpatriot: 7:14pm On Feb 25, 2020
Source of the Money = Returned Abacha loot.

Who stole the money and authorized for the money to be looted and shared = Goodluck Jonathan and Okonjo

Who authorized for the money to be given to Metuh = Goodluck Jonathan

Next to head to prison for the same offence.

FFK

Fayose

2 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Emmannn101(m): 7:17pm On Feb 25, 2020
membranus:

A convict cannot become a Nigerian President.

What about Obasanjo
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Emmannn101(m): 7:20pm On Feb 25, 2020
Buhari should start the rehabilitation of kuje and Kirikiri prison because when PDP is in power, they will definitely retaliate.

But sincerely, I was expecting nothing less than 20 years imprisonment with hard labour without fine.

This one too sweet sha

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Cyberterror: 7:29pm On Feb 25, 2020
This is why they are always attacking Buhari. God bless our dear President. The anti- corruption war is on course.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by danigbo(m): 7:29pm On Feb 25, 2020
Sanusi said 85% of poverty in Nigeria is from the north. When will these northern politicians who improvised their people be brought to book ?
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Mrjo(m): 7:35pm On Feb 25, 2020
kerzhim:
These people have injured this country beyond reasonable doubt.

Finally, justice is served after series of drama.
I am patiently waiting to read from PDP. Let them come and tell us how the case will be review.
Awon set looting geng!
the verdict is very shameful, Dasuki's trail is still ongoing while Metuh have been convicted. I am not supporting anyone

2 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Ramsak1: 7:38pm On Feb 25, 2020
I'm nt saying buhari doesn't need mental reassessment buh dont u think u need this same mental reassessment too? Even more than buhari himself
Js22621:
It's rather complete war against corrupt politicians or nothing! To hell with Bullhari and his unequal Justice more like his unequal scrotal sac housing his cracked eggs. And to those praising Bullhari, I still recommend a monthly thorough mental reassessment just to evaluate and validate the state of ur reasoning as human and not cows. I wonder when the very short arm (Not long Arm anymore) of law will visit the likes of the Tinubu and co.

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Winning123: 7:39pm On Feb 25, 2020
No law forbids an individual from keeping money at home

Ghost7:
Finally.
What happened to the petition that was sent to the EFCC concerning the bullion vans that were seen entering Tinubu's house on election eve?

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by NGpatriot: 7:41pm On Feb 25, 2020
Who was in charge and who stole and authorized for the money to be looted and shared?

GEJ and Okonjo/Christiaans

Who are the beneficiaries of the looted funds?

Metuh, FFK, Fayose, Omisore, Obaigbena/ All Christians

Moral of the story, if you are going to foolishly turn this into Muslim/Christian issue, it is also safe to conclude that Christians are also thieves, they congregated and conspired to loot our money.

On a serious note, they did not loot the funds based on religion or to share the funds with you in the name of religion, they looted the funds for their own personal benefits, satisfaction and enjoyment so, the joke is on you..

4 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Azmanaty: 7:43pm On Feb 25, 2020
Winning123:
No law forbids an individual from keeping money at home

Be deceiving yourself there undecided
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by blissmandate(m): 7:46pm On Feb 25, 2020
we no go gree oo we no go gree, UN, ECOWAS,AU,NATO must hear this. our biafla bloda is innocent.
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by akdjr(m): 7:53pm On Feb 25, 2020
4years is too small. I was expecting 16years to equate the number of years his party loot this country.
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by ThatFairGuy: 7:55pm On Feb 25, 2020
Nonsensical. I don't know when Buhari became judge. muritala Nyako, sule lamido, son and co cases are in court. If you think it isn't fast enough, take them to Court yourself and STOP BRINGING FLIMSY EXCUSES FOR CORRUPT PRINCIPALS. CORRUPTION IS CORRUPTION
[s]
Built2last:
Can anyone name any top Northern politician who is a MUSLIM who has been convicted and sentenced by Buhari.....

I just wonder why No Northern Muslim of such status is in Jail. 2 former governors tried and jailed are christians

Note: I have no time to reply all low lives replying me. I said mention anyone convicted and people are screaming Dasuki. Was Dasuki convicted? Is Jolly Nyame a Nothern Muslim?

People are asking me if Buhari is the judge, No He is not the judge...No judge brings the accuse to court its the machinery with an agenda that charges them to those courts not the judges.

Those of you saying my post is divisive should know that Nigeria has been divided by Buhari already. Its a matter of time. Its a matter of time.
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by ThatFairGuy: 7:59pm On Feb 25, 2020
This was what I've been waiting anxiously to hear.

God bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria. No more place for corrupt principals
fergie001:
For me honestly, it's a fair deal

He should count himself lucky....(7 years)

Modified:

https://www.channelstv.com/2020/02/25/breaking-court-sentences-olisa-metuh-to-seven-years-in-prison-after-four-year-trial/

The Federal High Court in Abuja has sentenced a former National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Mr Olisa Metuh, to seven years in prison.

Justice Okon Abang handed down the sentence in his judgement on Tuesday on seven counts of money laundering and criminal diversion of funds to the tune of N400 million.

The charges were filed against Metuh and his company, Destra investment, by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

The trial judge sentenced Metuh after convicting him and found him guilty of all the charges brought against him by the anti-graft agency.

This followed a protracted trial of the former PDP spokesman which lasted about four years and witnessed a series of drama and adjournment over health-related matters.

Giving his judgement, Justice Abang sentenced Metuh to seven years imprisonment in respect to Counts One to Three.

On Count Four, the PDP spokesman was sentenced to five years while he got seven, three and seven years for Counts Five, Six, and Seven respectively.

He, however, held that all the sentences should run concurrently, with effect from February 25, 2020.

Meaning, the sentence shall run concurrently which implies that he would only spend the highest number of years of jail term, which is seven, in prison.

The trial judge also sentenced Dextra Investment to pay a fine of N25 million with respect to Counts Five and Six, while Metuh was also ordered to pay a fine of N375 million.

Justice Abang further ordered that the account of Dextra Investment should be forfeited to the Federal Government and the company be dissolved.

3 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by EmmyUch(m): 7:59pm On Feb 25, 2020
Only seven years for 400 million naira?
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Js22621: 8:04pm On Feb 25, 2020
Oh it's you again? Noone ever considered you worthy to have an argument with and you personally know this. Stop hiding around on nairaland making a shame of yourself rather get yourself engage in something meaningful. Btw are u still using that old dirty powerbank of yours?
Ramsak1:
I'm nt saying buhari doesn't need mental reassessment buh dont u think u need this same mental reassessment too? Even more than buhari himself
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by bbamusa: 8:21pm On Feb 25, 2020
Ghost7:
Finally.
What happened to the petition that was sent to the EFCC concerning the bullion vans that were seen entering Tinubu's house on election eve?
when PDP takes over power next term, they should go after the APC looters too. that's a fair game....
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Buffalo2(m): 8:38pm On Feb 25, 2020
pafra:
Good

This is good for the fight against corruption. Even if it is witch hunt. When it's PDP turn to rule let them witch hunt all of APC members. By so doing 70% of the politicians must have gone to jail
You just spoke my mind
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by adekolaelect(m): 9:15pm On Feb 25, 2020
Built2last:

Don't kill yourself now we have seen you prof and defence we agreed with you .Take it easy one by one it will reach their (northerners) turn .

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Itsme0I: 9:43pm On Feb 25, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:
Source of the Money = Returned Abacha loot.

Who stole the money and authorized for the money to be looted and shared = Goodluck Jonathan and Okonjo

Who authorized for the money to be given to Metuh = Goodluck Jonathan

Next to head to prison for the same offence.

FFK

Fayose

[/s]
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Horladipupo0505: 9:52pm On Feb 25, 2020
Built2last:

oga leave christain or Muslim anybody that steal must go to prison
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Itsme0I: 9:53pm On Feb 25, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:
Who was in charge and who stole and authorized for the money to be looted and shared?

GEJ and Okonjo/Christiaans

Who are the beneficiaries of the looted funds?

Metuh, FFK, Fayose, Omisore, Obaigbena/ All Christians

Moral of the story, if you are going to foolishly turn this into Muslim/Christian issue, it is also safe to conclude that Christians are also thieves, they congregated and conspired to loot our money.

On a serious note, they did not loot the funds based on religion or to share the funds with you in the name of religion, they looted the funds for their own personal benefits, satisfaction and enjoyment so, the joke is on you..
[/s]
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by pedel: 9:57pm On Feb 25, 2020
When you have the evidence to prove that the van carried a stolen public funds efcc will charge him to court. Evidence of a crime committed or you stop acting like an illiterate.

Ghost7:
Finally.
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by West2019(m): 10:12pm On Feb 25, 2020
Built2last:

Dasuki
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by kunleham(m): 10:23pm On Feb 25, 2020
what about Dasuki?
quote author=Built2last post=86947142]Can anyone name any top Northern politician who is a MUSLIM who has been convicted and sentenced by Buhari.....

Those of you saying my post is divisive should know that Nigeria has been divided by Buhari already. Its a matter of time. Its a matter of time.[/quote]
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Osidazz19: 11:07pm On Feb 25, 2020
[[s]quote author=Built2last post=86947142]Can anyone name any top Northern politician who is a MUSLIM who has been convicted and sentenced by Buhari.....

Those of you saying my post is divisive should know that Nigeria has been divided by Buhari already. Its a matter of time. Its a matter of time.[/quote][/s]

Brainwashed religious fanatical miscreant.
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by okeyfrank: 11:14pm On Feb 25, 2020
TO YOUR TENT O' NIGERIA.

THE END OF NIGERIA IS GRADUALLY APPROACHING.

WE EITHER RESTRUCTURE AND GET BACK TO REGIONAL GOVERNMENT IN TRUE FEDERALISM, OTHERWISE, NIGERIA AS A COUNTRY MAY NOT LAST THE NEXT FOUR YEARS UNDER THIS EXTREMELY DIVISIVE AND RELIGIOUSLY POLARIZED RULER-SHIP
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by wanger50(m): 11:32pm On Feb 25, 2020
Built2last:

As I have always said,if the present regime decides to fight corruption among Christian governors,it simply means good governance is been encouraged in those states.Sparing Muslims is to rather encourage underdevelopment in their regions.Bottom line is whether you stole or not
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Ramsak1: 11:33pm On Feb 25, 2020
What is this one saying nw
Js22621:
Oh it's you again? Noone ever considered you worthy to have an argument with and you personally know this. Stop hiding around on nairaland making a shame of yourself rather get yourself engage in something meaningful. Btw are u still using that old dirty powerbank of yours?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fayose Eats At NYSC Camp, Ise Ekiti (Pics) / We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. / Asiwaju Tinubu Salutes Like The Commander In Chief (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.