Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,727 members, 7,831,308 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode (38519 Views)

Tell Tinubu That Nigeria Is Not Lagos If You Really Care"—Kayode Ogundamisi / Summary Of Nnamdi Kanu's World Address By Kayode Ogundamisi / See What Kayode Ogundamisi Said About Sen. Bukola Sarki That Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by 0m0nnakoda: 9:15am On Feb 27, 2020
isthatso:

Fani power was an AG member, he was even leader of the youth wing of the AG. When it was time for elections in 1959, he dumped AG when he didn’t get the ticket and crossed over to NCNC, where he contested and won and became opposition leader in the western region. Akintola was still n AG and became premier. In 1962/63 when Awo and Akintola had political strategic differences as explained earlier, a vote of no confidence was passed in Akintola by the western region parliament and Akintola moved to NCNC remained premier and Fani Power his deputy. The point here is that Fani Power had already sold out for personal gain long before Akintola. Whatever differences Awo and Akintola had were political, Fani Kayode was selfish. That was Fani Kayode 1st acquired the reputation as a traitor.

When the military coup occurred, the soldiers first went to Fani Power’s house put him in their van and drove him to Akintola’s house. The story is Fani Power pointed Akintola to the soldiers and Akintola was shot. Fani Power was driven to Lagos, where according to legend he was “rescued” by Gowon at Ikeja cantonment. Yorubas found the story a little too convenient and believe he was spared because he cooperated with the soldiers in the assasination of his boss Akintola.

That is the origin of the legend of Fani Power as the ultimate in treachery in Yoruba land. Having betrayed Awo for personal gain he went on to betray Akintola to save his own life. Contrast that with Adekunle Fajuyi, who in the counter-coup, soldiers led by Danjuma, said we are not here for you but for Ironsi who was his guest at govt house, said I would rather die than you kill my visitor in my house and so he was killed.
That stuff about what happened in the coup is speculation and unverifiable

The other issue is an Action Group internal political matter. I don't see how that is a Yoruba matter?
Or treachery against Yoruba people.
Not everyone must follow Awolowo and those who do have the right to change their minds.

Stop this nonsense about treachery against the Yoruba.
Did Awolowo go into politics for personal loss?Is Awolowo an Orisa?
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 9:44am On Feb 27, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

That stuff about what happened in the coup is speculation and unverifiable

The other issue is an Action Group internal political matter. I don't see how that is a Yoruba matter?
Or treachery against Yoruba people.
Not everyone must follow Awolowo and those who do have the right to change their minds.

Stop this nonsense about treachery against the Yoruba.
Did Awolowo go into politics for personal loss?Is Awolowo an Orisa?

Are you really an enlightened person?. Who cares if it is verifiable? People believe what they believe. Are the miracles in the Bible verifiable? again I ask: have you verified your father is your father, so why do you believe he is your father?

You really are a very annoying person , you must have no friends. I said this is the origin of the legend, does it have to make sense, did I say it makes sense? Is whether it makes sense the point?

Like i said you clearly do not understand the concept of loyalty and community. otherwise I would not have to keep explaining to you that there is a way of doing things and you must be a very self centered person if you think your choices in life are simply based on your interests only and that of the larger community, your family, your base, your community can always be ignored. In life we make our choices and live with the consequences. You are free to leave your family for your own personal gain but surely you dont expect to be embraced by the same family you abandoned for your personal gain. I have said it many times Akintola and Awo was a political divergence...I respect that. I and my family are die hard Awo supporters but I understand Akintola and have no beef with him, even though to us he is the enemy. People fall out so long as it is based on principle or idealogy, thats ok, we dont have to agree. Fani Power was all about self, thats why he is and will always be remembered as a traitor.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by 0m0nnakoda: 9:50am On Feb 27, 2020
isthatso:

Are you really an enlightened person?. Who cares if it is verifiable? People believe what they believe. Are the miracles in the Bible verifiable? again I ask: have you verified your father is your father, so why do you believe he is your father?

You really are a very annoying person , you must have no friends. I said this is the origin of the legend, does it have to make sense, did I say it makes sense? Is whether it makes sense the point?

Like i said you clearly do not understand the concept of loyalty and community. otherwise I would not have to keep explaining to you that there is a way of doing things and you must be a very self centered person if you think your choices in life are simply based on your interests only and that of the larger community, your family, your base, your community can always be ignored. In life we make our choices and live with the consequences. You are free to leave your family for your own personal gain but surely you dont expect to be embraced by the same family you abandoned for your personal gain. I have said it many times Akintola and Awo was a political divergence...I respect that. I and my family are die hard Awo supporters but I understand Akintola and have no beef with him, even though to us he is the enemy. People fall out so long as it is based on principle or idealogy, thats ok, we dont have to agree. Fani Power was all about self, thats why he is and will always be remembered as a traitor.

No I am not enlightened
You believe what you believe just like I do.
What you cannot do is dictate what everyone believes or should believe
I have listened with an open mind. I have not heard anything that Fani Power did that is strange in Yoruba politics
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 27, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

No I am not enlightened
You believe what you believe just like I do.
What you cannot do is dictate what everyone believes or should believe

No I am trying to explain the origins of the legend, I have in no post tried to JUSTIFY anything. people are free to read my version and make up their minds whether it has merit or not.

You on the other hand are the one trying to JUSTIFY UNPRINCIPLED BEHAVIOUR at every turn!!
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by 0m0nnakoda: 10:03am On Feb 27, 2020
isthatso:

No I am trying to explain the origins of the legend, I have in no post tried to JUSTIFY anything. people are free to read my version and make up their minds whether it has merit or not.

You on the other hand are the one trying to JUSTIFY UNPRINCIPLED BEHAVIOUR at every turn!!
You are trying to explain YOUR understanding. YOUR version of history. There are others

Your determination that you are right is akin to Boko Haram and their worldview.
The ideas are different but the fanaticism is the same.

You are absolutely unwilling to accept that your version is wrong . That is the essence of fanaticism.
Awolowo had those who disagreed with him among the Yoruba.
That is the nature of Yoruba NO DEITY IS COMPULSORY . Every one can worship what they like

There is this notion that all Yoruba must think the same way on Fani Power. We must all believe that he is a traitor

Just like Boko Haram want all women to wear veils with absolute conviction they are God sent
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 10:11am On Feb 27, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

You are trying to explain YOUR understanding. YOUR version of history. There are others

Your determination that you are right is akin to Boko Haram and their worldview.
The ideas are different but the fanaticism is the same.

You are absolutely unwilling to accept that your version is wrong . That is the essence of fanaticism.
Awolowo had those who disagreed with him among the Yoruba.
That is the nature of Yoruba NO DEITY IS COMPULSORY . Every one can worship what they like

There is this notion that all Yoruba must think the same way on Fani Power. We must all believe that he is a traitor

Just like Boko Haram want all women to wear veils with absolute conviction they are God sent

1. Where have you shown or attempted to show my version is wrong

2. Where have I said All yours must believe FFk is a traitor

please provide the quotes

This thread started with accusations of treachery againsts FFks father, some said they didnt know. I merely tried to explain the origins according to the legend. how does that amount to dictating? I have even on a few occasions said Akintola and Awo disagreed on principle. On one accasion i said Awo was peoved to be wrong. on another I even said Although Akintola is the "enemy" I respect his decison to disagree with Awo on principle...these are all there in writing if you scroll back

I hope you know the meaning of the word legend

Education and ability to reason are 2 different things. A man recalling a story as he knows it is not the same as a man justifying the story. What you make of the story is up to you.

Jesus rose from the dead......was I there? but that is the story

DO you understand?

1 Like

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by 0m0nnakoda: 10:17am On Feb 27, 2020
isthatso:

1. Where have you shown or attempted to show my version is wrong

2. Where have I said All yours must believe FFk is a traitor

please provide the quotes

Education and ability to reason are 2 different things.

Spare me the sob story
I do not subscribe to that idea. I am not buying so try next door
It is not for me to show you are wrong
That is a logical fallacy

Ei incumbio probation ei qui dicit non qui negat
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 10:22am On Feb 27, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

Spare me the sob story
I do not subscribe to that idea. I am not buying so try next door

There you go. You are the one who like to talk about "facts". you made an accusation, it would have been easy to pick my posts and quote me and you resort to the muddying the waters.

Cant even back up your claims. you must be related to the fani kayodes

Nonsense!!!
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by 0m0nnakoda: 10:31am On Feb 27, 2020
isthatso:

There you go. You are the one who like to talk about "facts". you made an accusation, it would have been easy to pick my posts and quote me and you resort to the muddying the waters.

Cant even back up your claims. you must be related to the fani kayodes

Nonsense!!!
No I have no claims.
I am not emotionally invested in it like you obviously are.
There is a fundamental principle in logic

Ei incumbio probatio qui dicit non qui negat

It is incumbent on he who declares a thing to prove it not he who denies to disprove.
If you say I stole your goat and I say NO

I have no duty to prove I did not

You say he betrayed Yoruba and I ask how?

Prove it

Next you say I am related to FFK

That is exactly the mentality of Boko Haram.
Ad hominem attacks on dissenters then behead them.

How are you different?

Leave me out of it anc focus on issues

How did Fani Power betray Yorubas?
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 10:40am On Feb 27, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

No I have no claims.
I am not emotionally invested in it like you obviously are.
There is a fundamental principle in logic

Ei incumbio probatio qui dicit non qui negat

It is incumbent on he who declares a thing to prove it not he who denies to disprove.
If you say I stole your goat and I say NO

I have no duty to prove I did not

You say he betrayed Yoruba and I ask how?

Prove it

Next you say I am related to FFK

That is exactly the mentality of Boko Haram.
Ad hominem attacks on dissenters then behead them.

How are you different?

Leave me out of it anc focus on issues

How did Fani Power betray Yorubas?

Can you see how you make a fool of yourself?

I know you will duck but please I beg of you please show me the post where I said he betrayed the yorubas? I said he betrayed Awo and he betrayed Akintola and so his name became known among yorubas as a euphemism for treachery.

I am responsible for what I write but not how you interprete it. That is down to your preconceptions and bias.

next time you want to accuse me of something please provide the quote.
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by 0m0nnakoda: 11:00am On Feb 27, 2020
isthatso:

Can you see how you make a fool of yourself?

I know you will duck but please I beg of you please show me the post where I said he betrayed the yorubas? I said he betrayed Awo and he betrayed Akintola and so his name became known among yorubas as a euphemism for treachery.

I am responsible for what I write but not how you interprete it. That is down to your preconceptions and bias.

next time you want to accuse me of something please provide the quote.
Ok let us just be clear maybe I misunderstand

He did not betray Yorubas?

Thanks for the clarification

How did he betray Awo ? How ?
Maybe we have different understandings but I am yet to see how he betrayed Awo any more than Awo betrayed him

Your claim that he betrayed Akintola is founded on speculaton
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by 0m0nnakoda: 11:07am On Feb 27, 2020
There are many people when history is written who would say Rotimi Amaechi betrayed Goodluck Jonathan. I disagree.
Others would say he betrayed Niger Delta.

For me it is politics
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 11:42am On Feb 27, 2020
0m0nnakoda:
There are many people when history is written who would say Rotimi Amaechi betrayed Goodluck Jonathan. I disagree.
Others would say he betrayed Niger Delta.

For me it is politics

Who cares about your opinion In the same way as who cares about mine? Nobody cares and maybe that is something you seem to be misunderstanding giving yourself and your opinion and undeserved importance. People only want to know the genesis behind the Fani Power story. They will make their own opinions.

As for your earlier comment about betraying yorubas which you seem so hung up about, I'm sure you are old enough to remember Anini, Rambo or Oyenusi. All these names became Euphemisms for "thief". Did you have to be a victim of these people to recognize these people as thieves?

Some may argue by betraying both yoruba leaders at some point he betrayed the yoruba people but is not my argument. Whether he directly betrayed the "yoruba people" is neither here nor there . The point is he is believed to have betrayed 2 people, he is beleieved to be a un principled man of no integrity and so his name became a euphimism for treachery and betrayal. Whether it makes sense to you is your opinion and I dont care for your opinion.

jesus is acknowledged by Jews, Muslims and Christians but all 3 will give you 3 different stories. Truth is what you make of it. Bottom line is Fani Power's truth in yoruba land is that he is a traitor!! EOD!!!

That you can even mention GEJ or any of this new generation politicians as examples of defections shows you have a poor concept of principles in politics.

At some point this back and forth discussion must end.

2 Likes

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by 0m0nnakoda: 12:14pm On Feb 27, 2020
isthatso:

Who cares about your opinion In the same way as who cares about mine? Nobody cares and maybe that is something you seem to be misunderstanding giving yourself and your opinion and undeserved importance. People only want to know the genesis behind the Fani Power story. They will make their own opinions.

As for your earlier comment about betraying yorubas which you seem so hung up about, I'm sure you are old enough to remember Anini, Rambo or Oyenusi. All these names became Euphemisms for "thief". Did you have to be a victim of these people to recognize these people as thieves?

Some may argue by betraying both yoruba leaders at some point he betrayed the yoruba people but is not my argument. Whether he directly betrayed the "yoruba people" is neither here nor there . The point is he is believed to have betrayed 2 people, he is beleieved to be a un principled man of no integrity and so his name became a euphimism for treachery and betrayal. Whether it makes sense to you is your opinion and I dont care for your opinion.

jesus is acknowledged by Jews, Muslims and Christians but all 3 will give you 3 different stories. Truth is what you make of it. Bottom line is Fani Power's truth in yoruba land is that he is a traitor!! EOD!!!

That you can even mention GEJ or any of this new generation politicians as examples of defections shows you have a poor concept of principles in politics.

I recognise my opinion for what it is,an opinion in the market of dozens of opinions
That is what separates me from fanatics who believe their opinions are the word of God and they must be bulldozed through and everyone must subscribe.
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by 0m0nnakoda: 12:25pm On Feb 27, 2020
isthatso:

Principles
Whose principles? Yours?

Where are these principles coded?
The Quran The Bible , EJI OGBE or Odu Iwori Meji.

For me principles means being consistent to truth even when inconvenient
If some people accuse Awolowo of betraying they during the war then we should apply the same objectivity in addressing those accused of betraying him.
Someone on this thread,maybe you,said Fani Power decamped and went on to win election. That suggests candidate imposition.

In 1965 in Port Harcourt NCNC put forward a man from Aba, Elugwaraonu, against the wishes of the indigenes.
5hey revolted and Ikwunga Wonodi contested as an independent Ikwerre candidate and won.
Did he betray ZIK,NCNC or Igbos?
Even in churches men leave their "Daddies" to start churches and we don't hear talk of betrayal.

See the hypocrissy in your words. You say Different people have different views on Jesus but you fail to allow that on this matter rather asserting that a person has a certain status in Yoruba land and YOUR OPINION is

THE BOTTOM LINE

Who are you to pronounce that?
If we accepted such demonisation of persons who do not accept a particular account of Jesus we would have problem s

No one alive has seen Jesus and the Objecive reality is no one can prove any account of Jesus which means that to live in peace we must respect the right to different opinions
Evidently you are very intolerant of dissent
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 1:04pm On Feb 27, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

Principles
Whose principles? Yours?

Where are these principles coded?
The Quran The Bible , EJI OGBE or Odu Iwori Meji.

For me principles means being consistent to truth even when inconvenient
If some people accuse Awolowo of betraying they during the war then we should apply the same objectivity in addressing those accused of betraying him.
Someone on this thread,maybe you,said Fani Power decamped and went on to win election. That suggests candidate imposition.

In 1965 in Port Harcourt NCNC put forward a man from Aba, Elugwaraonu, against the wishes of the indigenes.
5hey revolted and Ikwunga Wonodi contested as an independent Ikwerre candidate and won.
Did he betray ZIK,NCNC or Igbos?
Even in churches men leave their "Daddies" to start churches and we don't hear talk of betrayal.

See the hypocrissy in your words. You say Different people have different views on Jesus but you fail to allow that on this matter rather asserting that a person has a certain status in Yoruba land and YOUR OPINION is

THE BOTTOM LINE

Who are you to pronounce that?
If we accepted such demonisation of persons who do not accept a particular account of Jesus we would have problem s

No one alive has seen Jesus and the Objecive reality is no one can prove any account of Jesus which means that to live in peace we must respect the right to different opinions
Evidently you are very intolerant of dissent

The one thing I have gathered from your posts is that you are individualistic Like FFK and his father and not a team player. You dont understand the concept of loyalty, people like you are the ones who end up stabbing people in the back because you feel you dont owe anybody anything so long as you feel you are right. Right is an opinion, politics by definition is not about the individual but the greater good!!! Your arguments throughout this thread are full of hypocrisy!!!

Like I said there is no mileage in continuing this any further....and i wont!!

2 Likes

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by ykalhaji(m): 7:55pm On Feb 27, 2020
0m0nnakoda:
I wonder how many of you are old enough to know the relationship between MKO ABIOLA and Awolowo or his so called progressive disciples before June 12

Na ordinary Abiola you dey talk, Awo's relationship with Obasanjo nko ?

Some People just go based on street gossip and base their whole life on nonsense, like the India 100-1 game.

Awolowo was an extremely brilliant man but he too was a politician and definitely not a saint, he too used thugs during elections he empowered thugs to rig and enforce his party will too, his close friends were also caught in dastardly criminal acts. He was accused of chronic cronyism. So no be today Nigerian politicians don dey chop on the job.

Akintola is called a betrayer today because he died early and only the victorious get to write the stories.
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by ykalhaji(m): 7:58pm On Feb 27, 2020
isthatso:

The one thing I have gathered from your posts is that you are individualistic Like FFK and his father and not a team player. You dont understand the concept of loyalty, people like you are the ones who end up stabbing people in the back because you feel you dont owe anybody anything so long as you feel you are right. Right is an opinion, politics by definition is not about the individual but the greater good!!! Your arguments throughout this thread are full of hypocrisy!!!

Like I said there is no mileage in continuing this any further....and i wont!!

Mr man, no you are the one full of shit and hypocrisy, they said your history is a lie, you say ehn it doesn't matter because it is a team player game, see all buildings built on lies will eventually crumble no matter how tall they are.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2023: I’m Not In Support Of Obi’s Presidential Ambition, Arthur Eze Announces / Labour Party Ken Pela Wins Delta State Appeal Court Case / IPOB Members In Austria Protest With Coffin At British Embassy. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.