Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,046 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode (38535 Views)

Tell Tinubu That Nigeria Is Not Lagos If You Really Care"—Kayode Ogundamisi / Summary Of Nnamdi Kanu's World Address By Kayode Ogundamisi / See What Kayode Ogundamisi Said About Sen. Bukola Sarki That Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by kjhova(m): 8:03pm On Feb 26, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

What makes anyone a traitor?
Is there a Yoruba Council on Treachery.
You dare to lecture me on Yoruba History.

Who is Yoruba and when did they meet to determine what is Yoruba interest and then what is treachery?

Afonja was not a YORUBA problem. He was an Oyo problem.

The Ijebus among others supported Ilorin against Oyo

There is nothing like universal condemnation. Awolowo was a politician not an Orisha .
Akintola was from Ogbomoso and no Ogbomoso man would call him a traitor.

He is no more of a traitor than Tinubu

You are ranting, Omo. This makes it difficult to have a more engaging discussion with you. You sound angered too and I need to be careful not to aggravate your mood.

I see that you are adamant on suggesting that there are multiple opinions on this matter and that why must the opinion that Fani Power is a traitor prevail. Hmmm. Well this opinion prevails because it is held by the majority. You may vehemently oppose it, but you cannot begrudge the fact that many of us see Fani as a traitor to the course. I see that you mention Tinubu. I must confess that this gives me an idea where you are coming from as Tinubu is totally unrelated to the subject. Tinubu has a majority following among Yorubas and some other Nigerians. You may not be cool with his political leaning but I struggle to see who you suggest him to have betrayed?!?

And yea, you asked how I dare to lecture you on Yoruba history/culture? That question alone betrays stiffneckedness (afi aake ko'ri) and pride (igberaga) which goes before a fall (iparun). I beseech you to desist from such part in this discuss as it is a major vice for an omoluabi. Remember, "agba gbon, omode gbon li a fi da ile Ife si'le". Nobody is too knowledgeable to be lectured except the ignorant. Peace, mate.

7 Likes

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by israelmao(m): 8:08pm On Feb 26, 2020
Fani Kayode is coming with his own weapon of mass destruction and arsenal I am very sure of that.
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by Salebo: 8:48pm On Feb 26, 2020
Captainrambo2:
your papa angry

Don dey Bleep your mother for like 30 years and running..
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 26, 2020
kjhova:

And yea, you asked how I dare to lecture you on Yoruba history/culture? That question alone betrays stiffneckedness (afi aake ko'ri) and pride (igberaga) which goes before a fall (iparun). I beseech you to desist from such part in this discuss as it is a major vice for an omoluabi. Remember, "agba gbon, omode gbon li a fi da ile Ife si'le". Nobody is too knowledgeable to be lectured except the ignorant. Peace, mate.

The guy is not even yoruba!!!!
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by 0m0nnakoda: 8:54pm On Feb 26, 2020
Babacele:
I was expecting you to verify or use superior arguement rather than insulting . Was Awo representing himself or the race literarily,philosophically or politically? Was Awo an ijebu leader or oduduwa leader? If the people you claim to lead say you ain't their leader ,ain't something wrong somewhere? Was there an unwritten agreement or not? was the agreement dished selfishly or not? The Yoruba race is more than ijebu,Oyo, akoko, egba or ogbomosho. That you need to know my friend.

Abiola case is different and even at that there are still villains of that story .
Was Akintola representing Fulani herdsmen?

How would Akintola have responded to that issue?
Would he have gone there and asked
"Where are the cows?"

If any future Yoruba space is to survive we must resist the tyranny of one narrative or coerced deification. We can see the results of that attitude in Borno

Akintola was no villain he was a politician who dared to differ and was demonised.

We must interrogate history and shun zealotry and fanaticism.

Yoruba should be proud of Akintola because he stood up for them and was not politically correct
He said it as it was
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by Chemcrown: 9:11pm On Feb 26, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

"Where are the cows?"

If any future Yoruba space is to survive we must resist the tyranny of one narrative or coerced deification. We can see the results of that attitude in Borno

Akintola was no villain he was a politician who dared to differ and was demonised.

Yoruba should be proud of Akintola because he stood up for them and was not politically correct
He said it as it was

please, are you from Ogbomoso
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by ThierryJay: 9:13pm On Feb 26, 2020
Kjhova, You are very sound! The logic of your submissions is excellent.

Thanks for the refreshing enlightenment about the history of the Yoruba political landscape.

Omonnakoda is just playing the devil's advocate by not wanting to follow popular opinion. But he should realize that being different from the crowd in itself does not automatically connote wisdom or correctness. His arguments for RFK and Akintola have been weak and will do little to convince anybody.

4 Likes

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by 0m0nnakoda: 9:13pm On Feb 26, 2020
Chemcrown:

please, are you from Ogbomoso
This is a faceless forum. Leave irrelevant talk
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by legba1(m): 9:19pm On Feb 26, 2020
Awol1:
Why are Yorubas like this?

You have issues with them and they start cursing your generation.

Mbok.

Did u read what transpire or just the headline....FFK asked who exactly is Ogundamisi father and in Yoruba land u don't take that for joke........if you are a true son of your father, then you fight for your sur name

1 Like

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by SURElee(f): 9:22pm On Feb 26, 2020
isthatso:
He speaks truth, the Fani Kayode family is a deeply flawed family. His father was a nuisance and a traitor, his brother was gay and died of AIDS, FFK himself is or was a drug addict and the stories of his ex wives are well documented.

When we were young his father was synonymous with treachery in the same way Rambo, Anini or Oyenusi was synonymous with armed robbery!

You will not see anybody of substance in Yoruba land, especially those with deep family pedigree associate themselves with him. Those who associate with him are those who are themselves new on the scene and not aware of his pedigree and think because he has a famous name he is someone to be reckoned with. He is an outcast.

FFK has never being a level headed fellow. Like ogundamisi said, there is an incest case against him in his family. He is an outcast. He is just coasting on his family name which is popular.

He met his match today in the person of kayode Ogundamisi who gave his more than he bargained for. FFK go go think him life wella today
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by Bbdot(m): 9:24pm On Feb 26, 2020
this guy really get ffk
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by nlPoster: 9:27pm On Feb 26, 2020
Those of you who are " in the know" should stop monopolizing knowledge and allow people to be informed why you are speaking for them.

This is not about opinions and like I said, I want to know why any mention of FFK by me generates hysteria.

You cant be talking down at people while refusing to acknowledge their valid concerns about you considering yourself their representative.

If it's a national security concern then just say so instead of prevaricating and implying those you say you speak for are not important.
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by joefelin2345: 10:03pm On Feb 26, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

So tan?
Ki ni nkan to se ti enikan o se ri? La ti ojo ti alaiye ti de aiye ni awon oniselu ti n da ara won nu

So politicians had disagreements and parted ways?

Amaechi Wike
Oshiomhole Obaseki
Ganduje Kwankwaso
Obasanjo Atiku
Akpabio Udom
Eh hen?
Kini big deal?
What was the politics of MKO Abiola? Adeniran Ogunsanga,TOS Benson,Richard Akinjide,AMA Akinloye ?
Was it not Akinjide that came up with the 12 2/3 argument in 1979?

I hope there is more on FFK"s father than his political choices.
Everyone cannot face the same direction
Abiola never aligned with Awolowo

Not choosing to align with Awolowo is a legitimate choice and right
Yes Awolowo was a cult figure like Buhari and in some strongholds you could not speak out against him but this is 2020
Did Fani Power do anything else?
God bless you teal good my brother. That's has been the problem of we Yoruba until very recently. The truth of the matter to me is Adam Smith Theory of Self Interest. Both Awo, Akintola, Remi Fanikayode, Chief Ayo Rosiji n other gladiators in the feud of 1960s were all great people. Don't let us demonize some n paint others as Saint. The concept of Omoluabi does not mean following your leaders sheepishly. There are bounds to be some misunderstanding but ability to give n take is very important in every relationship.
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by joefelin2345: 10:19pm On Feb 26, 2020
BreconHills:

Bunkum.

Was it necessary then to rope Awolowo into a phantom coup and have him incarcerated thereby robbing the AG of its leader? Was the issue about becoming President or rather who would run the region? Which of the political parties of the time held away outside of their regions? Is it not true that ffk father said "whatever figure they write or report we will win the election?" Was this not the cause of the pandemonium that broke out in the west after the results were announced leading to military action and the first, second coups that led into the civil war?

We did not read this history, some of us went through it. There is nowhere in the western region outside of his home town that the name ffk is respected.

Re the 79 election - did Awo really lose that election? What happened to the fanikayode and akintola schools - where are they today in yorubaland? Who lines up behind either of those two names?

Lets remember how this conversation begun. Ffk asks someone " who is your father?" The answer is what we are talking about.
If you are really an Omoluabi you will not abuse me. I did not abuse you in my response. I am not here to debate with you on the 1979 n 1983 elections. I was in the East during that time.You can't tell me Awo won there despite the fact that he chosed Philip Umeadi from Nsukka as his Running ate. His plain was stoned in Aba campaigning there becos he called Zik a coward. In 1983 I was in Kano where his running mate Alh. Kura came from. Those of you who believed he won the elections are entitled to your opinion. I can't see any claim to be living history in your right up my brother or sister. At any rate both Awo, Akintola, Remi Fanikayode, ChiefvAyo Rosiji, Alfred Rewani etc were men of great vision and at the same time men of every human fraility Don't let us demonize some n paint others as Saints. I rest my case here. Good night.
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by joefelin2345: 10:30pm On Feb 26, 2020
[quote author=0m0nnakoda post=86980836]
What makes anyone a traitor?
Is there a Yoruba Council on Treachery.
You dare to lecture me on Yoruba History.

Who is Yoruba and when did they meet to determine what is Yoruba interest and then what is treachery?

Afonja was not a YORUBA problem. He was an Oyo problem.

The Ijebus among others supported Ilorin against Oyo

There is nothing like universal condemnation. Awolowo was a politician not an Orisha .
Akintola was from Ogbomoso and no Ogbomoso man would call him a traitor.

He is no more of a traitor than Tinubu

God bless you real good my brother. My take here is even that all of the gladiators in the feud of 1960s were great men n women. They were men n women of great vision. Men n women of heroic success but the same men n women every human frailty. Don't let us demonize some n portrait others as pure Saints. They all contributed immensely to Nigerian Independence and whatever development that occurred during that period. Thank U.
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by 0m0nnakoda: 10:40pm On Feb 26, 2020
Ideas can be like meat thrown to a pack of dogs.
Humans too can react the same way without stopping to think and ask questions,they just howl and growl because that is what everyone is doing.
It is likely that FFK's father had other sins but those mentioned do not match the hate voiced.
Something else is going on
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by Babacele: 11:01pm On Feb 26, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

"Where are the cows?"

He said it as it was
if you agree to interrogate history ,you would agree that when a party to an agreement renege without any reason to a common good but for selfish reasons, it is called betrayal? Ooooh you can call it political ' smartness' but it was a fcking betrayal that scattered the whole love in the AG family. Akintola's clique brought ethnic card against Enahoro and poisoned the land because of their ambitions. Awo saw it coming and was sad to given in to these betrayers less they labelled him as being ' undemocratic'. History proved Awo right: the connivance with FG, rigging of elections that ffk father even boasted publicly about,and the subsequent jailing of Awo, Enahoro and co indelibly stamped the betrayer logo on the renegades foreheads. You can't rewrite that history.
Yoruba's love Akintola no doubt and even named a few things including the siam weed after him while Edo/Delta refused to honor him but almighty Awo with that gesture hence while Siam weed is called Akintola in the west, in Edo/Delta it is called Awolowo. Truth is Awo was the epitome of the oduduwa race and he proved it by his life and was just more than some opportunists whose thinking and essence was too small to appreciate the larger picture of emancipation which Awo represented.

3 Likes

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by 0m0nnakoda: 11:08pm On Feb 26, 2020
Babacele:
if you agree to interrogate history ,you would agree that when a party to an agreement renege without any reason to a common good but for selfish reasons, it is called betrayal? Ooooh you can call it political ' smartness' but it was a fcking betrayal that scattered the whole love in the AG family. Akintola's clique brought ethnic card against Enahoro and poisoned the land because of their ambitions. Awo saw it coming and was sad to given in to these betrayers less they labelled him as being ' undemocratic'. History proved Awo right: the connivance with FG, rigging of elections that ffk father even boasted publicly about,and the subsequent jailing of Awo, Enahoro and co indelibly stamped the betrayer logo on the renegades foreheads. You can't rewrite that history.
Yoruba's love Akintola no doubt and even named a few things including the siam weed after him while Edo/Delta refused to honor him but almighty Awo with that gesture hence while Siam weed is called Akintola in the west, in Edo/Delta it is called Awolowo. Truth is Awo was the epitome of the oduduwa race and he proved it by his life and was just more than some opportunists whose thinking and essence was too small to appreciate the larger picture of emancipation which Awo represented.
You are talking about things which happened probably before you were born in such an opinionated and domineering tone.

To me you are talking gibberish.
Did you witness them sign any contract or agreement?
Did they send a copy to anyone you know.

Renege?.
On what?

Selfish reasons you say?
Do you realize how ridiculous you sound?

Who is the judge of selfishness in political matters?

You have your views but they are just that views. Stop trying to force feed me.
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by NinjaMetahuman: 11:10pm On Feb 26, 2020
kjhova:

You are ranting, Omo. This makes it difficult to have a more engaging discussion with you. You sound angered too and I need to be careful not to aggravate your mood.

I see that you are adamant on suggesting that there are multiple opinions on this matter and that why must the opinion that Fani Power is a traitor prevail. Hmmm. Well this opinion prevails because it is held by the majority. You may vehemently oppose it, but you cannot begrudge the fact that many of us see Fani as a traitor to the course. I see that you mention Tinubu. I must confess that this gives me an idea where you are coming from as Tinubu is totally unrelated to the subject. Tinubu has a majority following among Yorubas and some other Nigerians. You may not be cool with his political leaning but I struggle to see who you suggest him to have betrayed?!?

you seriously think that arrogant flat head is yoruba?

It takes 2 words to identify a flat head. And trying to lecture them is tantamount to pouring water in ajadi apere. They never gon get it.

1 Like

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by ddippset(m): 11:21pm On Feb 26, 2020
FFK finally jam person wey get mouth pass am.
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by Babacele: 11:34pm On Feb 26, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

You are talking about things which happened probably before you were born in such an opinionated and domineering tone.

To me you are talking gibberish.
Did you witness them sign any contract or agreement?
Did they send a copy to anyone you know.

Renege?.
On what?

Selfish reasons you say?
Do you realize how ridiculous you sound?

Who is the judge of selfishness in political matters?

You have your views but they are just that views. Stop trying to force feed me.
in one force we need to ' interrogate'' and in the same breath you are no longer comfortable with history being truly interrogated. These are well documented history which you can't rewrite. Why did the people ffk father and Akintola was supposed to be leading called them betrayers in their lifetimes?
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by joefelin2345: 11:53pm On Feb 26, 2020
kjhova:

Like they always say, Joe, there are always two sides to a story. Also, history is nothing but "his-story", he being the winner. Remember that talk about the story of the hunt and how different it would be had the lion had his own historian...credit to Chinua Achebe of blessed memory.

In my original comment, I only stayed on course with popularly accepted viewpoint. You know there are a handful people on Earth who insist that the Nazis never gassed the Jews. Despite them, the overriding majority of humans accept all available evidence as proof beyond reproach that Hitler did annihilate over 6million Jews during the Holocaust.

This is how the world works. Irrespective of whatever case can be made for chief Akintola, it remains historically shown that he broke ranks with the AG and actively participated in the lead up to jailing chief Awolowo. Both of them also acquiesced to Sir Ahmadu Bello's plan to split the Benin/Edo/delta peoples from the West while keeping the East and North intact! Right or wrong, his actions along with oloye Remi Fani-Kayode precipitated the collapse of the emerging Yoruba experiment in nation building. I mean all of the past successes which Yorubas take pride in today were all during Awo's reign and pre Akintola/Fani Power's hijack. (for clarity, I'm referring to free education, cocoa house, the Ife/Lagos/Ibadan universities, TV/radio media, industrial estates, investment funds, banks etc).

Above reasons are why majority Yorubas hold Fani Power and Akintola as traitors and I don't think this crimsonian shade can be easily rubbed of both characters. I, for one, consider Fani Power as a vile and criminal character cobsidering everything I have ever read about him including what Lee Kuan Yew had to say about him in page 356 (or so) of his very popular book, From 3rd World to 1st!
Thank you very much my brother kjhova for the above submission. Before God n man I still hold Baba Awo in high esteem. While I am not here to argue as to when some of the above mentioned achievements were established becos everything has always been attributed to one person e.g. Obafemi Awolowo University was established in 1962 n who was in power then? Chief Obafemi Awolowo resigned in 1959 n Akintola took over. My take is in Karl Max injunction that ' while we can not underplay the role of individual in history, we have to admit that people make history under circumstances that are not entire own making- The Communist Manifesto. Credit should be given to others particioants as well. In today's Mgt. palance, success should be shared and not apportioned to an individual. SLA was in power from 1960 to Jan 1966, did he abolish Free Education n other social welfare that Baba Awo started? See what is happening today even in some States that ate being governed by the same Party since 1999.

1 Like

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by joefelin2345: 12:01am On Feb 27, 2020
I want to sincerely thank those who made this discussion very interesting. Most especially Messrs Kjhova, omOnnakoda,niPosyet, BteconHills, Babacele n isthatso. I respect your opinions and scholarship. Let all learn from the past mistakes of these eminent people and make our generation great. I also implore both Messrs Ogundamisi n FFK to shield their swords for peace n progress of our dear fatherland. God bless you all IJMN.

1 Like

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by 0m0nnakoda: 12:35am On Feb 27, 2020
Babacele:
in one force we need to ' interrogate'' and in the same breath you are no longer comfortable with history being truly interrogated. These are well documented history which you can't rewrite. Why did the people ffk father and Akintola was supposed to be leading called them betrayers in their lifetimes?
You are making claims. They are not admitted.
You have to substantiate your claims
Documented? Where?
Called traitors? Not admitted.
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by Babacele: 5:06am On Feb 27, 2020
0m0nnakoda:
You are making claims. They are not admitted.
You have to substantiate your claims
Documented? Where?
Called traitors? Not admitted.
Of course they won't be admissible since the historical truths so badly hurt your stand and interests....you can't change the history that ffk father and co were traitors. You can feign ignorance all you want for it is a waste of time bringing any evidence to engage your closed voice of reason. You who could paint Tinubu -who has never left his party except his then party AD leaving him playing the ethnic card by aligning with OBJ in 2003 which led to the death of AD eventually- in the hue of a traitor, can't be reasoned with at all.

1 Like

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by ThatFairGuy: 5:28am On Feb 27, 2020
This has been long over due. I'm been expecting someone to talk sense into that fool's (FFK) head. His father happens to be enemy of The Yorubas and he has the effrontery to be Porous mouthed fool instead of him to lay low. I've expected this day for long
Omo oko ni ogun omoale, omo oko l'Ogundamisi
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by ejanla077: 6:47am On Feb 27, 2020
Tomide007:

The problem is that you guys give respect to those of no relevance in Yoruba land, and you become surprised when Yorubas begin to drag such a person, it's the same way some of you are awed when we say that Obasanjo does not even have the influence to win a house of assembly seat in his village. You don't expect us to respect someone who's father disrespected the Yorubas.

How does this trash you spewed up here relate with what i said that the yorubass hate each other, the only thing that unite them is Igbo hate
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by fauda49(m): 7:12am On Feb 27, 2020
AerialMapper:
I will make this brief

I see statements alluding that they took money meany for arms leaving the soldiers fighting a war with no arms or equipment. This is fine by me

However, in the last 5 years, they have spent at least $1 bn on the war against BH and the soldiers are still dying, they are still poorly armed and the army thieves are balling. In fact, soldiers are buried secretly without the knowledge of their family and BH are still as active as they were.

WHAT HAS CHANGED ?

Nothing has changed as analysed by you. These ones that have been caught must be dealt with severely. The main actors now too will meet their Waterloo when a new government comes in. We wont spare this ones . They must be jailed. One day, we will get it right as a nation .
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by fauda49(m): 7:18am On Feb 27, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

Anyone can concoct their vexations into an idea and then project that as "Yoruba " worldview.
Is there a directory or Who's Who? of Yoruba Persons of Repute? Who are the editors?

Who is the judge of who is reputable or not?

Ode ni e.
Obasanjo is well regarded in yoruba land? Oh no wonder he has been winning all election in yorubaland fairly? You can only deceive the igbos , you cant deceive us.

2 Likes

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by Chemcrown: 7:24am On Feb 27, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

This is a faceless forum. Leave irrelevant talk

please, I want to make this relevant as you have posited that no Ogbomoso indigene will stand in the league of those calling Akintola a traitor.
What evidence do you have to back it that no Ajilete (Ogbomoso) will call Akintola a traitor?

1 Like

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 8:21am On Feb 27, 2020
0m0nnakoda:
Ideas can be like meat thrown to a pack of dogs.
Humans too can react the same way without stopping to think and ask questions,they just howl and growl because that is what everyone is doing.
It is likely that FFK's father had other sins but those mentioned do not match the hate voiced.
Something else is going on

Fani power was an AG member, he was even leader of the youth wing of the AG. When it was time for elections in 1959, he dumped AG when he didn’t get the ticket and crossed over to NCNC, where he contested and won and became opposition leader in the western region. Akintola was still n AG and became premier. In 1962/63 when Awo and Akintola had political strategic differences as explained earlier, a vote of no confidence was passed in Akintola by the western region parliament and Akintola moved to NCNC remained premier and Fani Power his deputy. The point here is that Fani Power had already sold out for personal gain long before Akintola. Whatever differences Awo and Akintola had were political, Fani Kayode was selfish. That was Fani Kayode 1st acquired the reputation as a traitor.

When the military coup occurred, the soldiers first went to Fani Power’s house put him in their van and drove him to Akintola’s house. The story is Fani Power pointed Akintola to the soldiers and Akintola was shot. Fani Power was driven to Lagos, where according to legend he was “rescued” by Gowon at Ikeja cantonment. Yorubas found the story a little too convenient and believe he was spared because he cooperated with the soldiers in the assasination of his boss Akintola.

That is the origin of the legend of Fani Power as the ultimate in treachery in Yoruba land. Having betrayed Awo for personal gain he went on to betray Akintola to save his own life. Contrast that with Adekunle Fajuyi, who in the counter-coup, soldiers led by Danjuma, said we are not here for you but for Ironsi who was his guest at govt house, said I would rather die than you kill my visitor in my house and so he was killed.

1 Like

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by AerialMapper: 8:25am On Feb 27, 2020
fauda49:

Nothing has changed as analysed by you. These ones that have been caught must be dealt with severely. The main actors now too will meet their Waterloo when a new government comes in. We wont spare this ones . They must be jailed. One day, we will get it right as a nation .

So people only get punished for their crimes at least 8 years later assuming the new government is another party? This does not work and this is why corruption thrives and this is also why winning elections is a do-or-die affair!
Punishment must be immediate; the guilty party is stripped of whatever immunity his/her position affords them, and they are tried and punished if found guilty! This will serve as a deterrent .

We will never get it right as a nation.... unfortunately

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

GEJ's Aide Reno Omokri & Osinbajo At Twitter War Over Kano Rally Crowd- Pics / 2023: I’m Not In Support Of Obi’s Presidential Ambition, Arthur Eze Announces / President Buhari's Letter To National Assembly On Resumption Of Office(Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.