Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,988 members, 7,835,314 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode (38539 Views)

Tell Tinubu That Nigeria Is Not Lagos If You Really Care"—Kayode Ogundamisi / Summary Of Nnamdi Kanu's World Address By Kayode Ogundamisi / See What Kayode Ogundamisi Said About Sen. Bukola Sarki That Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 2:19pm On Feb 26, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

Is this the same omoluabi way of speaking that brings my father into it?

Were you not the one asking me to justify my culture? Is culture not something handed down by generations? In the same way you were told your father is your father, same way our cultures and stories are handed down. Next time take a hint and stop being pedantic and arrogant questioning of peoples culture or people might resort to things like that to drive the point home.

7 Likes

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by 0m0nnakoda: 2:27pm On Feb 26, 2020
isthatso:

Were you not the one asking me to justify my culture? Is culture not something handed down by generations? In the same way you were told your father is your father, same way our cultures and stories are handed down. Next time take a hint and stop being pedantic and arrogant questioning of peoples culture or people might resort to things like that to drive the point home.
You are a good ambassador

1 Like

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 2:30pm On Feb 26, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

You are a good ambassador

Still go and do that DNA sha, you know they say 1/3 of Nigerian children are not from their father. because if your father was/is a good man, you will not be here questioning other people's culture, it could be that you are not his son.

Also since you are asking for facts, so you can have your own facts!!!

4 Likes

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by Difrent: 2:35pm On Feb 26, 2020
9jaDoomCountry:

Shekau is not a thief but a cold blooded murderer. In his judgement it's better to be a murderer than being a thief and you too.

The north midwifed boko haram. Defend them, shield them, feed them and sponsor them. Jonathan sent general Ihejirika who started cutting them to size. The north started complaining. Till date no northerner has been found culpable because insurgency is their oil well.

Oh! I forgot you prefer to be a cold blooded murderer.

Stale story you've been telling for decades to cover up Jonathan's incompetence and to crown it all they stole and shared billions of naira that was to be used to purchase arms and equipments for the military to fight Boko Haram.
Have some shame
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by NEIGHBOUR(m): 2:36pm On Feb 26, 2020
FFK has recently been at the receiving end o!! See how the actions of his daddy has permanently dented his image. Prof Akintola of Muric started the beating some weeks back telling us the story of FFK's father now Ogundamisi has given FFK TKO. FFK you truly deserve what you got. Pls go and take your drugs and rest. Reno is on standby.
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by chubinwa(m): 2:57pm On Feb 26, 2020
He got served. ffk can run mouth like overflowing tap water. abusing the freedom of speech. expose him the more so that he can learn his lesson. you
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by Stillthebest: 3:01pm On Feb 26, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

So tan?
Ki ni nkan to se ti enikan o se ri? La ti ojo ti alaiye ti de aiye ni awon oniselu ti n da ara won nu

So politicians had disagreements and parted ways?

Amaechi Wike
Oshiomhole Obaseki
Ganduje Kwankwaso
Obasanjo Atiku
Akpabio Udom
Eh hen?
Kini big deal?
What was the politics of MKO Abiola? Adeniran Ogunsanga,TOS Benson,Richard Akinjide,AMA Akinloye ?
Was it not Akinjide that came up with the 12 2/3 argument in 1979?

I hope there is more on FFK"s father than his political choices.
Everyone cannot face the same direction
Abiola never aligned with Awolowo

Not choosing to align with Awolowo is a legitimate choice and right
Yes Awolowo was a cult figure like Buhari and in some strongholds you could not speak out against him but this is 2020
Did Fani Power do anything else?

If you read my first comment I mentioned Awolowo to be selfish. Not that care about any of them or any politician New or old. We are only refreshing history thats all.
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by ykalhaji(m): 3:03pm On Feb 26, 2020
So because someone did not want to follow Awolowo he is a traitor... People got easily manipulated then and millions are still being manipulated now(Case in point APC, Tinubu and Buhari on the Yoruba and Muslim population blindly playing follow the leader today), majority of the educated and illustrious Yorubas who were Awolowo's age-mate were not with him, Awo wasn't respected in the Lagos colony, his power was mostly in the southwest region where he was Premier and Awolowo was Ijebu so other educated elites from other towns couldn't trust an Ijebu man, a lot of the elite saw through his political propaganda and before Gowon released him, Yoruba Nationalists were very skeptical of his nationalism (not saying he was wrong, you gotta do what you gotta do to gain political power).

So people should understand history and politics before they stupidly parrot past political propaganda talk and create another one. We are much more smarter today.

2 Likes

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by 0m0nnakoda: 3:04pm On Feb 26, 2020
Stillthebest:

If you read my first comment I mentioned Awolowo to be selfish. Not that care about any of them or any politician New or old. We are only refreshing history thats all.
I thought your comment about Awolowo was bizarre that was why I ignored it I am sure it makes plenty of sense to you
What Gov seat did Awolowo leave?

So that you blast Awolowo makes it OK to blast the other guy? Is it quota system?
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by Thetruthshallse(m): 3:39pm On Feb 26, 2020
Big respect to omonnakoda, isthatso and stillthebest you guys rocks. You kept your argument civil, thereby you enlighten us. RESPECT BOSSES!!!
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by NGpatriot: 3:46pm On Feb 26, 2020
Even though I read and enjoyed the slapping and canning, FFK is a worthless nuisance that the whole of the SW rightfully neglects and doesn't bother to respond to. Why bother yourself or pay attention to that crack cocaine head and communal nuisance?

Can't wait to see him sent to prison for good.

1 Like

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by ForbesHomesNG(m): 3:52pm On Feb 26, 2020
Badonasty:
The whole world knows
Know what exactly? Please enlighten us.
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by Stillthebest: 3:55pm On Feb 26, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

I thought your comment about Awolowo was bizarre that was why I ignored it I am sure it makes plenty of sense to you
What Gov seat did Awolowo leave?

So that you blast Awolowo makes it OK to blast the other guy? Is it quota system?

Blast? Be civil with words Pls. Saying someone was selfish at a point wasn't a blast! The reason being that, he left a western premier seat to contest the presidency, which i would say "thinking if he lost he would come back to his previous position", - but some said there was an agreement between Akintola and Baba Awo to that effect which Chief Ladoke breached and upon losing, at the Fed level.

He came back to continue his regional leadership, but Ladoke whom he had left to saddle the western regional leadership as his deputy had refused to exit the seat(main cause of their brawls)

Isnt that selfishness? I don't abuse leaders I only say things I know about them in a civil way that I can.

NB* Awo wasn't a Gov but a western premier.
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by BreconHills(m): 4:03pm On Feb 26, 2020
bhella10:
I would have thought his kinsmen from land of the rising sun would stick their neck out for him as usual. They're just going to let him run over ni?

They never had any true connection to him.

For instance he doesnt work, he doesnt run a business. So how can they relate this to their work ethic focus etc?Igbos love maverick and people who appear to show courage but they also believe in hard work and accomplishment. Ffk has none of that. He didn't have it in school, he doesnt have it now. It was simply a marriage of convenience built around hating one man.
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 4:13pm On Feb 26, 2020
Stillthebest:

Blast? Be civil with words Pls. Saying someone was selfish at a point wasn't a blast! The reason being that, he left a western premier seat to contest the presidency, which i would say "thinking if he lost he would come back to his previous position", - but some said there was an agreement between Akintola and Baba Awo to that effect which Chief Ladoke breached and upon losing, at the Fed level.

He came back to continue his regional leadership, but Ladoke whom he had left to saddle the western regional leadership as his deputy had refused to exit the seat(main cause of their brawls)

Isnt that selfishness? I don't abuse leaders I only say things I know about them in a civil way that I can.

The problem between Akintola and Awo is deeper than that but actually quite simple. The real problem was Awo wanted and alliance with the east and Akintola and his group wanted an alliance with the North. Awo did not trust the North and Akintola and his group did not trust the east. Zik would have been the 1st premier of the western region and many attribute this to Awo backstabbing Zik but there was already mistrust of Zik's agenda based on comments he had made in the late 1940s where he spoke about the god of the Ibos giving them power over Nigeria and Africa, Earlier around the same period respected Ibo judge at the time (his name eludes me) had also spoken about the Ibos conquering Africa . Contrary to what we are fed, Zik and the judge started the tribalism. that was what cost him premiership of the western region not Awo!! That is also where the mistrust of the Akintola group in the SW and the North for the Ibos started, I'm sure you have seen the Sardauna video on Ibos on youtube.

Awo proved to be wrong on that count but that is where the division in the SW between the Awo camp and the Akintola, Akinjide, Akinloye etc camp that eventually metarmorphosed into NPN started. It was a question of alliance, with the Ibos or with the North. If you examine the politics of SW Nigeria you will find that the Akintola group were always the ones in alliance with the North and the so called Awo group became isolated until Tinubu came along and lines were blurred. Truth is there are some hard core Awoists, AKA Afenifere, that refused to go along with Tinubu into ACN, people like Adebanjo. These people have always had an inherent distrust for the North. Even Awo when in the 70s talked about an alliance with the north, talked about "progressive elements in the North".

Those statements by Zik dating back to 1947 or thereabouts is why i often say in my posts that Ibo will never be president of Nigeria, this thing did not start today. People do not know their history.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by izibili44: 4:17pm On Feb 26, 2020
Sorry the idigbo here is it true ffk was sleeping with the most power man of igbo land wife of Odumegwu-Ojukwu?just a question that need ans.
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by Jibsy203(m): 4:23pm On Feb 26, 2020
Dis fool Ogundamasi or whatsoever de idiot calls himself just have luck that he blocked me on Twitter, else he would see hell in twitter app..ogunndamsi is an old ugly animal
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by 0m0nnakoda: 4:25pm On Feb 26, 2020
isthatso:

The problem between Akintola and Awo is deeper than that but actually quite simple. The real problem was Awo wanted and alliance with the east and Akintola and his group wanted an alliance with the North. Awo did not trust the North and Akintola and his group did not trust the east. Zik would have been the 1st premier of the western region and many attribute this to Awo backstabbing Zik but there was already mistrust of Zik's agenda based on comments he had made in the late 1940s where he spoke about the god of the Ibos giving them power over Nigeria and Africa, Earlier around the same period respected Ibo judge at the time (his name eludes me) had also spoken about the Ibos conquering Africa . That is where the mistrust of the Akintola group in the SW and the North for the Ibos started, I'm sure you have seen the Sardauna video on Ibos on youtube.

Awo proved to be wrong on that count but that is where the division in the SW between the Awo camp and the Akintola, Akinjide, Akinloye camp that eventually metarmorphosed into NPN started. It was a question of alliance, with the Ibos or with the North. If you examine the politics of SW Nigeria you will find that the Akintola group were always the one in alliance with the North and the so called Awo group became isolated until Tinubu came along and lines were blurred. Truth is there are some hard core Awoists, AKA Afenifere, that refused to go along with Tinubu into ACN, people like Adebanjo. These people have always had an inherent distrust for the North.

Those statements by Zik dating back to 1947 or thereabouts is why i often say in my posts that Ibo will never be president of Nigeria, this thing did not start today. People do not know their history.
There are many sides to many stories this is YOUR side and it is quite impressive and interesting
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by 0m0nnakoda: 4:27pm On Feb 26, 2020
Stillthebest:

civil?

Guy I am not here to teach English

I see nothing uncivil about my words ?

Are you ok?
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by Stillthebest: 4:36pm On Feb 26, 2020
0m0nnakoda:
civil?

Guy I am not here to teach English

I see nothing uncivil about my words ?

Are you ok?

Are you ok??!!

3 Likes

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 4:40pm On Feb 26, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

There are many sides to many stories this is YOUR side and it is quite impressive and interesting

That was a 1st hand account direct from a man who was a key player in the activities at the time as I remember it. He said Awo was a brilliant man politically naive and that you need to win elections to implement your ideas and Awo did not know how to win elections outside Yoruba land.
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by Tmb78(m): 4:41pm On Feb 26, 2020
izibili44:
Sorry the idigbo here is it true ffk was sleeping with the most power man of igbo land wife of Odumegwu-Ojukwu?just a question that need ans.
Even if it's true,the Easterners have said he is forgiven
After all, another daughter of theirs is his mistress now.
All his past bigotry towards them have been swept under the carpet.
Isn't that wonderful? grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by nlPoster: 4:41pm On Feb 26, 2020
When people are ready they'll let us know what the real story is.

Or maybe not.
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by 0m0nnakoda: 4:42pm On Feb 26, 2020
isthatso:

That was a 1st hand account direct from a man who was a key player in the activities at the time as I remember it. He said Awo was a brilliant man politically naive and that you need to win elections to implement your ideas and Awo did not know how to win elections outside Yoruba land.
There are many many more alternative first hand accounts
Fact!

We are discussing Yoruba land here
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 4:43pm On Feb 26, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

There are many many more alternative first hand accounts
Fact!

it is on record that Zik made those comments...that is not in doubt.

1 Like

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by joefelin2345: 4:47pm On Feb 26, 2020
BreconHills:

Hubris strikes again.

FFK father betrayed Awolowo and the Western region pre the 1966 crisis. He and Akintola prevented Awolowo from forming the national government and by implication handed over the country to the north. In fact, the first coup might never have happened but for this event. It now sounds incredible to hear him representing the interests of the same region his father betrayed. But when you look closely you see that nothing has changed. I wrote some time ago that ffk had a golden opportunity to rewrite history but weak character caused him to throw it away.

I know there are many on NL who judge people by what they feel they personally lack and desire. Good luck to you if you are in this character. In my opinion, even if your father was a lowly carpenter or mechanic and he worked honestly to bring bread to his family's table - he is a hero worthy of emulation and respect. Stop worshipping disreputable social media characters and by implication tossing your parents honest efforts into the dustbin.

Modified for clarity.
. Pls stop falsifying or re-writing history. Awolowo was not keen in forming Govt of National Unity which Tafawa Balewa proposed after the Federal election of 1959. He was dealing darling n in the process Nnamdi Azikwe disappointed him by accepting same. Besides, Awo viewed an average Northerner as pack of beggars. So in a way it is either that he betrayed himself of people that surrounded him did not tell him the truth. Akintola told him in a plain language that the political arithmetic was against him as the votes of AG alone could not make him the President. Let's even contend without accepting that Akintola betrayed him in 1959, who then betrayed him in 1979? Thirteen years after Akintola had been killed. Did same Zik's NPP not teemed up with NPN to form the Govt of National Unity. Same in 1983. Sometimes, people will just pile up their mistakes n call it destiny. Let's call a spade a spade n not farm implement , Awo may be a Sage but seemed not to fully understand political arithmetic n strategy- period.

2 Likes

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by 0m0nnakoda: 4:49pm On Feb 26, 2020
isthatso:

it is on record that Zik made those comments...that is not in doubt.
So what?
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by 0m0nnakoda: 4:54pm On Feb 26, 2020
BreconHills:

Hubris strikes again.

FFK father betrayed Awolowo and the Western region pre the 1966 crisis. He and Akintola prevented Awolowo from forming the national government and by implication handed over the country to the north. In fact, the first coup might never have happened but for this event. It now sounds incredible to hear him representing the interests of the same region his father betrayed. But when you look closely you see that nothing has changed. I wrote some time ago that ffk had a golden opportunity to rewrite history but weak character caused him to throw it away.

I know there are many on NL who judge people by what they feel they personally lack and desire. Good luck to you if you are in this character. In my opinion, even if your father was a lowly carpenter or mechanic and he worked honestly to bring bread to his family's table - he is a hero worthy of emulation and respect. Stop worshipping disreputable social media characters and by implication tossing your parents honest efforts into the dustbin.

Modified for clarity.

How did he betray the western region people.
Awolowo was a politician as he was

So what is betrayal?
Was Awolowo more Yoruba than he?

Did Abiola, Akinjide, Ogunsanya,Akinloye also betray Awolowo and the Western region?

MKO Abiola was never a political friend of Awolowo
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 4:55pm On Feb 26, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

So what?

it establishes evidential basis for mistrust of the Ibo agenda and why some did/still do not trust the ibos with power.

2 Likes

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by 0m0nnakoda: 4:56pm On Feb 26, 2020
isthatso:

it establishes evidential basis for mistrust of the Ibo agenda and why some did/still do not trust the ibos with power.
l
How is that related to this subject?
Who is talking about Ibos?
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode by bhella10: 4:56pm On Feb 26, 2020
BreconHills:

They never had any true connection to him.

For instance he doesnt work, he doesnt run a business. So how can they relate this to their work ethic focus etc?Igbos love maverick and people who appear to show courage but they also believe in hard work and accomplishment. Ffk has none of that. He didn't have it in school, he doesnt have it now. It was simply a marriage of convenience built around hating one man.

Well I guess FFK is on his own from this point forward. If I were him I would stay out of spotlight completely. But I doubt that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fulanis In Oyo Can't Trace Their Roots To The North Again - Miyetti Allah / Peter Obi Supporters Mount Billboard To Felicitate With Ọọni On Ọọlọjọ Festival / Governor Tambuwal Celebrates Victory With Family And Friends At Government House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.