Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,442 members, 7,846,815 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 01:36 AM

US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War (32511 Views)

Justin Trudeau, Wife Sophie Separate After 18 Years Of Marriage / Americans Blast Zelensky For Rejecting Elon Musk's Peace Deal With Russia (Pics) / Israel Signs Peace Treaties With Arab States At Whitehouse Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by bastardmod: 8:10pm On Mar 01, 2020
DabuIIIT:

Mufutaus,this thread is all about the US troops,Donald Trump, Afghanistan, sighing of peace accords in Doha and the person you "zombiegly" tagged Igbo has called you out to say he's Edo. So tell the whole world,what has ipob gotta do with your constipation?
What has ipob gotta do with your frustrations?

Lzaa immhotep bastardmod see opeeyin this early morning o lolsssssss!!!!
grin grin grin grin

Don't mind useless hopeless God forsaken cone headed mufutaus and cursed mumurideens.

Spits on hopeless conehead moozlimudeens. angry

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by LZAA: 9:08pm On Mar 01, 2020
bastardmod:

Don't mind useless hopeless God forsaken cone headed mufutaus and cursed mumurideens.

Spits on hopeless conehead moozlimudeens. angry
Musachukwudi especially
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by bastardmod: 9:10pm On Mar 01, 2020
LZAA:

Musachukwudi especially

grin grin grin

He is a lost case

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by LZAA: 9:17pm On Mar 01, 2020
bastardmod:

grin grin grin

He is a lost case
grin

1 Like

Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by DexterousOne(m): 9:58pm On Mar 01, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:

The problem is the Afghan war has been one long drain on US resources.

The US should not have gone into Afghanistan. Just maintain sanctions on the Taliban, while using the CIA to keep tabs on Usama, and then strike when he does not expect it...better.

Besides, the main causus belli...Osama, is dead. Trump was not a fan of US intervention in Afghanistan even as far back as 2002..

George Bush na fool.

He and dem dick Cheney and the military industrial complex

God go punish una.
Money wasted, lives lost and yet stalemate
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Empiree: 11:34pm On Mar 01, 2020
Thanks but no thanks Mr. Anaylist. Your silly analysis was applied time and again but failed. It was unjust war orchestrated by Judeo-Christian terrorists, period.
Gnaeusmagnus:

The problem is the Afghan war has been one long drain on US resources.

The US should not have gone into Afghanistan. Just maintain sanctions on the Taliban, while using the CIA to keep tabs on Usama, and then strike when he does not expect it...better.

Besides, the main causus belli...Osama, is dead. Trump was not a fan of US intervention in Afghanistan even as far back as 2002..
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by shegzhkn: 4:23am On Mar 02, 2020
Zoharariel:

Including withdrawing like a dog with her tail tucked between her legs. grin

What happened to the Mother of All Bomb bullshiit? It didn't work? grin

Where are all the assholes on Nairaland shouting Amerika is the greatest? Her Defense Budget is times 100? Trump will kill all the Terrorists? grin

Foolish secondary school children. grin

Expensive budgets & chest-beating do not win wars, strategy does.

Next withrawal disgrace for Amerika is Iraq & Syria. grin

SMH, you never geh sense - calling folks who didn't align with you on certain polarizing issues unprintable name, ain't that petty?

Now back to the topic, US invaded Afghanistan and topple the taliban government in 2003 because of event of 9/11, 43 asked them to turn osama bin laden in but they refused.

But in 2011, UBL was killed in Pakistan (you can argue the veracity of that with your landlord).

The war is expensive, over a trillion dollar spent fighting needless war, alot of Afghans has become miserable, US lost 2400 war fighters and millions of Afghans suffered mental illness because of the war, so it not shameful ok.

Think about folks that will now heave a sigh of relieve because of this deal, not everything is about hate, be reasonable and be logical.

Remember when Mr trump barbecued Hezbollah chief, Souleimani - ever heard of him ? grin, young adults in iraq were not pleased with the decision because they saw a war when they were growing up and are now afraid of another.

And don't you think Mr Trump made this deal happen because of super Tuesday, so close right grin
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Nobody: 6:39am On Mar 02, 2020
gaetano:

Never equate talibans to bokoharam, you can equate Boko Haram to isis.

The Talibans have been the ones in charge of govt ever since before the USA toppled their govt trying to force democracy down their throats and install a puppet. It was all about the oil game. The talibans are a legitimate people fighting for a just cause.

Once again bokoharam = isis, while Talibans = ND militants
Thanks for schooling them.

1 Like

Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 7:57am On Mar 02, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Nigeria considers IPOB a terrorist organization. But are US, UK and France say they are not. IRA were fighting for Irish independence from UK. They employed terror tactics truly, but they were a political outfit just like IPOB. They were not trying to force any religious or political ideology on anyone. Just wanted independence for their fatherland. There is self-determination recognized by the UN
Shekau and his apologists want everyone in Nigeria to convert to islam and for the country to be governed by Sharia. Can you spot the difference?
You admitted they used terro tactics and yet you don't want to believe they are terrorist. Guy you are deliberately trying to be ignorant. It is pointless trying to reason with you.
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 8:10am On Mar 02, 2020
jcmaiah:

Thanks for schooling them.
And if i call you stu-pid you will be offended. Tell me how is Taliban not the same with book haram? So just because Taliban were successful overthrowing the government of Afghanistan,that mean they are not terrorist? Did you ever take time to ask yourself how did get the power,how many town and villages did they burn? And not all part of Afghanistan was under Taliban rule.Taliban is just another boko haram,that was successful in controlling a part of a country and were totally brutal towards women and non-muslims.To try to paint them different is just being stu-pid.
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:07am On Mar 02, 2020
Ibrahimmrfish:

You admitted they used terro tactics and yet you don't want to believe they are terrorist. Guy you are deliberately trying to be ignorant. It is pointless trying to reason with you.

Goodbye. Enjoy your negotiations with Boko haram. It no concern me. Just keep them in ur area. Sebi na because of free oil money una dey negotiate with them. No worry. Restructuring will come
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 10:59am On Mar 02, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Goodbye. Enjoy your negotiations with Boko haram. It no concern me. Just keep them in ur area. Sebi na because of free oil money una dey negotiate with them. No worry. Restructuring will come
Why is it that every have to be about oil for you people? As for restructuring i have no problem what so ever with it.But know this it can only happen with the approval with the same northern people folks like you hate so much,so ask nicely or forever keep on dreaming.P.S millions of northerns did not benefit from Nigeria oil wealth, so restructure or not make no different to them.
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:01pm On Mar 02, 2020
Ibrahimmrfish:

Why is it that every have to be about oil for you people? As for restructuring i have no problem what so ever with it.But know this it can only happen with the approval with the same northern people folks like you hate so much,so ask nicely or forever keep on dreaming.P.S millions of northerns did not benefit from Nigeria oil wealth, so restructure or not make no different to them.

Everything is about oil for who? If not for oil money, who will be thinking of amnesty and foreign education for Boko haram? It is easy to spend lavishly whatever you did not work for and that is what is happening here? If you don't really care about oil, can you kindly tell us why Buhari has made himself Minister of Petroleum while his chief of staff, the de facto president is on the board of NNPC and the GMD of NNPC has been from Borno? Why has this govt been searching for 1 liter of oil all over the north since they came in, spending unaccounted resources on a useless and fruitless search.

You say we should "ask nicely" or beg to get restructuring? Why so? Why are you afraid of restructuring if everything is not about oil for you also?

You say millions of northerners did not benefit from Nigeria's oil wealth? Can you tell us where the revenue shared monthly to the 19 northern states come from? I'm aware of a lot of northerners who have been earning salaries from their LGs even when they were in school. A lot of northerners who are employed in state and LG offices rarely go to work but only show up at ATMs to withdraw "salaries" at the end of the month. Pray tell where those monies come from? The over-bloated FG workforce is populated by northerners. I guess the monies used to pay their salaries come from the gigantic groundnut pyramids in the north ba?
Keep deceiving yourself
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 12:47pm On Mar 02, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Everything is about oil for who? If not for oil money, who will be thinking of amnesty and foreign education for Boko haram? It is easy to spend lavishly whatever you did not work for and that is what is happening here? If you don't really care about oil, can you kindly tell us why Buhari has made himself Minister of Petroleum while his chief of staff, the de facto president is on the board of NNPC and the GMD of NNPC has been from Borno? Why has this govt been searching for 1 liter of oil all over the north since they came in, spending unaccounted resources on a useless and fruitless search.

You say we should "ask nicely" or beg to get restructuring? Why so? Why are you afraid of restructuring if everything is not about oil for you also?

You say millions of northerners did not benefit from Nigeria's oil wealth? Can you tell us where the revenue shared monthly to the 19 northern states come from? I'm aware of a lot of northerners who have been earning salaries from their LGs even when they were in school. A lot of northerners who are employed in state and LG offices rarely go to work but only show up at ATMs to withdraw "salaries" at the end of the month. Pray tell where those monies come from? The over-bloated FG workforce is populated by northerners. I guess the monies used to pay their salaries come from the gigantic groundnut pyramids in the north ba?
Keep deceiving yourself
Who is deceiving his self here? For a person to believe that Nigeria will be restructure anytime soon,show how delusional you are.like i said before, the same northerns you hate are the same people controlling your future and that of your unborn children so enjoy,keep on hating,it will consume you and your unborn children. The northerns are here,what ever you say or do will not make them disappeare.And go through my writing, there is no way i said i support amnesty for boko haram,so stop assuming that you know what i think,you don't know me.
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:28pm On Mar 02, 2020
Ibrahimmrfish:

Who is deceiving his self here? For a person to believe that Nigeria will be restructure anytime soon,show how delusional you are.like i said before, the same northerns you hate are the same people controlling your future and that of your unborn children so enjoy,keep on hating,it will consume you and your unborn children. The northerns are here,what ever you say or do will not make them disappeare.And go through my writing, there is no way i said i support amnesty for boko haram,so stop assuming that you know what i think,you don't know me.

Unfortunately for you. it is parasitic northerners like you that believe that everything starts and ends with the failing experiment called Nigeria. Northerners have and never will determine my future nor that of my children. Last I checked neither I nor my kids are almajiris nor BH members. So you see, the greatest losers are still in the north. You're allowed to feel comfortable in your cocoon but be aware that Nigeria can't last long as presently configured. Even OBJ is now advocating restructuring. It's either restructuring or disintegration. The choice is yours.

Like I already pointed out, why are you afraid of restructuring if not because you are a lazy and unproductive bunch who have nothing to offer anyone except death and destruction. You are like locusts who only move about in large numbers wrecking waste. Try to learn from ants man!!

Go back to your first post and read what you wrote. you can then come and explain why you were being an apologists for negotiating with terrorists or what exactly was this thread about? Don't be confused man!!
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 2:53pm On Mar 02, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Unfortunately for you. it is parasitic northerners like you that believe that everything starts and ends with the failing experiment called Nigeria. Northerners have and never will determine my future nor that of my children. Last I checked neither I nor my kids are almajiris nor BH members. So you see, the greatest losers are still in the north. You're allowed to feel comfortable in your cocoon but be aware that Nigeria can't last long as presently configured. Even OBJ is now advocating restructuring. It's either restructuring or disintegration. The choice is yours.

Like I already pointed out, why are you afraid of restructuring if not because you are a lazy and unproductive bunch who have nothing to offer anyone except death and destruction. You are like locusts who only move about in large numbers wrecking waste. Try to learn from ants man!!

Go back to your first post and read what you wrote. you can then come and explain why you were being an apologists for negotiating with terrorists or what exactly was this thread about? Don't be confused man!!
Like i said before, hate will consume you.And the same northerns you hate control this country,like it or hate it they control you and there is nothing you say or do that will change the reality on ground.As for restructuring, i am a business person,never work a day under Nigeria government, restructure or not,business will always go through.You ask what the thread is about,it is about U.S negotiating with Taliban,and people like you were trying to paint Taliban diffently from boko haram,which is funny.Taliban is a terrorist organization and there is nothing you said that will change that,any organization that bomb,innocent civilians target is a terrorist organization.As for being unproductive, i am 100% sure it will take you 100 years to come close to achieving what my family have,if not for internet and forum like this,low life like yourself will never come close to people like me,and sad part is you,your children and their children will still be under people like me.And yes everything start and end in Nigeria and i am dame proud to be a Nigerian. And the same Nigeria that you hate will last a thousand year.
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Agboriotejoye(m): 4:22pm On Mar 02, 2020
Ibrahimmrfish:

Like i said before, hate will consume you.And the same northerns you hate control this country,like it or hate it they control you and there is nothing you say or do that will change the reality on ground.As for restructuring, i am a business person,never work a day under Nigeria government, restructure or not,business will always go through.You ask what the thread is about,it is about U.S negotiating with Taliban,and people like you were trying to paint Taliban diffently from boko haram,which is funny.Taliban is a terrorist organization and there is nothing you said that will change that,any organization that bomb,innocent civilians target is a terrorist organization.As for being unproductive, i am 100% sure it will take you 100 years to come close to achieving what my family have,if not for internet and forum like this,low life like yourself will never come close to people like me,and sad part is you,your children and their children will still be under people like me.And yes everything start and end in Nigeria and i am dame proud to be a Nigerian. And the same Nigeria that you hate will last a thousand year.

Bla bla bla. Gibberish full of shit. You're claiming people hate you. I guess you're full of love right. We can see the effect of your love from herdsmen and Boko haram. If you agree BH is a terrorist organisation, why then do you subscribe to giving them amnesty and packages. I guess for a job well done right? I guess it's safe to assume you wish Nigeria ends up like Afghanistan. I guess that's the Nigeria of your dream. No restructuring just Islamism.

You can claim to be whatever, that's none of my business. You don't feed me, neither can you pay my bills. I think if you have any atom of intelligence you should know your bragging is meaningless to me. If you have never worked under govt, does it change the fact that your region is being fed by the south?

You can tell me how the north controls this country. As at 2015, you were all wailing like lame ducks till the south west rescued you with their votes. Why didn't you control the country in 2011? Lemme guess. You were dreamwalking then.

If Nigeria will last a thousand years, it's not by wishful thinking. It's by doing the right thing. If you don't, it will not last. You can take that to the bank. So if you really want Nigeria to last a thousand years as you claim, restructuring is a must not a benevolent gift you alone have the power to give.

As for your achievements, you can find somewhere the light don't reach to stick in your body.
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Malcolm123: 4:27pm On Mar 02, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

You lots keep bandying 2400 soldiers around as if the Taliban was just killing American soldiers for fun with no casualties on their parts. Why don't you put a number on the Afghan soldiers lost in the battle let's see who has lost more

USA is not fighting Afghan soldiers dat is number 1....dey ar even allly

and so if Nigeria kill alot of Boko Haram...and dey kill 11 soldiers in an attack...u will call dat one a victory abi .....
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Agboriotejoye(m): 4:30pm On Mar 02, 2020
Malcolm123:

USA is not fighting Afghan soldiers dat is number 1....dey ar even allly

and so if Nigeria kill alot of Boko Haram...and dey kill 11 soldiers in an attack...u will call dat one a victory abi .....
Kindly define victory.
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Malcolm123: 4:37pm On Mar 02, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Kindly define victory.

victory is wen u acheive ur aim...no mata d sacrifice involve
Taliban is gaining back d country togeda with over 5000 members in prison
tell me wat America gain in d 18 years of wars....except lost in human live and stockpiling debt
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Agboriotejoye(m): 4:38pm On Mar 02, 2020
Malcolm123:

victory is wen u acheive ur aim...no mata d sacrifice involve
Taliban is gaining back d country togeda with over 5000 members in prison
tell me wat America gain in d 18 years of wars....except lost in human live and stockpiling debt
What was America's aim in the war?
How has Taliban regained the country?
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Nobody: 4:38pm On Mar 02, 2020
Ibrahimmrfish:

And if i call you stu-pid you will be offended. Tell me how is Taliban not the same with book haram? So just because Taliban were successful overthrowing the government of Afghanistan,that mean they are not terrorist? Did you ever take time to ask yourself how did get the power,how many town and villages did they burn? And not all part of Afghanistan was under Taliban rule.Taliban is just another boko haram,that was successful in controlling a part of a country and were totally brutal towards women and non-muslims.To try to paint them different is just being stu-pid.
For your mind you made sense?
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Malcolm123: 4:43pm On Mar 02, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

What was America's aim in the war?
How has Taliban regained the country?

read more of New York times ...let beta columnists anaylse things for u

America does not even have any particular agenda in dat country .....just out of annoyance of 9-11 incidence dey went to d war ....dey suppose don commot immediately d war enta 3 year
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Malcolm123: 4:44pm On Mar 02, 2020
jcmaiah:

For your mind you made sense?

Taliban and Boko tactics ar dsame...terror

so Taliban bombing wedding, government facility market or mosque ....wat will u call dat .....
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Agboriotejoye(m): 4:49pm On Mar 02, 2020
Malcolm123:

read more of New York times ...let beta columnists anaylse things for u

America does not even have any particular agenda in dat country .....just out of annoyance of 9-11 incidence dey went to d war ....dey suppose don commot immediately d war enta 3 year
No need to read anything. America's aim was to dislodge the Taliban regime and capture Osama. Last I checked, both have been achieved.
As a matter of facts, all allies in the war have withdrawn their troops while US is there on peacekeeping and stability efforts.

While Taliban still remains strong, which is a pointer to their popularity with the populace, all their leaders pre-9/11 are all dead. They do not control any territories at present and are an insurgent grp presently. The Afghan forces are under the president's control not Taliban and, the peace deal says they must not be involved in any violence of any sort. So tell me how exactly they won
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 5:34pm On Mar 02, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Bla bla bla. Gibberish full of shit. You're claiming people hate you. I guess you're full of love right. We can see the effect of your love from herdsmen and Boko haram. If you agree BH is a terrorist organisation, why then do you subscribe to giving them amnesty and packages. I guess for a job well done right? I guess it's safe to assume you wish Nigeria ends up like Afghanistan. I guess that's the Nigeria of your dream. No restructuring just Islamism.

You can claim to be whatever, that's none of my business. You don't feed me, neither can you pay my bills. I think if you have any atom of intelligence you should know your bragging is meaningless to me. If you have never worked under govt, does it change the fact that your region is being fed by the south?

You can tell me how the north controls this country. As at 2015, you were all wailing like lame ducks till the south west rescued you with their votes. Why didn't you control the country in 2011? Lemme guess. You were dreamwalking then.

If Nigeria will last a thousand years, it's not by wishful thinking. It's by doing the right thing. If you don't, it will not last. You can take that to the bank. So if you really want Nigeria to last a thousand years as you claim, restructuring is a must not a benevolent gift you alone have the power to give.

As for your achievements, you can find somewhere the light don't reach to stick in your body.
Is as if you have a mental case issue,you know there is a difference between amnesty and negotiation? Hate is clouding you reasoning,bringing herdsmen into every discussion. P.S i am Igala so stop thinking that i am cheering for Fulani. No matter how hard you try to disguise it,you can never hide your haterate for northern people. I truly feel sorry you,living a life of hate is not living at all.They say silence is the best answer to a ............
You want something, take it.
Insult us for 100 year will change nothing.
So you want restructuring, for us or go F yourself.
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by 0m0nnakoda: 5:42pm On Mar 02, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

No need to read anything. America's aim was to dislodge the Taliban regime and capture Osama. Last I checked, both have been achieved.
As a matter of facts, all allies in the war have withdrawn their troops while US is there on peacekeeping and stability efforts.

While Taliban still remains strong, which is a pointer to their popularity with the populace, all their leaders pre-9/11 are all dead. They do not control any territories at present and are an insurgent grp presently. The Afghan forces are under the president's control not Taliban and, the peace deal says they must not be involved in any violence of any sort. So tell me how exactly they won
That is face saving talk.
Osama's bin Laden was not killed in Afghanistan.
The Taliban are very much in charge. They are patient people.
America might have won all the battles but they have lost the war and they know it.
They have spent close to $3 trillion on this war

What do they have to show for it?
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:56pm On Mar 02, 2020
Ibrahimmrfish:

Is as if you have a mental case issue,you know there is a difference between amnesty and negotiation? Hate is clouding you reasoning,bringing herdsmen into every discussion. P.S i am Igala so stop thinking that i am cheering for Fulani. No matter how hard you try to disguise it,you can never hide your haterate for northern people. I truly feel sorry you,living a life of hate is not living at all.They say silence is the best answer to a ............
You want something, take it.
Insult us for 100 year will change nothing.
So you want restructuring, for us or go F yourself.
Hahaha. Look at dis nairaland mugu. He's even Igala. Wake me up when an Igala man becomes president. All dis second class northerners are also forming belong. Why don't you go and read what Ahmadu Bello said about you minorities before you start forming what is not.

I'm sure you're a professor of political science to know the difference between amnesty and negotiation. Your mumuness did not think what is on the table for BH you're here talking rubbish playing with English that you're obviously struggling with.

You better stop using "us" or think you're a true northerner. You're just unfortunate pawns being used by the Fulani to further their political interests.

Gerrarahere man!!
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:10pm On Mar 02, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

That is face saving talk.
Osama's bin Laden was not killed in Afghanistan.
The Taliban are very much in charge. They are patient people.
America might have won all the battles but they have lost the war and they know it.
They have spent close to $3 trillion on this war

What do they have to show for it?

What difference does it make where he was killed. The fact is that he was killed.
The Taliban are not in charge anywhere. They may be a security threat but not in charge. The peace deal they sign says they must never use violence to achieve any end they may have. Now, that's the true meaning of de-radicalization.
I don't know if America cried to you about the amount spent. Your country has spent over $5bn of money we don't even have on BH with nothing to show for it but propaganda. Yet you're offering to send the BH radicals overseas for a war well fought. I think you should be more worried about that.
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by 0m0nnakoda: 6:16pm On Mar 02, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

What difference does it make where he was killed. The fact is that he was killed.
The Taliban are not in charge anywhere. They may be a security threat but not in charge. The peace deal they sign says they must never use violence to achieve any end they may have. Now, that's the true meaning of de-radicalization.
I don't know if America cried to you about the amount spent. Your country has spent over $5bn of money we don't even have on BH with nothing to show for it but propaganda. Yet you're offering to send the BH radicals overseas for a war well fought. I think you should be more worried about that.
It makes ALL the difference because you cited it ,the killing, as justification for the war?
So why not wage war on Cameroon ot Senegal.
Why Afganistan
What is my country?

Do you know me?

You have no manners

Trump is desperate to do this because Americans have had enough after nearly 3000 soldiers killed and nearly $3 trillion spent and all that to kill Osama in PAKISTAN

1 Like

Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:39pm On Mar 02, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

It makes ALL the difference because you cited it ,the killing, as justification for the war?
So why not wage war on Cameroon ot Senegal.
Why Afganistan
What is my country?

Do you know me?

You have no manners

Trump is desperate to do this because Americans have had enough after nearly 3000 soldiers killed and nearly $3 trillion spent and all that to kill Osama in PAKISTAN

Ignorant folks abound everywhere who just want to type cause they have data. Where was Osama in 2001? Was he in Afghanistan or Pakistan? Go and find out when he moved to Pakistan and stop talking as if he has always been in Pakistan.

The war in Afghanistan had an overwhelming support of Americans. If it is true dat Trump did this because it was what Americans wanted, why are you complaining? Is the purpose of government not to do the will of the people?

Of a truth I don't know where you are from. If not Nigeria, I hope it's a better place. But your moniker suggests otherwise though not like I really care.
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by 0m0nnakoda: 6:50pm On Mar 02, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Ignorant folks abound everywhere who just want to type cause they have data. Where was Osama in 2001? Was he in Afghanistan or Pakistan? Go and find out when he moved to Pakistan and stop talking as if he has always been in Pakistan.

The war in Afghanistan had an overwhelming support of Americans. If it is true dat Trump did this because it was what Americans wanted, why are you complaining? Is the purpose of government not to do the will of the people?

Of a truth I don't know where you are from. If not Nigeria, I hope it's a better place. But your moniker suggests otherwise though not like I really care.

You were his landlord?
Osama bin Laden rented a flat from you in Kabul??
He was wearing a tracker you put on his wrist?
Osama bin Laden was killed more than 5 years ago and the truth is the US has no exit strategy? They are defeated
Just like in Vietnam so also Afghanistan.
It is one thing to go in and put troops on the ground but a different matter to exit.
The fact is there was no clear strategy when going in and now they are trying to dress up their defeat in a phony deal that has no value

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

George Weah Sworn In As Liberian President (Photos, Video) / Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again / Joe Biden Orders All US Flags Around The World To Fly At Half-Mast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.