Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,645 members, 7,851,168 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:31 PM

US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War (32540 Views)

Justin Trudeau, Wife Sophie Separate After 18 Years Of Marriage / Americans Blast Zelensky For Rejecting Elon Musk's Peace Deal With Russia (Pics) / Israel Signs Peace Treaties With Arab States At Whitehouse Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by thundafire: 9:01am On Mar 01, 2020
Commentor:
But wrong for Nigeria to release renounced Boko Haram suspects.

For many years, the USA told us the Taliban were a terrorist group.

Yet they've negotiated with terrorists today.
dey once ruled Afghanistan till some of them went rogue and were forced out of power it remained like dat for a long time b4 ISIS came and spoilt everything again infiltrated them dey peace deal has been on dey table for long dats y wen ISIS reared its ugly head even dey Taliban fought them with dey USA yes dey are still terrorist remember dey war is fought in another country and peace must return der
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Commentor: 9:04am On Mar 01, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

Sorry I do not get you....

My statement is clear.

If America was in a sovereign territory, bombarding the place knowing fully well they had no business there, shouldn't we call it what it is - terrorism or even a less aggressive term -bullying?
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by onwanaholland: 9:04am On Mar 01, 2020
[s]
Commentor:

So harking back to my initial post, and we agree that for the purpose of peace, roads often undesired need to be explored.
[/s]
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by onwanaholland: 9:04am On Mar 01, 2020
[s]
Commentor:

My statement is clear.

If America was in a sovereign territory, bombarding the place knowing fully well they had no business there, shouldn't we call it what it is - terrorism or even a less aggressive term -bullying?
[/s]
[s]
itsme01:

grin

when my mates are having intellectually challenging discuss May Almighty not make you not be the dunce who can only contribute memes and banters ... amen
[/s]
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by 0m0nnakoda: 9:06am On Mar 01, 2020
Commentor:

My statement is clear.

I am sure it is very clear to you but not to me.

I no know book
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by CSTR2: 9:08am On Mar 01, 2020
Lostz:
they went there for Osama and they got him already.

your own Boko Haram is in Nigeria with you but Taliban is in Afghanistan. US leaving will not affect American soil in anyway
Don't mind them.
They are comparing a foreign insurgency to a home grown terrorist group.

If the Taliban was in North America, every member of the Taliban would all be dead.
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by DabuIIIT: 9:09am On Mar 01, 2020
itsme01:

grin

when my mates are having intellectually challenging discuss May Almighty not make you not be the dunce who can only contribute memes and banters ... amen
They actually know they are engaging a certified and express zmb but they hope they can try and help the status lolsssssss
grin

1 Share

Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Obaakran: 9:09am On Mar 01, 2020
Storeyedbuildin:
Pls am searching for job ooo.....

I can do anytin ooo ..so far it nuh related to blood or fraud....

Be it security,gateman ,office work or even factory work....am getting tired of this life already I wud be glad if anyone can be of help....

I can even do laundry for u...clean ur house and even prepare meals for u...so far its Lagos...

If u don't av the connection u can connect me to someone who has ...plsss..

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Pls safe a starving brother
what's your qualifications?
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by maasoap(m): 9:10am On Mar 01, 2020
Commentor:
But wrong for Nigeria to release renounced Boko Haram suspects.

For many years, the USA told us the Taliban were a terrorist group.

Yet they've negotiated with terrorists today.

gaetano:

Never equate talibans to bokoharam, you can equate Boko Haram to isis.

The Talibans have been the ones in charge of govt ever since before the USA toppled their govt trying to force democracy down their throats and install a puppet. It was all about the oil game. The talibans are a legitimate people fighting for a just cause.

Once again bokoharam = isis, while Talibans = ND militants

You might not be far from the truth but the problem in Nigeria is that the battle with the Boko Haram and the killings is not helping at all. International bodies are calling on the FG to change strategy against BH and I think that one of the strategies that FG is trying to adopt now is "Ideological Change". The effort to try to change the ideology of many of these captured brainwashed terrorist recruits. It's a long term solution which many Nigerians can't see because of who we are, short-sighted people. Not that war and the killings will stop but it has gotten to a stage to bring in some other approaches.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by onwanaholland: 9:11am On Mar 01, 2020
[s]
itsme01:

as usual empty trash of a response.. enjoy the education you got today kid... it was my pleasure educating the less privileged
[/s]
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by maasoap(m): 9:16am On Mar 01, 2020
RisenPhoenix:
That is a triumph of peace over bigotry. No local insurgency has ever been put down militarily; well only one; the Sril Lankan civil war which had to use widespread human rights abuses and cruelty against civilians to achieve the objective. Even now, there are still people in Sril Lanka with a lot of leftover resentment from that war.

Lol. I remember the last and final onslaught against the guerrillas in Sri Lanka not too long ago. It was a total annihilation.

1 Like

Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by itsme01: 9:16am On Mar 01, 2020
DabuIIIT:

They actually know they are engaging a certified and express zmb but they hope they can try and help the status lolsssssss
grin

you are now sharing your own post by your own sef since you cant get the likes you want... ok let me give you few likes so you can disappear into oblivion
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by DabuIIIT: 9:20am On Mar 01, 2020
itsme01:

you are now sharing your own post by your own sef since you cant get the likes you want... ok let me give you few likes so you can disappear into oblivion

Self appointed special minister of Igbo affairs lolsssssss
ipob special analyst
BAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAA!!!!!!

Thunda faya joblessness Sha!!!!

grin grin grin
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by maasoap(m): 9:20am On Mar 01, 2020
Lostz:
they went there for Osama and they got him already.

your own Boko Haram is in Nigeria with you but Taliban is in Afghanistan. US leaving will not affect American soil in anyway

That's why we shouldn't allow any country to dictate to us how to win this war because it's our battle. We should know and use what will best help us to defeat Boko Haram. If since 2009 we couldn't defeat Boko Haram, it's time to try to use Ideological Change in form of education to defeat them. At least, to cut off their ability to recruit new members
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Storeyedbuildin(m): 9:26am On Mar 01, 2020
Obaakran:

what's your qualifications?
Ssce sir
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Storeyedbuildin(m): 9:26am On Mar 01, 2020
Olatara:
African Development Bank - AfDB on www.afdb.org apply here, you might get the job.
I wud try sir
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Xisnin(m): 9:31am On Mar 01, 2020
Trump will do anything to look good before the November election.
He attacked Obama for negotiating a peace deal with Iran(a country).
Now, he is signing agreement with terrorists.
I am enjoying how Ipob fanatics are now claiming that the Taliban is not a terrorist
group because their god Trump signed a deal with them?
SMH.

1 Like

Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by maasoap(m): 9:32am On Mar 01, 2020
azimo:
.you see how you process information ? You forgot that is not in USA soil, that it is in a foreign land and not inside USA. Is biko Haram not killing Nigerians in Nigeria soil? Black people are daft . In my next world I prefer to be a tree than come back as a black person

Stop looking down on yourself and your race, inferiority complex is killing you. FG and Boko Haram have been killing each other and the civilians since 2009, is there any hope that we're going to wipe out Boko Haram anytime soon even if we are going to wipe them out at all? Now, ISWAP is another uglier and more violent that has joined the madness. At this point in time, FG need more than killing alone. We have to look at approaches that will have long-term effects in the region and that's re-education that will encourage more people to speak against extremism and discourage more youth from being brainwashed into joining terrorists. But I don't blame you, not everyone has ability to see beyond what is physically present in his front or the capacity to process developments
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Storeyedbuildin(m): 9:33am On Mar 01, 2020
Olatara:
African Development Bank - AfDB on www.afdb.org apply here, you might get the job.
Pls ..hw can I make use of the website for seeking job
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Xisnin(m): 9:34am On Mar 01, 2020
CSTR2:

Don't mind them.
They are comparing a foreign insurgency to a home grown terrorist group.

If the Taliban was in North America, every member of the Taliban would all be dead.
Which Islamic terrorists have their base in North America?
None.
Yet, you Ipob have been boasting on how the US never negotiates with terrorists when we know better.
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by onwanaholland: 9:40am On Mar 01, 2020
[s]
itsme01:

[/s]
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 01, 2020
maasoap:

That's why we shouldn't allow any country to dictate to us how to win this war because it's our battle. We should know and use what will best help us to defeat Boko Haram. If since 2009 we couldn't defeat Boko Haram, it's time to try to use Ideological Change in form of education to defeat them. At least, to cut off their ability to recruit new members
you are going to automatically educate the numerous unproductive that pass through the northern almajiri system?

you guys In the North watered Boko Haram, watch it grow to the point of killing and engaging the military because of religion and tribalism.

most northerners have always wanted amnesty for boko Haram, comparing them to Niger Delta militant so I am not surprised.
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Zino990(m): 9:49am On Mar 01, 2020
Y’all are not seeing the real messages here

That’s the sign the end of the world is very near

Declaration of world peace ����
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Olatara(f): 9:51am On Mar 01, 2020
Ibrahimmrfish:

Have you lost your mind or what? Taliban is a terrorist organization, they use violent to achieve their goals,bombing mosque and wedding so strike fear into people.
Some people made the Talibans a terrorist organization. They were actually a political party.
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Olatara(f): 9:53am On Mar 01, 2020
Storeyedbuildin:

Pls ..hw can I make use of the website for seeking job
Lick on it or go to myjobmag.com.
Can you drive?
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Olatara(f): 9:59am On Mar 01, 2020
ogbonti:

not a defeat for the US but a victory for common sense. the Afghan war was just a means for the hawks and neo-cons to enrich their buddies - in the military industrial complex and contractors at lockheed martin. why do you think Trump fell out with John Bolton? that is why the deep state are after him - some powerful men in America want the US to be in endless conflicts and war because it means there will be billions of dollars lining their pockets each year- without war these powerful men can’t make money so think- this is why they are fighting Trump!!

it’s not about the US surrendering - it’s about cutting off the cash cow of these powerful individuals

osama was killed almost 9 years ago and he was the main reason Afghanistan was invaded so why is the US still there?

this war ending is 9 years overdue
Make sense.

1 Like

Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Storeyedbuildin(m): 10:00am On Mar 01, 2020
Olatara:
Lick on it or go to myjobmag.com.
Can you drive?
No I can't drive!!
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by maasoap(m): 10:00am On Mar 01, 2020
Lostz:
you are going to automatically educate the numerous unproductive that pass through the northern almajiri system?

you guys In the North watered Boko Haram, watch it grow to the point of killing and engaging the military because of religion and tribalism.

most northerners have always wanted amnesty for boko Haram, comparing them to Niger Delta militant so I am not surprised.

Firstly, I'm not from the North, just that I could see and believe (just like presidency, military chiefs and national assembly) in what many of you can't really see. Killings are immediate solution, how well has it worked so far? Can you answer that question?
But, now I see that you're jealous in some way because you see this as some kind of competition or rivalry.
Amnesty is not such a bad idea if killings doesn't help. Why was Amnesty introduced in the Niger Delta? Because killings the militants didn't help, rather it led to more economic loss. It is just that many of you have this weird opinion that Amnesty means free money for the repentant criminals because the first time many of you knew about it, it was introduced with free money for the repentant militants.
Amnesty doesn't mean free money, it means just pardon.

And BTW: Nigeria government watered Boko Haram, not you guys in the north

1 Like

Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Okoroawusa: 10:00am On Mar 01, 2020
RaptObserver:
Better. Wars don't pay at the end. Even those making blood money from it know.
The Americans are the ones making money from it. Weapon contractors,gun manufacturers, mercenaries n so on.
They will find a way to ignite the war again. Just watch n see
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Okoroawusa: 10:03am On Mar 01, 2020
Olatara:
Some people made the Talibans a terrorist organization. They were actually a political party.
Not a political party but an authoritarian regime that have been in n out of power in Afghanistan for years.
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by CSTR2: 10:03am On Mar 01, 2020
Xisnin:

Which Islamic terrorists have their base in North America?
None.
Yet, you Ipob have been boasting on how the US never negotiates with terrorists when we know better.
You are so dumb not to realise that no terrorist can exist on the US soil

If they did, the US would crush them with no option.

America wants to save money. It is not their land.

If the govt of Afghanistan was strong enough, they would have been the ones to finish off the Taliban.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Joe Biden Orders All US Flags Around The World To Fly At Half-Mast / ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in / Joe Biden: Details Of The 17 Executive Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.