Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,570 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Ikemba Ojukwu Had A Stroke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikemba Ojukwu Had A Stroke (1768 Views)

Civil War Would Have Been Shorter If Ojukwu Had Acted Like Jonathan - Danjuma / Reavealed: Ojukwu Had A Child With A Fulani Lady In 1965 / Biafran Secession: Ojukwu Had No Choice - Bolaji Aluko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikemba Ojukwu Had A Stroke by OchiAgha2(m): 1:00pm On Dec 21, 2010
Ikemba Ojukwu Down With Stroke

Enugu — IKEMBA Nnewi and former leader of defunct Republic of Biafra, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, was, yesterday, admitted at the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, UNTH, Enugu following a stroke which had kept him unconscious since last week.

Ojukwu, who turned 77, November 4, 2010,suffered the stroke at his GRA residence in Enugu last week and was being treated by his personal physicians until Sunday afternoon when his condition reportedly deteriorated.

He was admitted at the Intensive Care Unit of UNTH at Ituku-Ozalla near Enugu where medical experts and consultants are now battling to return him to consciousness.

One of the doctors at the unit who spoke with Vanguard under condition of anonymity, yesterday, confirmed that the former Biafran leader was on admission and was currently under intensive care because of his failing health condition.

He said: "I can rightly confirm to you that the Ikemba Nnewi had a stroke and was rushed down to the hospital Sunday afternoon. He is in the Intensive Care Unit and a team of medical experts are taking care of him.

"We believe that he suffered a stroke. He is in a good hand as every apparatus of the hospital has been deployed to give him the best treatment. Already a team of consultants and experts at UNTH are working on him. He is being given full attention and monitored effectively."

Ojukwu, who contested the 2007 presidential election under the platform of All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, had been battling with an eye ailment in the past few years.

Some sympathizers at the hospital could not reach him, yesterday, but were received by his wife, Bianca and personal aides.

Ojukwu, at age 34, led the defunct Biafran Republic between 1966 and 1970 toward freedom and separation from the Nigerian State, after massive killings in the North.

Meanwhile, many of his supporters and admirers particularly members of the Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB led by Chief Ralph Uwazulike, have started praying for his quick recovery.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201012210703.html
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Had A Stroke by OchiAgha2(m): 1:08pm On Dec 21, 2010
This should be on the front page! Ojukwu is considered a leader by millions of people. He should be given that respect! angry
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Had A Stroke by praise101: 1:33pm On Dec 21, 2010
Leader to some people

Not to Yorubas, northerners, and people of the ND

It is hightime he left us!

Anyway, RIP!
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Had A Stroke by OchiAgha2(m): 1:35pm On Dec 21, 2010
^^^^^^

I give it a day and then you will be banned again. It is about time you left us as well.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Had A Stroke by praise101: 1:39pm On Dec 21, 2010
9 lives baby!

Computer programmer by day!
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Had A Stroke by Kcswat22: 2:59pm On Dec 21, 2010
@praise 101. Thunder fire u to death there. U d talk about our great IKEMBA like dat.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Had A Stroke by OchiAgha2(m): 4:28pm On Dec 21, 2010
Kcswat22:

@praise 101. Thunder fire u to death there. U d talk about our great IKEMBA like dat.

I share your sentiment! Ojukwu should be given respect. The man is a leader to most Igbos. And he continues to speak on behalf of the Ndi Igbo. This is tantamount to insulting the Sultan of Sokoto in my opinion.   angry
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Had A Stroke by kettykin: 10:28pm On Dec 21, 2010
In as much EOO is not a saint I share in the unease ibos are having over his health travails and wish him quick recovery.

As for the people who wish their fellow human being dead , today it is ojukwu that starved ibos, yesterday it was ojukwu that killed his people, people who have never stood for anything truth even when they stand to profit from the truth , As if ojukwu was the problem with Nigeria, and if he dies today the problems of nigeria will stop.
If Ojukwu dies how does that save you from your problems or oppression.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Had A Stroke by MetalGong4: 10:40pm On Dec 21, 2010
praise101:

Leader to some people

Not to Yorubas, northerners, and people of the ND

It is hightime he left us!
Anyway, RIP!

But Ojukwu is not the cause of your poor writing skills. . .Fool!!!!
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Had A Stroke by T9ksy(m): 1:58am On Dec 22, 2010
And so? Abegi, comot 4 road mak i hia word jo!

Respect ko? Ignominy ni!! And deservedly too!!!

The "animal in human clothing" wasted about half a million of his own people's lives just to satisfy his ego-fueled hegemonic ambition
and the same "headless chicken" are demanding respect for him.

I hope he spend the time he has left to seek forgiveness for the many lives he wasted but knowing the arrogant obdurate brute, he won't!
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Had A Stroke by EzeUche0(m): 2:00am On Dec 22, 2010
Ojukwu will always remain an Igbo leader!

God please give him long life!
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Had A Stroke by Beaf: 2:06am On Dec 22, 2010
At 77 Ojukwu is still young. It looks bleak, but I pray he comes through this.

EzeUche0:

Ojukwu will always remain an Igbo leader!

God please give him long life!

Why start a thread and then reply yourself under a different logon like becomerich?
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Had A Stroke by Nobody: 2:08am On Dec 22, 2010
God's time is the best grin
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Had A Stroke by EzeUche0(m): 2:16am On Dec 22, 2010
Beaf,

What are you talking about?

I have no need to do so. EzeUche has remained my only name.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Had A Stroke by Beaf: 2:18am On Dec 22, 2010
FL Gators:

God's time is the best grin

Why have you turned bad like this?
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Had A Stroke by Nobody: 2:22am On Dec 22, 2010
Beaf:

Why have you turned bad like this?

It was a moment in time.
So you guys knew how bad it was before I retaliated? I knew I could be more awful than these useless simpletons here.
But I have decided to stop, so really, my apology to you tongue kiss

You dey mind Uche and his multiple IDs?
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Had A Stroke by justise: 2:23am On Dec 22, 2010
MetalGong4:

But Ojukwu is not the cause of your poor writing skills. . .Fool!!!!

You can't even construct a flawless sentence; yet, you have the guts to criticize someone else's.

Like Ojukwu, like Metalgong

Stubborn Nama.

Hope you die UNSUNG like him.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Had A Stroke by Beaf: 2:36am On Dec 22, 2010
EzeUche0:

Beaf,

What are you talking about?

I have no need to do so. EzeUche has remained my only name.

Hmmm. Ochi Agha talks just like you; same sort of 5 word sentences and "warrior" outlook.
Maybe he's your identical twin.

FL Gators:

It was a moment in time.
So you guys knew how bad it was before I retaliated? I knew I could be more awful than these useless simpletons here.
But I have decided to stop, so really, my apology to you tongue kiss

You dey mind Uche and his multiple IDs?

Yes, please stop. It doesn't fit you and it wouldn't do any good, abeg. Remain sweet and nice.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Had A Stroke by aljharem(m): 2:38am On Dec 22, 2010
Beaf:

Hmmm. Ochi Agha talks just like you; same sort of 5 word sentences and "warrior" outlook.

Yes, please stop. It doesn't fit you and it wouldn't do any good, abeg. Remain sweet and nice.

beaf my ijaw brother, do u still support jonathan wink
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Had A Stroke by jason54321: 2:39am On Dec 22, 2010
Beaf:

Y[b]es, please stop. It doesn't fit you and it wouldn't do any good, abeg. Remain sweet and nice.[/b]

thats very difficult with these people undecided
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Had A Stroke by OchiAgha2(m): 2:46am On Dec 22, 2010
Beaf:

Now you as well. You know Ochi Agha is a title in Igboland. I came across it on a website actually. http://www.nathanielturner.com/nkeonyechiriyazaaonigbotitles.htm I don't even know Igbo that well, but I am learning. No warrior outlook here. I am simply here to learn.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Had A Stroke by EzeUche0(m): 2:49am On Dec 22, 2010
grin grin grin

Let an admin decide.

IP addresses never lie.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Had A Stroke by jason54321: 2:50am On Dec 22, 2010
EzeUche0:

grin grin grin

why is this born-fool shining his teeth undecided
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Had A Stroke by EzeUche0(m): 2:51am On Dec 22, 2010
jason you batty bwoy
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Had A Stroke by Nobody: 2:51am On Dec 22, 2010
EzeUche0:

grin grin grin

Let an admin decide.
IP addresses never lie.

You do know that you have some engineers online too right?

Quit using same diff IDs @ same tie, very cowardly.

@Beaf
YES O, OGA.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Had A Stroke by EzeUche0(m): 2:54am On Dec 22, 2010
If u say so. . .

Chineke kpokwa gi oku. . .

What can an engineer do?

One man cannot be in two different locations. . .
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Had A Stroke by jason54321: 2:56am On Dec 22, 2010
EzeUche0:

jason you batty bwoy

me? a batty bwoy grin grin grin grin grin. do not let me expose your secret with ochi lovemaking tonight ooo!!! grin grin grin
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Had A Stroke by Nobody: 2:56am On Dec 22, 2010
LMAO!!

Oh boy. Anywaz. . . .
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Had A Stroke by EzeUche0(m): 3:01am On Dec 22, 2010
Most ppl such as jason, sefago aigbofa, sjeezy, alj harem use other accts

This is not a new phonemom

But I do not hide.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Had A Stroke by dayokanu(m): 3:06am On Dec 22, 2010
Na wa o.

Why do you people say Ezeuche is Ochi-agha? I never thought of it they dont post alike.

If I were to guess I would have said Ochi-Agha is in Maryland and Ezeuche is in Utah.

The world is full of mysteries
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Had A Stroke by aljharem(m): 3:06am On Dec 22, 2010
EzeUche0:

Most ppl such as jason, sefago aigbofa, sjeezy, alj harem use other accts

This is not a new phonemom

But I do not hide.

my igbo brother eze apart from the alj harem1 (which i used because of the spambot thing) and u tell me any other one cheesy
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Had A Stroke by aljharem(m): 3:07am On Dec 22, 2010
dayokanu:

Na wa o.

Why do you people say Ezeuche is Ochi-agha? I never thought of it they dont post alike.

If I were to guess I would have said Ochi-Agha is in Maryland and Ezeuche is in Utah.

The world is full of mysteries

really mysteries, how can people be that jobless to be forming acc just to spite the other

tell me how

(1) (2) (Reply)

Revolution Is Not Possible In Nigeria. Ethnic Hatred Apart, Nigerians Love Life / Why Are Some Christains Enjoying It Anytime People Are Killed In The North? / Pictures: Poor Maintenance And Deterioration Of The Abuja National Stadium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.