Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,442 members, 7,836,772 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Age Diffenrence In Relationships. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Age Diffenrence In Relationships. (1869 Views)

Reasons Why Ladies Like Sex But Pretend They Hate It In Relationships / Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / Women Are Not Always The Problem In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Age Diffenrence In Relationships. by yusuf2(m): 3:00pm On Dec 21, 2010
What really should be the age gap between 2 people in a love relationship or a Married couple, i think he shouldn't be more than 5 years if he is older and 2 years if she is older , so they can mostly come to a common ground on issues. what u guys think?
Re: Age Diffenrence In Relationships. by Creamish(f): 3:04pm On Dec 21, 2010
Age really isnt an issue for some couples . . age diff btw my folks is 14 and they rily inspire me alot. It all depends on the people . . if they are friends and exceed ur stated age range, they can still agree on stuff . . maturity is a big factor in relationships. I think it shuld replace d age factor.

Im not a fan of father/daughter relationship tho' but it works for some peeps.
Re: Age Diffenrence In Relationships. by kabiru41: 7:42pm On Dec 30, 2010
while to me age dont matter when there is love,understanding & stage of mind.
Re: Age Diffenrence In Relationships. by omega25red(m): 7:46pm On Dec 30, 2010
as long as both parties are over the legal age limit
Re: Age Diffenrence In Relationships. by Coolabbie: 8:38pm On Dec 30, 2010
If d couple are comfortable wit demselves den age shudnt be a problem. By d way maturity isnt measured by age.
Re: Age Diffenrence In Relationships. by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:41pm On Dec 30, 2010
yusuf_@:

What really should be the age gap between 2 people in a love relationship or a Married couple, i think he shouldn't be more than 5 years if he is older and 2 years if she is older , so they can mostly come to a common ground on issues. what u guys think?

age differerence is a personal preference

the hard thing is to let your people get used to it if you are in relationship
Re: Age Diffenrence In Relationships. by Yorubah(m): 9:14pm On Dec 30, 2010
Poster are you just above 18 and trying to get along with a teen gurlfriend, take am easy sha grin grin grin grin
Re: Age Diffenrence In Relationships. by kaitlynxx: 10:12pm On Dec 30, 2010
dah age gap between ma parents is 10 yrs nd dey've bin married for abt 20yrs nw, age is really nthn but a number, it jst depends on the stage nd sense of maturity
Re: Age Diffenrence In Relationships. by Omolola1(f): 10:15pm On Dec 30, 2010
age is but a number
Re: Age Diffenrence In Relationships. by livedit(f): 10:31pm On Dec 30, 2010
For livedit, age DOES matter.  I can not see myself seeking a relationship with a man old enough to be my father/grandfather.  I'm not a fan of dating someone more than 5yrs younger or older than me.  But sometimes, you can't help whom you fall in love with.  I'm just hoping as long as this person is legal and mature minded.  For some people, I think too big of a age gap I think will eventually down the line lead to some problems. When I speak of "problems" I mean 20+ difference.  No matter how mature you are, this older person mindset will differ from yours one way or another.  Say for instance, a young 25yr old vibrant woman/man dating a 50+ year old woman/man gonna want to go out, party with friends, travel and so on and then you have someone twice your age trying to keep up.  Your partner has probably already lived their life doing that and find issues with that.  Then their thoughts automatically switch to a "parent" mode to talk you into staying home.  Age difference may not matter to most people, but it will some people. And livedit is one of them.
Re: Age Diffenrence In Relationships. by yusuf2(m): 11:19am On Feb 24, 2011
livedit:

For livedit, age DOES matter.  I can not see myself seeking a relationship with a man old enough to be my father/grandfather.  I'm not a fan of dating someone more than 5yrs younger or older than me.  But sometimes, you can't help whom you fall in love with.  I'm just hoping as long as this person is legal and mature minded.  For some people, I think too big of a age gap I think will eventually down the line lead to some problems. When I speak of "problems" I mean 20+ difference.  No matter how mature you are, this older person mindset will differ from yours one way or another.  Say for instance, a young 25yr old vibrant woman/man dating a 50+ year old woman/man gonna want to go out, party with friends, travel and so on and then you have someone twice your age trying to keep up.  Your partner has probably already lived their life doing that and find issues with that.  Then their thoughts automatically switch to a "parent" mode to talk you into staying home.  Age difference may not matter to most people, but it will some people. And livedit is one of them.
Word
Re: Age Diffenrence In Relationships. by chiozor: 12:16pm On Feb 24, 2011
if age is a number as women here say, why is all naija women even the old one with facial aging claims to be born in 80's tongue
Re: Age Diffenrence In Relationships. by Orikinla(m): 12:32pm On Feb 24, 2011
I date anyone above 18 in mutual consent. My youngest date at the moment is 19, but she has proved to be more mature than the older ones. Her parents commend me for her intelligence, brilliance and diligence. She came to me through one of my lawyers. But I will not marry her, because she is too young to be my wife. I am doing my best to discourage her while she is trying her best to pass the test of maturity. In most cases you cannot help having a relationship with younger women who want to be your lover. Looking younger than my mates also makes me more attractive. One of the daughters of my mate is a student at a university in Lagos and when she started  coming to see me playing big girl, I alerted her parents to check her and she is not happy about it.
Re: Age Diffenrence In Relationships. by MMM2(m): 1:04pm On Feb 24, 2011
age is just nothing but a number.
Re: Age Diffenrence In Relationships. by Mamken(f): 1:23pm On Feb 24, 2011
i dont think so.
age is very important in some circumstances.
a 20 year old boy cant have a long relationship with a 40 year old woman, coz sooner or later he'll like to have a family, children. . . .
i gues with 40 the age to bring children to the world is over.
so age might be just a number only in some cases.
Re: Age Diffenrence In Relationships. by MrsChima(f): 2:48pm On Feb 24, 2011
Age difference matters and there is a thread similar to this circulating.
Re: Age Diffenrence In Relationships. by pweetyme(f): 5:29pm On Feb 24, 2011
if age is a number as women here say, why is all naija women even the old one with facial aging claims to be born in 80's grin grin grin grin

because they were born in 80s
Re: Age Diffenrence In Relationships. by yusuf2(m): 5:38pm On Feb 24, 2011
pweetyme:

if age is a number as women here say, why is all naija women even the old one with facial aging claims to be born in 80's grin grin grin grin

What happened to u? where u banned or somtin? use a bad word? grin grin grin
Re: Age Diffenrence In Relationships. by Brite02(m): 5:52pm On Feb 24, 2011
pweetyme:

wia u banned? Z dz d same pweetyme i knw?
Re: Age Diffenrence In Relationships. by pweetyme(f): 5:55pm On Feb 24, 2011
@yusuf, tink thrz z mixup smwhr
Re: Age Diffenrence In Relationships. by Orikinla(m): 5:56pm On Feb 24, 2011
I can date a woman who is as old as 60, but not above 70. Let her be clean and medically fit. A man of 60 can date a woman of 30. She is already old enough to handle any man. Anyway I prefer older women. Babygirls are often liabilities, because in most cases they are always asking for too much attention like babies. And very jealous. Sex is better and safer with older single women or single mothers.
Re: Age Diffenrence In Relationships. by Dsense(m): 7:12pm On Feb 24, 2011
Each of us has a different interpretion for such stands . . . .I say age doesn't really matter if not too distant.
Re: Age Diffenrence In Relationships. by MrsChima(f): 7:20pm On Feb 24, 2011
That is you opinion and you right Dsense. You can date 100 years old woman and we wouldn't care. Some of us want to grow older in close proximity in age with our partner. If it works for you, CONGRATULATIONS!
Re: Age Diffenrence In Relationships. by Dsense(m): 7:22pm On Feb 24, 2011
angry angry angry angry Witch!!!
I said if not too DISTANT. angry

I'M SURE MY UNCLE IS 35 YRS OLDER THAN YOU ARE cheesy
Re: Age Diffenrence In Relationships. by ShyOne(f): 7:24pm On Feb 24, 2011
My current guy - I am one year older than he is - he is the first person that I have dated that I am older

Previously my guys have been 16 years older, 14 years older, 9 years older, 2 years older and 1 year older than me.

I could never have a guy that was more than 2 years younger than me - if I did - he would have to be extremely mature mentally - I still just don't ever see me being fascinated enough with the guy to date him.

I have always loved older men

so for me to even date my current guy - you can believe that mentally he is most definitely my senior - quite a sage in many areas. - thank God.
Re: Age Diffenrence In Relationships. by Dsense(m): 7:25pm On Feb 24, 2011
Shy-One:

My current guy - I am one year older than he is - he is the first person that I have dated that I am older

Previously my guys have been 16 years older, 14 years older, 9 years older, 2 years older and 1 year older than me.

I could never have a guy that was more than 2 years younger than me - if I did - he would have to be extremely mature mentally - I still just don't ever see me being fascinated enough with the guy to date him.

I have always loved older men

so for me to even date my current guy - you can believe that mentally he is most definitely my senior - quite a sage in many areas. - thank God.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Age Diffenrence In Relationships. by ShyOne(f): 7:28pm On Feb 24, 2011
lololololol

why are u shocked?
Re: Age Diffenrence In Relationships. by ShyOne(f): 7:29pm On Feb 24, 2011
young guys in the U.S.

the majority of them don't know how to talk to you, how to treat you

too loud, too rough - I refuse dating them
Re: Age Diffenrence In Relationships. by kaymoney2(m): 7:44pm On Feb 24, 2011
Shy-One:

young guys in the U.S.

Hahaha  but remember if you continue to refuse them
there is always an expiring date 
grin grin grin angry

Re: Age Diffenrence In Relationships. by ShyOne(f): 8:37pm On Feb 24, 2011
There were many, many times I wish this wasn't true

"I will never be without a man for a mate"
Re: Age Diffenrence In Relationships. by Dsense(m): 9:30pm On Feb 24, 2011
Shy-One:

lololololol

why are u shocked?

Shy-One:

young guys in the U.S.

I saw the range and was shocked . . . .But excuses accepted wink
Re: Age Diffenrence In Relationships. by kaymoney2(m): 9:33pm On Feb 24, 2011
Shy-One:

There were many, many times I wish this wasn't true

"I will never be without a man for a mate"

@ Shy-one I don hear you oo my sista I beg quickly work something out grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Women Use Facebook To Compete For Men And : : : / How To Spot A Gold Digger / 9 Signs It’s Time To End That Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.