Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,303 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

How To Spot A Gold Digger - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Spot A Gold Digger (1864 Views)

When A Gold-digger Is In A Relationship With A Gold-digger / My Experience With A Male Gold Digger / 10 Reasons Why A Woman Should Be A Gold Digger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Spot A Gold Digger by Mbeki: 4:24pm On Oct 11, 2011
Have you ever been suspicious that the person you are dating is more interested in your money than in you? If you are concerned about this and want to find out, here are some ideas to accomplish this and protect yourself before it is too late.

to be continued
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger by Mbeki: 4:29pm On Oct 11, 2011
Understand what a gold digger is, and is not. There's nothing wrong with a person being concerned about your financial stability. A long-term partnership means depending on each other through the ups and downs, and being financially reliable does help with that to a degree. The difference between a gold digger and someone who values your role as a provider is that the gold digger would deride and perhaps leave you if you lost your ability to provide for them financially. A good person can appreciate your financial resources, but a gold digger appreciates only that, and will not see the relationship as worthwhile if you're not well off.

to be continued,
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger by xynerise: 4:30pm On Oct 11, 2011
Kid, if u really want to excel in life, stay off drugs.
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger by Mbeki: 4:34pm On Oct 11, 2011
xynerise:

Thank you grandpa! the best advice I've received in ages grin grin grin
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger by Mbeki: 4:35pm On Oct 11, 2011
When they discuss their financial woes, suggest ways in which the suspected gold digger can make money fast. When you mention the possibility of them selling their luxury car, video console, guitar, diamond bracelet, or any other expensive item that could keep them from becoming homeless or having their utilities cut off or car repossessed, how do they respond? The average person will be saddened and may even become angry or upset, but a gold digger will be appalled at the very idea that they should have to give up their prized possessions in order to meet their own basic needs. They'll treat the idea as ludicrous.
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger by mashnino(m): 4:48pm On Oct 11, 2011
xynerise:

grandpa has said it all
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger by Mbeki: 4:54pm On Oct 11, 2011
mashnino:

grandpa has said it all

It's like u and grandpa are victims of gold digger, am just opening ur eyes
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger by xynerise: 6:00pm On Oct 11, 2011
^negative. I aint no victim. When we were young there was no blackberry. grin
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger by tellwisdom: 6:22pm On Oct 11, 2011
shocked shocked No wonder these gurls have been chew guming me all this while shocked shocked
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 11, 2011
@ Op de said you should stay off drugs and u're still smokin ciga. na wa o!
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger by mashnino(m): 9:24pm On Oct 11, 2011
tiniyata:

@ Op de said you should stay off drugs and u're still smokin ciga. na wa o!

lolz, dnt mind him, i dnt knw how many pple he wants to cheat
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger by MrsChima1(f): 9:27pm On Oct 11, 2011
MBJ and Koyoke will be here shortly to teach you snotty-nosed lads. lipsrsealed
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger by Freiburger(m): 10:33pm On Oct 11, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

MBJ and Koyoke will be here shortly to teach you snotty-nosed lads. lipsrsealed
grin grin
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger by freecocoa(f): 10:50pm On Oct 11, 2011
Op do you still have any drugs left?I need some please.
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger by MMM2(m): 10:53pm On Oct 11, 2011
op      if u have 2much money then u will know dat GOLD DIGGER dont exist
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger by MMM2(m): 10:57pm On Oct 11, 2011
yep; i can give u some drugs
freecocoa:

undecided
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger by Freiburger(m): 11:02pm On Oct 11, 2011
M M M:

I partly agree to this
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger by MMM2(m): 11:10pm On Oct 11, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ winkwinkwink
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger by r231(m): 2:25am On Oct 12, 2011
xynerise:

Lol grin grin
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger by Mbeki: 8:40pm On Oct 13, 2011
Sorry peeps, been taking my dopes n trying to get more insights for my research, any meaningful thinking comes from overactivation of the neural networks in the brain, so am back with more facts, but before I proceed, let me answer some folks
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger by Mbeki: 8:46pm On Oct 13, 2011
xynerise:

^negative. I aint no victim. When we were young there was no blackberry. grin

Really? even way back in time, gold diggers exist, maybe u ain't got what it takes to attract them, wink wink
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger by zealot4me(f): 8:50pm On Oct 13, 2011
exits thread>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 13, 2011
the signs are always clear however infatuation and lust can cloud our judgement.

that is what gold diggers of both sexes depend on to gain our hearts AND check books. tongue
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger by Mbeki: 9:03pm On Oct 13, 2011
M M M:

So gold diggers are experts in digging up the whole mine, don't think is those cheap babes u buy cheap designer cloths for from a cheap boutique that are gold diggers
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger by Mbeki: 9:05pm On Oct 13, 2011
freecocoa:

tell us the truth, the name is freecocaine not freecocoa, so I should be asking you of more drugs
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger by Mbeki: 9:07pm On Oct 13, 2011
Back to me research, enjoy

Look for a sense of entitlement. Gold diggers feel that they deserve to be treated well, and that includes knowing that someone is willing to spend money on them. Maybe it's because they had a bad childhood or relationship, and they feel they deserve to be happy (and it just so happens that their joy carries a high price tag). Or maybe they feel it's their right to be able to pursue their big dreams at the expense of financial stability, and, coincidentally, haven't considered who will foot the bill of their soul-searching. Have you noticed unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment? This sense of entitlement is one of the symptoms of narcissistic behavior, which has other symptoms that a potential gold digger might harbor:[1]
• grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
• preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
• believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
• requires excessive admiration
• lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
• often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger by Mbeki: 9:48pm On Oct 13, 2011
Ask them meaningful questions.
• What is the best gift they've ever gotten? Gold diggers will almost always cite an expensive, material object, not a uniquely personal and thoughtful gift.
• What's the biggest thing you ever had to give up to do or get something you really wanted? What you're searching for here is evidence of delayed gratification - the ability to give up something now so that you can achieve something greater, later. Gold diggers are notoriously spoiled or sheltered, and have never had to really wait, work, or struggle for what they want because somehow, someone was always there to help.
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger by xynerise: 10:31pm On Oct 13, 2011
^ I will advise u take B Complex and Ampiclox. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Typical, Or Disgrace To Nigerian Men? / Did She Still Love Me / Kenyan Women Are The Best

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.