Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,275 members, 7,839,371 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Why Do You Want To Get Married? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do You Want To Get Married? (6014 Views)

THIS Is The Best Age To Get Married (according To Science) / Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? / Why Do You Want To Get Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by elomi: 2:37pm On Dec 24, 2010
Because it is the right thing for any responsible and reasonable person should do. Except of course you are celibate.
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by deadie(m): 5:27pm On Dec 24, 2010
I don't at the moment, but I guess it would make economic sense to have a cook, cleaner, comforter, etc all in one and at the token price of a bride price for the rest of my life grin grin grin grin grin grin grin , come on ladies, it is only a joke smiley
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by sexylogan(m): 8:45pm On Dec 24, 2010
Because i'm tired of being happy. smiley
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by vescucci(m): 11:54pm On Dec 24, 2010
So that I can act in Tyler Perry's third installment of crapola
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by rejoice3: 4:01am On Dec 25, 2010
@Atreides
Because i wanna have kids. . Lets not deceive ourselves;love,companionship,blah blah blah are all well and good,but the main purpose of marriage is to start a family.

Absolute load of tosh! Does that mean if you can't get pregnant for some reasons after the marriage e.g your husband's got low or no spermatozoa count, you'd go out and get him a *bas.t.ar.d* child? If you miss the main purpose, then you're unlikely to have your thinking cap on in your quest for a child (at all cost). The main purpose is LOVE. If you love your partner, then the rest is 2ndry!
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by tunde247: 9:13am On Dec 25, 2010
not sure
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by Girl846(f): 9:34am On Dec 26, 2010
I'm tired of all these selfish boys that think they can come and chop and then go onto the next when they are tired.
I see this mindset in a lot of young men these days - one of the reasons I put dating on hold.

I want a man to love me enough to be able to declare his love for me before God and Society stating that he is willing to spend the rest of his life with me.
I want to fulfill the plans of God in my life because they were made for my benefit and not for my harm.
I want to have legitimate sex (don't believe in fornication) and have legitimate children.

There is beauty and blessings in marriage to the right person that a mere "committed relationship" cannot not have - even though some people are in denial of this fact. tongue
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by ochukoccna: 5:55pm On Dec 26, 2010
kodewrita:

Many reasons
1. Love
2.Companionship
3. Helper to assist in many tasks
4. Anatomical/Biological : Certain aspects of my anatomy are designed to fit into certain receptacles and the jigsaw must be assembled. enough said.
5. I need to complete the cycle and unleash the next set.
6. Consolidation of costs and Increase in earning capacity: Same roof, same pots, Same bed(most important), different income sources
7. Societal. So all you married people can stop stylishly reminding me with Married couples' fellowship, couples' night, married men meeting, Married & Responsible and countless other married excreta.
8. Peace of mind. So that my sisters, friends , MUM can stop match-making me with dumb girls with big b**bies.
GBAM!
Nothing more to add
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by bomly(f): 6:03pm On Dec 26, 2010
I read alot of funny reasons anyway its personal opinion, Well I think their is nothing as illegitimate kids, Well for me the simple reason why I want to get married is because it's inline with the word of God and also two heads are better than one, I hope I find the lucky Man, I know I will so no shaking
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by GoodBoi1(m): 9:17pm On Dec 26, 2010
'cos I think I don't have the grace to be celibate.
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by kanmi22(f): 4:32am On Dec 27, 2010
Because am in love, yep I AM!
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by daroz(m): 3:45pm On Dec 27, 2010
cos
1.its expected of me to get married as an adult
2. i need a help meet
3.i need to have some kids
4. i need a companion
5. i need to be complete(one of my rib is still out there) cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Make U Dislike A Guy Or Girl At First Sight / Topic completely hacked / Pussy Hole So Endless And Deep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.