Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

How Do I Let Him Down Gently - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Let Him Down Gently (1162 Views)

I Let Her Come To My Home Now She Is Mad At Me Because I Refused Her Sex! / Should I Forgive Him And Continue Dating Him, Or Should I Just Let Him Go? / I Refused To Let Him Take His New Babe To My House To Sleep With. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Let Him Down Gently by becool89(f): 4:14am On Jun 04, 2007
here's the thing, there is this guy dats a frend of mine, and he is sooo good to me, one of the nicest guys i know but i am not attracted to him physically, at all,undecided and i am not willing to settle for less, but he likes me and tells me all the time. i usually just ignore him when he says it and change the topic, but its really begining to strain our frendship. but he is a dear frend and i dnt want to lose our frendship over a silly schoolboy crush he has on me, so how do i let him down gently and still have him as a frend?
Re: How Do I Let Him Down Gently by SweetT1: 5:11am On Jun 04, 2007
@becool89
Introduce him to one of your female friends and tell him to try his luck with her. Trust me, he will get the picture and leave you the hell alone!
Re: How Do I Let Him Down Gently by sultaan(m): 6:11am On Jun 04, 2007
And five year down the line you will find out it was a very dumb decision.

Its better to love a friend than a stranger, he is still a friend even when the love is gone.
Re: How Do I Let Him Down Gently by 2dye4(m): 9:01am On Jun 04, 2007
@poster: i fe ur pain cos av bin in a similar situation. one advice i got from that situation was not to look @ every lady as a potential date or else i mite loose the chance of having them as great friends. pple come into our lives for different reasons and purposes and this is revealed in time, if this guy is meant to be your friend, trust me he will be the best u eva had but if u switch that for a relationship, it will be the worst time of both ur lives, u struggling to love and accept him as a boyfriend and the guy constantly dejected that u don't feel d same way.

let him know u appreciate him and all that he is to you but you guys will not connect perfectly like u do as friends if u go into a relatonship with him. all da best wink
Re: How Do I Let Him Down Gently by sillyboy(m): 12:28pm On Jun 04, 2007
@becool89. To be candid with you, I really can't dig you. I just hope is not that you've been encouraging the poor guy and telling him no at the same time. I've been in that guy's situation before, though I wasn't desperate about it.
@ topic. If you are in love with someone already, I'll say just don't take it too deep with him, you know, you can kiss, hug, smooch and get splocthy with him, but DON'T "fire" him! I f you ain't in love with nobody you can do everything plus "firing" him. Afterall he deserve to be compesated for being a stupid nice-nice guy whe he can see the handwriting on the wall.
Re: How Do I Let Him Down Gently by haywhy(m): 1:32pm On Jun 04, 2007
You as a lady do want attention & you must somehow enjoy his persistence wink but he does it too much

Don't stop doing the things that got him attracted to you wink but let him know you are best as friends but you'll let him meet your friends!

Let him meet them & its up to him! If still can't get any of your friends to at least be another friend, then he is not man enough & only wants to take advantage of your friendship!
Re: How Do I Let Him Down Gently by iice(f): 2:40pm On Jun 05, 2007
He is your friend. He must know the kind of person you are. The kind of guys you are attracted to (what attracts you). Since he didn't get the hint several times when you ignore him. A more direct approach i guess is needed (verbally) to hit the nail on the head. Let him know that you aren't attracted to him. But you think he is a great guy, just not the guy for you. You would hope that this doesnt alter you friendship but if he needs time to come to terms, you understand.
The last straw would be if he doesnt listen to you (as in absorb your words) but can only see what he wants to see, that is a different thing altogether.
Re: How Do I Let Him Down Gently by Nobody: 12:01am On Jun 06, 2007
Be careful though some people are friendly cos they hope to get u as lovers. If he is a true friend he'll understand when you tell him the truth. 'The truth shall set you free'
Re: How Do I Let Him Down Gently by luxoire(f): 12:26am On Jun 06, 2007
@poster
aint nothing like honesty, it hurts, but if he respects u as a person, then he'll know ur entilted to ur feelings and opinions, he'll hurt for a while, so try not to flaunt/discuss ur love life in front of him. but it's as easy as

LOOK, I APPRECIATE YOUR FRIENDSHIP, BUT I REALLY THINK U NEED TO KNOW THAT ALTHOUGH THEY SAY NEVER SAY NEVER, I DO NOT FIND YOU ATTRACTIVE AND I CAN'T DATE YOU. i'm going to be here for u if u should need me, but just so u know, that is how i feel. we've been skirting around it for sometime and don't try to think u can persuade me, cos my mind is made up!
Re: How Do I Let Him Down Gently by Iman3(m): 12:31am On Jun 06, 2007
The poor boy is stuck in the "friend zone" . grin No man wants to be in that zone.I doubt the friendship will survive.It will collapse although they can rebuild later in the future if she "lets him down gently"

@topic
Just follow Luxoire's advice
Re: How Do I Let Him Down Gently by fekuti: 1:01am On Jun 06, 2007
LOOK, I APPRECIATE YOUR FRIENDSHIP, BUT I REALLY THINK You NEED TO KNOW THAT ALTHOUGH THEY SAY NEVER SAY NEVER, I DO NOT FIND YOU ATTRACTIVE AND I CAN'T DATE YOU. i'm going to be here for u if u should need me, but just so u know, that is how i feel. we've been skirting around it for sometime and don't try to think u can persuade me, because my mind is made up!

don't say that, especially the part that's uncapitalized.
just tell him you're seeing someone else. if he keeps coming on then tell him, if he values your friendship he'll back off.
Re: How Do I Let Him Down Gently by luxoire(f): 1:06am On Jun 06, 2007
@fekuti
ohh yes, if they are THAT close, he'll know she aint seeing someone else, and heaven forbid he is the persistent type, just be straight up!, might sound like a bitch (but its only to his ego temporarily)
Re: How Do I Let Him Down Gently by fekuti: 1:08am On Jun 06, 2007
@fekuti
ohh yes, if they are THAT close, he'll know she aint seeing someone else, and heaven forbid he is the persistent type, just be straight up!, might sound like a bitch (but its only to his ego temporarily)
nah, you never f.uck with a guy's ego, all you'll do is create another playa/toto-fucker/woman-deceiver.
doesn't really matter how close they are, they can't be that close, he can't know eerthang that's going on with her. i still say don't do it. she might not suffer the consequence but another girl probably will.
Re: How Do I Let Him Down Gently by luxoire(f): 1:17am On Jun 06, 2007
well it depends anyway, it atkes a girl with guts to put it that way, and if she does, then i doubt she thinks about who else is gonna suffer for it.

although if truth be told, if he's hurt now, he will still shy away from having female 'freinds' that are close, and keep them at bay just in case

either way, the dude hurts
Re: How Do I Let Him Down Gently by haywhy(m): 1:19am On Jun 06, 2007
luxoire:

@poster
aint nothing like honesty, it hurts, but if he respects u as a person, then he'll know your entilted to your feelings and opinions, he'll hurt for a while, so try not to flaunt/discuss your love life in front of him. but it's as easy as

LOOK, I APPRECIATE YOUR FRIENDSHIP, BUT I REALLY THINK You NEED TO KNOW THAT ALTHOUGH THEY SAY NEVER SAY NEVER, I DO NOT FIND YOU ATTRACTIVE AND I CAN'T DATE YOU. i'm going to be here for u if u should need me, but just so u know, that is how i feel. we've been skirting around it for sometime and don't try to think u can persuade me, because my mind is made up!
Sweet trouble, I fear you ooo, lol grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Let Him Down Gently by luxoire(f): 1:21am On Jun 06, 2007
@haywhy
habaaaaaaa, y go go fia me now?, shebi na lie i yarn there?
Re: How Do I Let Him Down Gently by haywhy(m): 1:24am On Jun 06, 2007
No vex jare but I still fear una oooo! U be Ibo? grin grin
Re: How Do I Let Him Down Gently by luxoire(f): 1:26am On Jun 06, 2007
@haywhy
vex ke?, i dey hardly vex

hahah does my tribe matter?, or r u wishing i am ibo because u sef be ibo?
Re: How Do I Let Him Down Gently by haywhy(m): 1:28am On Jun 06, 2007
I fear u once again oooo! See as you twist am! U be FBI? U be Ibo? wink wink but i feel you oo
Re: How Do I Let Him Down Gently by luxoire(f): 1:30am On Jun 06, 2007
@haywhy
d way u don dey fear me, be like say make i dey fear myself ohh, lol, but u feel me abi?

give me 5 good reasons why my tribe matters, and i will tell u
Re: How Do I Let Him Down Gently by haywhy(m): 1:34am On Jun 06, 2007
U r an Igbo gurl! U know I'm right tongue tongue tongue
Re: How Do I Let Him Down Gently by luxoire(f): 1:47am On Jun 06, 2007
@hay
hahaha i'm too old in da game, da REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY thing, aint gonna work on me!

i shall not disclose my tribe, think of me as human being, better still a LADY
Re: How Do I Let Him Down Gently by haywhy(m): 1:51am On Jun 06, 2007
U be Sigmund Freud?, lol
But the thingy is I've seen some1 who knows you & you are Igbo, tongue tongue tongue
Re: How Do I Let Him Down Gently by luxoire(f): 1:56am On Jun 06, 2007
U've SEEN some1, who knows me?, hmmm i doubt the validity and credibility of that statement, if u've dreamt it, then sha believe anyone u please, what makes u so sure im iibo and not yoruba?, let alone hausa?
Re: How Do I Let Him Down Gently by haywhy(m): 1:59am On Jun 06, 2007
LUXOIRE IS IGBOOOOOOOOOOO tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue Sigmund freud, I aint joking, some1 who knows you told me!
Re: How Do I Let Him Down Gently by haywhy(m): 2:00am On Jun 06, 2007
I'm feeling sleepy now! So I'll catch ya later & don't 4get that I now know u r Igbo! tongue tongue tongue
Re: How Do I Let Him Down Gently by luxoire(f): 2:09am On Jun 06, 2007
night night, hay

and i actually happen to be a fan of Freud! grin, sleep tight

(1) (Reply)

Does She Really Love Me? / What Is D Cure For Love? / Sexy Girl Tests Your Lust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.