Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,125 members, 7,821,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) (69136 Views)

How I Was Almost Killed By Lightening While Charging My Phone!! / Things You Should Never Do While Charging Your Smartphone / Man's Phone Burnt After Answering Call While Charging It (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by Alkidam(m): 8:23am On Mar 11, 2020
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by sladimeji(m): 8:23am On Mar 11, 2020
RIP guy...this should be a lesson to everyone.
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by SweetCunt97(f): 8:23am On Mar 11, 2020
SUPERPACK:
I suspect murder or suicide here. How can a 5v USB electrocute a grown up human being, something I even put in my mouth. Even if the charger goes bad such wound looks out of it. Waiting for professionals to throw more light on the matter.
There's no Blood
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by Bukden16(m): 8:23am On Mar 11, 2020
Mhen...

Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by OlawaleBammie: 8:23am On Mar 11, 2020
Earpiece wil also start shocking person soon

9 Likes

Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by Nlearn: 8:24am On Mar 11, 2020
Bad
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by GIDIBANKZ(m): 8:24am On Mar 11, 2020
Na wa for fake charger oo
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by Skodiswayze(m): 8:24am On Mar 11, 2020
This is fuc*ing real, I experienced this sh*t last year.

My phone got burnt, i ran for my life.

Battery exploded and heated the screen from the back

1 Like

Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by SEGLIZ: 8:25am On Mar 11, 2020
AngryIgboMan:
I have said this before and I will repeat it again;

This man may have murdered and maybe a lighter used to burn and char his hand to make it look like a charger accident.

Research has proven it over and over again that the volts contained in a phone charger cannot kill a human being. Even, how many times have we seen were an electric current killed someone? Our impulses are designed in such a way that a single shock will jolt you away in a split second to keep you safe.

If not that Nigeria is a very useless country and an irredeemable zoo filled with very hopeless people in large proportions, a forensic department of the police will be able to discover many fingerprints on this man's body.

What am I even talking about. Do we even have a police force not to talk of the forensic department? They are busy running after yahoo boys who brings money! Hopeless nation who their criminal, irresponsible politicians have stolen away there past, present and future.

I rep your stand, except for that part you called Nigeria a zoo.
there is more to that incident than electrocution.
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by falcon01: 8:26am On Mar 11, 2020
punisha:

Sir we wouldn't know unless u try it and revert to us. Keep us posted pls.
it's impossible for a 5v to kill you because its just too low, touching it with your hand can't cause any shock.

3 Likes

Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by Ghostmode2two(m): 8:26am On Mar 11, 2020
This OP sha. Phone is in the Chest of the dead man and you showing his leg that got burnt. Hmmm
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by MoIbrahim: 8:27am On Mar 11, 2020
Because in Nigeria, every little thing comes across as a cover up.

Dottore:
Why am I having the feeling that the narrative sounds like a desperate cover up. What do I know. Rip to the dead sha.
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by Hoodbilonia: 8:28am On Mar 11, 2020
Men fuc k
I do this but not this. I always place my phone on top of my speaker.
Or to the floor.
If e too much to dey make man dey turn body.
i go vex disconect from power .
charge power bank sleep.
Place phone for body. My body no be magnet na
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 8:29am On Mar 11, 2020
He is a very stupid man, he was busy waiting for that girl to reply his messages via charging his run down battery and eventually slept off to death.

Even girls can't do this nonsense why a grown up man like him.

5 Likes

Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by brightology3: 8:30am On Mar 11, 2020
SUPERPACK:
I suspect murder or suicide here. How can a 5v USB electrocute a grown up human being, something I even put in my mouth. Even if the charger goes bad such wound looks out of it. Waiting for professionals to throw more light on the matter.
my observation too.
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 8:30am On Mar 11, 2020
believe this at your own damnation

chargers give out 1 to 3 amp which is not enough to even shock let alone kill....shock starts from 30 amp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by BonPatrick(m): 8:31am On Mar 11, 2020
My brother God bless you I don't believe that story is not possible
SUPERPACK:
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by woleabayo(f): 8:31am On Mar 11, 2020
may his soul rest in peace
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by Namzy(m): 8:32am On Mar 11, 2020
Lol 5v killing someone? Abeg tell me something different

1 Like

Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by Pasprof27(m): 8:33am On Mar 11, 2020
This looks like murder to me. Every other is just like a cover up.
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by XhosaNostra(f): 8:33am On Mar 11, 2020
Cavallari:
Sad!
But I don't get why they pulled off his trousers.

People poop & pee on themselves when they die. It's the body's final "release". So it could be why they're removing his pants.

1 Like

Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by MartinsD12(m): 8:33am On Mar 11, 2020
ExAngel007:
A Nigerian man simply identified as Barisuka,
has died after he got electrocuted while
charging his phone in his home in Port
Harcourt, the Rivers state capital on Monday
March 9th.

A friend of the deceased, Emmanuel Alagiri Jnr,
who shared the story online, said the deceased
who is his neighbor, was charging his phone,
placed it on his body and slept off. It was later
discovered that he was electrocuted in the
process.

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=210519050302891&id=100040343921755&refid=17&ref=opera_speed_dial&_ft_=mf_story_key.210519050302891%3Aog_action_id.210519053636224%3Atop_level_post_id.210519050302891%3Atl_objid.210519050302891%3Acontent_owner_id_new.100040343921755%3Athrowback_story_fbid.210519050302891%3Aphoto_attachments_list.%5B210515770303219%2C210515810303215%2C210515750303221%2C210515846969878%5D%3Astory_location.4%3Astory_attachment_style.album%3Athid.100040343921755%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1585724399%3A-6311669226599943049&__tn__=%2As-R
Rip to the dead but USB cable with 5v current cannot cause electrocution, the story is not true, electrical engineers in the house should tell us if really a USB 5 voltage can electrocute one to dead

4 Likes

Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by SEGLIZ: 8:34am On Mar 11, 2020
ednut1:
1000 ways to die

phone voltage isn't one of then, just too remote to be. except village people don put hand.

2 Likes

Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by Namzy(m): 8:34am On Mar 11, 2020
SweetCunt97:
There's no Blood
Could have been strangled, poisoned or even died from natural causes and the 'friends' not wanting story cooked up this nonsense

1 Like

Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by Dottore: 8:34am On Mar 11, 2020
MoIbrahim:
Because in Nigeria, every little thing comes across as a cover up.

Does the narrative sound logical to you? Just asking
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by 9jaPromo(f): 8:34am On Mar 11, 2020
Rip
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by 042icloud(m): 8:34am On Mar 11, 2020
They should just find another lie to tell the deceased family. the current that passes through a usb cord is just 5v and cannot kill anybody

2 Likes

Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by trentslawson(m): 8:37am On Mar 11, 2020
If you understand Science you will know we also have Some sort of energy known as human energy field , So Im not Surprise If Both energy meets'
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:37am On Mar 11, 2020
This is not the work of village pipu. It's carelessness
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by mamaafrik(m): 8:37am On Mar 11, 2020
It's only in Nigeria that you will hear that a 5v,2--3amp charger killed someone,they have poisoned the guy now use his arm to strike a hot iron rod con they give us sakamanje tales by moonlight,eyin omo yi eesi beru oloun.

1 Like

Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by SweetCunt97(f): 8:38am On Mar 11, 2020
Namzy:

Could have been strangled, poisoned or even died from natural causes and the 'friends' not wanting story cooked up this nonsense
So what about the arm wound? Looks like a burn... Perhaps electricity coursed through his body and busted from there
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by panch001(m): 8:38am On Mar 11, 2020
SUPERPACK:
For your information a killer voltage is just 0.5v AC. So small breach from the circuit of the charger can kill person.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See Ntel Data Plans: Bundle Sizes, Prices And Supported Devices / How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 / Airtel Free Call Codes [100minutes Free]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.