Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,909 members, 7,821,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) (69134 Views)

How I Was Almost Killed By Lightening While Charging My Phone!! / Things You Should Never Do While Charging Your Smartphone / Man's Phone Burnt After Answering Call While Charging It (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 2:19pm On Mar 11, 2020
ExAngel007:
A Nigerian man simply identified as Barisuka,
has died after he got electrocuted while
charging his phone in his home in Port
Harcourt, the Rivers state capital on Monday
March 9th.

A friend of the deceased, Emmanuel Alagiri Jnr,
who shared the story online, said the deceased
who is his neighbor, was charging his phone,
placed it on his body and slept off. It was later
discovered that he was electrocuted in the
process.

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=210519050302891&id=100040343921755&refid=17&ref=opera_speed_dial&_ft_=mf_story_key.210519050302891%3Aog_action_id.210519053636224%3Atop_level_post_id.210519050302891%3Atl_objid.210519050302891%3Acontent_owner_id_new.100040343921755%3Athrowback_story_fbid.210519050302891%3Aphoto_attachments_list.%5B210515770303219%2C210515810303215%2C210515750303221%2C210515846969878%5D%3Astory_location.4%3Astory_attachment_style.album%3Athid.100040343921755%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1585724399%3A-6311669226599943049&__tn__=%2As-R

A cell phone cannot electrocute a human being
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by Breastfeed: 2:43pm On Mar 11, 2020
NightFood:

So sad, Rip to him. That's why is good you use phone that the battery can last and that can charge fast. Phones like tecno, iPhone etc

Please which of the Tecno phones have a very good battery that can last for 3 days? Am interested
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by WonderManly(m): 2:55pm On Mar 11, 2020
RIP to him.
I can't just believed this story is true. Because how can a DC current electrocute/electrocuted someone. I can only agreed if it was AC current. I suspected murder. Quote me!
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by nsiba: 3:20pm On Mar 11, 2020
Believe this u will believe anything

Nairaland mods becoming more and more useless
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by yeman1(m): 3:23pm On Mar 11, 2020
Pls what type of phone is that?
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by donMIG(m): 3:38pm On Mar 11, 2020
This one na from village them do am
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by SUPERPACK: 3:41pm On Mar 11, 2020
panch001:

For your information a killer voltage is just 0.5v AC. So small breach from the circuit of the charger can kill person.
the body can resist 0.5v AC, the harmful aspect is the current.
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by ma373733(m): 3:44pm On Mar 11, 2020
AngryIgboMan:
I have said this before and I will repeat it again;

This man may have murdered and maybe a lighter used to burn and char his hand to make it look like a charger accident.

Research has proven it over and over again that the volts contained in a phone charger cannot kill a human being. Even, how many times have we seen were an electric current killed someone? Our impulses are designed in such a way that a single shock will jolt you away in a split second to keep you safe.

If not that Nigeria is a very useless country and an irredeemable zoo filled with very hopeless people in large proportions, a forensic department of the police will be able to discover many fingerprints on this man's body.

What am I even talking about. Do we even have a police force not to talk of the forensic department? They are busy running after yahoo boys who brings money! Hopeless nation who their criminal, irresponsible politicians have stolen away there past, present and future.

Wait wait wait o you made sense
Its true. one thing I know is that the current the charger cable can carry is only AC current which carries 1-3Volts which canot kill a fly

If it actually equipment like electric iron and other ones that use DC current maybe I will agree this AC current killing no!

Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by SamOyovwi: 4:13pm On Mar 11, 2020
Heat dey worry the dead
Cavallari:
Sad!
But I don't get why they pulled off his trousers.
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by TinyHacker: 4:23pm On Mar 11, 2020
alramon:
believe this at your own damnation

chargers give out 1 to 3 amp which is not enough to even shock let alone kill....shock starts from 30 amp
it's even too small for CPR shock treatment
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by DandyWalker(m): 4:45pm On Mar 11, 2020
interesting. So the first person to see him took a picture first (while the phone was on him) before checking if he was dead or not? Or after confirming he was dead, they were petty enough to put the phone back just to take a shot?

Unfortunately, this kind of case would never be investigated.

All the same, RIP to him.

Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by panch001(m): 4:50pm On Mar 11, 2020
NinjaMetahuman:
bullshit

A breach in the circuit will burn and destroy the charger. It won't increase its voltage that will turn around and kill you.

Its like saying some breach in car engine can make the engine run 1000km/h when the maximum speed of the engine is 230km/h.
May be u need to look up how those chinko phone chargers are made and how diodes behave when burnt they instantly becomes conductors.
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by gouken2: 4:58pm On Mar 11, 2020
I know it's all these TECNO phones
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by Neddyogu(m): 5:02pm On Mar 11, 2020
Murder
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 5:05pm On Mar 11, 2020
Ogoni witchraft attack.
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by Bahddo(m): 5:42pm On Mar 11, 2020
1) charger bricks supply direct current (DC).
2) Charger DC cannot electrocute anyone. With DC, you need really really high voltage to cause electrocution. Most chargers are 5V DC and perhaps 3A max (18 watts total).
3) Wires have a current and voltage threshold, and they would burn the insulation if it passes. I can't see the burnt cable in the pics.
4) If enough current to kill a man manages to reach the phone battery, it would cause it to explode.

Someone killed that guy and tried to pass it off as an unintentional electrocution from his charging phone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by EkelediliBuhari: 5:43pm On Mar 11, 2020
From the way his hands were folded, he was electrocuted... No bodily harm seen so far
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by Bahddo(m): 5:48pm On Mar 11, 2020
ma373733:

Wait wait wait o you made sense
Its true. one thing I know is that the current the charger cable can carry is only AC current which carries 1-3Volts which canot kill a fly

If it actually equipment like electric iron and other ones that use DC current maybe I will agree this AC current killing no!
You are mixing them up bro, phone chargers convert AC from PHCN and your generators into DC that the charging panel of the phone can use.
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by Lordave: 5:57pm On Mar 11, 2020
Why is the Charger not burnt?

He was murdered, and the man with the updates is the number 1 suspect.

1 Like

Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by Boyooosa(m): 6:33pm On Mar 11, 2020
It was the cable not the phone.
Well, one needs to avoid charging phone on the body anyway....lesson learnt.
May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by Ibroleesky(m): 7:03pm On Mar 11, 2020
it's nt possible d only charger which can b able to do that is an iPhone charger cause of d amp nd d voltage, nd it can happen only when u just finish taken ur bath,
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by wayitis: 9:02pm On Mar 11, 2020
Hmmmmm, his skin is burnt but the USB cable isn't. Food for thought.
A phone charger that generates less than 2amps DC cannot electrocute man.

1 Like

Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by Eddygre8(m): 9:40pm On Mar 11, 2020
May God keep us
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by Ivebeenbanned(f): 10:02pm On Mar 11, 2020
AngryIgboMan:

This man may have murdered and maybe a lighter used to burn and char his hand to make it look like a charger accident.

Research has proven it over and over again that the volts contained in a phone charger cannot kill a human being. Even, how many times have we seen were an electric current killed someone? Our impulses are designed in such a way that a single shock will jolt you away in a split second to keep you safe.

If not that Nigeria is a very useless country and an irredeemable zoo filled with very hopeless people in large proportions, a forensic department of the police will be able to discover many fingerprints on this man's body.

What am I even talking about. Do we even have a police force not to talk of the forensic department? They are busy running after yahoo boys who brings money! Hopeless nation who their criminal, irresponsible politicians have stolen away there past, present and future.
Just two weeks ago, a friend of mine died after coming in contact with cable pole( from what I heard) the type made of iron(or steel? Not sure). When I was younger we had that type of pole and sometimes we subconsciously rest our hand on it but it never killed anybody. I did a little research and found out that it depends on the path the electric shock takes. If it passe through you nerves to your heart, it would kill you... I'm not cleared on it though. Or maybe it our immune system?
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by Hhenryy: 6:53am On Mar 12, 2020
SUPERPACK:
I suspect murder or suicide here. How can a 5v USB electrocute a grown up human being, something I even put in my mouth. Even if the charger goes bad such wound looks out of it. Waiting for professionals to throw more light on the matter.

AngryIgboMan:

As an Electrical/Electronics Engineer, I won't rule out the possibility.

Yeah, 5V cannot kill but leakages do occur. The transformerless design employed in phone chargers nowadays does not completely isolate the mains (240V) from the output (5V). Some of the diodes and other components may fail, causing the mains supply to leak.

Transformerless designs are portable and lightweight but one of its disadvantages is the possibility of HV leakage. This doesn't happen in older transformer designs because the transformer completely isolates the mains supply from the output. But they are usually bulky and not easy to carry around.
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by sagieramos(m): 9:27am On Mar 12, 2020
falcon01:
it's impossible for a 5v to kill you because its just too low, touching it with your hand can't cause any shock.

Fake and transformer-less charger only uses capacitor and resistors to stepdown at the primary circuit.

If one of the terminals of the capacitor from the secondary circuit is disconnected or has partial contact either from fall or impart of the charger, this can cause mutual inductance from the primary to the secondary circuit; the secondary circuit is where the standard 5VDC is regulated.

And if this happens, the standard 220VAC from the primary circuit flows into the USB and result to electrocution
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by sagieramos(m): 9:36am On Mar 12, 2020
alramon:
believe this at your own damnation

chargers give out 1 to 3 amp which is not enough to even shock let alone kill....shock starts from 30 amp

0.5 amps is enough to kill anyone if there is enough voltage to push the current into the body. This can only happen if there is mutual inductance within the charger primary and secondary circuit.

Avoid transformer-less charger to reduce the risk of being electrocuted by charging your phone
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by sagieramos(m): 9:56am On Mar 12, 2020
mctfopt:

30A won't shock you it'll burn you!

grin
Ordinary 15Amps wey dey melt iron not to talk of 30Amps
30amps go rost-am including in bones
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by mykel25(m): 10:27pm On Mar 13, 2020
SUPERPACK:
I suspect murder or suicide here. How can a 5v USB electrocute a grown up human being, something I even put in my mouth. Even if the charger goes bad such wound looks out of it. Waiting for professionals to throw more light on the matter.

Same thing I’m thinking .... it seems so impossible ..... forensic test should be carried out

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See Ntel Data Plans: Bundle Sizes, Prices And Supported Devices / How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 / Airtel Free Call Codes [100minutes Free]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.