Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) (69137 Views)

How I Was Almost Killed By Lightening While Charging My Phone!! / Things You Should Never Do While Charging Your Smartphone / Man's Phone Burnt After Answering Call While Charging It (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by airprinz(m): 8:38am On Mar 11, 2020
I think there are some stories we need not to believe anymore on this thread. This is an example of it
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by stasius: 8:38am On Mar 11, 2020
Why is the body not charred?
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by victorazyvictor(m): 8:38am On Mar 11, 2020
SUPERPACK:
I suspect murder or suicide here. How can a 5v USB electrocute a grown up human being, something I even put in my mouth. Even if the charger goes bad such wound looks out of it. Waiting for professionals to throw more light on the matter.

Though there is sense in what you presume BUT empirical thesis told us that about or more than 80% of human brain shotdown when we are asleep. So don't expect 5v not to kill man asleep.
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by Realtalk20: 8:40am On Mar 11, 2020
Must be a tecno or infinix phone

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by wildlife9999(m): 8:41am On Mar 11, 2020
this is game plan why his cloth wasn't burn .I believed this guy poison or injected with drug. current in a charger is 5v that applicable to tigers battery which is 5v 5A
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 11, 2020
Something here just seems fishy.

But to be safe, I make sure to never charge my phone overnight
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by Erastuslove: 8:42am On Mar 11, 2020
If that cable does not have a leakage, then suspicious will be the final end of the story....
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:42am On Mar 11, 2020
SUPERPACK:
I suspect murder or suicide here. How can a 5v USB electrocute a grown up human being, something I even put in my mouth. Even if the charger goes bad such wound looks out of it. Waiting for professionals to throw more light on the matter.

To achieve 5v it is rectified then regulated. You will notice the type of charger being used is the ₦150 type, very cheap unsafe technology used and possibly resulted in 220v being passed to his phone. I am certain if the phone is checked, it is also damaged.

6 Likes

Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by xrayj(m): 8:44am On Mar 11, 2020
falcon01:
is the voltage of a phone charger enough to kill a Human?
NO
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by blowjohn(m): 8:46am On Mar 11, 2020
SweetCunt97:
There's no Blood

Sweet cunt. Uh wheee

1 Like

Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by lonelydora: 8:50am On Mar 11, 2020
ExAngel007:
A Nigerian man simply identified as Barisuka,
has died after he got electrocuted while
charging his phone in his home in Port
Harcourt, the Rivers state capital on Monday
March 9th.

A friend of the deceased, Emmanuel Alagiri Jnr,
who shared the story online, said the deceased
who is his neighbor, was charging his phone,
placed it on his body and slept off. It was later
discovered that he was electrocuted in the
process.

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=210519050302891&id=100040343921755&refid=17&ref=opera_speed_dial&_ft_=mf_story_key.210519050302891%3Aog_action_id.210519053636224%3Atop_level_post_id.210519050302891%3Atl_objid.210519050302891%3Acontent_owner_id_new.100040343921755%3Athrowback_story_fbid.210519050302891%3Aphoto_attachments_list.%5B210515770303219%2C210515810303215%2C210515750303221%2C210515846969878%5D%3Astory_location.4%3Astory_attachment_style.album%3Athid.100040343921755%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1585724399%3A-6311669226599943049&__tn__=%2As-R

I am forced to take this story with a pinch of salt.
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by magzey: 8:50am On Mar 11, 2020
punisha:

Sir we wouldn't know unless u try it and revert to us. Keep us posted pls.
Gwamm!!!!
You get wisdom bros grin grin grin
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by skyfather09(m): 8:53am On Mar 11, 2020
Lwkmd.... jah make wetin we buy with our money no kill us!
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by LowerPriceData0(m): 8:59am On Mar 11, 2020
So Sad
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by Topmaike007(m): 9:00am On Mar 11, 2020
SUPERPACK:
something no go allow you see am I have been electrocuted like this once through USB cable I was using Tecno t605 then around 2013 all thanks to God that my Friend was there in time to switch off the control switch

4 Likes

Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by Topmaike007(m): 9:01am On Mar 11, 2020
Cavallari:
Sad!
But I don't get why they pulled off his trousers.
I guess they want to bath him and dress him up for burial
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by johnkey: 9:02am On Mar 11, 2020
SUPERPACK:
in yoruba when someone gets electrocuted they say 'o ti gan pa', you know why? the body gets stiffed in the same position it was at the time of the electric shock that's why he's neck is that way.
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by dangoteinlaw: 9:02am On Mar 11, 2020
If we mention android now they will clme for our heads telling us how thy can costumize their wall papers and ringtones. For the past 12yeard iphones put a separate hardware button just to put ur fone to silence, it looks ordinary but it's not.

1 Like

Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by Topmaike007(m): 9:03am On Mar 11, 2020
AngryIgboMan:
I have said this before and I will repeat it again;

This man may have murdered and maybe a lighter used to burn and char his hand to make it look like a charger accident.

Research has proven it over and over again that the volts contained in a phone charger cannot kill a human being. Even, how many times have we seen were an electric current killed someone? Our impulses are designed in such a way that a single shock will jolt you away in a split second to keep you safe.

If not that Nigeria is a very useless country and an irredeemable zoo filled with very hopeless people in large proportions, a forensic department of the police will be able to discover many fingerprints on this man's body.

What am I even talking about. Do we even have a police force not to talk of the forensic department? They are busy running after yahoo boys who brings money! Hopeless nation who their criminal, irresponsible politicians have stolen away there past, present and future.
oga the thing Don chock me once around 7 years ago since then I Don dey fear phone

1 Like

Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by Topmaike007(m): 9:04am On Mar 11, 2020
durubennie:
Big fat lie. A cover up
it might be true because I have witness something like that before that it was my friend that helped me that day

1 Like

Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by dangoteinlaw: 9:05am On Mar 11, 2020
Realtalk20:
Must be a tecno or infinix phone
grin grin bottom line its an android phone. If an iPhone kills someone then someone is definitely loosing their job and possibly risk going to prison that's why they always put safety first

3 Likes

Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by Skmoda360(m): 9:10am On Mar 11, 2020
cRobo:
Did he really die?
he is currently sleeping undecided
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by MoIbrahim: 9:13am On Mar 11, 2020
Dottore:

Does the narrative sound logical to you? Just asking

What part of the narrative sounds illogical to you?
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by deavicky(m): 9:13am On Mar 11, 2020
I don't even know why he should be charging his phone on his chest.
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by jaxxy(m): 9:16am On Mar 11, 2020
falcon01:

No The DC current of 12v max for the chargers can’t electrocute a person bt If the Ac/Dc conversion system is faulty the raw Ac current with voltage of 200v cud find it way to the charging cable and the fone. That’s might be the only possible way bt very rare unless the charger has factory faults.

1 Like

Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 9:16am On Mar 11, 2020
People don't understand that the human body is good conductor of electric current.
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by fineboynl(m): 9:18am On Mar 11, 2020
some of those fake Chinese charger supplied some crazy current.
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by risos(m): 9:18am On Mar 11, 2020
falcon01:

Voltage cannot kill, it is the current passing through your body that kills.

Any current above 100 mA can kill. That is 0.1A.
Check the ratings on your charger then answer your question by yourself.
Please create awareness, most people don't know about this and it could cost a life.

2 Likes

Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 9:19am On Mar 11, 2020
Skmoda360:

he is currently sleeping undecided

Nice pun.
Re: Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) by Geesaintagape: 9:23am On Mar 11, 2020
This has become common occurrence in the world yet people will not learn.
RIP to him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See Ntel Data Plans: Bundle Sizes, Prices And Supported Devices / How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 / Airtel Free Call Codes [100minutes Free]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.