Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,001 members, 7,825,102 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller (70008 Views)

Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi / Eta Mbora Introduces Bill On Automatic Employment For Graduates After NYSC / Senator Omo-Agege Introduces Bill To Amend Electoral Act (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by boxypane(m): 5:34pm On Mar 11, 2020
Unpatriotic people people that parade as leaders. Have they made electricity available before banning generators.
More so, generating sets is for backup purpose.
Bunch of backward thinkers.
They will still promote a bill banning condoms.
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Skepticus: 5:35pm On Mar 11, 2020
martowskin1:
Mad people, look at the idiots u all voted into power. When we tell u is not about party, some of u won't listen

Aswear!

The same foolish voters are gearing up to vote more idiots in Edo and Ondo States later this year!

1 Like

Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by anonymous1759(m): 5:35pm On Mar 11, 2020
Femich18:

You are funny. The Govt. has failed the people in the aspect of providing power. Why not provide stable electricity and see the drastic reduction in the use of Generators by coop bodies and individual homes? Why putting the cart before the horse?

To be sincere the only way Nigeria can get over this mess is when the ruling class and the masses start feeling the same thing. Do you think if the president, vice president, senators and house rep members kids attend Nigeria institutions ASUU will be going on strike every week? If not for cabals holding the electricity of this country we generate 4000 but distribute 3000. The reason why the Government is not bothered is because they've stable Gen at home.

Nigeria don't have her own refinery yet because some people don't want us too in other to steal while they claim to export to refine it. Until strict rules like this are put in place nothing positive will happen in Nigeria.

I doubt if the bill will scale through and if it does are the Elites going to abide by it? Because in Nigeria some people are bigger than the law. If the law will be enforceable to all drastic changes will be made but It'll be very difficult for Nigerians to adapt.

1 Like

Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by chegbe1104: 5:37pm On Mar 11, 2020
I think this is a good bill. This is because there are so many importers of generators that would do everything possible to frustrate every effort by FG to steadily improve electricity supply nation wide. But with the ban, everybody will sit up, including FG, electricity supply contractors, and every other person in the value chain. Even the ordinary people will begin to ask questions and in a short while, 24/7 electricity will be achieved. But as it is presently, I do not see us achieving 24/7 electricity because many people have alternative and do not care. Don't forget necessity is the mother of invention.
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Agugbadin: 5:39pm On Mar 11, 2020
Born2Breed:
Make solar affordable

In Nigeria solar is not working because of low quality batteries found in Nigeria market.
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by olakintanj(m): 5:40pm On Mar 11, 2020
Why not fix electricity issue first before placing ban on generator.
This bill is a bad market for oil companies
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Agugbadin: 5:41pm On Mar 11, 2020
chegbe1104:
I think this is a good bill. This is because there are so many importers of generators that would do everything possible to frustrate every effort by FG to steadily improve electricity supply nation wide. But with the ban, everybody will sit up, including FG, electricity supply contractors, and every other person in the value chain. Even the ordinary people will begin to ask questions and in a short while, 24/7 electricity will be achieved. But as it is presently, I do not see us achieving 24/7 electricity because many people have alternative and do not care. Don't forget necessity is the mother of invention.

What about importers of low quality inverter batteries
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Burruchaga71(m): 5:41pm On Mar 11, 2020
Y using generator when there is electricity.. Ndiara
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by MRV101(m): 5:41pm On Mar 11, 2020
Bunch of useless people called law makers, you're banning generator when your government doesn't have policies to improve electricity consumption.
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Nobody: 5:42pm On Mar 11, 2020
Righteousness89:
FATHER, Bless Me this Senator!
This will be Wonderful if it passes ..

But I doubt it! The Wickedness in Nigeria leadership is too much...

I hope they SUPRISE me and Pass this Bill!

Modified: Its Clear that A whole lot of Nigerians have been made not to know the source of their Problems..

Make una continue oooo
See ehn its not by magic a 70something retired general whose younger sis is about 80something is the president, most people here are just narrow-minded and can not even comprehend a simple bill as this, if they ban generator we would die...no one is talking of the part that concerns developing the power sector...nigerians dont think...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Gadaluck(m): 5:44pm On Mar 11, 2020
About fcking time...... angry
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Omolomo4eva(m): 5:44pm On Mar 11, 2020
slickbak:

Hmmmm smh, it shall be well with you.
Meaning...
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Nobody: 5:46pm On Mar 11, 2020
CSTR2:

Generators is not the reason why you have poor power.

If you allow these Mad Men to ban generator, you have succeeded in not only decimating your economy, but have also reduce Your Own standard of living significantly.

And I can bet that you can't stop this same senator from using generator.
it's absolute madness grin ridiculous and like you have rightly asserted, no one can stop the stupid senator from using his generator.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Collins4u1(m): 5:47pm On Mar 11, 2020
Idiot fix light before you ban.

You don't ban without putting another working measure in place
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by sisisioge: 5:47pm On Mar 11, 2020
grin grin grin grin

Shouldn't they outlaw shortage of electricity first? Them fit kuku pass the bill like Lagos threw all into trekking spree! Awon ndi ara!
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by NickD(m): 5:48pm On Mar 11, 2020
Righteousness89:
FATHER, Bless Me this Senator!
This will be Wonderful if it passes ..

But I doubt it! The Wickedness in Nigeria leadership is too much...

I hope they SUPRISE me and Pass this Bill!

Modified: Its Clear that A whole lot of Nigerians have been made not to know the source of their Problems..

Make una continue oooo
ban it and rely on what? Putting the cart before the horse mentality.
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by slickbak(m): 5:49pm On Mar 11, 2020
Omolomo4eva:
Meaning...
I've delivered you from your naive thought.
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Dollabiz: 5:49pm On Mar 11, 2020
Jokers I guess they will use the money they stole from the covers to power the the country darkness
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Nobody: 5:50pm On Mar 11, 2020
How did this goon become a senator? grin
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Burruchaga71(m): 5:50pm On Mar 11, 2020
Baddestguyp:
I actually support this bill...trust me if it gets passed in 6 months our electricity will improve so much...
A lot of companies both foreign and Nigerian rely so much on power supply...there will be so much pressure on the govt to fix the power sector...we Nigerians will just have to endure for a few months and you'll be shocked at the improvement in the power sector
Mumu talk
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by NADESMAN: 5:51pm On Mar 11, 2020
It is a welcome developments. Our problem is that we do not have good implementation plans.

Believe you me, if we can have steady power supply for 18 hours every day what do we need generators for?

Come to my area you no go hear word because of too many generators disturbing at the same time.

A compound where we have 10 generators powered at the same time(in the evening as there will be football match today come and see)

So, our government should do the needful first by stabilizing power supply.
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by rolams(m): 5:54pm On Mar 11, 2020
This white beard man is crazy. Maybe he contested from abroad. He doesn't stay in Nigeria, as such, he should not have won the election. He has nothing to offer in that house.

He is a disgrace to his constituency. He should be recalled!
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Omolomo4eva(m): 5:55pm On Mar 11, 2020
slickbak:

I've delivered you from your naive thought.
Me I support uninterrupted light, wats wrong with that?
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by maasoap(m): 5:57pm On Mar 11, 2020
CSTR2:
The IQ of the north is too low even for African standards.
A country whose economy is generator powered wants to ban generator.

These same northern senators are the clowns sponsoring ludicrous bills like social media bill, immunity for lawmakers bill and other nonsense bills.

Abeg,these people too dull. They cannot develop this country in a thousand years.

Such almajiri like thinking cannot work in this fast paced 21st century.

Stop insulting the whole region. Only if you knew how this kind of generalisation portray you.

1 Like

Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by doublestar21(m): 5:58pm On Mar 11, 2020
CSTR2:
The IQ of the north is too low even for African standards.
A country whose economy is generator powered wants to ban generator.

These same northern senators are the clowns sponsoring ludicrous bills like social media bill, immunity for lawmakers bill and other nonsense bills.

Abeg,these people too dull. They cannot develop this country in a thousand years.

Such almajiri like thinking cannot work in this fast paced 21st century.
GOD BLESS YOU.
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Thonee(m): 5:59pm On Mar 11, 2020
These guys are animals in human skin, ban generator ko, Air pollution Ni.
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Orila67: 5:59pm On Mar 11, 2020
Realadey:
This man dey craze Sha,u want to ban generator,where is your govt doing with electricity?
Abi o, I think a right thinking person should think of fixing the power problem first, if that is done who will buy gen set.
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Akile1: 6:01pm On Mar 11, 2020
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Finest641(f): 6:01pm On Mar 11, 2020
With una yeye epileptic power supply
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Empiree: 6:02pm On Mar 11, 2020
Realadey:
This man dey craze Sha,u want to ban generator,where is your govt doing with electricity?
guy, be reasonable. This is step forward. Be forward thinker, please.

Following the ban, this should force solar price down and subsequently force govt to improve electricity. I learned this morning that power outage is uncommon in the North. That northerners take the streets to protest NEPA if they should ever take the light. This shows that the North know their rights compared to the so called educated SW. Politicians in the SW are greedy moda4kas
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by slickbak(m): 6:02pm On Mar 11, 2020
Omolomo4eva:
Me I support uninterrupted light, wats wrong with that?
They want to stop use and sale of generator not give uninterrupted light.
If there is uninterrupted light will you buy generator?
Why don't they give us uninterrupted light so that generators phase out. Do we really need a law for forces of demand and supply
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by zakir007(m): 6:02pm On Mar 11, 2020
martowskin1:
Mad people, look at the idiots u all voted into power. When we tell u is not about party, some of u won't listen
Namby-pamby chucklehead what is the difference between the two party lawmakers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Tee Mac: Tinubu Is My In-Law, He’s 86, Not Fit To Run Nigeria / Yusuf Buhari And Zahra Wedding Reception Venue (Video) / Photos Of Funny Looks In Today Reflection Of Apc Decides

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.