Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,155 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? (6296 Views)

What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? / Can Submission Really Keeps A Man? / Trust: The Fuel That Keeps A Marriage Running (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by GreatResearcher: 1:19pm On Mar 15, 2020
I have a friend. A L/cpl in Nigerian Army who earns N55k monthly. He is married to a lady and the marriage has produced a cute lovely daughter who would be 5yrs this year. This guy is always happy around his wife. Every time he posts pics on SM, It's always pics of them cuddling together. They act like couple who are just new in a relationship. Each time I pay them visit, they are just lovable. The lady is not working. They both survive with 55k monthly and are happy together.

Last week I went to they guy and asked him how he's able to keep a lady in marriage even when he earns little. His response: "Prince, money doesn't keep a lady. If it does, people like Tiger Woods would keep one. Marriage is not something you rush into. Study the lady you want to marry to know if she's right for you. My wife and I dated for more than 6years. During our years of dating, we studied each other very well and decided that we are fit for each other. Your mistake was jumping into marriage".

STAYING LONG IN COURTSHIP TO STUDY YOUR PARTNER. hmm

Going through threads here, I saw a thread which contradicts his submission.

I saw a thread were a retired Army Gen who was a former Oyo state military governor said when he wanted to marry, he met a friend and told her to get him a wife. And her friend brought a young lady to him and the got married. No dating or whatsoever. The marriage lasted till 2016 when his wife died.
I am really confused.

Please I want to really know what keeps a woman in marriage.

Asking for future purpose

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by Aboks(m): 1:23pm On Mar 15, 2020
What worked for others might not work for you just pray for God's help in finding a good wife

Love and understanding will help your marriage
It's not all about the money

Like mine we dated for only six months

We are eight years now with two kids

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 15, 2020
How strong the man is. If the man commands the respect of his home, and wields his authority firmly but with wisdom, the marriage will last. If he is weak and servile towards his wife; as most men are today; it won't.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by Millenniumlady(f): 1:37pm On Mar 15, 2020
It takes a lot to keep a lady in marriage men that listen's,care,comes home early from work,provide for the family, puts her first and must be very hard working and great in bed i think this will keep every woman that wants to be kept in marriage smiley The truth is Nigerian men are always eager to get married but finds it hard to stay married sad

17 Likes

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by GreatResearcher: 1:40pm On Mar 15, 2020
RisenPhoenix:
How strong the man is. If the man commands the respect of his home, and wields his authority firmly but with wisdom, the marriage will last. If he is weak and servile towards his wife; as most men are today; it won't.
What commands respect if not money and status
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by GreatResearcher: 1:41pm On Mar 15, 2020
Aboks:
What worked for others might not work for you just pray for God's help in finding a good wife

Love and understanding will help your marriage
It's not all about the money

Like mine we dated for only six months

We are eight years now with two kids
Wow! please show me the way... U know women sabi pretend a lot
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by FemiEddy(m): 1:45pm On Mar 15, 2020
What keeps a woman in marriage? The woman herself

12 Likes

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by Millenniumlady(f): 1:49pm On Mar 15, 2020
GreatResearcher:
What commands respect if not money and status
cheesy
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by healthserve(m): 2:05pm On Mar 15, 2020
Millenniumlady:
It takes a lot to keep lady in marriage men that listen's,care,comes home early from work,provide for the family, puts her first and must be very hard working and great in bed i think this will keep every woman that wants to be kept in marriage smiley The truth is Nigerian men are always eager to get married but finds it hard to stay married sad

See as your hand dey draw like okra. If I tear your hand, no you hot slap. Back from work early Kor, don't go to work at all nii. Make everybody dey form Chuck Norris. If the end, we go all dey alright either single or coupled

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by Zzyzxt(m): 2:07pm On Mar 15, 2020
Notting Keeps a woman in Marriage except Contentment

15 Likes

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by Millenniumlady(f): 2:07pm On Mar 15, 2020
healthserve:

See as your hand dey draw like okra. If I tear your hand, no you hot slap. Back from work early Korean, don't go to work at all nii. Make everybody dey form Chuck Norris. If the end, we go all dey alright either single or coupled
If you get mind try slap me undecided

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by healthserve(m): 2:08pm On Mar 15, 2020
Millenniumlady:
If you get mind try slap me undecided

Receive it grin Make man cums back early for work. Cum early cum do wetin undecided
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by GreatResearcher: 2:09pm On Mar 15, 2020
Millenniumlady:
It takes a lot to keep lady in marriage men that listen's,care,comes home early from work,provide for the family, puts her first and must be very hard working and great in bed i think this will keep every woman that wants to be kept in marriage smiley The truth is Nigerian men are always eager to get married but finds it hard to stay married sad
Nigerian women u mean?
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by GreatResearcher: 2:10pm On Mar 15, 2020
No.2

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by healthserve(m): 2:10pm On Mar 15, 2020
Contentment is the secret. Contentment is everything. Covetous people even in abundance would still fall out of line. Cause discontentment in itself is mental instability and sickness.

Show me a person without contentment or one that doesn't understand it, I'll show you a devil yet to be discovered. This truth isn't gender biased. A covetous male is the devil's right hand man and would never be satisfied or appeased

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by Millenniumlady(f): 2:12pm On Mar 15, 2020
GreatResearcher:
Nigerian women u mean?
I won't repeat myself

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by Millenniumlady(f): 2:14pm On Mar 15, 2020
healthserve:

Receive it grin Make man cums back early for work. Cum early cum do wetin undecided
Who go look after the wife wey you keep for house undecided
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by healthserve(m): 2:16pm On Mar 15, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Who go look after the wife wey you keep for house undecided

SMH. Body dey sweet you baa. So I go dey run cum house from work because you be Bomboy no bomgirl abi. Smh. Just from V.I to Sangotedo takes three hours after work. That's 3 solid hours from traffic. Body dey sweet you. Reality is different from fantasy o cherrie. Talk say you no want competition say na strong marking you want do den we go Kiki arrange how to dry put tracker for men Bobby no body grin

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by SweetCunt97(f): 2:19pm On Mar 15, 2020
You simply have to be the man and be in charge. Loving someone should not translate into weakness.
A man who takes charge even though ain't rich is simply diamond... And also Contentment. You simply have to be a contented soul to stay in like and not try to covet or envy others.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by healthserve(m): 2:21pm On Mar 15, 2020
SweetCunt97:
You simply have to be the man and be in charge. Loving someone should not translate into weakness.
A man who takes charge even though ain't rich is simply diamond.

These days all forms of taking charge, being in charge, leading is out rightly challenged and attacked however pristine the motive is. It's until women make bad decisions serially and have suffered the burnt of it humility cones in to let a man lead. At this extent half of men would have died or have been destroyed in the marriage. Trust me I know

3 Likes

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by SweetCunt97(f): 2:22pm On Mar 15, 2020
healthserve:

These days all forms of taking charge, being in charge, leading is out rightly challenged and attacked however pristine the motive is. It's until women make bad decisions serially and have suffered the burnt of it humility cones in to let a man lead. At this extent half of men would have died or have been destroyed in the marriage. Trust me I know
How do u know?
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by Millenniumlady(f): 2:23pm On Mar 15, 2020
healthserve:

SMH. Body dey sweet you baa. So I go dey run cum house from work because you be Bomboy no bomgirl abi. Smh. Just from V.I to Sangotedo takes three hours after work. That's 3 solid hours from traffic. Body dey sweet you. Reality is different from fantasy o cherrie. Talk say you no want competition say na strong marking you want do den we go Kiki arrange how to dry put tracker for men Bobby no body grin
If you can't come home early don't get married at all

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by sisisioge: 2:24pm On Mar 15, 2020
I think it takes the determination of the TWO parties in a marriage to make it work, to not only keep a woman but the man.

Imagine if your army friend is abusive and cheats, or the madam does that....they would have been history.

Imagine if a wealthy man with status cheats/abusive...She won't stay 8/10 of the time. And if she stays, she would be terribly unhappy. Etc.

Essentially, if the two parties involved are decent people who love, respect and have sustainability determination towards their marriage... They would probably stand the test of time.

BTW, how far? Ready to name the woman that shredded your heart, finance and dignity? I no be bad belly o grin.

4 Likes

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by Kamani8: 2:25pm On Mar 15, 2020
The do's

Listen to your wife
Make her the queen of your home
Provide as much as you can afford.

And don't cheat on her. If she fears losing you to another woman, stop whatever triggered her suspicion and give her reassurance.

Men think it's by intimidating or beating.
What men don't understand is that there are other men out there desiring what you have at home. If you don't want to treat her wella, someone else will

11 Likes

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by healthserve(m): 2:26pm On Mar 15, 2020
Millenniumlady:
If you can't come home early don't get married at all

You Don dey v.ex egovine name you talk say you wan be land lady. We get house for Sangotedo I dey work for V. I na wetin make I do o.
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by healthserve(m): 2:29pm On Mar 15, 2020
Kamani8:
The do's

Listen to your wife
Make her the queen of your home

And don't cheat on her

Next thing she'll yet be discontented havingnconquered you and Luke move to next phase give you like to eat, transfer ownership of your estate to her name while you're intoxicated with love under the spells of her people. Next the man crashes and contemplates suicide.

Being contented in place is more individual, internal than external to me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by missimelda01(f): 2:31pm On Mar 15, 2020
Why is this question directed to one gender? It take two to make a marriage work.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by healthserve(m): 2:31pm On Mar 15, 2020
SweetCunt97:
How do u know?

Cause over time I've learnt to discern what reality is from illusion and how to detail the difference with high precision

2 Likes

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by healthserve(m): 2:32pm On Mar 15, 2020
Peeress o.ya o grin Ayam waiting grin
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by Kamani8: 2:33pm On Mar 15, 2020
healthserve:

Next thing she'll yet be discontented havingnconquered you and Luke move to next phase give you like to eat, transfer ownership of your estate to her name while you're intoxicated with love under the spells of her people. Next the man crashes and contemplates suicide.

Being contented in place is more individual, internal than external to me
Lol

I didn't say give her control. Don't do that. But treat her like a queen. Like she's the most important person in your life
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by Arsenate(m): 2:36pm On Mar 15, 2020
The couple you talked about are probably of northern descent living in the north.
GreatResearcher:
No.2
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by healthserve(m): 2:36pm On Mar 15, 2020
Kamani8:

Lol

I didn't say give her control. Don't do that. But treat her like a queen. Like she's the most important person in your life

Please be careful about all these treat a woman like a queen. 80% of times its perceived differently by the other party albeit received as weakness and low self esteem. For me, I've reworked my model and advice men to do same which is to treat a wife same level same way she treats a man.. This gives access to recall recoil and remove in the event of drama that arises from too much accessibility and familiarity

It's not always how the woman is treated. It's how she interprets the gestures extended to her. Some people are toxic and don't deserve goodness. Trust me. From my little days in life. I've come to understand why some people are gifted toxic partners. If they had peaceful ones, they'll kill them, snuff the life out of them

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Christmas Was More Fun As Child. / I Need A Break. This Is Insane / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.