Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,738 members, 7,831,350 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? (6372 Views)

What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? / Can Submission Really Keeps A Man? / Trust: The Fuel That Keeps A Marriage Running (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by crackkhaus: 2:36pm On Mar 15, 2020
GreatResearcher:
No.2
This is funny.

Marriage advice from a divorced couple... cheesy
Why should anyone listen to them?

It's hubris.

5 Likes

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by Millenniumlady(f): 2:37pm On Mar 15, 2020
healthserve:

You Don dey v.ex egovine name you talk say you wan be land lady. We get house for Sangotedo I dey work for V. I na wetin make I do o.
Tell that to married women..... i can't marry a Nigerian man to start with undecided
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by healthserve(m): 2:39pm On Mar 15, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Tell that to married women..... i can't marry a Nigerian man to start with undecided

Ha.ba what did we do to you aunty embarassed

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by GreatResearcher: 2:39pm On Mar 15, 2020
Arsenate:
The couple you talked about are probably of northern descent living in the north.
that my army frnd is a calabar guy.
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by Kamani8: 2:40pm On Mar 15, 2020
healthserve:

Please be careful about all these treat a woman like a queen. 80% of times its perceived differently by the other party albeit received as weakness and low self esteem. For me, I've reworked my model and advice men to do same which is to treat a wife same level same way she treats a man.. This gives access to recall recoil and remove in the event of drama that arises from too much accessibility and familiarity

Balance is the key. If you know how to treat her wella and when to withdraw when she oversteps her boundaries, she'll find you a bit mysterious and she'll keep yearning for that your other side which in turn will keep her on her tippy toes all d time.
But if u continuously treat her like a man, the day she finds someone that treats her like a woman, the rest will be history.

2 Likes

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by Arsenate(m): 2:40pm On Mar 15, 2020
GreatResearcher:
that my army frnd is a calabar guy.
But the lady is from the north and they are living in a northern town. That's my point.
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by GreatResearcher: 2:41pm On Mar 15, 2020
crackkhaus:

This is funny.

Marriage advice from a divorced couple... cheesy
Why should anyone listen to them?

It's hubris.
i'd listen to dem. they talkin frm first-hand experience

4 Likes

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by Millenniumlady(f): 2:43pm On Mar 15, 2020
healthserve:

Ha.ba what did we do to you aunty embarassed
I AM A FEMINIST and Nigerian men hates feminist
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by GreatResearcher: 2:43pm On Mar 15, 2020
Arsenate:

But the lady is from the north and they are living in a northern town. That's my point.
this guy sef. u talk as if u knw dem. they are both from AKWA IBOM STATE. They base in kaduna

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by healthserve(m): 2:44pm On Mar 15, 2020
Millenniumlady:
I AM A FEMINIST and Nigerian men hates feminist

Oh feminist. I wish you well with your life choices along with its consequences. Best of luck

6 Likes

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by Arsenate(m): 2:45pm On Mar 15, 2020
GreatResearcher:
this guy sef. u talk as if u knw dem. they are both from AKWA IBOM STATE. They base in kaduna
Fair enough. At least I got the bolded right.
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by healthserve(m): 2:46pm On Mar 15, 2020
Kamani8:

Balance is the key. If you know how to treat her wella and when to withdraw when she oversteps her boundaries, she'll find you a bit mysterious and she'll keep yearning for that your other side which in turn will keep her on her tippy toes all d time.
But if u continuously treat her like a man, the day she finds someone that treats her like a woman, the rest will be history.

The last paragraph you've finished matter my elder. Twale grin
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by crackkhaus: 2:47pm On Mar 15, 2020
GreatResearcher:
i'd listen to dem. they talkin frm first-hand experience
If they knew what they were doing, they'd still be together.

3 Likes

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by Kamani8: 2:47pm On Mar 15, 2020
healthserve:

The last paragraph you've finished matter my elder. Twale grin
Loool. Thank me later grin
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by Millenniumlady(f): 2:47pm On Mar 15, 2020
healthserve:

Oh feminist. I wish you well with your life choices along with its consequences. Best of luck
Same here with your own consequences

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by GreatResearcher: 2:49pm On Mar 15, 2020
crackkhaus:

If they knew what they were doing, they'd still be together.
read d story. d ended up happily and stil b frnds. they are stil together
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by crackkhaus: 2:53pm On Mar 15, 2020
GreatResearcher:
read d story. d ended up happily and stil b frnds. they are stil together
I'm referring to the photo you posted.

How are they still together when they're celebrating a divorce?

3 Likes

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by GreatResearcher: 2:54pm On Mar 15, 2020
Arsenate:

Fair enough. At least I got the bolded right.
what does location got to do wit keepin a woman in marriage?

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by healthserve(m): 2:54pm On Mar 15, 2020
Kamani8:

Loool. Thank me later grin

You bet wink
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by SweetCunt97(f): 2:58pm On Mar 15, 2020
healthserve:

Cause over time I've learnt to discern what reality is from illusion and how to detail the difference with high precision
OK.
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by GreatResearcher: 2:59pm On Mar 15, 2020
crackkhaus:
I'm referring to the photo you posted.
How are they still together when they're celebrating a divorce?

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by Sixfeetbelle: 3:13pm On Mar 15, 2020
RisenPhoenix:
How strong the man is. If the man commands the respect of his home, and wields his authority firmly but with wisdom, the marriage will last. If he is weak and servile towards his wife; as most men are today; it won't.

And if he's too strict and authoritative, the marriage won't last.

2 Likes

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by Jossyfine(f): 3:17pm On Mar 15, 2020
Millenniumlady:
It takes a lot to keep lady in marriage men that listen's,care,comes home early from work,provide for the family, puts her first and must be very hard working and great in bed i think this will keep every woman that wants to be kept in marriage smiley The truth is Nigerian men are always eager to get married but finds it hard to stay married sad

You are very correct my dear.... I just like this ur clause:

Nigerian men are always eager to get married but finds it hard to stay married

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by crackkhaus: 3:18pm On Mar 15, 2020
GreatResearcher:
You're missing the point, lol..

Maybe if they were giving advice on how to remain as friends after a divorce, it would make more sense...not giving advice on how to have a successful marriage when they could not make theirs work.

5 Likes

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by Ishilove: 3:18pm On Mar 15, 2020
Na people wey never marry dey give marital advice pass. Smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 15, 2020
Ishilove:

Aswear.

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by Jman06(m): 3:35pm On Mar 15, 2020
Op, it depends on the kind of lady you married. It is good to study the background of any lady you plan to marry.

If a lady is raised in a decent home where the mum and dad live peacefully together, chances are high that the lady would have learnt from her mother how to keep a home.

Also, the kind of friends a lady keeps should never be overlooked when deciding whether to wife her or not. This is because it is hard to find a lady who reasons on her own without being influenced by her friends. If a lady is surrounded by pseudo feminists, men haters and gold diggers, brother such a lady is not good for marriage.

In summary, marry from a decent home. Maintain close and friendly relationship with your in-laws (mil especially) and you'll see how successful your marriage would be.

8 Likes

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by Aboks(m): 3:35pm On Mar 15, 2020
Millenniumlady:
If you get mind try slap me undecided

Na through NL em wan take slap u shocked
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by Aboks(m): 3:39pm On Mar 15, 2020
Millenniumlady:

But you can marry a congolese ;O
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by GreatResearcher: 3:51pm On Mar 15, 2020
Ishilove:
Am not giving advice. Am seeking for advice
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by GreatResearcher: 3:53pm On Mar 15, 2020
Jman06:
Op, it depends on the kind of lady you married. It is good to study the background of any lady you plan to marry.

If a lady is raised in a decent home where the mum and dad live peacefully together, chances are high that the lady would have learnt from her mother how to keep a home.

Also, the kind of friends a lady keeps should never be overlooked when deciding whether to wife her or not. This is because it is hard to find a lady who reasons on her own without being influenced by her friends. If a lady is surrounded by pseudo feminists, men haters and gold diggers, brother such a lady is not good for marriage.

In summary, marry from a decent home. Maintain close and friendly relationship with your in-laws (mil especially) and you'll see how successful your marriage would be.
Still on the "study her" page.
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by healthserve(m): 3:53pm On Mar 15, 2020
Jman06:

My brother you're preaching. May God bless your wisdom. Please have some beer on me and send me the bills. Your head is there. Up there

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Inherits The Deceased Mother's Property In Igbo Family. / The Boy Died An Hour After Bathing. All Parents Should See This / Where Are You Crazy About In Your House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.