Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,097 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? (6390 Views)

What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? / Can Submission Really Keeps A Man? / Trust: The Fuel That Keeps A Marriage Running (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by Kamani8: 4:08pm On Mar 15, 2020
Jman06:
Op, it depends on the kind of lady you married. It is good to study the background of any lady you plan to marry.

If a lady is raised in a decent home where the mum and dad live peacefully together, chances are high that the lady would have learnt from her mother how to keep a home.

Also, the kind of friends a lady keeps should never be overlooked when deciding whether to wife her or not. This is because it is hard to find a lady who reasons on her own without being influenced by her friends. If a lady is surrounded by pseudo feminists, men haters and gold diggers, brother such a lady is not good for marriage.

In summary, marry from a decent home. Maintain close and friendly relationship with your in-laws (mil especially) and you'll see how successful your marriage would be.

Your last paragraph nailed it finally.

Nice submission

2 Likes

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by sndk1(m): 4:10pm On Mar 15, 2020
Ishilove:
Na people wey never marry dey give marital advice pass. Smh

Effective marital advice doesn't necessarily require firsthand experience but common sense from a sound mind. It's the same with many other things in life, and knowing this is common sense.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by Belafonte(m): 4:54pm On Mar 15, 2020
Millenniumlady:
If you can't come home early don't get married at all

Please, be realistic. You should know your man’s work schedule, and if it’s not to your liking do not marry him. You cannot start complaining and making a fuss, mid-marriage, about your man’s hours that you knew of before ring the knot.

Even at that, things change. A new kind of hustle or new job could keep him away from home longer than he anticipated. Unless you do not want the man to hustle, this point of yours is highly ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by Belafonte(m): 4:57pm On Mar 15, 2020
GreatResearcher:
i'd listen to dem. they talkin frm first-hand experience

Follow a woman’s words at your peril. Watch what they do, not what they say

3 Likes

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by GreatResearcher: 5:01pm On Mar 15, 2020
Belafonte:

Please, be realistic. You should know your man’s work schedule, and if it’s not to your liking do not marry him. You cannot start complaining and making a fuss, mid-marriage, about your man’s hours that you knew of before ring the knot.

Even at that, things change. A new kind of hustle or new job could keep him away from home longer than he anticipated. Unless you do not want the man to hustle, this point of yours is highly ridiculous.

Mine is, to come home and do what exactly? breastfeed her?
Millenniumlady
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by Belafonte(m): 5:14pm On Mar 15, 2020
GreatResearcher:
Mine is, to come home and do what exactly? breastfeed her?
Millenniumlady

Well, she needs companionship, and that’s what you’re going home to do, to be her companion. However, she also has to be reasonable with her demand for quality time. Healthserve spends five hours on average commuting to and from work, it would be very silly to demand he gets home earlier than he naturally can. He’s not going to teleport to and from work.

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by ogawisdom(m): 5:14pm On Mar 15, 2020
Hmmm so it's about keeping a woman angry

It's a two way thing, we should be talking about what makes marriage work.
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 15, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

And if he's too strict and authoritative, the marriage won't last.

RisenPhoenix:
How strong the man is. If the man commands the respect of his home, and wields his authority firmly but with wisdom, the marriage will last. If he is weak and servile towards his wife; as most men are today; it won't.
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by faithfull18(f): 6:46pm On Mar 15, 2020
GreatResearcher:

Asking for future purpose
grin Whatever happened to you saying you won't have any thing to do with women again, confused clown grin
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 7:06pm On Mar 15, 2020
healthserve:
Contentment is the secret. Contentment is everything. Covetousness people even in abundance would still fall out of line. Cause discontentment in itself is mental instability and sickness.

Show me a person without contentment or one that doesn't understand it, I'll show you a devil yet to be discovered. This truth isn't gender biased. A covetous male is the devil's right hand man and would never be satisfied or appeased
gbam..infact na Holy spirit reveal this one
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by GreatResearcher: 7:13pm On Mar 15, 2020
faithfull18:

grin Whatever happened to you saying you won't have any thing to do with women again, confused clown grin
I never said that. Stop being a pussy
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by sisisioge: 7:19pm On Mar 15, 2020
Belafonte:

Oga they said you should come home early! All those explanation na excuse tongue tongue

4 Likes

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by faithfull18(f): 7:22pm On Mar 15, 2020
GreatResearcher:
I never said that. Stop being a pussy
That's just one place among the several places you said so undecided Only God can help you, it looks like lying comes natural to you, just saying.

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by Belafonte(m): 7:30pm On Mar 15, 2020
sisisioge:

Oga they said you should come home early! All those explanation na excuse tongue tongue

You for say make I no go work na. But you know I’ll come back early for you, make we kwantinu awa faaji kiss
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by sisisioge: 7:31pm On Mar 15, 2020
Belafonte:

You for say make I no go work na. But you know I’ll come back early for you, make we kwantinu awa faaji kiss

You will soon chase away all my suitors grin

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by Belafonte(m): 7:33pm On Mar 15, 2020
sisisioge:

You will soon chase away all my suitors grin

Me I no be suitor abi? Make I catch you with any man, una two go see sometin. angry
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by sisisioge: 7:35pm On Mar 15, 2020
Belafonte:

Me I no be suitor abi? Make I catch you with any man, una two go see sometin. angry

That takes us back to the woman who was purportedly caught with another man in her baby daddy's house. Whew! You even supported the rest of the clowns admonishing her. Whew! Na real wa for you male folks grin

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by Sixfeetbelle: 7:35pm On Mar 15, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

If wisdom is accepting input from his wife once in a while, then I agree wholeheartedly.

2 Likes

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by Belafonte(m): 7:36pm On Mar 15, 2020
sisisioge:

That takes us back to the woman who was purportedly caught with another man in her baby daddy's house. Whew! You even supported the rest of the clowns admonishing her. Whew! Na real wa for you male folks grin

Ah ah. Are you saying what she did was decent? She couldn’t have taken her man away from the house? Come on.
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by sisisioge: 7:40pm On Mar 15, 2020
Belafonte:

Ah ah. Are you saying what she did was decent? She couldn’t have taken her man away from the house? Come on.

Let's not derail here papi...na just wa for you and the rest of those who kept on with the "man's house" bs. No quote me again biko...let me leave you to it tongue.
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by Belafonte(m): 7:42pm On Mar 15, 2020
sisisioge:

Let's not derail here papi...na just wa for you and the rest of those who kept on with the "man's house" bs. No quote me again biko...let me leave you to it tongue.

Is that your plan? You Want me to lace you with magun abi? These today women, una no dey fear again o . Try me and see angry

Btw, this is not derailment, it’s perfectly in line with the OP
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by sisisioge: 7:44pm On Mar 15, 2020
Belafonte:

Is that your plan? You Want me to lace you with magun abi? These today women, una no dey fear again o . Try me and see angry

Btw, this is not derailment, it’s perfectly in line with the OP

grin grin grin just do right by her and she won't ever stray. May God help us all to be fair in our dealings.
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 15, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

If wisdom is accepting input from his wife once in a while, then I agree wholeheartedly.

Among other things, like closing one's eyes to the unimportant faults, giving her a degree of autonomy in how she runs the home, not going too deeply into the minute details of home or personal expenses; and as you proposed; taking her input into consideration when making decisions that will affect her. All without being too lax however, nor by handing over too much autonomy or delegating too much authority. It all comes with practice.

Of course, the assumption is that the husband is fulfilling his end of duties and responsibilities fully. If she is expected to be the woman of the house, he's expected to be the man. No one-sided contract here.

5 Likes

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by Belafonte(m): 7:52pm On Mar 15, 2020
sisisioge:

grin grin grin just do right by her and she won't ever stray. May God help us all to be fair in our dealings.

I promise to do right by you na. Iyen lo kere ju kiss
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 8:54pm On Mar 15, 2020
sisisioge:
I think it takes the determination of the TWO parties in a marriage to make it work, to not only keep a woman but the man.

Imagine if your army friend is abusive and cheats, or the madam does that....they would have been history.

Imagine if a wealthy man with status cheats/abusive...She won't stay 8/10 of the time. And if she stays, she would be terribly unhappy. Etc.

Essentially, if the two parties involved are decent people who love, respect and have sustainability determination towards their marriage... They would probably stand the test of time.

BTW, how far? Ready to name the woman that shredded your heart, finance and dignity? I no be bad belly o grin.

Why u too like amebo?
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by healthserve(m): 8:55pm On Mar 15, 2020
Belafonte:

Well, she needs companionship, and that’s what you’re going home to do, to be her companion. However, she also has to be reasonable with her demand for quality time. Healthserve spends five hours on average commuting to and from work, it would be very silly to demand he gets home earlier than he naturally can. He’s not going to teleport to and from work.

Brotherly. Respect to the brotherhood

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by healthserve(m): 8:55pm On Mar 15, 2020
It's been long o YewandeQueen Mathematician hot brain
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by healthserve(m): 8:57pm On Mar 15, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

Among other things, like closing one's eyes to the unimportant faults, giving her a degree of autonomy in how she runs the home, not going too deeply into the minute details of home or personal expenses; and as you proposed; taking her input into consideration when making decisions that will affect her. All without being too lax however, nor by handing over too much autonomy or delegating too much authority. It all comes with practice.

Of course, the assumption is that the husband is fulfilling his end of duties and responsibilities fully. If she is expected to be the woman of the house, he's expected to be the man. No one-sided contract here.

Sound. Respect

Closing eyes to unimportant flaws something many need to learn and granting home front autonomy and freedom in handling home affairs with healthy liberty

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Mar 15, 2020
GreatResearcher:
I have a friend. A L/cpl in Nigerian Army who earns N55k monthly. He is married to a lady and the marriage has produced a cute lovely daughter who would be 5yrs this year. This guy is always happy around his wife. Every time he posts pics on SM, It's always pics of them cuddling together. They act like couple who are just new in a relationship. Each time I pay them visit, they are just lovable. The lady is not working. They both survive with 55k monthly and are happy together.
Last week I went to they guy and asked him how he's able to keep a lady in marriage even when he earns little. His response: "Prince, money doesn't keep a lady. If it does, people like Tiger Woods would keep one. Marriage is not something you rush into. Study the lady you want to marry to know if she's right for you. My wife and I dated for more than 6years. During our years of dating, we studied each other very well and decided that we are fit for each other. Your mistake was jumping into marriage".
STAYING LONG IN COURTSHIP TO STUDY YOUR PARTNER. hmm
Going through threads here, I saw a thread which contradicts his submission.
I saw a thread were a retired Army Gen who was a former Oyo state military governor said when he wanted to marry, he met a friend and told her to get him a wife. And her friend brought a young lady to him and the got married. No dating or whatsoever. The marriage lasted till 2016 when his wife died.
I am really confused.
Please I want to really know what keeps a woman in marriage.
Asking for future purpose
What keeps a woman in marriage is actually marrying the right person, and be friendly to her.

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by healthserve(m): 9:00pm On Mar 15, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:
gbam..infact na Holy spirit reveal this one

wink
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by Belafonte(m): 9:06pm On Mar 15, 2020
healthserve:

Brotherly. Respect to the brotherhood

Bless up, bruv
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by Stillthebest: 9:19pm On Mar 15, 2020
kiss

Money is just a tool to drive a marriage and never a 'super glue' to seal it hermetically.

Marrying one's friend is the only key and nothing else.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Straight To The Point: Inter Family Marriage And The Risk Of Up Normal Kids / The Agony Of Jobless & Single Girls Above 28 Who Still Squat With Their Parents / My Relationshp Is About Crashing...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.