Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,920 members, 7,835,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? (6388 Views)

What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? / Can Submission Really Keeps A Man? / Trust: The Fuel That Keeps A Marriage Running (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by crackkhaus: 10:53pm On Mar 17, 2020
bukatyne:

You sure?

1. Sponsoring a girlfriend in school, marrying a wife, putting girlfriend/wife on allowance, catering for in-laws etc. while cultural expectations all revolve around money.

2. If the woman in question is willing to spend her own money and do those stuffs, what other 'cultural obligation' does this man have?

3. It is not about what I want or do not; God has instituted already Patriarchy.

I studied what it meant according to the Creator and married someone we both aligned.
1. That something revolves around money does not imply it falls under the category of bills.

2. This is a big IF.
How many women really prefer spending their own money doing those stuff? Abeg try come back down to earth oo. grin

3. I juss dey look you dey laugh. God's patriarchy versus Nigerian patriarchy.. You like God's own, but don't like Nigeria's own.

You should have just stayed in heaven and not be born, assuming there's even any stark difference between the two. cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by emmaodet: 10:53pm On Mar 17, 2020
bukatyne:

If catering for one's bills is the exit to Nigerian patriarchy, many women have exited the door tete!

Then if that is the case, why still screaming patriarchy why den don leave am tete, what is the problem again? Why the victim mentality? What is it they want men to do again if we agree they have been liberated.
What is again? Then what is the problem Bukatyne.
You all can go to school, work virtually everywhere, buy your own land and build, buy your own car and drive without been harassed, pls what else again? You can have it all in Life bcus even we the so called men are not finding it easy also

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by crackkhaus: 10:58pm On Mar 17, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

Lol. Please, leave me be. I've had a long day. Going to bed.
Alright then... sleep like a doll, unclothed and unfazed.

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by bukatyne(f): 10:59pm On Mar 17, 2020
crackkhaus:

1. That something revolves around money does not imply it falls under the category of bills.

2. This is a big IF.
How many women really prefer spending their own money doing those stuff? Abeg try come back down to earth oo. grin

3. I juss dey look you dey laugh. God's patriarchy versus Nigerian patriarchy.. You like God's own, but don't like Nigeria's own.

You should have just stayed in heaven and not be born, assuming there's even any stark difference between the two. cheesy

It is too late to cry over split milk. tongue

I am born and bred in Nigeria, I design systems to my favour.

As always, I will open threads tailored towards a lady designing systems to her favour.

I am nice like that.

And honestly, I am appalled by the Nigerian concept of a number of things especially marriage.

Nigerian husbands, Nigerian wifes, Nigerian patriarchy, Nigerian Christianity, Nigerian Bible...

I dash una!
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by bukatyne(f): 11:03pm On Mar 17, 2020
emmaodet:

Then if that is the case, why still screaming patriarchy why den don leave am tete, what is the problem again? Why the victim mentality? What is it they want men to do again if we agree they have been liberated.
What is again? Then what is the problem Bukatyne.
You all can go to school, work virtually everywhere, buy your own land and build, buy your own car and drive without been harassed, pls what else again? You can have it all in Life bcus even we the so called men are not finding it easy also

Oga Emma,

I don't know what to say and I don't know where the victim mentality ish is coming from.

I just opened another thread telling women they have to choose right and live with the consequences.

Let me leave you Nigerians to enjoy yourselves.
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by crackkhaus: 11:03pm On Mar 17, 2020
bukatyne:

It is too late to cry over split milk. tongue

I am born and bred in Nigeria, I design systems to my favour.

As always, I will open threads tailored towards a lady designing systems to her favour.

I am nice like that.

And honestly, I am appalled by the Nigerian concept of a number of things especially marriage.

Nigerian husbands, Nigerian wifes, Nigerian patriarchy, Nigerian Christianity, Nigerian Bible...

I dash una!
Regarding this, I have one question...

Are you human first before Nigerian, or Nigerian first before human?
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by bukatyne(f): 11:06pm On Mar 17, 2020
crackkhaus:

Regarding this, I have one question...

Are you human first before Nigerian, or Nigerian first before human?

I am not Nigerian at all cry cry cry cry cry

I am human.

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by emmaodet: 11:07pm On Mar 17, 2020
bukatyne:

You sure?

Sponsoring a girlfriend in school, marrying a wife, putting girlfriend/wife on allowance, catering for in-laws etc. while cultural expectations all revolve around money.

If the woman in question is willing to spend her own money and do those stuffs, what other 'cultural obligation' does this man have?

It is not about what I want or do not; God has instituted already Patriarchy.

I studied what it meant according to the Creator and married someone we both aligned.

If the woman has her own money to do all those things, 2 things come into play.
It is either she looks for a richer man to pick up her more expensive and extravagant lifestyle who she believes is in her class and not ready to settle for less thereby starting the whole circle again.
Or

She stays single, which means marriage is not for her, thereby any patriarchy law does not affect her. We see linda ikeji, ini edo, kate henshaw, Genevieve all stay put single or else they see a big pocket to finance their expensive lifestyles before they go into it again.
To women, marriage/relationship is strictly business and the gains must outweigh the suffering no matter how small before they commit.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by Martinez39s(m): 11:08pm On Mar 17, 2020
crackkhaus:

Maybe PrimadonnaO can also help shed some light on this. cheesy

She's the one who first called it unhealthy..

Perhaps she might be willing to practice matriarchy instead.
It's ironic that all over the world, the safer the environment and the more progressive and empowering a society is for women, the likelihood of more radical feminists, and non-stop virulent complaints of nonexistent misogynistic patriarchy. The victim mentality therein never stops.

Australia, which is listed as one of the safest places for women, is surprisingly the grand hub of radical feminism. Australian feminists still whine about the patriarchy, the mythic rape culture, the perpetually debunked gender wage gap, and, as declared on public television by a feminist, the murdering of women by men. Lmao grin. The whining went so far as to the bashing of men during the Australian fire outbreak when it was men that were mainly involved in firefighting. Australian feminists had the temerity to accuse male firefighters of being domestic abusers who would still go home to beat their wives. grin

This can be likened to the situation of rich, privileged, and over pampered children who won't just stop whining about everything.

Women in western societies/developed countries today (and even women in Nigeria) are the most privileged and pampered set of women in human history yet they won't stop whining. It just shows you that women can't be satisfied. If you check, you will see that the women whining online and offline about patriarchy and oppression of women are usually those residing in societies where they have the same rights and opportunities as men. These set of women have never lived a heavily misogynistic society for a day. Worse is that western women have more rights and privileges than men, and their societies are gynocentric.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by emmaodet: 11:10pm On Mar 17, 2020
bukatyne:

Oga Emma,

I don't know what to say and I don't know where the victim mentality ish is coming from.

I just opened another thread telling women they have to choose right and live with the consequences.

Let me leave you Nigerians to enjoy yourselves.

Aiit,
Good night
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by bukatyne(f): 11:15pm On Mar 17, 2020
emmaodet:

If the woman has her own money to do all those things, 2 things come into play.
It is either she looks for a richer man to pick up her more expensive and extravagant lifestyle who she believes is in her class and not ready to settle for less thereby starting the whole circle again.
Or

She stays single, which means marriage is not for her, thereby any patriarchy law does not affect her. We see linda ikeji, ini edo, kate henshaw, Genevieve all stay put single or else they see a big pocket to finance their expensive lifestyles before they go into it again.
To women, marriage/relationship is strictly business and the gains must outweigh the suffering no matter how small before they commit.

Nigerian marriages!

A man & woman can't decide they want to build a life together, raise kids that would be useful to the society and f&&k legally?

It is all about money!
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by crackkhaus: 11:35pm On Mar 17, 2020
bukatyne:

I am not Nigerian at all cry cry cry cry cry

I am human.
Is not me you are doing oo, na yourself you do... cheesy

The worst thing a person can do to themselves is to lie to themselves and believe it. grin
It will create problems within their own consciousness..

This is probably why you believe there's such a huge difference between God's patriarchy and Nigerian patriarchy.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by crackkhaus: 11:53pm On Mar 17, 2020
Martinez39s:
It's ironic that all over the world, the safer the environment and the more progressive and empowering a society is for women, the likelihood of more radical feminists, and non-stop virulent complaints of nonexistent misogynistic patriarchy. The victim mentality therein never stops.

Australia, which is listed as one of the safest places for women, is surprisingly the grand hub of radical feminism. Australian feminists still whine about the patriarchy, the mythic rape culture, the perpetually debunked gender wage gap, and, as declared on public television by a feminist, the murdering of women by men. Lmao grin. The whining went so far as to the bashing of men during the Australian fire outbreak when it was men that were mainly involved in firefighting. Australian feminists had the temerity to accuse male firefighters of being domestic abusers who would still go home to beat their wives. grin

This can be likened to the situation of rich, privileged, and over pampered children who won't just stop whining about everything.

Women in western societies/developed countries today (and even women in Nigeria) are the most privileged and pampered set of women in human history yet they won't stop whining. It just shows you that women can't be satisfied. If you check, you will see that the women whining online and offline about patriarchy and oppression of women are usually those residing in societies where they have the same rights and opportunities as men. These set of women have never lived a heavily misogynistic society for a day. Worse is that western women have more rights and privileges than men, and their societies are gynocentric.
They are never satisfied, the lot of them.

Radical feminism is borne out of boredom. Everything which feminism should accomplish has been accomplished, so there's nothing left to make bored young women relevant anymore.

So what do they do? They start inventing new problems against the patriarchy just to appear like they're fighting for something.

If they were really serious, they would be trying to make matriarchy the new fad instead of tweaking the existing patriarchy into their taste (likes & dislikes).

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by UjuJoan2: 7:27am On Mar 18, 2020
GreatResearcher:
I have a friend. A L/cpl in Nigerian Army who earns N55k monthly. He is married to a lady and the marriage has produced a cute lovely daughter who would be 5yrs this year. This guy is always happy around his wife. Every time he posts pics on SM, It's always pics of them cuddling together. They act like couple who are just new in a relationship. Each time I pay them visit, they are just lovable. The lady is not working. They both survive with 55k monthly and are happy together.

Last week I went to they guy and asked him how he's able to keep a lady in marriage even when he earns little. His response: "Prince, money doesn't keep a lady. If it does, people like Tiger Woods would keep one. Marriage is not something you rush into. Study the lady you want to marry to know if she's right for you. My wife and I dated for more than 6years. During our years of dating, we studied each other very well and decided that we are fit for each other. Your mistake was jumping into marriage".

STAYING LONG IN COURTSHIP TO STUDY YOUR PARTNER. hmm

Going through threads here, I saw a thread which contradicts his submission.

I saw a thread were a retired Army Gen who was a former Oyo state military governor said when he wanted to marry, he met a friend and told her to get him a wife. And her friend brought a young lady to him and the got married. No dating or whatsoever. The marriage lasted till 2016 when his wife died.
I am really confused.

Please I want to really know what keeps a woman in marriage.

Asking for future purpose

Marry a woman who wants to be married. Not someone duped into marriage by societal expectations.

Only a woman who wants to stay married remains content, even in the face of challenges.

Marriage is not for everyone. We really need to stop making people think that they need to get married to be seen as responsible.
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by UjuJoan2: 7:35am On Mar 18, 2020
crackkhaus:

Radical feminism is borne out of boredom. Everything which feminism should accomplish has been accomplished, so there's nothing left to make bored young women relevant anymore.

So what do they do? They start inventing new problems against the patriarchy just to appear like they're fighting for something.

If they were really serious, they would be trying to make matriarchy the new fad instead of tweaking the existing patriarchy into their taste (likes & dislikes).

Hey you . . . Long time no talk wink

I'm no feminist, but I think the whole idea of Patriarchy is extremely unfair. People should lead based on merit, not based on the genetic lottery they won.

God already ordained men the head of the family and I respect that. But I'm not deferring to any other man out of respect for his gender, except he proves himself worthy.

I find it laughable when some men actually think they are superior, when they are of an inferior capacity, both in intellect and worth.

Let me stop here before I start sounding somehow this early morning.
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by crackkhaus: 9:41am On Mar 18, 2020
UjuJoan2:

Hey you . . . Long time no talk wink

I'm no feminist, but I think the whole idea of Patriarchy is extremely unfair. People should lead based on merit, not based on the genetic lottery they won.

God already ordained men the head of the family and I respect that. But I'm not deferring to any other man out of respect for his gender, except he proves himself worthy.

I find it laughable when some men actually think they are superior, when they are of an inferior capacity, both in intellect and worth.

Let me stop here before I start sounding somehow this early morning.
No one, well definitely not me, has ever said here that women should defer to every man just because he is a man. cheesy

I have always maintained here that a man (besides his mother/wife) does not owe respect or appreciation to any other woman just because she is a woman, she also has to prove herself worthy first.
If you agree with this, then your position is valid.

How've you been? smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by UjuJoan2: 9:46am On Mar 18, 2020
crackkhaus:

No one, well definitely not me, has ever said here that women should defer to every man just because he is a man. cheesy

I have always maintained here that [b]a man (besides his mother/wife) does not owe respect or appreciation to any other woman just because she is a woman, she also has to prove herself worthy first.[/b]
If you agree with this, then your position is valid.

How've you been? smiley

Oh, I completely agree . . . I certainly do not expect any special treatment because I'm a woman.

Look at us, agreeing on something yet again. cheesy cheesy
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by bukatyne(f): 9:55am On Mar 18, 2020
crackkhaus:

Is not me you are doing oo, na yourself you do... cheesy

The worst thing a person can do to themselves is to lie to themselves and believe it. grin
It will create problems within their own consciousness..

This is probably why you believe there's such a huge difference between God's patriarchy and Nigerian patriarchy.

It is not so serious undecided

For all it is worth, I am not so keen on relocating despite surrounded by people who are planning to jet out. So I am not coming from 'the West is better' POV; I think they are too politically correct on stances they should be more decisive.

And there is a huge difference between God's patriarchy and the Nigerian version.
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by crackkhaus: 9:56am On Mar 18, 2020
UjuJoan2:

Oh, I completely agree . . . I certainly do not expect any special treatment because I'm a woman.

Look at us, agreeing on something yet again. cheesy cheesy
Now that is something worthy of a golden statuette. cool

If every female on NL actually believed and formed their mindset around that fact, I and a host of other guys here would be agreeable with a lot of them... honestly
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by crackkhaus: 9:57am On Mar 18, 2020
bukatyne:

It is not so serious undecided

For all it is worth, I am not so keen on relocating despite surrounded by people who are planning to jet out. So I am not coming from 'the West is better' POV; I think they are too politically correct on stances they should be more decisive.

And there is a huge difference between God's patriarchy and the Nigerian version.
I wasn't so serious either...

Educate us on these huge differences between the two. cheesy
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by bukatyne(f): 12:24pm On Mar 18, 2020
crackkhaus:

I wasn't so serious either...

Educate us on these huge differences between the two. cheesy

Let me not start with Nigerian husbands this morning grin

I have dashed them to our corresponding sisters who understand them.

https://www.nairaland.com/5405788/fatherhood
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by crackkhaus: 12:39pm On Mar 18, 2020
bukatyne:

Let me not start with Nigerian husbands this morning grin

I have dashed them to our corresponding sisters who understand them.

https://www.nairaland.com/5405788/fatherhood
The funny thing about this your preference for God's patriarchy is that somehow you don't support polygamy, which is great part of it. cheesy

Before you go on rampage, search for the specific verse that forbids men from practicing polygamy and share it with me.

2 Likes

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by bukatyne(f): 1:09pm On Mar 18, 2020
crackkhaus:

The funny thing about this your preference for God's patriarchy is that somehow you don't support polygamy, which is great part of it. cheesy

Before you go on rampage, search for the specific verse that forbids men from practicing polygamy and share it with me.

@bold:

Burden of proof is on you:

Prove where polygamy was God's plan.

Why go on rampage when I can ignore? undecided
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by crackkhaus: 1:16pm On Mar 18, 2020
bukatyne:

@bold:

Burden of proof is on you:

Prove where polygamy was God's plan.

Why go on rampage when I can ignore? undecided
I didn't say it's God's plan, but I can name multiple people off the top of my head who were polygamous and still God's people.

The burden of proof is in you to show they are sinners and in hell fire.

Remember, God is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

2 Likes

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by bukatyne(f): 1:22pm On Mar 18, 2020
crackkhaus:

I didn't say it's God's plan, but I can name multiple people off the top of my head who were polygamous and still God's people.

The burden of proof is in you to show they are sinners and in hell fire.

Remember, God is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

How can the burden of proof be on me?

You brought hell, sin and all the works here.

@Bold: You don't even want to go there for this.
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by crackkhaus: 1:31pm On Mar 18, 2020
bukatyne:

How can the burden of proof be on me?

You brought hell, sin and all the works here.

@Bold: You don't even want to go there for this.
Let's take a minute and go back. cheesy

You say you subscribe to God's version of patriarchy, I have implied to you that God's patriarchy has no rules against polygamy.
Proof of this exists when you consider the men who practiced it and who by all measures are on a higher level of holiness/uprightness than most so-called Christians today.

That is my proof.

Now what's your own proof that God's patriarchy does not entertain polygamy?

Remember, I'm only bringing up the topic of polygamy because you are trying to create a contrast between Nigerian patriarchy and God's version.

3 Likes

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by angelfallz(m): 11:19pm On Mar 18, 2020
GreatResearcher:
I have a friend. A L/cpl in Nigerian Army who earns N55k monthly. He is married to a lady and the marriage has produced a cute lovely daughter who would be 5yrs this year. This guy is always happy around his wife. Every time he posts pics on SM, It's always pics of them cuddling together. They act like couple who are just new in a relationship. Each time I pay them visit, they are just lovable. The lady is not working. They both survive with 55k monthly and are happy together.

Last week I went to they guy and asked him how he's able to keep a lady in marriage even when he earns little. His response: "Prince, money doesn't keep a lady. If it does, people like Tiger Woods would keep one. Marriage is not something you rush into. Study the lady you want to marry to know if she's right for you. My wife and I dated for more than 6years. During our years of dating, we studied each other very well and decided that we are fit for each other. Your mistake was jumping into marriage".

STAYING LONG IN COURTSHIP TO STUDY YOUR PARTNER. hmm

Going through threads here, I saw a thread which contradicts his submission.

I saw a thread were a retired Army Gen who was a former Oyo state military governor said when he wanted to marry, he met a friend and told her to get him a wife. And her friend brought a young lady to him and the got married. No dating or whatsoever. The marriage lasted till 2016 when his wife died.
I am really confused.

Please I want to really know what keeps a woman in marriage.

Asking for future purpose
Different strokes for different folks, that's an American saying.
It means different things work for different people.
It is possible to date for 10yrs and your marriage ends in divorce
It is possible you date for 1 day and your marriage lasts till death do us part.
It is possible you date for 10yrs and you marriage lasts till death do us part.
It is possible to date for 1 day and your marriage ends in divorce.
I can continue on. But get the picture.

Please read this piece below
https://www.nairaland.com/5693224/what-men-must-ensure-successful
Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by KevinDein: 10:00am On Mar 19, 2020
crackkhaus:

This comment of yours might come off as an exaggeration to some here but this literally the reality of the west today. The western women, who are by far the most pampered women in history, are constantly picking irrelevant things to moan about.

Reminds me of the hilarious video on YouTube about a sky news presenter complaining about the air-conditioner being sexist. Find screenshot below...

These feminists are nuts I swear.

(I enjoyed the number dislikes there grin)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? by crackkhaus: 11:36am On Mar 19, 2020
KevinDein:

This comment of yours might come off as an exaggeration to some here but this literally the reality of the west today. The western women, who are by far the most pampered women in history, are constantly picking irrelevant things to moan about.

Reminds me of the hilarious video on YouTube about a sky news presenter complaining about the air-conditioner being sexist. Find screenshot below...

These feminists are nuts I swear.

(I enjoyed the number dislikes there grin)
Sexist air-conditioning

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

As A Man, Will You Pack To Your Wife's Personally Built House? / How To Get Pregnant With Twins That Are Girls / Women And "50 Shades Of Grey" Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.