Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension (26137 Views)

My Take On 5% Telecommunications Excise Duty Suspension Approval By Woye / Presidential Aspirant Gives PDP 48 Hours To Drop Atiku, Calls For Fresh Primarie / Reverend Mbaka Blasts Atiku, Calls Him Bureau De Change (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by Mistaicey2288: 7:04am On Mar 18, 2020
HappyCanadian:

They way people still support that brainless illiterate as president gets me infuriated

Na Naija we dey nah. Most people are just senseless. They'll see the road but still choose to pass through bush. Mtcheeww

5 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by Realdeals(m): 7:05am On Mar 18, 2020
While Atiku's opinion might sound good to the citizens, I doubt he would have done same if he's the President.
Nigerians must stop being swayed by word of deceit from the mouth and look beyond the pen.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by HappyCanadian: 7:06am On Mar 18, 2020
Mistaicey2288:

Na Naija we dey nah. Most people are just senseless. They'll see the road but still choose to pass through bush. Mtcheeww
Abeg if they like the can sink with him I don't care for anyone that supports the clueless president
Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by Dizzyrascal(m): 7:07am On Mar 18, 2020
DenreleDave:

Go n di3
read your own signature and learn from it....have a great day
Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by anonimi: 7:10am On Mar 18, 2020
globalresource:
Atiku would have handle our economy better, I think

Obasanjo the former boss to both Atiku and barawo bubu knows that.
Wonder of all wonders is why the supposedly born-to-gain old soldier packaged barawo bubu for us despite this knowledge of the failure.

citizenisb:
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo says President Muhammadu Buhari may not do well in economy and foreign affairs, except in military matters.

“Buhari is not a very hot person on the economy and foreign affairs,” Obasanjo said.

The former President stated this on Monday at the third International Conference on African Development Issues — themed, “Driving inclusive and sustainable development in Africa: Models, methods and policies” — organised by Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State.

While reacting to a question posed to him by a member of the audience: “Is there any hope for Nigeria under the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari?”, Obasanjo replied, “Is there any hope for Nigeria under this administration? I came back from Geneva, Switzerland a few days ago to attend a conference titled, ‘Are elections giving democracy a bad name?’ We had an election, we elected a leader and the good thing about democracy is that the power you have to elect a leader is also the power you have to remove him. I am saying this because I said earlier that if you don’t see any leader that has done well in the 56 years of Nigeria’s independence, then let us forget about Nigeria.

“I will tell you what I know and I will tell you what I don’t know. I know Gen. Muhammadu Buhari. He served under me in the military. His characteristics that I know, his behaviour that I know, he has not deviated from them. He was never a perfect man, he is not a perfect man and no leader can ever be a perfect man because they are human beings. But if you read my book, what I said about him is correct. He is not a hot person when it comes to economy. He is not a very hot person when it comes to foreign affairs. But he will do well in matters of military and he will do well in fighting Boko Haram.”

http://www.punchng.com/buhari-not-sound-economy-foreign-affairs-obasanjo/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6432793_screenshot20171219094227_jpege074d484d588f157559d133a2d470290

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6435544_img20171219192854_jpege40c9e246bee16b1ba0e19f5685e78e1

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by blowjohn(m): 7:10am On Mar 18, 2020
Babatunde40:
The problem with Nigerians is blind hate. You will see how young Nigerians won't see the good advice being shared by this man which is for their own good but will begin to attack the man.

Before you attack Atiku, ask yourself: can Atiku conveniently afford fuel at N145? If the price is reduced to N100, won't you benefit?

I am not an Atiku fan, I just want better life for myself.

Aside that bro, let them ask: even when Buhari was not in power, what meaningful advice did he ever contribute to tackle any issue in the country?

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by ALABACONNECT(m): 7:11am On Mar 18, 2020
Everything about this system is just sad.

For your affordable UK used smart TVs, ACs and Soundsystems, check my signature
Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by Mistaicey2288: 7:12am On Mar 18, 2020
HappyCanadian:

Abeg if they like the can sink with him I don't care for anyone that supports the clueless president

Lol same here jawe. Everybody go dey Alright las las
Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by anonimi: 7:12am On Mar 18, 2020
Realdeals:
While Atiku's opinion might sound good to the citizens, I doubt he would have done same if he's the President.
Nigerians must stop being swayed by word of deceit from the mouth and look beyond the pen.

How does his record in private business and managing the economy jointly with Obasanjo as his Vice compare to Buhari's record in private business and managing the economy so far?
Can you please help with some useful summary analysis

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2095210_worst_jpeg588f192a23aa02a7b350a8bbe5d18306

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6389923_img20171210170422318_jpeg755b1e5d411ce714015a74f5068246dd

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by Mjpem23(m): 7:13am On Mar 18, 2020
Babatunde40:
The problem with Nigerians is blind hate. You will see how young Nigerians won't see the good advice being shared by this man which is for their own good but will begin to attack the man.

Before you attack Atiku, ask yourself: can Atiku conveniently afford fuel at N145? If the price is reduced to N100, won't you benefit?

I am not an Atiku fan, I just want better life for myself.

As Atiku/Obasanjo reduce fuel price during their 8 years in Office. We should be taken advice from the thief that stole your future and your children own.
When are you people going to wake from your slumber?

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by Nobody: 7:14am On Mar 18, 2020
HappyCanadian:

You are very senseless,
u dey more senseless. pray 2 god make u 4 get sense fast. ur future don miss u neva knw
Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by anonimi: 7:15am On Mar 18, 2020
ALABACONNECT:
Everything about this system is just sad.

For your affordable UK used smart TVs, ACs and Soundsystems, check my signature

Your probably stolen items are not part of the sad shystem

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by ALABACONNECT(m): 7:19am On Mar 18, 2020
anonimi:

No need to throw shade fam. Selling electronics in a staggering economy is enough stress. I pray the system favor us all regardless of
Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by Nobody: 7:20am On Mar 18, 2020
okpalaAnambra:

Take the message and leave the messenger, afonjaaaa, what is worst than the senile old Fulani man u guys brought to us..fallen demon undecided
see as dis one dey type dey piss for body miscreant. suffer head don master ur life finish
Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by asobo: 7:20am On Mar 18, 2020
zainabicy:
_No matter what Atiku says / does, he is never going to rule this country.

Insha Allah.

He should face forward and face his wives abeg.

We need fresh young president abeg._
You need fresh young president but voted Buhari abi. If God has destined him to be, nothing will stop it.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by Nobody: 7:21am On Mar 18, 2020
anonimi:

savage tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by Adgideon(m): 7:21am On Mar 18, 2020
Mr Fulani man enjoy ur quite life in pesce
Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:24am On Mar 18, 2020
zainabicy:
No matter what Atiku says / does, he is never going to rule this country.

Insha Allah.

He should face forward and face his wives abeg.

We need fresh young president abeg.

And Buhari is fresh and young ba? Even if fuel is sold for 1000k a litre, Atiku can afford it
Can you?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by 4four(m): 7:25am On Mar 18, 2020
leokid866:
Lol....and the budget shortfall we are facing due to the fall in oil price should be dealt with how? If this is true he is basically asking us to take on. More debt.....I doubt even he is that stupid.
do not that twitter president, comparing Nigeria with other countries that are on total lock down. USA that want to give 1000$ to her citizens is on total lock down while in Nigeria everybody is till going about his or her business normally, so what should warrant parllative by government
Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by Roozzaay(m): 7:27am On Mar 18, 2020
Dpharisee:
MURIC and Yoluba Muslims support the stamp duty charge and fuel price remaining at N145 despite fall in import cost as long as it's their Fulani bosses that are making the decision cheesy
Awon omo irankiran, always looking for an avenue to showcase their stupidity.
Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by sulaak(m): 7:30am On Mar 18, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Fuel is $30 bpd yet Buhari's government is still selling to Nigerians at #145 per litre

Who is going to pay the foreign debt ?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by brownemmanuel43(m): 7:34am On Mar 18, 2020
IWTBAB:
he would av handle ur gala-selling-family-business better.....talk 4 ur sef,supporter of thieves.

una still dey want people wey destroy una future & future of una pikin bak in power, suffer head no dey tire una 4 ds country? only in Nigeria.

if dis is coming from better people like Wole soyinka ,and oda elder statesmen and women, i go take dem serious and dey jump dey shout nice one, not a world renown thief like atiku wey dey sposnsor different crimes for Naija because him lose election. wey dem put our nation 4 darkness come get d biggest generator selling companies while in power. Nigerians neva 4get
Baba I like your points and angle u are coming from. But insulting somebody all bcs of his opinion is bad bad.
See everybody is feeling the heat, both supporters and opposition of this regime. But the truth is that Atiku is more sound than buhari. (Note I hate politicians with passion) but u can't compare Atiku with Buhari.
Pls lets be guided. I perfectly understand how OBJ/Atiku killed mismanaged our economy been handed over to them by military. Bcs economy was far better during military era than OBJ/Atiku.
In Buhari now killed the mismanaged economy.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by Fancy19(f): 7:36am On Mar 18, 2020
2023 is loading for president
Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by DEROX: 7:36am On Mar 18, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Fuel is $30 bpd yet Buhari's government is still selling to Nigerians at #145 per litre
grin truth buh be ready for bashing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by Bluffly: 7:39am On Mar 18, 2020
seunlayi:
thanks for speaking for us this is the time Nigerians need subsidies from government. This is not the time to introduce taxes, govt should give out now. Why Stamp duties while we are still struggling to encourage cashless economy?

The USA is about giving $1000 every 2 weeks to people. This is a trying time, I m expecting our honorables to monitizies their incoming imported cars to use it to aid people in the forthcoming hard times......

Naija will be great.

Ftc dedicated to those that belive govt should rather give out to people at this time rather than collecting from the masses
They don't need subsidy to reduce the pump price all they need to do is to ensure that the pump price is proportionate to the landing cost

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by Nobody: 7:44am On Mar 18, 2020
globalresource:
Atiku would have handle our economy better, I think

Not exactly...

1.Loan taking would have still continued under an Atiku admin because oil prices , even at $57 per barrel are too low for Nigeria

2.Atiku would have continued to spend billions on subsidy regimen...which would have continued to have a bad impact on the economy.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by darleenje: 7:44am On Mar 18, 2020
IWTBAB:
he would av handle ur gala-selling-family-business better.....talk 4 ur sef,supporter of thieves.

una still dey want people wey destroy una future & future of una pikin bak in power, suffer head no dey tire una 4 ds country? only in Nigeria.

if dis is coming from better people like Wole soyinka ,and oda elder statesmen and women, i go take dem serious and dey jump dey shout nice one, not a world renown thief like atiku wey dey sposnsor different crimes for Naija because him lose election. wey dem put our nation 4 darkness come get d biggest generator selling companies while in power. Nigerians neva 4get

Shut up, is Buhari and his men not robbing us blind?
Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by Nobody: 7:50am On Mar 18, 2020
The best suggestion Atiku can make is to call for oil subsidy removal.

That way, after an inital rise in prices, the cost of fuel would come down, with added investment, and increased production. And more jobs.
Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by Chamber2000: 7:56am On Mar 18, 2020
DenreleDave:
OK atiku

God bless yoruba nation.. Holder's of almost 12 Grammy awards..
Dominate entertainment industry, dominate movie industry. Nobel nko, baba soyinka get am.
Dominate sport.. Joshua, Israel
Yet some people hate us for no wrong.. Just like they hated Jesus for no sake.... Yet they are planning in masses to come hustle in Southwest states... Their daughter even change their names to yoruba names Cox of the shame in their names
They can't even bear their traditional name on the international stage, they rather change their name to English name start forming posh, fake posh

Like them like Arab
Like west like Europe and Americans
Abeg let's avoid hate...

Click on like if you are proud to be a yoruba
Omoluabi

If you are angry, pls don't quote me.
Zubby If you are seeing this, tell us your traditional name and stop bearing self named zubby Micheal

We even own nairaland grin
Small brains hide in tribe because they find solace there. Leave NL and get a fresh start

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by 7lives: 8:03am On Mar 18, 2020
breezeng:
Some people are damn crazy in here. Knowing fully well that reduction in fuel pump price will reduce hardship on the masses at least. Yet some people still discourage it because they hate Atiku. Atiku is a common Nigerian like you and me who has the right to his opinion not minding his political status and history

Atiku is not a common Nigerian like me, okay?.
Go to Ikoyi in Lagos, one of his numerous concubines live there, when they serve you food, you will wonder if the food is for you alone or more people are expected to join the feasting?.
If you can't eat out of shock, the cooks will beg you to eat or else madam will sack them.
A man who maintain such waste cannot speak for a common man like me, na poor I poor, I no craze.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by 7lives: 8:06am On Mar 18, 2020
blowjohn:

Aside that bro, let them ask: even when Buhari was not in power, what meaningful advice did he ever contribute to tackle any issue in the country?

CHAI
Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by caprini1: 8:11am On Mar 18, 2020
Mistaicey2288:

Even in Canada,house rents are deffered with two months,just to assist the masses ,but here its how to kill the masses,that the govt.is after.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed Denies Ordering NBC To Suspend BBNaija / Obasanjo, Saraki, Oyinlola In Closed-Door Meeting In Abeokuta / Faleke Wears Tinubu's Signature Cap As Buhari Signs 2023 Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.