Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,446 members, 7,846,848 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 03:52 AM

Both Islamics And Christian Invited: What Do You Think Happens After We Die? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Both Islamics And Christian Invited: What Do You Think Happens After We Die? (1891 Views)

When We Die! / UFO's And Christian Beliefs? / What Happens When We Die? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Both Islamics And Christian Invited: What Do You Think Happens After We Die? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:20am On Jan 06, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

@OLADEGBU

Thanks for the explanation. I really appreciate it.

However, I have to point out a point in your post that contradicts what I've been learning so far on this thread:

Are you sure about the bolded?

Or are you supporting the view that the waiting time span of each spirit for the judgment day is just a flash-point [immediate] for each person?

If you recall, we dont all die on the same day.

The Bible says "And as it is appointed to men once to die, but after this the judgment" -- Hebrews 9:27

As for the waiting time are you referring to see how long it took the rich man and Lazarus to get to their respective destinations? I believe Jesus painted the true picture when He narrated what happened at the death of the rich man and Lazarus. Don't confuse it with reincarnation or transmigration being taught by New Agers and cults. If you believe the Bible to be the word of God you will see that the verse quoted above shows that there is no such thing as reincarnation. It is merely wishful thinking for guilty sinners. Many of the world's largest religions teach their followers that if they don't get it right here on earth before they die that they would have multiple opportunities in future lives or that they would come back to haunt others. This is just one of the ploys that satan is using to prevent people from seeing the need to trust Jesus before they die.

Whenever a person dies that is when their spirit/soul departs from their bodies and goes back to its maker to face judgment and if the person's soul has trusted Jesus as their personal Saviour and Lord they will be present with the Lord until the time that the rapture will sound and their would be the bodily resurrection where they would receive a glorious body, that is, their spirit and body would now be rejoined to ever be with the Lord. (1 Cor. 15:50-54; )

If you repent and place your faith in Jesus Christ, He will give you eternal life and you can know that your eternity is secure and when you (spirit/soul) become absent from your body you will then be present with the Lord.

Re: Both Islamics And Christian Invited: What Do You Think Happens After We Die? by vedaxcool(m): 9:12am On Jan 06, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

The Bible says "And as it is appointed to men once to die, but after this the judgment" -- Hebrews 9:27

yet Lazarus died twice, another dilema you have sprouted.
Re: Both Islamics And Christian Invited: What Do You Think Happens After We Die? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:41am On Jan 06, 2011
vedaxcool:

yet Lazarus died twice, another dilema you have sprouted.

There is what is called exceptions to the rule but the general rule is for people to die once and after this judgment. God in His mercy may divinely intervene either due to prayers of the saints or His divine plan. Jesus said "I am the resurrection and the life" and He certainly rendered a lot of undertakers and professional mourners jobless when He was invited to funerals.

Enoch and Elijah were also exceptions to the rule that all men die and believers in Christ who are alive at the time the trumpet shall sound we shall not die but be changed into glorious bodies to ever remain with the Lord.
Re: Both Islamics And Christian Invited: What Do You Think Happens After We Die? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:28am On Jan 06, 2011
There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead
-- Luke 16:19-31

A careful observer will note and learn from the conversation between the rich man and Abraham here.

[list]
[li]1.  That Hell is a place of everlasting torment.
2.  That there is no purgatory where sinners can suffer awhile, atone for their sins and then be transfered to heaven.
3.  That there is no transmigration where a soul passes from one body to another.
4.  That the usual means of passing the gospel to sinners for conversion is by the saints on earth. (Lk.16:29-31; Acts.10:1-6,34-44). 
5.  That unless sinners, whether rich or poor, healthy or sick, repent they shall all likewise perish. (Lk.13:3).[/li]
[/list]

Beware of The Trap!

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0075/0075_01.asp

Re: Both Islamics And Christian Invited: What Do You Think Happens After We Die? by DeepSight(m): 4:48pm On Jan 06, 2011
THE “BIG WHOLE” PICTURE

Here we are. We find ourselves on Earth. In a material world, surrounded by Material things. We look up, and see the vastness of the heavens (material universe; stars) and we are humbled with wonder.

From the moment we are old enough to think, we begin to ask those ancient questions: "What are we, and what are we doing here. . . what is the purpose of all this. . ."

From the most ancient civilizations till date, man has come to recognise that although he lives in a material world, the things that matter most to him are entirely immaterial. To give the prime example - Love.

You can't touch it, you can barely see it, but you feel it in your heart. You know it is there.

Accordingly, men recognized the spiritual - the ancient pang within them for something that transcends this sphere. I should state at this point that the enigma of the spectre of death is crucial in the development of man's thinking in this regard.

If we accept the existence of the spiritual, then it is but a short leap from there, to the natural conclusion of most of humanity - namely that there is a core within man, that survives material decomposition at death. We know this, because we have felt it in our bossoms, at moments when we felt love, or a communal or patriotic spirit. . . Also the fact of visions during sleep (dreams) has always hinted at a deeper sub-conscious, which in many cases actually performs feats such as seeing the future. . . this again assures man that the spiritual is real.

Thus the question should properly read: what happens at death? What happens when the MATERIAL PART is set aside at the moment of death?

Man senses the existence of many possible realms of existence. Indeed, without the need for proof, he has actually experienced such realms within his inner life right here on this earth, in one faint form or the other.

In simple terms, the spirit is a spark of light emanating from the light of the Divine Oneness - God.

It has properties like a magnet. It can draw things to it, or repel things from it.

This simple secret is conveyed in all the ancient writings, and many people do not undertand the basis thereof.

"Whatever a man sows, the same shall he reap" - The words of Jesus. Here he was conveying the eternal truth that magnetic vibrations sent out by the human spirit will always return to it. It is the law of attraction of homogenuous species. It is a universal law, and the orientals have always known it, through their Karma-based religions.

Thus it is manifestly clear that, rearding the question of what happens at death, the human spirit will be naturally and magnetically attracted to that realm of existence which corresponds with its inner state.

A pure spirit will gravitate towards a pure realm. A dark spirit, towards a dark realm.

God is the cynosure of Divinity, and thus of purity. Thus the realms closest to HIM are the pure realms.

Those realms are what i understand by the word "Heaven".

As i have explained above, gravitation to those realms will only depend on the inner state of each human spirit. The inner state is a function of pure or dark thoughts, actions or volitions.

This is the same reason it is stated in Acts 10: 35 that "God is no respecter of persons, but in every nation, he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is acceptable to him".

Again, The Revelation of John the beloved, is replete with statements regarding judgment according to the works of each spirit.

Thus although Faith is good, each spirit must strive towards purity. Once the volition is right, the grace of God will help such a spirit attain the luminous heights of "paradise".

It can never be asserted with any degree of objectivity, that God in his perfection, would provide different criteria for salvation at different times, or to different peoples. And believing that each person must personally know Jesus of Nazareth is entirely absurd given that millions died without knowing of him already. Also millions more will die having heard of him, but entirely unable to believe anything about him on account of their different cultural backgrounds. God in HIS perfection has only ever required one thing of men, and that is LOVE.

Again note that when asked about salvation, Jesus himself stated that if a Man would love God and love his fellow man, all the law would be complete therein.

I verily believe that his commandments to believe in him, thus referred to obeying his commandment of Love, and nothing more. I can state this because he himself described what it entails to believe in him. HE said - "If you love me, you will obey my commandments." Thus a Mahatma Ghandi (a hindu) who goes through life spreading love and peace and brotherhood, already has "Christ" in him, much more than any person who proclaims belief in Christ, without those acts of love.

I also hope that i have been able to paint a composite picture of existence on Earth, transition to the luminous realms (heaven/ paradise) and the reasons therefore. In this, there is much scripture to support what i have written, aside from the few i quoted above.

Regards,
Deep Sight
Re: Both Islamics And Christian Invited: What Do You Think Happens After We Die? by alimat2(f): 4:52pm On Jan 06, 2011
Quran 67:6
And for those who disbelieved in their Lord is the punishment of Hell, and wretched is the destination.

67:7

When they are thrown into it, they hear from it a [dreadful] inhaling while it boils up.

67:8
It almost bursts with rage. Every time a company is thrown into it, its keepers ask them, "Did there not come to you a warner?"

67:9

They will say," Yes, a warner had come to us, but we denied and said, ' Allah has not sent down anything. You are not but in great error.' "

67:10

And they will say, "If only we had been listening or reasoning, we would not be among the companions of the Blaze."

67:11

And they will admit their sin, so [it is] alienation for the companions of the Blaze.

67:12

Indeed, those who fear their Lord unseen will have forgiveness and great reward.
Re: Both Islamics And Christian Invited: What Do You Think Happens After We Die? by alimat2(f): 4:57pm On Jan 06, 2011
When the earth is shaken with its [final] earthquake
99:2

And the earth discharges its burdens
99:3

And man says, "What is [wrong] with it?" -
99:4

That Day, it will report its news
99:5

Because your Lord has commanded it.
99:6

That Day, the people will depart separated [into categories] to be shown [the result of] their deeds.
99:7

So whoever does an atom's weight of good will see it,
99:8

And whoever does an atom's weight of evil will see it.
Re: Both Islamics And Christian Invited: What Do You Think Happens After We Die? by alimat2(f): 5:02pm On Jan 06, 2011
م
101:1

The Striking Calamity -
101:2

What is the Striking Calamity?
101:3

And what can make you know what is the Striking Calamity?
101:4

It is the Day when people will be like moths, dispersed,
101:5
And the mountains will be like wool, fluffed up.
101:6

Then as for one whose scales are heavy [with good deeds],
101:7

He will be in a pleasant life.
101:8

But as for one whose scales are light,
101:9

His refuge will be an abyss.
101:10

And what can make you know what that is?

101:11

It is a Fire, intensely hot.
Re: Both Islamics And Christian Invited: What Do You Think Happens After We Die? by alimat2(f): 5:05pm On Jan 06, 2011
102:1

Competition in [worldly] increase diverts you
102:2

Until you visit the graveyards.
102:3

No! You are going to know.
102:4

Then no! You are going to know.
102:5

No! If you only knew with knowledge of certainty,
102:6

You will surely see the Hellfire.
102:7

Then you will surely see it with the eye of certainty.
102:8

Then you will surely be asked that Day about pleasure.
Re: Both Islamics And Christian Invited: What Do You Think Happens After We Die? by alimat2(f): 5:17pm On Jan 06, 2011
[b]
Surat Al-Qiyāmah (The Resurrection) - سورة القيامة بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
75:1

I swear by the Day of Resurrection
75:2

And I swear by the reproaching soul [to the certainty of resurrection].
75:3

Does man think that We will not assemble his bones?
75:4

Yes. [We are] Able [even] to proportion his fingertips.
75:5

But man desires to continue in sin.
75:6

He asks, "When is the Day of Resurrection?"
75:7

So when vision is dazzled
75:8

And the moon darkens
75:9

And the sun and the moon are joined,
75:10
Man will say on that Day, "Where is the [place of] escape?"

75:11

No! There is no refuge.
75:12

To your Lord, that Day, is the [place of] permanence.
75:13

Man will be informed that Day of what he sent ahead and kept back.
75:14

Rather, man, against himself, will be a witness,
75:15

Even if he presents his excuses.

No! But you love the immediate
75:21

And leave the Hereafter.
75:22

[Some] faces, that Day, will be radiant,
75:23

Looking at their Lord.
75:24

And [some] faces, that Day, will be contorted,
75:25

Expecting that there will be done to them [something] backbreaking.
75:26

No! When the soul has reached the collar bones
75:27

And it is said, "Who will cure [him]?"
75:28

And the dying one is certain that it is the [time of] separation
75:29

And the leg is wound about the leg,
75:30

To your Lord, that Day, will be the procession.

75:31

And the disbeliever had not believed, nor had he prayed.
75:32

But [instead], he denied and turned away.
75:33
And then he went to his people, swaggering [in pride].
75:34

Woe to you, and woe!
75:35
Then woe to you, and woe!
75:36

Does man think that he will be left neglected?
75:37

Had he not been a sperm from semen emitted?
75:38

Then he was a clinging clot, and [ Allah ] created [his form] and proportioned [him]
75:39

And made of him two mates, the male and the female.
75:40

Is not that [Creator] Able to give life to the dead?[/b]
Re: Both Islamics And Christian Invited: What Do You Think Happens After We Die? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:59pm On Jan 06, 2011
@Ileke Idi,

If you are sincerely seeking for the answers to your questions you will have to embark on the study of comparative religions and arrive at your own conclusion. To get you going in the right direction peruse the link below about Religion and Resurrection.

http://www.icr.org/article/religion-resurrection/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It A Sin To Patronize Herbalists For Healing? / If God Is Everywhere Is He In Hell Too ?? / Who Can Explain This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.