Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,789 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: (27714 Views)

Enugu Airport Runway Death Trap - MD. OAS Helicopters / Coming To The Uk: Is It Easier To Come To Uk As A Spouse Than As A Student? / The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by justwise(m): 8:10am On Jan 29, 2015
saxywale:

Exactly!
Same scenario played out in most countries that opened their doors to immigrants in recent times, that is another reason why Canada is some years late in almost everything, all these friendly immigration programs(most closed now anyway) were copied from Europe, GREAT britain to be precise. From the days of HSMP, IGS, PSW e.t.c ...... The government is actually listening to these ignorant Canadians cos they have the power to vote them out hence they are tightening the rules e.g express entry
I know Canada needs immigrants especially the tim hortons, Mcdonalds and walmarts! I can't imagine how those places would function without them.
Care-in-giver has been changed too. They now need LMIA/LMO too. What that means is employers would have to consider Canadians and PR first before outsiders unlike before.

A lot of British resident I have met here left the UK to take advantage of better wages in Alberta cos of the oil sands, the wages in other provinces are low and of course ease of entry.

And Quebec would definitely not take in people cos they can speak French, if that was the case. Francophone countries in Africa would be empty by now. lol

You are absolutely spot-on, that is exactly what happened.
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by maternal: 1:07pm On Jan 29, 2015
justwise:

Then you cousin never had proper work permit, post-study work visa (PSW) is just 2years work visa given to every foreign student after graduation(though cancelled now) and its non-renewable.

Proper work visa gives you 5years route to ILR, first you will be given 3yrs when you renew that it will add up to the 5yrs needed for ILR.

Well he had proper work visa just not the one that leads him to ILR. So can't one transit from PSW to a proper work visa ? He did his master's there and worked with a good company. And isn't 5 years a long time just to get a ILR ? To get a renewal doesn't the company have to prove no Brit or EU member wants/can do the job ? Lastly, he's been there going on 5 years, are you telling me he's illegal ?
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 29, 2015
maternal:

Well he had proper work visa just not the one that leads him to ILR. So can't one transit from PSW to a proper work visa ? He did his master's there and worked with a good company. And isn't 5 years a long time just to get a ILR ? To get a renewal doesn't the company have to prove no Brit or EU member wants/can do the job ? Lastly, he's been there going on 5 years, are you telling me he's illegal ?
I don't he had proper work visa because he would need certificate of sponsorship from the company he is working for to get a work permit. And with that you can renew and apply for ilr just as justwise mentioned. most likely what he has is a post study work visa.
Note: Its possible to transit from psw to work permit, if the company gives COS(simolar to LMIA in canada). But unfortunatly, most companies do not give cos to junior staffs even the big ones. They prefer to use it for intra company transfer to bring in senior staff from a different country in which they operate.
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 29, 2015
justwise:

That is true, its tier 2 though difficult to get now because of change in immigration policies...market test thing.
Yeah. The Market testing is what Canada calls LMIA(labour market impact assessment) in their express entry system, though I don't know what is express about it when it makes immigration more difficult.. lol. One has to be outstanding before a company would think of going through that hassle.
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by mrnilobrawn: 4:42am On Jan 30, 2015
saxywale:

Yeah. The Market testing is what Canada calls LMIA(labour market impact assessment) in their express entry system, though I don't know what is express about it when it makes immigration more difficult.. lol. One has to be outstanding before a company would think of going through that hassle.
Whats your advice for ppl planing to come for studies with aim of getting PR. Any hope for those going to maritime province like New Brunswick? Is Australia better?
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by Nobody: 8:18am On Jan 30, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

Whats your advice for ppl planing to come for studies with aim of getting PR. Any hope for those going to maritime province like New Brunswick? Is Australia better?
Hi, I believe you studied chemical engineering. in my opinion, If you want PR via student route.. your best bet is the western provinces. Alot of peeps from NFL, NScotia and brunswick usually migrate to Alberta, and some to BC and sask cos of the oil and gas industry. The biggest industry in the maritime is fishing. I don't think that is something you would be interested in. You can study over there and migrate to the western provinces when you have the post graduate work permit but note that the pnp programs for express entry usually favours people that have studied in that particular province. E.g BC would find it easier to nominate a graduate from their province for the express entry program than say another graduate from Brunswick that migrated to BC. Not sure if Brunswick has a pnp and if it favours international students.

With regards to Australia, I really do not have much info about that country. A few of my friends migrated there to pick up jobs when the last recession hit Europe hard. But their immigration programs are very similar to that of Canada. The express entry introduced in Canada is an exact imitation of the Australian skill select program. They have provincial immigration programs too.

http://www.immi.gov.au/Stories/Pages/esther-nabitosi.aspx
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by Busybody2(f): 10:33am On Jan 30, 2015
saxywale:

How can I enter Canada too as a secondary school student tongue

How are you Obalola, the family nko wink What's your temperature like in April and July, wanna stopover in Calgary enroute to...but I am not ready to freeze cheesy
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by mrnilobrawn: 10:41am On Jan 30, 2015
@saxywale thank you for this. But from my research New Brunswick only has pnp for employer suport, family sponsor and business stream. I dought it favours student that much.
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 30, 2015
Busybody2:

How can I enter Canada too as a secondary school student tongue

How are you Obalola, the family nko wink What's your temperature like in April and July, wanna stopover in Calgary enroute to...but I am not ready to freeze cheesy
smiley smiley smiley. secondary school student ke.grin
it's still cold in April and early may...( April feels like UK winter). June and July are hot like naija tongue
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 30, 2015
mrnilobrawn:
@saxywale thank you for this. But from my research New Brunswick only has pnp for employer suport, family sponsor and business stream. I dought it favours student that much.
That's why I said the western provinces favours students. In Alberta, once you have a professional jobs with full time hours, you can apply for their PNP without involving employers. BC, sask and Manitoba all have friendly policies. Their prerequisite is that you studied in their province. Even if it's not guaranteed that the PNP would select you for express entry, at least you would have a chance.
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by Busybody2(f): 2:42pm On Jan 30, 2015
saxywale:

smiley smiley smiley. secondary school student ke.grin
it's still cold in April and early may...( April feels like UK winter). June and July are hot like naija tongue

Chei, so Easter is out then shocked possibly Summer then. Though not sure whether to do Canada first or last Going the NYC/Niagara falls route to/fro Calgary is already another journey in its own sad

Yes oh, it's for when I wanna contest the Presidency seat, don't want nobody doing a Buhari on me, Nigeria badly needs a female president, lol grin
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 30, 2015
Busybody2:

Chei, so Easter is out then shocked possibly Summer then. Though not sure whether to do Canada first or last Going the NYC/Niagara falls route to/fro Calgary is already another journey in its own sad

Yes oh, it's for when I wanna contest the Presidency seat, don't want nobody doing a Buhari on me, Nigeria badly needs a female president, lol grin
In April, we might be lucky to have some warm days. Yep...and even takes 4hours to fly from Toronto to Calgary. That's almost London to Lagos.lol
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by mrnilobrawn: 3:47pm On Jan 30, 2015
saxywale:

That's why I said the western provinces favours students. In Alberta, once you have a professional jobs with full time hours, you can apply for their PNP without involving employers. BC, sask and Manitoba all have friendly policies. Their prerequisite is that you studied in their province. Even if it's not guaranteed that the PNP would select you for express entry, at least you would have a chance.
Am very concern about this development. Applying for admission afresh!!!! Thats something else oo
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by Folabifreeman(m): 11:13am On Oct 24, 2021
2021 and all the predictions on this thread have come to pass
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by Folabifreeman(m): 11:14am On Oct 24, 2021
Saxywale how the hustle over there
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by Folabifreeman(m): 11:15am On Oct 24, 2021
Kidonig how the hustle
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by Folabifreeman(m): 1:38pm On Oct 24, 2021
Bmmp
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by feelgoodstuffs(m): 1:57pm On Oct 24, 2021
Folabifreeman:
2021 and all the predictions on this thread have come to pass

The trap has just been renewed.
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by Folabifreeman(m): 5:42pm On Oct 24, 2021
Go through this thread before applying to UK
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by Folabifreeman(m): 5:43pm On Oct 24, 2021
feelgoodstuffs:

The trap has just been renewed.
you're very Correct

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

There Is No Difference Between Nigeria Air And MMM — Nigerians / Truck Driver Strips, Puts Up "Dramatic Dispaly" After Hitting A Car (Video) / Father And Son Die In Motor Accident In Nasarawa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.