Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,926 members, 7,824,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? (10212 Views)

Poll: Is it?

Yes: 21% (7 votes)
No: 78% (25 votes)
This poll has ended

The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: / Coming To The Uk: Is It Easier To Come To Uk As A Spouse Than As A Student? / Why Cant Benin Be More Like Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by EloSela(f): 3:21pm On Dec 11, 2007
The UK is just like Nigeria?

To Nigerians in America and Nigerians at home….

I have been reading many denigrating posts about my home city on the Nairaland forum and I just wanted to respond to some of inaccuracies and misconceptions of the UK and especially London. And before anyone of you start and ask why I am defending ‘another man’s’ country or city the truth of the matter is that I do not see the UK as another man’s country, IT IS MINE! Yes that is right. God gave the UK to me for I was born here when I didn’t ask to be and so I happen to have a deep affection for it as I do for my parents country, Nigeria. Just like I would defend, Nigeria to the hilt against non-Nigerians which I often find myself doing I will also defend the country of my birth. Like it or lump it!

I can’t for the life of me think why anyone would say that London is like Lagos or that London, UK is a stepping stone in order to get to America. I, myself don’t see how the comparisons are even warranted or further more why some Nigerians in America think or would that be assume that they somehow a cut above Nigerians in the UK as if they themselves are living the life of Riley just because they happened to have made it over to America by the skin of their teeth.

Please.

BIG DEAL! America is not all that is cracked up to be and I speak from experience.

I travel at will and I have been all over the US from NY to LA and most states and cities in between including Detroit, Chicago, Vegas, Atlanta and Florida. If you ask me once you have seen one city or state in America you have practically seen it all. In my opinion I would even say that America is more like the advanced version of Nigeria and that Nigeria in no aspect is like the UK at all. If Nigeria were organised and more structured it would look exactly like America.

I have been to Houston and Dallas where there are Nigerians galore flossing and acting like they are the bee’s knees when that is far from the truth. During my first time in America, Houston to be exact, I came across a load of Nigerians who were quite demeaning in their manner and asked really silly questions designed to embarrass me because I happened to be from London; they only made themselves look foolish in the process.

They assumed that I didn’t have access to the things that they had such as a car or a driving licence?? Mobile phone or a credit/debit card?? That I didn’t have any money and assumed that I was after theirs, lol. Many of these people were working two or three jobs for every God sent hour just to make ends meet. They even made a big deal out of things we take for granted here in the UK like being able to go online at will or using a wireless connection. When I was in the US in 1995 I had my mobile. If I recall correctly everyone there at that time still had pagers. When I brought out my phone to use I was told promptly that the mobile phone was old technology and that was why Britain was still using it. The exact words were ‘That one don pass for here’. I was like ok, all the while wondering how anyone would think that a pager was so much more efficient than a mobile phone.

Another time in LA, a Nigerian even asked me if we had Range Rovers or Rolls Royces in London? Another stated that it was ‘hard to get an office’ job in London and he assumed that I had a cleaning job gig. This one proceeded to try and make a big deal out of having just an Office Admin job himself, lol. Some of the questions were downright hilarious to be honest but sad and pathetic at the same time. To me they still had the ‘Never left Nigeria’ mentality. It was like they had transported themselves to a more advanced Nigeria and taken on a ‘Homer Simpson’ like quality.

Is it a Nigerian thing to be pretentious, demeaning and over-egotistical when one wants to prove that they have it better than the other? This I believe is the reason why many Black Americans that I know say that they can not stand most of the Nigerians who live in America that they come across. When I was in Atlanta I heard a lot of them slag off Nigerians while I was present and then become embarrassed when I would reveal to them that I was of Nigerian descent…but they still continued. I am also frequent member of many African American boards and one in particular always has a bash Nigerian thread every so often. Why is this? Could it be that the same demeaning attitude that some Nigerians in America display on here is also practised against their Black American counterparts? I wonder?

Recently I had a relative from Nigeria visit London for the first time. I took this person out and showed them the sights and sounds of London, including several shows at Theatre land, posh Italian and Japanese restaurants, the London Eye, Live music and cultural events at the National Theatre and shopping at Lakeside and Bluewater, the second biggest shopping centre in Europe after Gateshead, UK. This was all to no avail because this person still turned around and told me that they were not impressed with anything they had seen. I was like ok O!. This coming from someone who had lived in Ketu, Lagos most their life! Why the front? Of course next time I won’t bother. That person is now back in Nigeria burning up my phone and leaving messages asking if I can sponsor them to come back.

Anyway I think that any Nigerian who is planning to leave the Nigeria should go straight to America. Just bypass the UK.

You hate it, I love it!

The UK is just an Island but a very rich Island.

London is not overrated at all as some Nigerians in America have suggested. It is an extremely beautiful city. Bill Bryson stated in his book Notes from a Small Island that there were 445,000 listed buildings, 12,000 medieval churches, 1,500,000 acres (6,000 km²) of common land, 120,000 miles (190,000 km) of footpaths, and public rights-of-way, 600,000 known sites of archaeological interest and that in his Yorkshire village at that time, there were more 17th-century buildings than in the whole of North America! In fact it many World leading Analysts argue that it is the Financial capital of the world and NOT New York. I know some Nigerians working in the heart City earning at least £200k per annum not to mention the fat bonuses that they bank every year.
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/27/business/worldbusiness/27london.html

It is also a leading cultural and business centre. There is nothing and I mean absolutely nothing that one cannot get in London. It is an International transport hub with at least 4 major International airports. Why would a city need as many airports if no one wanted to come here? And yes Heathrow is the busiest airport in the world.

We have Nigerians in America and Nigerians at home complaining about the London underground, ignorant to the fact that every subway system in the world has been derived from the London system, which also happens to the be the first such public transportation system in the world. You guys can keep the hard plastic seats and the noisy ‘clangy’ metal carriages of the New York and Chicago systems together with the overfed cat sized rats that constantly run riot in the city; I will take the soft cushioned seats and the and the sturdy steel carriages of the tube any day of the week!

Those complaining about the houses being too small obviously don’t have the funds to live in a mansion in Kensington, Chelsea, Belgravia or Mayfair, just like many at home in Nigeria don’t have the funds to live in any of the exclusive places in Lagos such as VI or Lekki.

I enjoy living and being in London. The quality of life I feel is miles better than America for me. When I have a baby I will know that I can take a whole year of work for maternity leave and still get paid a full salary for at least 6 months and half pay for the other 6. My husband can also enjoy paternity leave.

When I was in The Gambia last year I met an American lady who told me that after she had her daughter she was allowed to take just 6 weeks unpaid leave. Now if that is not backwards then I do not know what is.

I also enjoy having 30 days exclusive of sick days, which equates to 6 weeks paid vacation time a year. A person who loves to travel like me would find it hard in America because I heard that 10 days on average paid leave are the standard. Working hours a week are only a maximum of 40 in the UK, (I do just 35 a week) in the US I have heard of people doing up to 50-80 hours a week which is downright ridiculous!

Many complain that the UK is racist. But do you think America is less racist? A country where convicted felons are not allowed to vote and where many of these felons happen to be black men and women? If that is not racism on a grand scale then I do not know what is. A country something like the Jena 6 can happen??

The list goes on.
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by Seun(m): 3:24pm On Dec 11, 2007
What part of your essay has anything to do with the idea that the UK is just like Nigeria?
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by EloSela(f): 4:08pm On Dec 11, 2007
Seun:

What part of your essay has anything to do with the idea that the UK is just like Nigeria?

I am asking a hypothetic question hence the question mark and stating reasons why I feel that that is not indeed the case contrary to what I have read on this board.
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by almondjoy(f): 4:14pm On Dec 11, 2007
@Poster

I think you were born in Nigeria and are a Nigerian.  A true Brit would not make all this noise you are making here without provocation. You should worry more about Nigeria than waving the Union Jack all over Nairaland.  Let the REAL citizens of the UK worry about whatever "complexes" may exist between both.  You are only a guest over there, so act like one! wink

Frankly speaking--the UK is an extension of Nigeria. You will have to live outside of the UK to understand what that means not visit for a short while.  The mindsets are different.  Just think of UK as Shagamu and US as South Africa! wink

Yes, the housing and road net works are restrictive.  UK has a highly claustrophobic environment.  You cannot move around in a typical house without knocking things over. I like a lot of space and cannot imagine family of 6 sharing one toilet in a homewith 3 sardine can of rooms without closet spaces, all in the name of "conservatism". --- Like Buckingham palace is like that or what? No parking spaces for your vehicles.  In this day of central heating and air conditioning, those guys are still mounting those ugly metal heating crap against the walls.   Gosh!

Don't get me wrong--UK has its own appeal, but you can never adjust to that kind of lifestyle over there when you have tasted driving on 6-8 lanes of dual carriage freeways and interState highways!  They  do not ride horses on roads in the US.  People over there have RANCHES!

One more thing--the ugliest red neck in the US is prettier than the most royal of Brit citizens!  For example, most of the white trailer thrash rat packs featured on Jerry Springer show are prettier than your Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles.

Mennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!  Those people in the UK are damn ugly with terrible weather bitten skin like Cow hide! cheesy  The girls are way to ugly compared to those in America! Just accept it! Don't be be hating!  Most oyinbo British people are ugly and usually have bad teeth--sticking out of their lips!!!!!!!! embarassed  Fashion sense---ZERO!!!!!

Better job opportunities in the US than in UK/Nigeria too!
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by folahann(m): 4:16pm On Dec 11, 2007
This is not worth a question lkie that
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by EloSela(f): 4:58pm On Dec 11, 2007
almondjoy:

@Poster

I think you were born in Nigeria and are a Nigerian. A true Brit would not make all this noise you are making here without provocation. You should worry more about Nigeria than waving the Union Jack all over Nairaland. Let the REAL citizens of the UK worry about whatever "complexes" may exist between both. You are only a guest over there, so act like one! wink

Frankly speaking--the UK is an extension of Nigeria. You will have to live outside of the UK to understand what that means not visit for a short while. The mindsets are different. Just think of UK as Shagamu and US as South Africa! wink

Yes, the housing and road net works are restrictive. UK has a highly claustrophobic environment. You cannot move around in a typical house without knocking things over. I like a lot of space and cannot imagine family of 6 sharing one toilet in a homewith 3 sardine can of rooms without closet spaces, all in the name of "conservatism". --- Like Buckingham palace is like that or what? No parking spaces for your vehicles. In this day of central heating and air conditioning, those guys are still mounting those ugly metal heating crap against the walls. Gosh!

Don't get me wrong--UK has its own appeal, but you can never adjust to that kind of lifestyle over there when you have tasted driving on 6-8 lanes of dual carriage freeways and interState highways! They do not ride horses on roads in the US. People over there have RANCHES!

One more thing--the ugliest red neck in the US is prettier than the most royal of Brit citizens! For example, most of the white trailer thrash rat packs featured on Jerry Springer show are prettier than your Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles.

Mennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn! Those people in the UK are damn ugly with terrible weather bitten skin like Cow hide! cheesy The girls are way to ugly compared to those in America! Just accept it! Don't be be hating! Most oyinbo British people are ugly and usually have bad teeth--sticking out of their lips!!!!!!!! embarassed Fashion sense---ZERO!!!!!

Better job opportunities in the US than in UK/Nigeria too!

LOL! why would anyone want to lie about being born in the UK? This is what I mean by Nigerians making a big deal out out stuff that we take for granted. The fact that I was born in the UK is really no issue but something that I thought I would mention so that people would understand where I was coming from and why I felt the need to start this thread. I am new to the forum and I have been reading many of the threads in the travel section (seen as I like to travel) and I was a bit incensed about what I read about London.

Of course you would see the UK as an extension of the Nigeria if you only manage to sample the sights and sounds of Peckham. I mean I near by came to the same conclusion when I was in Houston and Dallas. Nigerians in every shape or form were everywhere. They had their own churches and shops. The same thing in Atlanta. I think every Nigerian looking to leave Nigeria should just go there because they would feel right at home. The Americans love their big houses and cars, a Nigerian man’s dream and sign of prosperity. In England we have a different focus. Yes we have the big houses and the cars but it is really no big deal.

In New York I met several people paying at least $1000 for a room not even big enough to swing a cat. One even shared their room with several giant sized cockroaches. I was once caught in Chicago without any money and was forced to stay in an area where there were plenty Nigerians, near a university. There were drug addicts galore and the place stunk of piss. A train line ran just outside my room and with the metal clashing every time creating a thunderous sound. Everyday I used to wake up from this sound thinking that someone was trying to murder me in my bed. Pleasant it was not. Now if I had the money I could have stayed somewhere better but I did not. My point is many Nigerian come to England with just a pittance to spend and when there money doesn’t go as far as they like they moan. When they choose to spend every hour hanging around Nigerians, they claim that England is like Nigeria. Please it is a very ignorant statement to make considering the fact that England is made up of a population of 60million and black people (Nigerians and other blacks) make up less than 2% of this population. Now do your sums. If you come to England and choose to spend your time hanging around the minority of a population are you being biased when you claim that the country is an extension of Nigeria? I think you are.

And yes there is central heating, lol@ you thinking and making a big deal about not having one. And in America, especially in the suburbs most homes use a boiler (furnace) to heat up their homes just like we do. We call it central heating don’t know what you guys call it. Again why make an issue out of something so petty? It is just like my relative telling me that people in Nigeria have mops just because I hadn’t been bothered to go out and replace the one that I had thrown out a few months before and had been using a cloth to wipe my wooden floors…lol

About the horses, I have only seen policeman ride horses in the London the same as in New York. Horse riding is popular in the country areas as in America but not in the city.

From what you have written however, I can deduce that you have never really been to the UK otherwise why would you make an issue about the kind of roads you drive on? I hope you don’t foolishly assume that there aren’t any motorways in London?

Most Nigerians in America always seem to have an axe to grind when it comes to England and I can’t for the life think why.
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by omega25red(m): 5:06pm On Dec 11, 2007
gosh you wrote a complete essay to talk about the fact that Nigeria is not like London

gasps and leaves undecided
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by babasin(m): 5:10pm On Dec 11, 2007
UK is not better than Lagos.

in summer; the tube is 39sitting and 99standing.

all sweating like pigs.

the briticos even advice me against the tube. I did once, it broken down and we had to walk in the hot tunnel.  terrible
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by EloSela(f): 5:11pm On Dec 11, 2007
folahann:

This is not worth a question lkie that

Why? I have read so many denigrating comments on this board and I sincerely want to know why because most of the reasons people give are so shallow.

I find it insulting that Nigerians in America would be so demeaning to their counterparts in the UK. Many of us work very hard and we live very well.
Don’t assume that we all sign on and claim benefit because we don’t!
Don’t assume that we all live in council properties because we don’t! Many people own homes but unlike in Nigeria, these homes are seeing as an investment. Just because you see someone living in a box room in the heart of London city it doesn’t mean that they can not afford a mansion in the suburbs. Most likely they probably bought that property for about £50,000 and are looking to sell it for £150,000.
Just because Ken is trying to make London and car free zone, don’t assume that there are no roads to drive on or quality cars to drive. Germany, not America, the car capital of the world is only a mere hour away!
Don’t assume that we are all cleaners and trying to save up money to go to America because… er…no…we're not!lol

P.S not having a go at you, just stressing my point further.
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by almondjoy(f): 5:14pm On Dec 11, 2007
Okay.  Dearest poster, please stay in the UK.  No one is forcing you to leave.  Some of us can never dream of living in the UK either. To each his own.  This world is large enough to contain all.  Don't upset yourself too much. It is the season to be jolly! wink

Happy Holidays!
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by babasin(m): 5:14pm On Dec 11, 2007
Why? I have read so many denigrating comments on this board and I sincerely want to know why because most of the reasons people give are so shallow.

all sweating like pigs.

the briticos even advice me against the tube. I did once, it broken down and we had to walk in the hot tunnel. terrible
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by EloSela(f): 5:17pm On Dec 11, 2007
@Almondjoy

Re: better job opportunities. Is that why it is not unusual for an American to have more than two jobs?

Re: Ugly people

No answer to even justify this nonsensical response.

The general conception of Americans is that they are quite dumb and it would appear that some Nigerians have taken on this quality in a vain attempt to fit in with their host country and appear even more American! Pitiful!
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by Iman3(m): 5:22pm On Dec 11, 2007
@EloSela

Never mind the obese,no-NHS,death-penalty loving,higher murder/rape/sexual assault/ rates ignorant Americans and Yank wannabes. grin grin

God Save The Queen grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by EloSela(f): 5:25pm On Dec 11, 2007
babasin:

all sweating like pigs.

the briticos even advice me against the tube. I did once, it broken down and we had to walk in the hot tunnel. terrible

No different that NY or Chicago subway during rush hour. I would rather travel on the tube and know that I will be where I want to be within 10 minutes than to be stuck in a giant traffic jam in Lagos for hours, sitting in a seat meant for 3 but used for 7, (all of whom are sweating and stinking of severe BO) on a banged out bus that should have been condemned years ago.

What is your point?

Home is Home but com'on now even some of us Nigerians have standards.
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by almondjoy(f): 5:25pm On Dec 11, 2007
EloSela:

@Almondjoy

Re: better job opportunities. Is that why it is not unusual for an American to have more than two jobs?

Re: Ugly people

No answer to even justify this nonsensical response.

The general conception of Americans is that they are quite dumb and it would appear that some Nigerians have taken on this quality in a vain attempt to fit in with their host country and appear even more American! Pitiful!

I say sorry now! grin  Don't be annoyed please.

Who send me message today?

babasin:

all sweating like pigs.

This girl or woman is out for blood today ooooooooooooooooooooooh!  Abeg no piss am off! grin Remember we went to Iraq to fight hand in hand--even if some of us got shot by "friendly fire"! cheesy
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by EloSela(f): 5:28pm On Dec 11, 2007
almondjoy:

Okay. Dearest poster, please stay in the UK. No one is forcing you to leave. Some of us can never dream of living in the UK either. To each his own. Thiis world is large enough to contain all. Don't upset yourself too much. It is the season to be jolly! wink

Happy Holidays!

What a cop out after your oh fiery and passionate response to my thread.

I know no one is asking me to leave the UK but that wasn’t an issue that I was addressing.

Merry Christmas to you and yours too! grin
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by almondjoy(f): 5:30pm On Dec 11, 2007
EloSela:

What a cop out after your oh fiery and passionate response to my thread.

I know no one is asking me to leave the UK but that wasn’t an issue that I was addressing.

Merry Christmas to you and yours too! grin

Sorry oh? No ves abeg! I dey go! cheesy
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by EloSela(f): 5:30pm On Dec 11, 2007
omega25red:

gosh you wrote a complete essay to talk about the fact that Nigeria is not like London

gasps and leaves undecided

It is what people do on message boards. Post about topics we want to rant about. Are internet forums a new concept to you?

Never mind. Good bye!
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by EloSela(f): 5:39pm On Dec 11, 2007
@ I-man
Innit. believe me I love America but it has it's shortcomings, plenty of them. i was reading one thread where someone was saying that America was the capital of the world in Finance, Fashion and everything else.

America is not the fashion capital of the world it is in Europe, namely Paris, followed by Milan and London. New York is in there somewhere but that is just one city out of the whole of America. You guys can keep your Calvin Kline, DKNY and Tommy Hill and those ugly dooney and Burke bags. I will take the LV, Dior, Chanel and Dolce and Gabanna any time over those so called fashion.

The only thing that America can claim to be the capital of is the murder rate, namely Washington DC. followed by other American cities such as Chicago and New Orleans.

1 Like

Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by omoge(f): 5:43pm On Dec 11, 2007
Blimey grin
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by Abedisi(m): 11:11pm On Dec 11, 2007
Me grandma once told me a story and it goes like this, "Their use too be a rich white man and he had a bird he really cared for.The bird was spoilt and well feed,but still the bird was not satisfied and longed to go back home, on this memorable day he said to his loving rich friend oom his oom(home is home). The rich man was sad and decided to bug the bird and let him have his freedom. The rich man later went on a search for his good friend and he found him in a dirty environment and he was looking hungry but he was glad to be home"

Where is your home? Lets be proud of who we are and not where we live,
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by dtwsola(m): 11:55pm On Dec 11, 2007
Abedisi:

Me grandma once told me a story and it goes like this, "Their use too be a rich white man and he had a bird he really cared for.The bird was spoilt and well feed,but still the bird was not satisfied and longed to go back home, on this memorable day he said to his loving rich friend oom his oom(home is home). The rich man was sad and decided to bug the bird and let him have his freedom. The rich man later went on a search for his good friend and he found him in a dirty environment and he was looking hungry but he was glad to be home"

Where is your home? Lets be proud of who we are and not where we live,

Abi o! It's kind of illy for Nigerians to be arguing for other man's country. If I had enough money right now, I'll be booking my ticket and packing my goods and head back home. Home is where the heart is.
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by Godwin1(m): 3:52am On Dec 12, 2007
Narialand the great i hail oh , wonder they say never end , truely indeed as i have really come to understand it even more better as i read from one topic to another on this site especially as the poster of this tread fight so hard pass her message clear to everyone of us who care to read through, abeg my sister rest your case for there are much better things you can do with your time because it seem to me you forgot that you are just a national insurance number to the uk government (citizen or non citizen),

anyway you guys make my day,
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by labiyemmy(m): 4:07am On Dec 12, 2007
I laugh - son we will hear British Nigerians just like some goons are calling themselves American Nigerians - hahaha

It is no more Nigerians in Nigeria versus Nigerians in Diaspora - it is now Nigerians in London versus Nigerians in America.

You now see why i laugh?
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by almondjoy(f): 6:01am On Dec 12, 2007
See them oh! shocked Becuase I keep una quiet? cheesy

Ugly British people with rabbit teeth! cheesy Abeg make una go find braces take "gather" una teeth and stop spitting on people sitting across the table while you are eating in restuarants. Una even get am for "freckles" with tufts of hair in the middle scattered all over your butts!  You look just like your cartoon characters in comic books.

Dirty people who only shower at night to save time every morning, since everyone has to queue up to go to the "loo" in the morning--one toilet being yanked with some kind of chain by the side to flush(dem colonial toilets).  Running out of the house with the same undies every morning--stinking up the whole place. Always scratching here and there like you have fleas.  We have seen you guys with solidified "lip worms" and dried sputum across your cheeks as you dash for the tubes to your various destinations in the mornings. Smelling mouths! grin

Come on clearrrrrrrrrrout of here- you bloody london foggers!  I say y'all should be quiet or we send more of you to Iraq.  Ewu Blairrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs like y'all! angry Remember when Georgie Bushie says Jump you jump! Awon follow follows!

Uncle Alabi--no make me vex oh!  I just dey respect you as ma elder! angry

Except Siena of course!

That Elosela don wake up--make I dey go! grin
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by egin(m): 6:20am On Dec 12, 2007
Abi o! It's kind of illy for Nigerians to be arguing for other man's country. If I had enough money right now, I'll be booking my ticket and packing my goods and head back home. Home is where the heart is.

Home is where you work and earn a living. Period
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by almondjoy(f): 6:23am On Dec 12, 2007
egin:

Please leave those tenth world diasporans alone! Home is where the heart is and right now it is between the[b] greatest country in the world-US [/b] and the extention of Lagos--UK! tongue Those ones in Nigeria who are still fasting and praying for God to put them out of their misery can definitely not contribute anything here--so make una go siddon with Adeboye and Okotie yonder.  Hungry people.  This thread is for Nigerians in the G-8 natiions not G minus 50 nations! cheesy
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:36am On Dec 12, 2007
Pathetic thread.
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by scambater(m): 6:38am On Dec 12, 2007
@ poster

Why so much hate for America, I'm sure the UK is a grate place to live, never been there excerpt stopping over on my way to Nigeria. There must be something you not telling us Pls forgive me for not reading the  whole of you essay it was too long for a lazy Nigerian American like me grin.
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:46am On Dec 12, 2007
grin grin All i could do was laugh! Who really cares whether you live in Germany, the UK or Iceland?
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by EloSela(f): 7:05am On Dec 12, 2007
davidylan:

grin grin All i could do was laugh! Who really cares whether you live in Germany, the UK or Iceland?

*Shock horror* You don't? , well Good for you! *rolls eyes*

scambater:

@ poster

Why so much hate for America, I'm sure the UK is a grate place to live, never been there excerpt stopping over on my way to Nigeria. There must be something you not telling us Please forgive me for not reading the whole of you essay it was too long for a lazy Nigerian American like me grin.

I don't hate America, , oh wait! you didn't read it. Well next time read all before responding. Reading is fundamental you know. The quote ' better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt' will not be applied to you so easily then.

stillwater:

Pathetic thread.

Pathetic response.

dtw_sola:

Which part of 'I see the the UK as my Home' didn't you understand. It is not another man's country to me it is mine. Nigeria is my motherland, the Uk is Elo's land, geddit?
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by almondjoy(f): 7:23am On Dec 12, 2007
Now you can feel the heat from the US diasporans! Don't mess with the US of A.---Dundee Uniteds!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hotels Close To Walter Carrington / LASTMA Announces Closure Of Ahmadu Bello Way, Suggests Alternative Routes / So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.