Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Acn Dumps Ribadu! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Acn Dumps Ribadu! (9564 Views)

ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN / ACN Governors Are Fake Progressives - Mimiko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by dayokanu(m): 6:26pm On Dec 29, 2010
When Buhari picked an Igboman as VP in the last two elections, was he able to win any SE state? No

Buhari/SE = Only Northern votes

Buhari/SW = Northern votes + 6-7 SW states vote

Which one makes sense to any rational observer?
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by dayokanu(m): 6:31pm On Dec 29, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

The North nor Buhari wants to settle for the VP slot. They want the presidency. Being a Vice President is only ceremonial. Why would they join the ACN to become a Vice President? If you can see with their beef with GEJ, they want the top spot.

Is the ACN offering Buhari VP? No So this situation is not worth discussing

And the SE is rallying behind APGA. Abia, Ebonyi & Imo is in play. If it wasn't for Sullivan Chime, Enugu would be in play as well, but he is doing a good job under the PDP umbrella.

How far has the APGA gone in the SE They only have Anambra under control, So what gives the assurance that they would get other states

The ACN has Lagos, Osun, Ekiti Edo and Ondo(In agreement with the Labour party). Oyo and ogun are definitely going to fall
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by OchiAgha2(m): 6:31pm On Dec 29, 2010
Too bad both parties ambition is at odds with each other.  grin
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by dayokanu(m): 6:33pm On Dec 29, 2010
Buhari has tried 2 SE as VP in the past and couldnt win one single SE state.

It would be unwise to keep doing the same thing and hope for a different result.

The ACN can guarantee him votes and 6-7 states. If you were Buhari who would you go with?
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by OchiAgha2(m): 6:35pm On Dec 29, 2010
dayokanu, maybe you should talk to the ACN elders to put their ambition aside in order to work with Buhari and his party.  grin
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by Parnassuss(m): 6:37pm On Dec 29, 2010
I think this is a test for Ribadu; will he distinguish himself from the crowd of bootlicking grovellers a.k.a politicians and work for the good of the party and the nation at large to oust this horrid PDP, or will he play the ever present Iago and sulk his way out. He has been called an egomaniac, if he truly is then I believe he will take the latter road.
Buhari is NOT the strongest candidate from the North, he is the practical the Nation can produce in this quagmire.
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by dayokanu(m): 6:42pm On Dec 29, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

dayokanu, maybe you should talk to the ACN elders to put their ambition aside in order to work with Buhari and his party. grin

And what does the ACn and SW gain from this?
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 29, 2010
Ozin,

Despite the Northern elites in PDP, ANPP led by Buhari has been able to win several key states including the biggest state in the North for the past 8yrs. Not to talk of Zamfara, Kebbi, Yobe, Borno, Bauchi etc

And inspite of winning those states,he was still not able to win the presidency and his home states.
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by dayokanu(m): 6:48pm On Dec 29, 2010
Last election he was contesting against Yar Adua who is also from his home state.

Consider the number of states ANPP has gained from the PDP in that time frame and you would see how much power Buhari wields in the North.

Bauchi with the Popularity of Muazu fell to ANPP, Yobe, Jigawa, Borno, Kano are under his hold
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by OchiAgha2(m): 6:48pm On Dec 29, 2010
dayokanu:

And what does the ACn and SW gain from this?

Now I know who I am combating in this debate.  grin A person cut from my own cloth. You are a realist. I can see your approach to this argument is from the realist point of view. I do not blame you though. We all want to look out for what is best for our own region. But is this a zero-sum game?
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by dayokanu(m): 7:03pm On Dec 29, 2010
Politics is a game of reality. Else you would be shortchanged.

Yorubas in 1999 voted for their man Falae, In 2003, they voted for OBJ who though is a useless person but is still Yoruba

In Politics, You dont enter into an alliance without having something to get from it.

SW know they dont have a realistic shot at Number 1 (Presidency) and they would bargain for the next best thing they can get.

Whats their bargaining power 6-7 states votes.

A GEJ presidency relegates Yorubas to number 5 in Nigeria, While a Buhari/ACN presidency makes them number 2. If for any reason Buhari dies before his term completes like Yar'adua. SW becomes President again just the way GEJ became.

If you say VP is ceremonial, think about How a ceremonial GEJ became numero uno.

Like I said earlier, the earlier the Igbos rally round APGA and kick out PDP the better for them. PDP has nothing to offer them.

With APGA they can get 5-6 states bloc votes and thats a huge bargaining power
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by Becomrich12: 7:08pm On Dec 29, 2010
dayokanu, Buhari can only get vice president, because his party does not have any states. And there is an issue of winning. He would not win if he runs as president, the PDP would claim they won yorubaland. So you want to block that for you to win.

And the only way PDP can not make that claim is you run a yorubaman/ Buhari as vice president. It is impossible for Jonathan to claim he won the far North. Jonathan is hoping he runs against a Northerner. this is only way to dash Jonathan hope.

But if you have Buhari as President and a Yorubaman as vice president, the PDP would tell you they won yorubaland. And you lost the election.

If you have a Yorubaman as President and buhari as vice president. What it means is that you have block the PDP in Yorubaland and also block the PDP in the far North.

So you go with Yorubaman / buhari as vice president and block the PDP in Yorubaland and that also block the PDP in the far North.

If they claim they won. you show satellite pictures.
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by OchiAgha2(m): 7:09pm On Dec 29, 2010
Well it would seem that the Northerners and Yorubas only vote for their own which is sad. Igbos are known not to vote based on tribal allegiance , but based on what the person represents. That is what makes us different I guess. We don't care if the person is Yoruba, Hausa, Ijaw, Kanuri etc. As long as the person is the right man for the job.

Here is an interesting read I came across. Maybe you should take the time to read this statement with an open mind. It concerns the clamoring for Buhari and the religious crisis in Jos.

I pity the yorubas down south clamouring for buhari, buhari, buhari. La la la. I pity you guys. Most of you have not been to the North. Why do you like buhari? he is going to rule with fairness right? he has no record of corruption right? but so do jonathan. But ask yourselves these questions: Why is the north clamoring for buhari? Do you think you have common grounds? Someone gave a comment above that CPC is a party to beat in the North, why? find out or i will tell you myself. The north is extremely religious, and i MEAN WHAT I JUST SAID. The north supports Buhari because, first, he's one of their own, second, because he's muslim. The north supports any government, whether corrupt or not, so far he's one of theirs. In this last victory AC have swept over PDP in the southwest, it is glaring that the south-west is after excellence, transparency, ability, and they are less concerned about religious affiliations of the subject. that is not the same in the north. When PDP rigged the last election, was it only in the South west and south east? why is it then that it was only in these regions that some govs were removed from office? PDP rigged extremely in the north. Eye witnesses said ballot papers weren't available in a lot of places, i mean SERIOUS rigging. But tell me, which of those states did they call to remove the governor? It is because he gives them "toshi" i.e bribe in hausa language. I mean money is spread in the populace and everyone keeps quiet. A typical hausa/fulani man wants to sit and collect money without doing anything. they dont have excellence, transparency, justice in their calender, all they have is religious bigotry.

If injustice, killings, theft, corruption can be done to further their religion, there is no problem. You have not been to the north, or only visited the north, i perceive. You DON'T KNOW this people at all. I am talking from more than 20years experience in the north. You need to see the hatred they have for non-indigenes and christians. Pls believe me. i know what i'm saying. Ok. Don't we have christians in the North? We have a LOT of them, significant, inteligent able people. The north has never fielded a christian from the north as its candidate. and dont forget the emergence of Obasanjo was a permissive will when they knew it would be disastrous to hold onto power any longer. Just replace buhari with a northern christian from Jos, or any part of it, then CPC is gone. Yes, that is the fact. I must let you know this. Ok now. Listen. do you know the agenda of the North? Do you know that saudi, iran, possibly iraq, libya, sudan, all sponspor northerners to make sure they islamise nigeria? Do you know that a typical northerner (hausa/fulani) sees a NigeriEn as a brother more that a fellow christian NigeriAn? Do you know they import foriengners from Niger and Sudan, chad to fight their fellow nigerian? If you dont know, you had better know NOW!

I have seen a circular they never wanted it to leak but it did like it has always done. In it, they buried hyena in sudan, casting spells, financial support from islamic nations. Their every year hajj in Saudi, what do you think they go to do? They go to plan and strategise. The nations (the islamic nations mentioned above were surprised as to why they(Nigerian muslims, maybe the ones of norther extract) have not been able to capture nigeria. What do you think about Ivory coast? Who do you think are behind alassan quatarra? they are backing him. Pls find out. What about Sudan's albashir? Find out. If you dont know, they have a world agenda. Uk is taken over already. in the 1970s, there not many muslims in the UK, but today there is a 30-fold increase. 30yrs ago america has about 100,000 muslims, but today they have well over 9 million muslims. What makes you think Nigeria is an exception? If you don't know, Buhari is the man. Find out about buhari, do an honest research. Buhari may give you justice, food, and whatever for the time being but you must know that sharia is coming to stay, or the way will be well prepared for it that it can no longer be resisted. Why do we have arabic on our Naira note in the first place? Obasanjo came and erased the new currency. We want the rest to be erased. Jonathan must do that. We are no islamic nation. Organisation of Islamic Countries will be signed. Why is Jos in crises? Do you think it is ethnic problem? don't let the press fool you. It is purely religious. Find out yourself. I am myself an extract of the Southwest who has been in the north for over 20 years.

The freedom you want, justice and whatever will turn to Sharia.
My opionion: YOu can go ahead and choose whoever you think is best for governors (whether ACN or whatever) but when it comes to presidency SHINE YOUR EYES OOOOO. Pls and Pls. Pls and Pls. think.
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by Becomrich12: 7:10pm On Dec 29, 2010
dayokanu, Buhari can only get vice president, because his party does not have any states.  And there is an issue of winning. He would not win if he runs as president, the PDP would claim they won yorubaland. So you want to block that for you to win.

And the only way PDP can not make that claim is you run a yorubaman/ Buhari as vice president. It is impossible for Jonathan to claim he won the far North.  Jonathan is hoping he runs against a Northerner. this is only way to dash Jonathan hope.

But if you have Buhari as President and a Yorubaman as vice president, the PDP would tell you they won yorubaland. And you lost the election.

If you have a Yorubaman as President  and buhari as vice president. What it means is that you have block the PDP in Yorubaland and also block the PDP in the far North.

So you go with Yorubaman / buhari as vice president and block the PDP in Yorubaland and that also block the PDP  in the far North.

If they claim they won. you show satellite pictures.
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by Gbawe: 7:10pm On Dec 29, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

eku_bear, you better believe I do not have ACN's interest at heart, because it is a tribal party, and I hope it forever remains a tribal party. I support parties that works on behalf of all Nigerians, not just a particular ethnic group. ACN is nice locally, but nationally, it scares the hell out of me. However, I must say I am biased, if APGA was in the position to do this, I probably would be supporting them like you two are.

To be honest , you are beginning to sound like a broken record . We get it !!! The ACN is a tribal Party not good for Nigeria yadi, yada, yadi.  You clearly have a problem you are not openly admitting to here . Go and study the history that gave rise to most political Parties . You will find parochialism plus regional and self interest as pertinent consideration. Many Parties originated out of a need to tackle specific angst. You should learn that and stop boring us with your repetition.

The ACN is not deserving of being looked at as any worse than any other Party . That , for many reasons, is the truth. You would have more integrity confessing that you probably dislike the growing profile of the ACN and you fear the PArty might actually gain the status to overthrow the PDP. You don't want the Party to achieve the national status of the PDP and this is why you said what you did above. Sadly for you , most folks have their own minds . In Nigerian papers today , many observers called the ACN the biggest Party after the PDP and the Party most likely to wrestle power away from the PDP. Stop wasting your time trying to convince us that the ACN is a tribal Party not interested in working for all Nigerians. Logic tells us that the ACN will change accordingly as its profile and influence outside the Yoruba region increases. With how you talk you seem to only want to paint the Party as tribalist without wishing to entertain the very obvious notion that ACN can become a national political Party. Many Prominent Igbo and hausa folks are members of the ACN so are you not ashamed to keep repeating your "tribal Party" nonsense?  Did Atiku and Senator Obi not fly the flag for the ACN in 2007? Abeg give it a rest. I guess the Igbo members of the ACN should be flogged for joining a Yoruba tribal Party.
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by Becomrich12: 7:14pm On Dec 29, 2010
why do you think the ACN is a tribal party. ??  The ACN won Yobe state and have a senator in delta state, and have a senator in taraba state and other representative in other land.

This is politics if the PDP is not ready to help Nigerian, and save them from a civil war, they try using other means.
Do you want to have your family shoot dead in a civil war. If the continue and do nothing about the satellite pictures , Nigeria would end up in a civil war.

People ambition is worthless to me, family getting shoot in a civil war is more important to me, than Jonathan ambition. The PDP have had time to make change. They have failed. Ok. People lifes are no joke. and nobody is joking with anybody at the moment. close your teeth.
explain this to anybody.

Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by aljharem11(m): 7:17pm On Dec 29, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

Well it would seem that the Northerners and Yorubas only vote for their own which is sad. Igbos are known not to vote based on tribal allegiance , but based on what the person represents. That is what makes us different I guess. We don't care if the person is Yoruba, Hausa, Ijaw, Kanuri etc. As long as the person is the right man for the job.

the bolded makes sense but the rest is just not reasonable enough
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by OchiAgha2(m): 7:19pm On Dec 29, 2010
alj harem1:

the bolded makes sense but the rest is just not reasonable enough

It was an opinion I came across online. It is food for thought. Not to say that I agree with the statement. I still find it interesting how people can say Igbos are tribalistic, even though we have show time and time again that we can vote for people of other groups. The Igbo vote is massive, but we do not vote alike.
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by aljharem11(m): 7:23pm On Dec 29, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

eku_bear, you better believe I do not have ACN's interest at heart, because it is a tribal party, and I hope it forever remains a tribal party. I support parties that works on behalf of all Nigerians, not just a particular ethnic group. ACN is nice locally, but nationally, it scares the hell out of me. However, I must say I am biased, if APGA was in the position to do this, I probably would be supporting them like you two are.

i  strongly disagree

Acn is the least tribal party we have in nigeria, PDP is a very tribal party if not why would they bring zoning to politics

why would they bring ethnicity to politics undecided undecided

why does it have to rotate between yoruba, igbo, and hausa when even atiku is saying he must win because he is from the north when clearly not the right person for the country

but ACN

this party allows people from edo,to yoruba, to fulani to join and be something significant in the party undecided
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by Becomrich12: 7:25pm On Dec 29, 2010
how much is the acn presidential ticket form
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by lagbaja20: 7:26pm On Dec 29, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

It was an opinion I came across online. It is food for thought. Not to say that I agree with the statement. I still find it interesting how people can say Igbos are tribalistic, [b]even though we have show time and time again that we can vote for people of other groups. [/b]The Igbo vote is massive, but we do not vote alike.

Example?

Can you give examples of when and where Igbos voted out of tribal affiliation as a matter of choice, not for expediency sake?
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by OchiAgha2(m): 7:28pm On Dec 29, 2010
lagbaja20:

Example?

Can you give examples of when and where Igbos voted out of tribal affiliation as a matter of choice, not for expediency sake?

Igbos voted in great numbers for Abiola even after he told Nzeribe that he did not need the Igbo vote.
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by isuomo: 7:32pm On Dec 29, 2010
Ribadu will be the ACN flagbearer come April 2011, please forget all the tittle tattle.
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by lagbaja20: 7:36pm On Dec 29, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

Igbos voted in great numbers for Abiola even after he told Nzeribe that he did not need the Igbo vote.

Was there an Igbo man contesting against Abiola?

Why not talk about what Abiola did for the Igbo nation tto deserve their votes?  FYI, Okadigbo championed the cause of Abiola more than any other Igbo, for reasons that were strictly political. He was promised as post.

Were there to be an Igbo politician contesting against Abiola, the igbo people no doubt would have voted for their fellow Igbo son. My point is that the  Igbo people voted for Abiola because they had to, they were no Igbo candidate, and they have to vote for someone

Look at Dayokanu's analyses, he was spot on.
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by dayokanu(m): 7:39pm On Dec 29, 2010
Pls who has the result of June 12 elections analysingg it state by state
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by Becomrich12: 7:40pm On Dec 29, 2010
if ribadu wins the acn is finished. you have to understand the mentally of the north.  Nuhu ribadu can not win his home state of adamawa, that why Nuhu ribadu is not running for the governor of adamawa state. He would not win. So imagine Nuhu ribadu thinking he is going to be president. I am laughing loud.

Nuhu Ribadu should go and run for the governor of adamawa state if he want change.  He would be wasting his money now. So he should take his short as governor of adamawa state. And Nuhu ribadu as to look at it this way. The governor of adamawa his old and he has not said he would run. And he is likely not to run. And he would not be against Nuhu ribadu  and he would want to use Nuhu ribadu to block atiku. dreaming president is a tall order for Nuhu ribadu.
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by lagbaja20: 7:40pm On Dec 29, 2010
dayokanu:

Sir, if i may remind you, the result was annulled by Babangida.   .  .  just saying!
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by lagbaja20: 7:42pm On Dec 29, 2010
dayokanu:

http://maxsiollun./2009/06/11/16th-anniversary-of-the-june-12-1993-election/
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by Becomrich12: 7:43pm On Dec 29, 2010
If I have to run for president, I am going to run most likely with either Buhari or Turai or pick Igboman as my vice president. I have my reason.  I am on a mission to save life. and they both work in my favour.
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by manuch(m): 7:45pm On Dec 29, 2010
how many times does buhari want  to run. The man should give up  . if acn picks buhari as their candidate  they will lose .
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by dayokanu(m): 7:45pm On Dec 29, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

There were 4 Igbo states and 3 voted for Tofa.

So where did you get your info from.

Abia Voted Tofa, Enugu- Tofa, Imo voted Tofa.

lagbaja20:

Thanks a lot thats the result.
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by lagbaja20: 7:45pm On Dec 29, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

You are wrong!

Imo, Abia, Enugu and Abia all went to Tofa!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Buhari Skewed PTF Projects In Favor Of His Northern Zone- By Yoruba Body / Heavy Shooting Scares Voters Away In Ebonyi / Sowore's NIN and PVC reactivated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.