Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,507 members, 7,836,955 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria (76170 Views)

Egypt, Lebanon Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria / Coronavirus: Germany To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria / Coronavirus: US Consulate In Nigeria Cancels All Visa Applications (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by charleybam(m): 12:49pm On Mar 28, 2020
Trump must have clearly seen that this Government ain't prepared or competent enough to tackle and manage this virus regardless of the large amount of infected persons in the United States, Truth be told.. Nigeria may record more cases of this virus because of misplaced priorities and recklessness

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by Blanks1(m): 1:13pm On Mar 28, 2020
helinues:
After Trump called the Virus an hoax initially, USA now topping the list of infected country.

Save journey to their citizens oo

Can you provide any link where Trump called the virus a hoax? I guess you watch too much of CNN.
Are you even aware the journalist Amber Phillips who started the lie from her Twitter handle has apologized?
goggle.com/amp/s/www.wash...
Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by Nobody: 1:17pm On Mar 28, 2020
Richdad50:
shocked

Nairalanders who support Buhari and his incompetent regime are Idiots (Idiot is a description not an insult). I find it extremely baffling that a young would waste his youthful energy and cognition defending this level of mediocrity.

Show me one Nairalander who supports the regime and I will tell you how certainly bad his/her future will look like. Idiots!

Richdad

MannaaGrills dead meat guycheesy cheesycheesy
Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by SaintLucia: 1:30pm On Mar 28, 2020
Liveair:
US!
Brace yourselves! United States has far more intelligence than any of us. There is something sinister they have seen imminent, far worse than the health pandemic in the US.
Intelligence that made them the top, they will carry the league before Liverpool. Na their pride and ego make the corona virus worst in their country. The Nigeria you see today shall surely overcome her challenges. One mumu country should take care of their own challenges and evacuate her citizens if they want. Nobody should scare us cos the virus is a global issue.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by patomaniac: 1:32pm On Mar 28, 2020
All this evacuation flights up and down, first EU citizens now US. There's something they aint telling us. The figures are wrong.. what a wrong time to be a Nigerian
Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by Iluvmycontr3: 1:33pm On Mar 28, 2020
NextD18:
Buhari has been exercising power against Igbos.

It's now time to know how and what he'll do wth those powers watching Trump fly American citizens out of Nigeria despite Airport closure.

Yes, he should display his military and civic experience in technicality n capability now if he's having any.... no be only operation python dance, crocodile tears or lafia dole we go dey hear.
Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by princety24(m): 1:34pm On Mar 28, 2020
These is serious
Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by SaintLucia: 1:35pm On Mar 28, 2020
naijaschoolguru:

Ok, but why will no con dey die like them? If na say we get am plenty e don pas two weeks now oo, we suppose dey see people fall down nau, even when the thing dey our body for some weeks why we no gree die?
Una say 14 days, e go don pas 14days for some people body, why den Neva start to dey die? The truth is that, d kind diseases wey don Hama us for this country no be small and we dey survive am. Na panic dey cos all this shout oo
You partially make sense.
Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by SaintLucia: 1:41pm On Mar 28, 2020
udoka55555:
They see the future....looking at it wisely you will know that Africa as a whole is doomed.... Our leaders have killed us already...

Very soon the rich will start running out of Nigeria.....

Many people will die....

The number will be far greater than the one in the US...

That's why they have to run before the real shit starts in two weeks time.
Lol and they couldn't see their own future where their citizens are dying everyday while others are being infected. Colomentality is what is worrying you. America is sinking looking for doctors and nurses all over the world to apply for their visa. You know America will still wants to defend her pride and ego despite sinking. How many people don peme for Nigeria since the virus became rampant in Nigeria as many of u claimed?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by princety24(m): 1:53pm On Mar 28, 2020
why that now....
Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by ebRaymond: 2:00pm On Mar 28, 2020
I don't care all am asking is where is Mr Covik Birus?
Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by ericmor: 2:03pm On Mar 28, 2020
toyinjimoh:
Let them go, las las corona in US pass Nigeria own

Do u remember the figure 2weeks back in the world? Nigerians, we never look into the future, we only deal with the now and make no plan for the latter. No data base, no facilities or enough equipment and still yet 81 confirmed in just how many days. The only luck we have is that no one is dying except the only man that was ill and went for medical treatment
Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by SaintLucia: 2:07pm On Mar 28, 2020
charleybam:
Trump must have clearly seen that this Government ain't prepared or competent enough to tackle and manage this virus regardless of the large amount of infected persons in the United States, Truth be told.. Nigeria may record more cases of this virus because of misplaced priorities and recklessness
So na Trump dey prepared ba? No wonder he told your tribe to take chloroquine and many of you took overdose and called on Sanwo Olu in Lagos to help u. Americans are dying everyday and u are here saying jkatikati..Colomentality is what is worrying you.
Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by Originalsly: 2:15pm On Mar 28, 2020
Ayoefa:
Ain't going nowhere.

Going from frying pan to fire. Much safer to be in Nigeria right now than in the US.

I told my friend who's considering this flight back to the US that he might even catch the danm virus while going through this evacuation.

Good advice. Why would he move from a low risk area to a high risk area? .... as if there is a cure for it in the US. As more is known about the virus.... we now learn it does not thrive in heat....therefore not likely to be as widespread as in Europe and US if we take the simple precautions such as covering our mouths while coughing or nose while sneezing.....and washing hands.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by Chirowman(m): 2:15pm On Mar 28, 2020
why is it that our president doesn't want to address us on this issue of covid19 abi adesina no dey. let him go to one TV house. to address the epidemic so we can get assurance we aren't asking for relief materials or stipends.
Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by sapientia(m): 2:22pm On Mar 28, 2020
Richdad50:
shocked

Nairalanders who support Buhari and his incompetent regime are Idiots (Idiot is a description not an insult). I find it extremely baffling that a young would waste his youthful energy and cognition defending this level of mediocrity.

Show me one Nairalander who supports the regime and I will tell you how certainly bad his/her future will look like. Idiots!

Richdad

I rightly described BBQ as a mumu last week. He reported me and mynd banned me for a week.

Shebi mumu is same as stupid?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by Sprumbaba: 3:34pm On Mar 28, 2020
Millz404:
Moving from a country with 81 confirmed cases to a country with over 82,000 cases and over 1000 deaths....

even if Nigeria's figure is underestimated, it is nothing near the american confirmed cases

well goodluck to them....that's if they will even want to go

click on my signature if you run a business

You know walking dead? That is many Naija. They stand a better chance in the US than the shitole country.

Go and ask Sydenytalker that was infected and could not get a single test in Lagos.
Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by Legendguru: 3:37pm On Mar 28, 2020
Nonsense
Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by dasparrow: 3:50pm On Mar 28, 2020
Americans are jumping from frying pan to fire and don't realize it. A medical doctor at Elmhurst Hospital in New York went to the media and gave them an insiders look of what is currently going on. There are not enough ventilators, so many people are dying that they have to use a trailer to store dead bodies because there is no more room in the hospital's mortuary to store anymore deceased people.

Dr Smith mentioned that healthcare professionals have to use one face mask for their entire shift. Medical staff are overworked and some have already contacted the Corona virus. I don't know how to attach YouTube videos on Nairaland if not I would have shared the video here for you all to see.

Americans who have no health coverage but are showing symptoms of the Corona virus are being turned away. A 19 year old teenager with Corona virus was sent away. She died later.

If you really want to know what is happening at the moment in the U.S, Nairaland is the wrong place to get your info because Nigerians in Nigeria are just running their mouths as usual talking as if they know what's happening in America when they don't know half the story.

Some Americans are trying to sneak into Mexico right now just to escape Corona virus but Mexico is protecting her borders viciously at the moment.

Things are really bad right now in the U.S

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by dasparrow: 4:00pm On Mar 28, 2020
Originalsly:

Good advice. Why would he move from a low risk area to a high risk area? .... as if there is a cure for it in the US. As more is known about the virus.... we now learn it does not thrive in heat....therefore not likely to be as widespread as in Europe and US if we take the simple precautions such as covering our mouths while coughing or nose while sneezing.....and washing hands.

A lot of Americans are in denial. Corona virus has been in the U.S since January of this year. Dr Helen Chu and her team in Seattle Washington discovered that some of her patients have the virus and when she brought her findings to the CDC - Center for disease control - she was asked to stop testing or risk being penalized.

Again, a lot of Nigerians in Nigeria don't know what is going on but keep flapping their jaws like they are experts on everything U.S when they don't even have adequate power supply to watch the news or read reliable news sources on the internet to keep abreast of the real situation on ground in the United States.

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by bigdaddycool018: 9:43pm On Mar 28, 2020
They know what is going on in this country, if America are going, less continue to praying for this convic one nine,if u can c the possibly of getting better treatment in this our country is zero interns of convic one nine.
Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by ttmacoy: 9:50pm On Mar 28, 2020
China will happily let you take your people, they are more concerned with people coming into the country with the virus rather than leaving.

mujahid777:
Our airports are closed.There's nothing you can do about that angry
Would you be saying this if it were china
I've forgotten this is Nigeria grin
Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by ttmacoy: 9:53pm On Mar 28, 2020
Please stop decieving yourself. You really think Nigeria only has 80 cases and yet It has reached the presidency and the likes of El Rufai.

I would rather be in the US than Nigeria sorry.

Ayoefa:
Ain't going nowhere.

Going from frying pan to fire. Much safer to be in Nigeria right now than in the US.

I told my friend who's considering this flight back to the US that he might even catch the danm virus while going through this evacuation.
Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by Ayoefa: 9:57pm On Mar 28, 2020
ttmacoy:
Please stop decieving yourself. You really think Nigeria only has 80 cases and yet It has reached the presidency and the likes of El Rufai.

I would rather be in the US than Nigeria sorry.

I'm not naive to think that Nigeria only have 80 cases nor do I think that US only have 111k cases either.
As of this minute, Nigeria is a safer place to be.
No country have thr exact figures right, they can only give you figures of those tested. Many can't even get tested in the US right now, and these are people showing up at the emergency with serious symptoms.

It's your choice were you want to be right now I prefer Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by Seun(m): 10:22pm On Mar 28, 2020
They are not running from the virus. They don’t want to be trapped in Nigeria; that’s all. Especially if we enact an impractical #TotalShutdown.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by WeRblessed(f): 10:23pm On Mar 28, 2020
godkiller:
IF you cannot be a vaccine to give life, do not be a virus to terminate it.

Some people are vaccine while some are virus.

God bless us all.

Buhari is the Nigerian virus
Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by Seun(m): 10:37pm On Mar 28, 2020
ttmacoy:
The President and "the likes of El-Rufai" live in a circle of super-rich people who regularly travel to countries like the US and UK that are currently being ravaged by the disease. They ride air-conditioned cars and private jets, work in air-conditioned offices and live in air-conditioned houses on whose surfaces the virus can survive for days. They rarely use personal protective equipments like face-masks because they don't want to look silly, yet they meet and shake hands with numerous people every day. It is not surprising that people in these circles got infected, and it does not necessarily imply that the disease is prevalent in our general population of suffering and smiling people who sleep, travel and work in the heat. I’m not saying that they don’t have it; I’m saying that we don’t know, and we won’t know until we start testing them.

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by ttmacoy: 11:25pm On Mar 28, 2020
I disagree, there are many Nigerians flying in and out to the likes of the US UK etc, we just got past Christmas period where lots of Nigerians abroad go home so to say we only have 80 cases is laughable. Those are the cases we know, and don’t forget Nigerians tend to be self medicating so many people who will only show mild symptoms will not even go to the hospital or be recorded or tested at all.

I do not for one second believe we only have 80 cases. Have you seen the population density in cities like Lagos?

So yes I agree the super rich have their own circles but we have many many many middle class Nigerians who are traveling in and out as well. We have many Nigerians abroad visiting Nigeria using both a Nigerian and foreign passports, everyday MMA is usually packed and they are not all super rich.

Seun:
The President and the likes of el-Rufai live in a circle of super-rich people who regularly travel to countries like the US and UK that are currently being ravaged by the disease. They ride air-conditioned cars and private jets, work in air-conditioned offices and live in air-conditioned houses on whose surfaces the virus can survive for days. They rarely use personal protective equipments like face-masks because they think it makes them look silly, yet they meet and shake hands with numerous people every day. It is not surprising that people in these circles got infected, and it does not necessarily imply that the disease is prevalent in our general population of suffering and smiling people who sleep, travel and work in the heat. I’m not saying that they don’t have it; I’m saying that we don’t know, and we won’t until we start testing them.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by senator2b: 11:39pm On Mar 28, 2020
US and Nigeria which is safer for now....... we might not have the ability or right equipment to curtail the virus but truthfully speaking Nigeria for now is more safer than the US..... argue with the CONVID-19 STATISTICS.
Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by Beautyaddy: 1:12am On Mar 29, 2020
toyinjimoh:
Let them go, las las corona in US pass Nigeria own

Say's who?

Keep living in denial.

Remember when only China was dealing with the outbreak of the virus other Countries were in denial until the virus took a dive turn around and started increasing in number with the other Countries who kept being in the initial denial.
Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by chayoma01: 11:28am On Mar 29, 2020
Can you imagine these idiots. After bringing the virus here y'all want to evacuate

Gooo and take your virus with you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

U.S Asks Citizens To Avoid 14 Nigerian States / Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? / Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.