Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,710 members, 7,840,778 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Adeboye Wants Thief Bode George Released? A Friend Of Thieves Is A Thief - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeboye Wants Thief Bode George Released? A Friend Of Thieves Is A Thief (2010 Views)

Saraki Doesn't Deserve Pity,He &His Gang Of Thieves Scattered APC's Plan-Igbokwe / Why I Think Using Of Drones To Hunt Oil Thieves Is A Bad Idea-- Dunsman / Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye Wants Thief Bode George Released? A Friend Of Thieves Is A Thief by texazzpete(m): 5:54am On Dec 31, 2010
KnowAll:

Bode George - Longest serving political criminal and still somebody wants him locked up for more years,  where is the fairness in this kind of justice

Can you quit parroting this lie?
Bode George has served only ONE year of a TWO YEAR sentence and you're calling him the 'longest served political criminal'? Are you on crack? The man stole 100 billion Naira, just what do they teach you in that church of yours?

Please quit airing your ignorance here. And the man is not a 'political criminal'. He was convicted by a competent law court for crimes totally unrelated to politics.
Or was it Adeboye that told you these things?
Re: Adeboye Wants Thief Bode George Released? A Friend Of Thieves Is A Thief by OAM4J: 6:34am On Dec 31, 2010
texazzpete:

Can you quit parroting this lie?
Bode George has served only ONE year of a TWO YEAR sentence and you're calling him the 'longest served political criminal'? Are you on crack? The man stole 100 billion Naira, just what do they teach you in that church of yours?

Please quit airing your ignorance here. And the man is not a 'political criminal'. He was convicted by a competent law court for crimes totally unrelated to politics.
Or was it Adeboye that told you these things?

I hate to be seen as defending Bode Gorge, cos I dont like him, but get your facts right: Bode George was not jailed for stealing N100B, but for contracts' splitting.

OP
Your topic is misleading, no part of the story says Adeboye wants Bode George released. And this is not the 1st time Adeboye will be visiting the prison, he has been doing that for many years now.
Re: Adeboye Wants Thief Bode George Released? A Friend Of Thieves Is A Thief by texazzpete(m): 7:53am On Dec 31, 2010
OAM4J:

I hate to be seen as defending Bode Gorge, cos I dont like him, but get your facts right: Bode George was not jailed for stealing N100B, but for contracts' splitting.

OP
Your topic is misleading, no part of the story says Adeboye wants Bode George released. And this is not the 1st time Adeboye will be visiting the prison, he has been doing that for many years now.

I never said he was jailed for stealing 100 Billion naira. I know what he was jailed for. The reference to 100 billion naira is to show that the man is crooked, through and through.
Whatever your views of the OP's headline, the meat of the story has Adeboye trying to insert himself in the Nigerian penal process, to use his massive influence to let off condemned criminals who have been sent to jail as a penance for their crimes. That is wrong.
Re: Adeboye Wants Thief Bode George Released? A Friend Of Thieves Is A Thief by tunnytox(m): 2:13pm On Dec 31, 2010
texazzpete:

I never said he was jailed for stealing 100 Billion naira. I know what he was jailed for. The reference to 100 billion naira is to show that the man is crooked, through and through.
Whatever your views of the OP's headline, the meat of the story has Adeboye trying to insert himself in the Nigerian penal process, to use his massive influence to let off condemned criminals who have been sent to jail as a penance for their crimes. That is wrong.

I challenge you to provide evidence or any refrence to your above claim either in the news above or any other link, OMG I can't understand how some people think, no proper reasoning just prejudice.
Re: Adeboye Wants Thief Bode George Released? A Friend Of Thieves Is A Thief by SapeleGuy: 2:58pm On Dec 31, 2010
^^^ I think the clue was in the statement credited to Enoch below. In the heat of righteous indignation, it is very easy to see how it could be missed.

Adeboye said, "I have my reasons for being keenly interested in what goes on here. I will take your case up again.

"I will take it to the President. I will take it to the governor of Lagos State. I will take it to the Chief Judge. I have done it before.

"When I did it the first time, they released hundreds. I am believing God they will do it again. So keep praying along with me. I will be your voice out there.

"Pray that the Almighty God will add weight to whatever I may say, so that the next time I come here, many of you will not be here. Out there, you will be very useful unto God."
Re: Adeboye Wants Thief Bode George Released? A Friend Of Thieves Is A Thief by Ibime(m): 5:18pm On Dec 31, 2010
@ Tunnytox,

Just shaaaaarrrraaaaaaap!!!

Your pastor can get forked with a broken poolstick for all I care.

Adeboye, the friend of thieves, always praying for thieves and visiting thieves.
Re: Adeboye Wants Thief Bode George Released? A Friend Of Thieves Is A Thief by tunnytox(m): 5:23pm On Dec 31, 2010
@sapele guy
The fact remains that this is not the first time that Pastor Adeboye has been visiting kirikiri, I personally has listened to one of his preachings several years ago on howe he helped plead the cause of inmates many of whom are awaiting trial inmates NOT thieves or murderers. If you read the article very well the saying you quoted above was not made whilst Pastor Adeboye was speaking with bode george but during the speach to the inmates in general.

It is an open secret that many of these inmates have not even been charged for committing any offence while a large proportion of them have only commited some ridiculous offences such as loittering despite this they are being locked up for up to 27 years! is there a crime to raise the plight of  these set inmates and advocate for their release?
Re: Adeboye Wants Thief Bode George Released? A Friend Of Thieves Is A Thief by tunnytox(m): 5:26pm On Dec 31, 2010
Ibime:

@ Tunnytox,

Just shaaaaarrrraaaaaaap!!!

Your pastor can get forked with a broken poolstick for all I care.

Adeboye, the friend of thieves, always praying for thieves and visiting thieves.

You are just on the internet forum and you're asking me to sharap, think very well before you post, I'll suggest you get your BP checked you don't have to get worked up over nothing!
Re: Adeboye Wants Thief Bode George Released? A Friend Of Thieves Is A Thief by OAM4J: 5:30pm On Dec 31, 2010
tunnytox:

@sapele guy
The fact remains that this is not the first time that Pastor Adeboye has been visiting kirikiri, I personally has listened to one of his preachings several years ago on howe he helped plead the cause of inmates many of whom are awaiting trial inmates NOT thieves or murderers. If you read the article very well the saying you quoted above was not made whilst Pastor Adeboye was speaking with bode george but during the speach to the inmates in general.

It is an open secret that many of these inmates have not even been charged for committing any offence while a large proportion of them have only commited some ridiculous offences such as loittering despite this they are being locked up for up to 27 years! is there a crime to raise the plight of  these set inmates and advocate for their release?

I hope your explanation is not a waste of time. Some people just dont see and cant see anything good about Adeboye no matter how hard you try.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Eku / Nairaland.com, Saharareporters.com & Vanguard Top Nigeria's Websites / Boko-Haram `Accountant’ Arrested With N4.5M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.