Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,852 members, 7,813,902 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

Patricia Etteh: New Speaker Of House Of Reps - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patricia Etteh: New Speaker Of House Of Reps (4893 Views)

Patricia Etteh Graduates From Buckingham University / Patricia Etteh Decamps From PDP To APC / $3m Bribery Scandal: Ex-speaker Patricia Etteh Blows Hot! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patricia Etteh: New Speaker Of House Of Reps by debosky(m): 5:07pm On Jun 08, 2007
she has a 'diploma' in law. all these corrupt lawyers sef, now they have entered government, we are truly finished grin grin

why is it that she just has a diploma, no degree or OND or HND? na wa for naija.
Re: Patricia Etteh: New Speaker Of House Of Reps by Hugoboi(m): 5:09pm On Jun 08, 2007
I had she was a "hairdresser".**excuse the euphemism**.
Na wa 4 this country o!!
Re: Patricia Etteh: New Speaker Of House Of Reps by cerrutti: 5:14pm On Jun 08, 2007
i wonder if she`ll be able to cope with naija politics
Re: Patricia Etteh: New Speaker Of House Of Reps by Iman3(m): 5:14pm On Jun 08, 2007
I no go law school for Naija o,so no include me for Naija lawyers grin

Seriously,lawyers in Nigeria are the most ethically sound professionals,so I would be happy if we had more lawyers in Govt.

Her CV is underwhelming . . . I'm not a credentialist but there is nothing about her that inspires confidence
Re: Patricia Etteh: New Speaker Of House Of Reps by cerrutti: 5:15pm On Jun 08, 2007
nija to like copy copy, because america has a female house leader we have gone to copy.
Re: Patricia Etteh: New Speaker Of House Of Reps by cerrutti: 5:18pm On Jun 08, 2007
lets hope she doesnt turn out like her predessesor; (abeg i hope say i get the spelling, den no use english teach us for school)
Re: Patricia Etteh: New Speaker Of House Of Reps by Hugoboi(m): 5:19pm On Jun 08, 2007
She's nothing to me but anutha scheming bi**h!!
Re: Patricia Etteh: New Speaker Of House Of Reps by debosky(m): 5:21pm On Jun 08, 2007
I-man she is one of your shady people, I'm sure she just did the 'diploma' while she was a legislator to look more respectable grin grin

at least it sounds better than just being a hairdresser grin grin. anyways as a hairdresser she must know the problems associated in running generators to run your dryers and washers and all that stuff, so she can connect with the rural people. whether she will bring any ideas to the legislative process remains to be seen, the other goon who was there before (Masari) didnt do anything of note, except rejecting 3rd term.
Re: Patricia Etteh: New Speaker Of House Of Reps by Iman3(m): 5:24pm On Jun 08, 2007
cerrutti:

nija to like copy copy, because america has a female house leader we have gone to copy.

I guess there are parallels with Nancy Pelosi who is similarly out of her depth.

I guess fixing Nigerian women's hair must have given her the neccesary experience to be a legislator.Are there parallels btw hairdressing and legislating ?
Re: Patricia Etteh: New Speaker Of House Of Reps by debosky(m): 5:28pm On Jun 08, 2007
of course there are - you need to develop new hairstyles and services to keep customers coming (i.e bills and motions to keep populace happy)

2 - you need to manage your staff properly especially those rude 'stylists' to keep your customers (i.e keep greedy Reps in line and avoid unpopular actions)

3 - you need to get enough petrol for your gen (getting allocations for sharing among legislators) grin grin
Re: Patricia Etteh: New Speaker Of House Of Reps by Iman3(m): 5:33pm On Jun 08, 2007
And you know that Nigerian women are very difficult women.If you can fix their hair satisfactorily,you can fix anything on earth  grin
Re: Patricia Etteh: New Speaker Of House Of Reps by debosky(m): 6:06pm On Jun 08, 2007
yes oh, thus with credentials like that, she is obviously the woman for the job grin grin
Re: Patricia Etteh: New Speaker Of House Of Reps by Imani(f): 7:22pm On Jun 08, 2007
I-man:

And you know that Nigerian women are very difficult women.If you can fix their hair satisfactorily,you can fix anything on earth  grin

How sexist angry
Re: Patricia Etteh: New Speaker Of House Of Reps by debosky(m): 7:23pm On Jun 08, 2007
c'mon you know how you women are with your hair, its a miracle that the disagreements in those salons don't end up in blows more often cheesy
Re: Patricia Etteh: New Speaker Of House Of Reps by viee(f): 7:27pm On Jun 08, 2007
I-man and debosky

you guys are absolutely right
ours dnt end up in blows
but in drinks joints, the guys always end up exchanging blows
no wonder even in the senatethis blows continued

lets do it the civil/female style

no blows and still get the job done
Re: Patricia Etteh: New Speaker Of House Of Reps by Iman3(m): 7:29pm On Jun 08, 2007
Imani:

How sexist angry

How is that sexist?I'm just pointing out that the arduos task of hairdressing places one in good stead for legislating
Re: Patricia Etteh: New Speaker Of House Of Reps by Imani(f): 7:41pm On Jun 08, 2007
@Debosky and I-man

It is not your fault.

Nigerian men complain about everything. When women are trying to be a force to be reckoned with in politics and Government, all they get is comparism with trivial issues like hairdressing.

No wonder the nation is upside down. I wonder where thugery exhibited in the senate house is learned from? Could it be the beer palours, barbershops, peppersoup joints etc?

Please let her at least start the job and her performance can be reviewed afterwards.

With the many years of male dominance in the political environment, i wonder how come we still haven't seen the light.
Re: Patricia Etteh: New Speaker Of House Of Reps by Iman3(m): 8:28pm On Jun 08, 2007
We all have respect for the likes of Iweala,Akunyili,Ezekwesili,e.t.c so this has nothing to do with her gender.If a male barber was to emerge as Speaker,we would question his suitability for the job.
Re: Patricia Etteh: New Speaker Of House Of Reps by debosky(m): 8:29pm On Jun 08, 2007
the problem is not about male/female its about political incompetence in general

we are hailing her as a potentially successful Speaker cos she has been trained in the trenches of hairdressing, what could be wrong with that? undecided

Ngozi, Dora and others were not called hairdressers, maybe thats why their grammar was too much, Madam Ette should be more down to earth, hopefully things will change for the better.
Re: Patricia Etteh: New Speaker Of House Of Reps by Imani(f): 8:35pm On Jun 08, 2007
debosky:

the problem is not about male/female its about[b] political incompetence [/b] in general

we are hailing her as a potentially successful Speaker because she has been trained in the trenches of hairdressing, what could be wrong with that? undecided

Ngozi, Dora and others were not called hairdressers, maybe thats why their grammar was too much, Madam Ette should be more down to earth, hopefully things will change for the better.

Glad you know that incompetence is not defined by gender.
Re: Patricia Etteh: New Speaker Of House Of Reps by needeeg(m): 9:37am On Jun 09, 2007
Abi tongue tongue
Re: Patricia Etteh: New Speaker Of House Of Reps by Boywonda: 4:28pm On Jun 09, 2007
This is victory for women. Diploma or no Diploma, she has set a record. by the way do you know how many of our men there in the senate that do not even 10% of her qualification- they are just to many. am a guy but lets face the truth even most of the men are not worthy to be gvien the post.
Congrats to her anyway
Re: Patricia Etteh: New Speaker Of House Of Reps by obasanjo2(m): 12:26pm On Jun 10, 2007
For all y'all, Mrs. Patricia Olubunmi Ette is in the lower House for a third term. She is the most senior of the honourables (?) and that was one of the reasons why she was chosen for the position. Let's also not forget that the OBJ regime did exceptionally well in gender-related issues. As per performance, we've to give the woman a chance. It is said that women have a way of handling issues with decorum. Let's just wait and see. I honestly want her to succeed. If she doesnt perform well, change - which is the only constant thing - will occur. Fee Dee Fee,
Re: Patricia Etteh: New Speaker Of House Of Reps by ccaramel(f): 3:41pm On Jun 10, 2007
Just a diploma?? thats just plain ridiculous
check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nancy_Pelosi
Re: Patricia Etteh: New Speaker Of House Of Reps by angel101(f): 3:44pm On Jun 10, 2007
@ obasanjo2
Well said man.
Re: Patricia Etteh: New Speaker Of House Of Reps by Soundmind(m): 1:49pm On Jun 11, 2007
@ the topic.
I am personally not to comfortable with Ette's election as the speaker. I have not heard any committee in the house or bills she have sponsored. If it had been Dabiri, i will shout very correct. Ette may be one of the o yes members in the house who sang a lot for tenure extention for Obj. This may be her own share of national cake.
Ekenekwa m unu.
Re: Patricia Etteh: New Speaker Of House Of Reps by niyyie(m): 1:53pm On Oct 24, 2007
Etteh has been in the news in recent times for all the wrong reasons. She won't last longer on that seat.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why The Sudden Silence Of PDP As Regards Rotimi Akeredolu's Wife / BOMB!!! "Igbos Are Ijaw Slaves", Dokubo Threatens To Deal With Kanu In New Video / Afenifere Should Stop Dabbling Into Politics, Remain Socio-cultural -bode George

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.