Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Are You Depressed Like Me? See What I Did at Home Without Fear [Picture] - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are You Depressed Like Me? See What I Did at Home Without Fear [Picture] (13838 Views)

I Feel Terrible. You Won't Imagine What I Did At A Brothel Yesterday / See What someone Did at The #endsars Protest That got people talking(pics). / See What This Lady Did At Her Boyfriend's Parents Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Depressed Like Me? See What I Did at Home Without Fear [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 10:46am On Apr 09, 2020
In this post, you have no choice than to read to the end. Why? Because at the end, you'll realize depression/lack of money is an opportunity for you to move ahead and be a leader, not just a follower. You'll also know making money is easy. A while ago, I...

1 Like

Re: Are You Depressed Like Me? See What I Did at Home Without Fear [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 10:48am On Apr 09, 2020
A while ago, I bought two split units and hanging them would cost me 5k each. The money isn't big, but as someone who loves to do new things, I said I'll fix them myself.

Notice: I have never hung a split unit before, but a window unit twice the last one is the picture below.

Typing...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are You Depressed Like Me? See What I Did at Home Without Fear [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 10:51am On Apr 09, 2020
So, on that day, I hung the two splits and felt like a king. Days later, I called the gas refill guy to come put gas in them and he said 1kg gas is 2500 and to fill all, I'll need to spend 7500. At last, I spent only 5k and he came to refill them.

Unfortunately, the two splits refused to drop water outside, but inside. My second room and living room were filled with water. The engineer obliged to come the next day to come fix them and guess what? I would probably have to pay and that isn't a problem.

I love finishing what I started no matter how long it takes me. I kept on switching those ACs hoping the water will magically drop outside to no avail.

I abandoned it for some days and decided to watch one or two YouTube videos on how to fix a leaking AC to drop water outside. After hours of sweaty work, I got both fixed and was so happy like a baby.

Typing...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Depressed Like Me? See What I Did at Home Without Fear [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 10:53am On Apr 09, 2020
Fixing AC and failing (why people should try new things and do what they haven't done before even if they fail)

Finally, I succeeded in fixing the ACs. Do you know what? The new skill is not in vain. How and what is the lesson?

Lesson

1. New skill acquired
2. Money saved
3. Ate a better meal (more about that later)
4. The new skill can fetch money while I sleep (by selling the video tutorial or book on it)
5. The money can be reinvested
6. The investment can be multiplied
7. Life goes on as the skill puts a smile on my ugly face

Pictures to be removed soon.

Typing...

7 Likes

Re: Are You Depressed Like Me? See What I Did at Home Without Fear [Picture] by tyup(m): 10:54am On Apr 09, 2020
Any story from this Ill legend shouldn't be taken serious like seriously

9 Likes

Re: Are You Depressed Like Me? See What I Did at Home Without Fear [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 10:56am On Apr 09, 2020
I bought fresh fish, fish, meat, etc. with the money I would've given the repair guy to cook soup/other things and eat the meal while inside the chilled room.

Typing...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Depressed Like Me? See What I Did at Home Without Fear [Picture] by Millennialaku(m): 10:57am On Apr 09, 2020
haters coming in grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are You Depressed Like Me? See What I Did at Home Without Fear [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 10:57am On Apr 09, 2020
I decided to write this post after reading a touching story on nairaland yesterday about a guy who wanted to commit suicide, but decided to swallow his pride and begged Nairalanders for money and he got 9k.

I have been in that shoe in 2016 recession and I had to beg my cousin for money and he gave me 10k — which I used to register/host my first website/forum www.wetclef.com for men to have their dating issues solved.

Typing...

4 Likes

Re: Are You Depressed Like Me? See What I Did at Home Without Fear [Picture] by aztec: 10:58am On Apr 09, 2020
Kudos man! It’s good to try things and live outside our comfort zone at times.

5 Likes

Re: Are You Depressed Like Me? See What I Did at Home Without Fear [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 10:59am On Apr 09, 2020
So, don't commit suicide guys — 10k or even 9k can save your life if only you believe.

It has saved mine and today, the game has changed and my smile glows. From a 10k beggar in 2016 recession to a ______ fill in the blank. I don't want to blow my own trumpet; I'll leave it for angel Michael.

I want you to read this post here, https://www.nairaland.com/5780636/lost-job-girlfriend-dumped-me then come back and re-read this entire post.

The takeaway from that thread above and mine are:

1. Acquire how to handle women skill
2. Acquire how to legally make money skill
3. Acquire how to manage money skill

If you lack one of the above 3 skills, life will be tough for you, so you should better start acquiring these 3 skills if you're a man.

You can never go wrong with them. Those skills changed my life and will change yours too.

Be wise and be smart. Failure and depression don't exist except we allow them to.

Also, suicide is a coward's way to mock himself or herself and the people he or she left behind.

Do you really want to mock yourself and your family because of failure or depression that doesn't exist? Everything is in your head.

Your bondage is easy to overcome, but in your head, you think it's hard because you've tried severally without a tangible outcome.

It's all in your head. Action isn't enough — patience is required. At the same time, patience isn't enough — MORE PATIENCE & MORE ACTIONS is the final answer, not suicide. One more thing...

Typing...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Depressed Like Me? See What I Did at Home Without Fear [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 10:59am On Apr 09, 2020
One more thing I want you to go home with it is: If you went to school, don't put all your hopes in your certificate.

Don't think it's work you'll use to become wealthy and nothing else even if you went to the best school in the world or you graduated with distinction or first class.

I made this mistake and I suffered it. When I returned to Nigeria some years ago after my university days in one of the top universities in world, I felt like I have arrived.

I booked a flight, Airik Air, and went to Abuja to process my NYSC. Finally, NYSC came and gone and I still felt I'm going to get a cool company job in Total or Agip since these two oil companies are in my community.

Guess what? It never worked — it's not about your certificate, but connection. I had the certificate, but the connection wasn't there.

By the way, the state government handled everything about my school since it was a merit international scholarship. After years upon years of wasting at home and feeling depressed or almost depressed, but still optimistic about life, it hit me harder.

Buhari won the 2015 election and I moved from 3 square meals to 2 and in 2016/2017, I moved to 1 meal a day and drinking of garri. 2016/2017 were the worst years of my entire life. I suffered, cried, and people called me lazy behind my back. In this 2016, with...

Typing...

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Depressed Like Me? See What I Did at Home Without Fear [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 11:00am On Apr 09, 2020
In this 2016, with hunger, I started searching for how to become a millionaire/billionaire on Google and I landed on a page on Nairaland.

Long story short, I read it and the comments below it were hilarious. I became active from that day and accidentally found myself in the Romance Section of Nairaland and realized a lot of men were having issues with their dating lives, so I started sharing my stories, the dating experiences I acquired when I was in school and how I overcame all the hurdles.

Nairalanders loved my posts a lot and in less than 2 weeks, I was one of the most popular people on Romance Section.

As my fame grew, the love grew, my fanbase grew, and boom, haters started coming up from all angles. I was mercilessly abused by these people who were angry with the rate at which I was pulling crowd.

It wasn't my fault, it was because I was honest, I was telling honest stories, and these stories resonated with my readers. And yes, inside these stories were solutions to their dating issues. So, I was offering 4 services in 1 and they were

1. Honesty
2. Storytelling
3. Dating tips (solution)
4. Emotional connection

After 3 months,

Typing...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Depressed Like Me? See What I Did at Home Without Fear [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 11:00am On Apr 09, 2020
After 3 months, I had written more than 400 posts. 400, you say? Yes, 400+ in my old account, now deactivated. Why so much posts in less less time?

Because I was broke, jobless, hungry, and had lots of free MTN cheat MB. Being active on Nairaland made me stop thinking about how lazy I was.

Yes, I wasn't lazy, but in Nigeria, if you don't have money, you're considered lazy. This is why a lot of youths go into crime to become rich quickly and not be seen as lazy by their friends and family members.

Having a foreign certificate made me feel I have arrived and I must use that Yankee paper to get a job, but I forgot this is Nigeria and your connection or skills matter more than your degree.

Tip: Squeeze your degree and hide it and go get a digital skill or use your connection to legitimately uplift yourself.

See, humans are greedy and self-centered and no one cares about anyone — all we care about is: what is in it for us?

There is always a hidden agenda at last in what people do even when they started without a single agenda. The agenda will come later.

So, as I was posting on Nairaland, I had no agenda than to help men for free and I did it for 2 good years — from 2016 to 2017 without charging a dime.

As the haters grew bigger, some good Nairalanders suggested I package my posts and sell them that what I was dishing out for free are info millions of men will be willing to pay for and I'll make millions, if not billions. I listened and that...

Typing...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Depressed Like Me? See What I Did at Home Without Fear [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 11:02am On Apr 09, 2020
I listened and that was how WETCLEF was born. It's an acronym for 7 of my men's only dating/relationship books namely

1. WooTalks
2. ESCOFi
3. TheDAVIDO F*ck Guide
4. ChatDîcted
5. Lasticle
6. Erecticle
7. FemaleSextapés

After coming up with the acronym Wetclef, I swallowed my international pride and begged my cousin, who works in Shell for money, during that recession, and he gave me 10k because the recession had hit almost all sectors and people were losing their jobs and money. This 10k has metamorphosed to millions. That is my...

Typing...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Depressed Like Me? See What I Did at Home Without Fear [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 11:02am On Apr 09, 2020
That is my short story and I hope it has inspired or motivated you in one way or the other.

It's not by abroad or certificate, but by the solution you can provide for people and your connection no matter where you live or come from.

I used Nairaland to create the connection — fanbase, then provided dating solutions, and boom, the money started coming even though the hatred also started pouring in too.

When you're succeeding, surely, you'll be hated or abused because it's a sign of progress.

Today, there is no standard western library you'll go around the world without seeing one of my books, printed copy, in their dating sections or in their e-Library.

From the success of these dating books, I started writing more books with different pen names on other topics I'm good at. This, my dear, has generated me wealth, not riches. Now I can make money while I sleep.

Please, wise people, generate legit generational wealth, not temporary illegal riches. Suffering today doesn't...

Typing...

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Depressed Like Me? See What I Did at Home Without Fear [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 11:03am On Apr 09, 2020
Suffering today doesn't mean you'll suffer forever, so be patient, be focused, ignore suicidal thoughts, and push through. You'll smile at last just as I'm doing.

By the way, when you see someone who has succeeded smiling, don't abuse them or get envious — most of them suffered to get there and they paid the price. Those that used shortcuts will one day pay the price — it's just a matter of time.

So, wipe your tears and know you're not the only one who is facing hardship, has faced hardship, or will face hardship.

If you have lost a loved one, you're going through relationship heartbreak or loneliness, you're not alone. A lot of people have been there, a lot of people are still there, and a lot of people will be there soon.

So, why do you think yours is worse and God has forgotten you? No, yours isn't worse.

Tip: Those who go through hell on earth are blessed in disguised.

While studying abroad, my dating life sucked and I was kinda depressed whenever I see my flatmates getting dates easily.

I found what I wasn't good at and improved on it and today, I'm making money from that improvement I did years ago.

It's not about your current predicament, but how you stay focused in improving yourself that matters. Don't...

Typing...

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are You Depressed Like Me? See What I Did at Home Without Fear [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 11:04am On Apr 09, 2020
Don't kill yourself by yourself because of money, lack of job, lack of a man or woman to call yours, lack of child, to lack of good grades in school, lack of house, lack of sales in your business, or even lack of business of your own.

I have said it before and I'll say it again: Don't kill yourself by yourself because of what you're currently going through.

Those hard times are what will change your life for good if only you don't give up like an idiót.

Even Buhari who isn't a graduate and also knows he isn't a great leader didn't give up after losing elections multiple times, so why should you?

Think like Buhari, in terms of not giving up. Be focused and calculative like Nelson Mandela. Be innovative like Thomas Edison and Steve Jobs. Assemble your life like Henry Ford. Be wealthy like Jeff Bezos. Don't chase riches like Yahoo plus fraudsters. Finally, be undeterred by criticisms like Donald Trump and iLegend. People say...

Typing...

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are You Depressed Like Me? See What I Did at Home Without Fear [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 11:05am On Apr 09, 2020
People say life is unfair, but it's a lie. Life is fair, but you made it unfair by ignoring education and focusing on school. Or by ignoring skill and focusing or school. Or by ignoring connections and focusing on just school and certificate.

School no dey pay well, na personal education, technical/digital skill, and connection dey pay pass.

Did Jesus go to school? Did Mohammed go to school? I'm referring to the real Mohammed, not Lai Mohammed. These people didn't go to school, but they have skills to convince people to follow their lead and skill to solve people's problems and they is why people followed them.

Also, don't hope someone who has made it is obligated to help you else he/she is stingy and won't make Heaven because you weren't helped.

In this life, we are on our own, but some people do get lucky and get helped. As a wise man or woman, don't depend on luck, but on skill, action, focus, and God.

Thank you.

Written by Joe Cléf.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are You Depressed Like Me? See What I Did at Home Without Fear [Picture] by Nobody: 11:08am On Apr 09, 2020
Nice.

You're one intriguing Nairalander..

Some days you wake up smarter than Einstein, Some day you wake up dumber than Buhari grin....

Keep doing you sha that's what is important

4 Likes

Re: Are You Depressed Like Me? See What I Did at Home Without Fear [Picture] by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 09, 2020
Thanks man
Re: Are You Depressed Like Me? See What I Did at Home Without Fear [Picture] by JAOS(m): 11:35am On Apr 09, 2020
inspiring,keep it up

1 Like

Re: Are You Depressed Like Me? See What I Did at Home Without Fear [Picture] by Nobody: 11:43am On Apr 09, 2020
I love you so much bro
The God that uplift you should remember me too
Re: Are You Depressed Like Me? See What I Did at Home Without Fear [Picture] by johnkey: 11:54am On Apr 09, 2020
Make we Sha know say you get AC.

1 Like

Re: Are You Depressed Like Me? See What I Did at Home Without Fear [Picture] by narit: 12:01pm On Apr 09, 2020
iLegendd:
People say life is unfair, but it's a lie. Life is fair, but you made it unfair by ignoring education and focusing on school. Or by ignoring skill and focusing or school. Or by ignoring connections and focusing on just school and certificate.

School no dey pay well, na personal education, technical/digital skill, and connection dey pay pass.

Did Jesus go to school? Did Mohammed go to school? I'm referring to the real Mohammed, not Lai Mohammed. These people didn't go to school, but they have skills to convince people to follow their lead and skill to solve people's problems and they is why people followed them.

Also, don't hope someone who has made it is obligated to help you else he/she is stingy and won't make Heaven because you weren't helped.

In this life, we are on our own, but some people do get lucky and get helped. As a wise man or woman, don't depend on luck, but on skill, action, focus, and God.

Thank you.

Written by Joe Cléf.

To think you been through something like that. Hmmmmm, everyone has where they are coming from, it is on these journey, we are able to find our own defining meaning to life. It is this hurdles of life that shape who we are and our attitude at that stage of life, will determines what becomes of our future.

1 Like

Re: Are You Depressed Like Me? See What I Did at Home Without Fear [Picture] by proff010: 12:07pm On Apr 09, 2020
The A.C is new why did you want to put gas. Abi na used one
Re: Are You Depressed Like Me? See What I Did at Home Without Fear [Picture] by Sososo(f): 12:28pm On Apr 09, 2020
LastGee:
Nice.

You're one intriguing Nairalander..

Some days you wake up smarter than Einstein, Some day you wake up dumber than Buhari grin....

Keep doing you sha that's what is important
hahaha see finishing

1 Like

Re: Are You Depressed Like Me? See What I Did at Home Without Fear [Picture] by Sososo(f): 12:32pm On Apr 09, 2020
Inspiring write up you have here. So many lessons to learn here for the undergraduates. Certificate is OVERRATED.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Depressed Like Me? See What I Did at Home Without Fear [Picture] by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 09, 2020
iLegend say so cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Are You Depressed Like Me? See What I Did at Home Without Fear [Picture] by Nobody: 1:05pm On Apr 09, 2020
iLegendd:

In this post, you have no choice than to read to the end. Why? Because at the end, you'll realize depression/lack of money is an opportunity for you to move ahead and be a leader, not just a follower. You'll also know making money is easy. A while ago, I...
For the first time your post is making sense.

kindly assist this brothel patronizer AKA ashawo man @ crownedrookie

1 Like

Re: Are You Depressed Like Me? See What I Did at Home Without Fear [Picture] by Bornfool(m): 1:06pm On Apr 09, 2020
I love this post a lot
Re: Are You Depressed Like Me? See What I Did at Home Without Fear [Picture] by NorthPrince: 1:13pm On Apr 09, 2020
I love this post bro embarassed

Buh when are u doing giveaway

Everywhere is just dry over here oo

2 Likes

Re: Are You Depressed Like Me? See What I Did at Home Without Fear [Picture] by Chazzyboy: 1:15pm On Apr 09, 2020
Legend

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

He Wants His Child After Telling Me To Go For An Abortion / Strictly For My Darling Kashybaby. / Two Ladies Wear Caps Shaped Like Penis And Vagina (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.