Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,855 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

MY TAKE ON THE YOUNG MAN WHO LOST EVERY THING - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / MY TAKE ON THE YOUNG MAN WHO LOST EVERY THING (695 Views)

Video Of The Young Couple Who Got Married At 21 / 19-Year-Old Father Of 2, Who Lost His 2 Baby Mamas, Shares His Story (Photo) / Traditional Wedding Of The Young Abia Couple (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MY TAKE ON THE YOUNG MAN WHO LOST EVERY THING by gunners160(m): 10:56am On Apr 09, 2020
Love is sweet,love is bitter, love is nice , love is fallacious ,love destroys and love conquers all. Yes, it is just a four letter word yet it so strong that even the greatest among the great fall at its feet.
I woke up this morning and the first thing I did was to log in to Nairaland to see a thread on snakes but my eyes stumbled on a topic on how a young man lost his job, his girlfriend (LovePeddler) and nearly committed suicide just because of frustration.
I will say ever since I joined Nairaland, I have never being this much sobber and at the same time moved by any topic but this particular one took my breathe away.
Yes, I know some people might doubt the credibility of this story but one thing that can't be taken away from this particular story, is that "there is some thing to learn from it be it positive or negative". The narrator(OP) shared an experience which a lot young men today are taking for granted all in the name of LOVE. They forget that the word " I love you is the most misinterpreted word and when the so called love is no longer there, it becomes too late to make correction "
I am not saying that one should not love but at the same time, don't love when you know the time is not right, don't love if you don't love your self, don't love if you can't hold you ground as a man and tell a lady NO when you know giving her a NO is the best thing to do.
NO MAN OWE ANY LADY ANY FORM/ KIND OF OBLIGATION. If she has any kind of "entitlement feelings " tell her to get a job or learn a skill you are not her father!!!
in as much as I feel so sorry for the narrator (OP), He caused the whole problem for himself. He was too nice and at the same time neglected the warning signs which sometimes are being called the red flags.
Don't kill yourself over anybody, they will spit on your grave after you are gone.

feel free to share ur opinion pertaining this issue

for those who have not read the story, you can visit this link
https://www.nairaland.com/5780636/lost-job-girlfriend-dumped-me

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MY TAKE ON THE YOUNG MAN WHO LOST EVERY THING by dawnomike(m): 11:25am On Apr 09, 2020
In my opinion which may be slightly contrary to what you said... The said lady was not the genesis of his misfortune although that compiled to the problem later on.
If he were to be the husband and father of the 2 kids, the child would still have had the same fate he had... He was just unfortunate to loose his keke and his job within a month.
The lesson i learnt from there is to not only invest in businesses but also invest in yourself... You may lose everything but what you have in you in the form of skills, education etc may save you!

He is now been saved by the skill (CCTV installation) he went on to learn... Love is never a crime...May we not love the wrong person and may we have the grace to Say 'NO' when it is needed -This part I took from you as right!

3 Likes

Re: MY TAKE ON THE YOUNG MAN WHO LOST EVERY THING by luwiizy(m): 11:51am On Apr 09, 2020
I feel for the guy, accepting someone who rejected you when you are down is a hell"NO" for me..

I can forgive but its just so hard to forget, e no easy...
Re: MY TAKE ON THE YOUNG MAN WHO LOST EVERY THING by Nobody: 12:07pm On Apr 09, 2020
Relationship is a skill. Learn it before you go into it. That's all I can say.

1 Like

Re: MY TAKE ON THE YOUNG MAN WHO LOST EVERY THING by samdavjustin(m): 12:27pm On Apr 09, 2020
I don’t have any ounce of pity for that guy except for the part where he lost his job every other thing that happened he caused it. This is what happens when you are too nice and naive to ladies they will surely take advantage of you.

I keep telling people relationships has rules and they need to know them very well before starting any serious relationship otherwise you will end up like that OP.

2 Likes

Re: MY TAKE ON THE YOUNG MAN WHO LOST EVERY THING by Pubichairs(m): 12:31pm On Apr 09, 2020
You don't have any take,

go and sleep

1 Like

Re: MY TAKE ON THE YOUNG MAN WHO LOST EVERY THING by mechanics(m): 12:32pm On Apr 09, 2020
True talk, I concur, some people just fall in love blindly and anything she ask, they will give her, like as if they are her father, we should be wise so we won't feel sad to the point of contemplating suicide when the worse happens.

1 Like

Re: MY TAKE ON THE YOUNG MAN WHO LOST EVERY THING by gunners160(m): 1:24pm On Apr 09, 2020
samdavjustin:
I don’t have any ounce of pity for that guy except for the part where he lost his job every other thing that happened he caused it. This is what happens when you are too nice and naive to ladies they will surely take advantage of you.

I keep telling people relationships has rules and they need to know them very well before starting any serious relationship otherwise you will end up like that OP.
Gbam. You just stated the obvious. He was the architect of his own misfortune. He never loved himself and as a result of this , he played the game the wrong way. The issue of love when it comes to dating, is a game . You either win, loss or draw. The person who loves the most gets hurt
Re: MY TAKE ON THE YOUNG MAN WHO LOST EVERY THING by quisera(m): 1:31pm On Apr 09, 2020
There's no blueprint or perfect guide to love. When one is in love anything goes. You can only criticize the op only when u've never felt true love. Love is real and it most times make us do shit. But when things go sour we just have to pick ourselves up and move on.

1 Like

Re: MY TAKE ON THE YOUNG MAN WHO LOST EVERY THING by FGonline: 1:53pm On Apr 09, 2020
quisera:
There's no blueprint or perfect guide to love. When one is in love anything goes. You can only criticize the op only when u've never felt true love. Love is real and it most times make us do shit. But when things go sour we just have to pick ourselves up and move on.
ur eyes never clear?

Love urselv 1st

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Jobs Available For Writers / Construction Jobs In Ado Ekiti / Should I Go To My Ex Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.