Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,409 members, 7,846,734 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! (119194 Views)

Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! / Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" / A Lady's Reply To A Guy Who Asked For Her Hand In Marriage On WhatsApp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by searchng4love: 5:01pm On Apr 09, 2020
safarigirl:

Only someone with low self esteem gets off of attacking people for their looks

Put up your own miserable picture, let's see if you can match OP in looks.

Is she not prettier than most of the women you guys like to drool over?

That is how all of you said Dora Akunyili's daughter is ugly and has a strong face, even while you could see her wedding pictures to a pretty white man.

Pathetic

If she likes let her marry Indian... No two ways...not fine is not fine....get a grip geh

10 Likes

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by MacBook4: 5:02pm On Apr 09, 2020
iammo:
UK too
pls tell me more about Nigerian girls in UK o
Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by safarigirl(f): 5:02pm On Apr 09, 2020
searchng4love:

Wee you shut up? So you want to be running your package instead of settling down?

It has been over 5 years since I have known your moniker on this site, and you just keep getting dumber by the posts.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by greenandy: 5:02pm On Apr 09, 2020
whizqueen:
My friend sent me this thread last night but I had too much to say so here we go.

I (A Nigerian girl living in Canada) will be responding to the OP's points and some other comments I found on the thread.

Are Nigerian Ladies in Canada lonely? Ofcourse we are! Are Nigerian girls in NIGERIA lonely? Hell yeah!!! Are Nigerian girls in other countries lonely? Absolutely!!!!! Being lonely is not a factor of location or person. It's about not finding the right friends/partner you vibe with.

Why did we immigrate? Bros are you kidding me? Canadian govt is paying me $2000 monthly and other benefits for losing income due to covid-19 Is that happening in Naija right now? All the money donated by philanthropist in Nigeria would soon disappear into the thin air without our govt giving explanation of any sort. Ofcourse, it's not bed of roses abroad neither were we expecting a man wrapped in a gift bag but please don't let your sentiments cloud your reasoning as to why people make immigration decisions abeg.

I personally feel attacked cry grin I recently posted a video on my YouTube Channel about finding love & online dating in Canada. It's asif this hope saw my video and wanted to attack me

What makes you think we would be interested in you to begin with? Don't pride yourself too much plis dear

If you like let the OP influence your decision and stop you from chasing your immigration dreams, last last it's up to you to decide what you want for your future.

Whilst I would agree with growing together with your partner and building with them. I think it's just shallow minded of anyone in this age and time to ask for women to chase marriage first before career. Marriage is not the ultimate not everyone sees marriage as an achievement. These days, if you crave for sex so much, you can pay someone to do it or get yourself a Love Machine, if you want a child, you can literally just buy a sperm and save yourself lots of stress. Most of us are yet to keep an open mind to these things, however if you want something badly there;s always a way to get it.

Most Nigerian men hate to see it happen, there are laws that protect women here and they would prefer dying single than to see women as their equals. A good number of them are control freaks and would rather their woman be at their beck and call for everything as opposed to having their marriage work as a partnership. Nigerian married man knowing the laws of the land will still go ahead and cheat on his wife with a girl living in the same condo with his wife. Una no even dey fear or respect una madam. If atall you really want to cheat, you cannot travel to Nigeria and secretly mess with girls that fancy IJGB crew or allen avenue. As expected, some women do exploit the situation but if you find yourself a god-fearing person and you do the right thing, no divorce laws or child custody issue would stop y'all from flourishing.

White men dont find us attractive? Laughs is Swahili
On the contrary most men of other races have FETISH for Nigerian girls and Black girls in general. Maybe not long term in all cases tho but they reaaaaaaally fancy us and admire our enthusiasm towards life. Whilst most Nigerian girls would likely not wanna go for the likes of 'Ryan', 'Billy' and co it's not cos we don't find them attractive. Firstly, Naija guys are smart, intelligent and goal oriented. You see the average ones already have plans for their future and working towards it unlike the counterparts who are comfortable with just a high school degree. If a Naija guy is even into technical jobs he would try to be the best at it and work towards starting his own company in the near future. Secondly, coping with someone with a different culture, lifestyle, food, etc is honestly stressful. I was talking with one Persian guy and he said before we can kiss or hold hands, we have to be temporarily married. undecided The other chinese guy is only about 5ft tall, I'm just wondering what he would look like in that department shocked

In Nigeria, when you visit a guy at home, some would expect you to know that's express ticket to get laid with them. But here if you visit a guy at home, you can be almost certain that if you guys have sex it's cos you wanted it, no guy will try to lure or manipulate you to straff them or tell you when you came to my house what were you thinking. They know it's important to ask for your opinion or even avoid the whole situation altogether.

Something the OP failed to address is that the Loneliness spans across both men and women living in Diaspora. Even the white people find it hard getting a partner for themselves much less an immigrant that would probably take some time to fully settle in. The system is built to have everyone mind their business, that togetherness or family-spirit is missing.

All the naija guys and ladies in Toronto have finish dating themselves. It's such a small city, everyone knows eachother thru another person only a matter of time before you find out that; the guy toasting you is ex with your colleagues' friend. Or the guy you matched with on the dating app went on a date with your housemate the day before. Some would be married and they would be on the dating apps lying to other women.

Some of us don't even mind going back home to bring men here, but 'em guys just they find paper. Only few genuinely love and care for you. I kuku know people here already do that as business tho, some ladies/guys now charge up to $30,000 to marry people from home to help them get residency here.

There are tons of Nigerians in Canada groups on WhatsApp and Telegram some are just for singles and you find people of age 35, 40, etc filled with both women and MEN. Some guys eventually resort to going back home to marry the less exposed girls, but guess what happens once they reach YYZ airport? Oh well your guess is as good as mine. Their eyes go open finish.

A good number of Naija guys are single and desperately finding love as well as ladies. Truth is, we all crave for love. And that's not a bad thing to want. Finding a good match or significant other is a honestly a game of chance. Home and Abroad, White or Black race finding a partner is truly difficult and if you got lucky finding that one special person, you better love and cherish them truly.

I rest my case; I am in the comment section waiting for someone to jump on my mention and before you do so just remember: Opinions are like as5holes and everyone is entitled to one. So this is my opinion, I have free time today grin

Link to Original thread https://www.nairaland.com/5782313/chai-nigerian-girls-canada-lonely

Your first explanation is enough to put decent people off:

if you are lonely because you can't find the right man to vibe with, better leave planet Earth, and go to settle in Jupiter.
In Jupiter, you can find the right man to vibe with.
Mtcheeeew. Building your fence so that no man can climb it.

2 Likes

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Fucsheetup(f): 5:02pm On Apr 09, 2020
princealexndre:
well I see why he said You people are lonely, Someone that is not lonely cannot type all this story
slowpoke. What of the earlier thread? He wasn’t lonely when he created it? cry

8 Likes

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by ovielistic: 5:02pm On Apr 09, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:
Canadabros, who else got their $2k today?

Na comfirm oh $2000 CERB...but you will pay $600 back in tax return when you file next year..

4 Likes

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by searchng4love: 5:02pm On Apr 09, 2020
safarigirl:

It has been over 5 years since I have known your moniker on this site, and you just keep getting dumber by the posts.

You're a liability... Finish and klaar

3 Likes

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by ovielistic: 5:05pm On Apr 09, 2020
orunmila144:
everybody is lonely in canada. its a cold dark lonely depressing place with high taxes, high rent and mediocre wages cheesy

speak for yourself..because I am not lonely oh..my guys who are married to better girls are enjoying themselves with their families..off course the tax is high..but I will choose it one million times over that shitty country called Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by pocohantas(f): 5:05pm On Apr 09, 2020
safarigirl:
as in

The nerve of these useless men to call the OP ugly, in reality, none of them can walk up to her to toast her. When Nigerian men know they cannot stand next to a woman, the next thing is to start insulting her looks.

Don’t mind the silly thing. “Yen yen, they are lonely. Yen yen, ugly. Yen yen yen evening newspaper”.

Are the women in their lives beauty queens? Always looking for how to pull a sister down. Then have the nerve to talk about pride. Virtuousness is licking their broke asses. Not me, Poco.

17 Likes

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by whizqueen(f): 5:06pm On Apr 09, 2020
greenandy:

Your first paragraph is enough to put decent people off:

if you are lonely because you can't find the right man to vibe with, better leave planet Earth, and go to settle in Jupiter.
In Jupiter, you can find the right man to vibe with.
Mtcheeeew. Building your fence so that no man can climb it.
If you understand English and you read clearly before jumping at your keyboard you’d see that was a generalization about lonely people

1 Like

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by CoronaVirusPro: 5:06pm On Apr 09, 2020
Who is going to read this Bible.

Summary please.
Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by GraGra247(m): 5:06pm On Apr 09, 2020
SmartyPants:

Read again. She clearly confirms that they are finding it difficult to find partners. The difference is that she claims it cuts across both male and female.

She also hinted that white men like to use and dump them.

Abegi. We both see things differently. I choose to look deeper than others.

To each his own anyways.

1 Like

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Gilgil: 5:06pm On Apr 09, 2020
What's even wrong with us Naija men?

I read both threads and believe me, the rebuttal from the lady is truth. She said it all; no envelop generalizations.

See, in the West, the society is designed for privacy and the average Naija immigrant will surely be lonely. No need to take this further.

10 Likes

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by ovielistic: 5:06pm On Apr 09, 2020
whizqueen:

Govt said we should stay at home and they would pay us $500 weekly. Please give me one reason why I should not have free time angry

tell them the truth..how much tax will you pay back from that money when you file tax..you are creating the impression that is awoof money.

3 Likes

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by searchng4love: 5:06pm On Apr 09, 2020
pocohantas:

Who is exchanging words with you. I am putting it to you, you are a fôol.
Takes one to know another

6 Likes

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by rapcy(m): 5:07pm On Apr 09, 2020
IdioticNLmods:
This Op no even fine at all.. No wonder they said Nigerian girls in Canada are too ugly All these long story to cover the loneliness you girls go through over there, i wasn't even able to read a quarter cos it's gibberish. If i was a learner i would have read it all and probably sided with you but fortunately for me I'm not.. What the other op said is nothing but the pure truth cos I've seen it in reality and other guys has seen the same thing, we can't all be mad.
If you and some wack females believe that the previous thread was just to massage we men's ego then that's you girl's fuckin cup of tea. I've never really liked Nigerian females and i will never settle with one, so I don't give a fvck about where you girls travel to or your relationship lives. Secretly, i was even angry with the other Op for opening that thread, i don't want you Nigerian girls to be enlightened on that matter cos it will give me joy seeing you girls over there looking dejected grin
The idea of that thread was for you girls to plan well knowing fully well that you all carry marriage matter for head, but i can see you girls are so pained that it made you missed the point!

5 Likes

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by WildChild00(m): 5:07pm On Apr 09, 2020
Ladycewhy:
they regard them more as old people care giver . Imagine marrying a grandma ,na shit and piss you go pack tire. And they don't mind o . Nigerian men are the only men in West Africa willing to pack shit and piss for an ancestor all in the name of being married to a white woman grin grin

shocked shocked cry grin
Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Emaprince: 5:07pm On Apr 09, 2020
safarigirl:
as in

The nerve of these useless men to call the OP ugly, in reality, none of them can walk up to her to toast her. When Nigerian men know they cannot stand next to a woman, the next thing is to start insulting her looks.

Hmm....So you self dey throw insult like this?

Do you know that when a Naija girl can not get a man to be interested in her or have sex with her, she will term him weak, impotent etc its vice versa

The OP of this thread is ugly..

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Joguns(m): 5:08pm On Apr 09, 2020
whizqueen:
My friend sent me this thread last night but I had too much to say so here we go.

I (A Nigerian girl living in Canada) will be responding to the OP's points and some other comments I found on the thread.

Are Nigerian Ladies in Canada lonely? Ofcourse we are! Are Nigerian girls in NIGERIA lonely? Hell yeah!!! Are Nigerian girls in other countries lonely? Absolutely!!!!! Being lonely is not a factor of location or person. It's about not finding the right friends/partner you vibe with.

Why did we immigrate? Bros are you kidding me? Canadian govt is paying me $2000 monthly and other benefits for losing income due to covid-19 Is that happening in Naija right now? All the money donated by philanthropist in Nigeria would soon disappear into the thin air without our govt giving explanation of any sort. Ofcourse, it's not bed of roses abroad neither were we expecting a man wrapped in a gift bag but please don't let your sentiments cloud your reasoning as to why people make immigration decisions abeg.

I personally feel attacked cry grin I recently posted a video on my YouTube Channel about finding love & online dating in Canada. It's asif this hope saw my video and wanted to attack me

What makes you think we would be interested in you to begin with? Don't pride yourself too much plis dear

If you like let the OP influence your decision and stop you from chasing your immigration dreams, last last it's up to you to decide what you want for your future.

Whilst I would agree with growing together with your partner and building with them. I think it's just shallow minded of anyone in this age and time to ask for women to chase marriage first before career. Marriage is not the ultimate not everyone sees marriage as an achievement. These days, if you crave for sex so much, you can pay someone to do it or get yourself a Love Machine, if you want a child, you can literally just buy a sperm and save yourself lots of stress. Most of us are yet to keep an open mind to these things, however if you want something badly there;s always a way to get it.

Most Nigerian men hate to see it happen, there are laws that protect women here and they would prefer dying single than to see women as their equals. A good number of them are control freaks and would rather their woman be at their beck and call for everything as opposed to having their marriage work as a partnership. Nigerian married man knowing the laws of the land will still go ahead and cheat on his wife with a girl living in the same condo with his wife. Una no even dey fear or respect una madam. If atall you really want to cheat, you cannot travel to Nigeria and secretly mess with girls that fancy IJGB crew or allen avenue. As expected, some women do exploit the situation but if you find yourself a god-fearing person and you do the right thing, no divorce laws or child custody issue would stop y'all from flourishing.

On the contrary most men of other races have FETISH for Nigerian girls and Black girls in general. Maybe not long term in all cases tho but they reaaaaaaally fancy us and admire our enthusiasm towards life. Whilst most Nigerian girls would likely not wanna go for the likes of 'Ryan', 'Billy' and co it's not cos we don't find them attractive. Firstly, Naija guys are smart, intelligent and goal oriented. You see the average ones already have plans for their future and working towards it unlike the counterparts who are comfortable with just a high school degree. If a Naija guy is even into technical jobs he would try to be the best at it and work towards starting his own company in the near future. Secondly, coping with someone with a different culture, lifestyle, food, etc is honestly stressful. I was talking with one Persian guy and he said before we can kiss or hold hands, we have to be temporarily married. undecided The other chinese guy is only about 5ft tall, I'm just wondering what he would look like in that department shocked

In Nigeria, when you visit a guy at home, some would expect you to know that's express ticket to get laid with them. But here if you visit a guy at home, you can be almost certain that if you guys have sex it's cos you wanted it, no guy will try to lure or manipulate you to straff them or tell you when you came to my house what were you thinking. They know it's important to ask for your opinion or even avoid the whole situation altogether.

Something the OP failed to address is that the Loneliness spans across both men and women living in Diaspora. Even the white people find it hard getting a partner for themselves much less an immigrant that would probably take some time to fully settle in. The system is built to have everyone mind their business, that togetherness or family-spirit is missing.

All the naija guys and ladies in Toronto have finish dating themselves. It's such a small city, everyone knows eachother thru another person only a matter of time before you find out that; the guy toasting you is ex with your colleagues' friend. Or the guy you matched with on the dating app went on a date with your housemate the day before. Some would be married and they would be on the dating apps lying to other women.

Some of us don't even mind going back home to bring men here, but 'em guys just they find paper. Only few genuinely love and care for you. I kuku know people here already do that as business tho, some ladies/guys now charge up to $30,000 to marry people from home to help them get residency here.

There are tons of Nigerians in Canada groups on WhatsApp and Telegram some are just for singles and you find people of age 35, 40, etc filled with both women and MEN. Some guys eventually resort to going back home to marry the less exposed girls, but guess what happens once they reach YYZ airport? Oh well your guess is as good as mine. Their eyes go open finish.

A good number of Naija guys are single and desperately finding love as well as ladies. Truth is, we all crave for love. And that's not a bad thing to want. Finding a good match or significant other is a honestly a game of chance. Home and Abroad, White or Black race finding a partner is truly difficult and if you got lucky finding that one special person, you better love and cherish them truly.

I rest my case; I am in the comment section waiting for someone to jump on my mention and before you do so just remember: Opinions are like as5holes and everyone is entitled to one. So this is my opinion, I have free time today grin

Link to Original thread https://www.nairaland.com/5782313/chai-nigerian-girls-canada-lonely

Nice thread and write-up.
Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by bendazum: 5:08pm On Apr 09, 2020
baralatie:

that is why I am suspicious of exactly what was the aim for opening this thread

Are you interested?

If you are, shoot your shot. If not, shift small let another person try.
Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by whizqueen(f): 5:08pm On Apr 09, 2020
safarigirl:
as in

My dear the matter weak me. The most disgusting thing is the same guys that are talking trash on here are the ones that sent me DMs already. All in the name of trying not to look vulnerable

10 Likes

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by searchng4love: 5:08pm On Apr 09, 2020
ovielistic:

tell them the truth..how much tax will you pay back from that money when you file tax..you are creating the impression that is awoof money.
Don't mind her

6 Likes

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by safarigirl(f): 5:09pm On Apr 09, 2020
Emaprince:
Hmm....So you self dey throw insult like this?

Yes

This is the first time I have insulted anyone in the over 10 years I've been on Nairaland

Maybe you have a picture of mine from 2011 you would like to share?

3 Likes

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by ovielistic: 5:09pm On Apr 09, 2020
katyamizotta:
My advice to Nigerian ladies in Canada: You do not have to be lonely. If you open your eyes you will see the men of other races are eyeing you. There may not be enough Nigerian men to go round in Canada and I understand you want someone with a similar culture, but maybe you should be more open-minded.

have the men of other races finish eyeing their girls..Who told you they are interested..in most cases you will hardly see those men dating 9ja girls..they are not interested..they prefer girls in their own culture or race..lol its only 9ja guys that you see all manner of girls with them from white girls to Asian girls to girls from other African culture.

5 Likes

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Designerdollars: 5:09pm On Apr 09, 2020
Nobody gives a f**k if your family is in Canada dude undecided
adewumiopeyemi:
All my brothers are base in Canada
Mum just went recently for visit
Because of
Corona issue she has to stay there because if she come to Nigeria she has to be isolated for 14 days
Am I was meant to write my IELTS exam on April 18
Everything suspended till further notice
Am deam tired of this country

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Solatium(m): 5:09pm On Apr 09, 2020
whizqueen:

No mind them jare
Are you still single and searching?
if you wouldn't mind,I go love you ooo.
infact I don fall in love sef
the prospect of moving to Canada with you is irresistible.
oya hit me on PM.
o late Lai Àkàkẹ́
Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Nobody: 5:09pm On Apr 09, 2020
whizqueen:

You know what, I don't have much to say. Your response has said it all about your background and tribe you belong here back home. Omoluabi atata ni e. You have expressed yourself so explicitly that, you didn't leave any stone unturned, neither did you unleash any abusive words on either side. How I wish I could visit Quebec this year sad. I for visit you with my cousin wherever you are. Unfortunately, uncle Coro don dabaru everything globally....hopefully, things would get better soonest, by God's grace. Seriously, you deserve an accolade. Tiri gbosaaaa for you dear.

3 Likes

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by SweetCunt97(f): 5:10pm On Apr 09, 2020
Shibaraba:
Op simply justified the first thread. Like your gaptooth though

And it made front page. Let me use this opportunity to pass a message .Do you know that when you give you actually receive? People dey hungry for this lock down. Some you go see outside dey laugh but Owu Don blow dem. Please pick your phone, call that your family and friend. This is an opportunity to make people smile. Yes scammers dey...But even if you're scammed while doing good the blessing remains the same. Even if na 1k give. You just might save a life. Hunger bad

(Miss you Hungerbad. Rip)
Ngwanu save my own life
Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by laxxy(m): 5:10pm On Apr 09, 2020
Another men Vs women thread .... Anyone putting much energy into this thread is psychologically unstable... It's a fact that most Nigerian women would prefer the whites due to financial services and men will like the whites because we want to taste something new ( no give me money for this or that ) that freedom of I give when I have not I give to be in good terms with my woman. No matter your reason for going outside it's your business not ours

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (32) (Reply)

Secret Tips – 14 Ways To Keep Your Man Begging For More Of You / Lady Uses Chicken Leg As Waist Bead / Curvy Lady Mobbed At Ghana Airport (Pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.