Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,320 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) (137405 Views)

Two South African Policemen Caught With Looted Goods In Their Cars. / President Trump Pledges Orderly Transition On January 20 / Photos Of Over 500,000 Residents Fleeing Wild Fire Orderly In U.S. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by Explorers(m): 6:03am On Apr 11, 2020
The San Antonio Food Bank distributed one million pounds of food to roughly 6,000 families in a single day as millions across the country turn to charity organizations to avoid going hungry amid coronavirus lockdowns.

Stunning aerial photos show thousands of cars lined up at Trader's Village in San Antonio, Texas, during the massive food distribution event on Thursday.

People are seen standing on their cars as they waited in line for hours to get their hands on food and other essentials.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8207245/Six-THOUSAND-families-line-cars-hours-food-bank-San-Antonio.html

71 Likes 21 Shares

Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by Explorers(m): 6:03am On Apr 11, 2020
Helpers Alisa Alonzo (left) and Jennifer Byrnes (right) gather bags of split peas to load into cars at Traders Village.

The San Antonio Food Bank said it distributed one million pounds of food over the course of the day.

Each family left with enough food to fill two grocery carts, intended to last them the rest of the month.

Food bank staff wore masks and gloves as they distributed boxes into waiting cars.

67 Likes 13 Shares

Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by Explorers(m): 6:04am On Apr 11, 2020
Food bank volunteer Heather Martinez says goodbye to a family after filling their car with pantry items.

The line of cars extended outside the parking lot and into the street in San Antonio.

63 Likes 8 Shares

Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by Explorers(m): 6:04am On Apr 11, 2020
An aerial view from a drone shows vehicles lineup to receive food provided by the food bank Feeding South Florida in Sunrise, Florida, on April 6.

Scroll down for more food distribution photos from Florida.

90 Likes 9 Shares

Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by hopeforcharles(m): 6:05am On Apr 11, 2020
I am thinking will there be food shortage in America? With This way they are responsive and organized.
Since Nigeria always copy from them let's copy this one too

610 Likes 51 Shares

Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by fulaniHERDSman(m): 6:07am On Apr 11, 2020
cool

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by segebase(m): 6:13am On Apr 11, 2020
See beta country .....dem suppose recolonize Africa

673 Likes 38 Shares

Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by linnyx: 6:19am On Apr 11, 2020
That is how it is done. Here in Naija... Make I no talk

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by Nobody: 6:19am On Apr 11, 2020
Sweet country
I have a proposition. I suggest the federal government should, instead of wasting money in the name of nysc for youths, make them dey send every youth go America or Europe for at least three months after school so we go see as people dey live over there. See organisation na. See love. See order . See peace. See equality . Everybody comport. That is a country that works.

If this were to be naija, fight go Don happen since na. See that woman dey wave after she Don drop food. For here she go Don turn Jesus Christ. Dey shout line up, line up. People go dey even bribe them to collect aid. That one na if dem mc oluomo wannabees never carry bottle scatter the whole place.Different headline the next day Explorers headline go read
Foodbank turns blood bank as touts clash in abule egba
Pm express headline
50 killed as food sharing turns blow sharing
Igberetv headline
Man divorces wife in ejigbo as he discovers that she slept with officials before food was handed out.
Cyriacius izuekwe headline
Horror as bloodbath reigns in mushin over food
Autojosh headline
How to care for you car while queueing to access foodaid
And our resident asslicker headline Alex reports
Regina Daniels poses with recipients of food aid in abakaliki

By the way,that last picture, I fit bet my blokos na our sisters those hanty be. One back Pikin another just relax. By the way if you no get any of those wrapper for house you're not a Nigerian

1331 Likes 160 Shares

Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by awesomely: 6:20am On Apr 11, 2020
Explorers the Great!

I greet you! You are doing well!

Despite all the funding and donations we have been reading about online, only very few people in Nigeria, can attest that they have received food or cash donations.

Our politicians would rather do this, during election period, than this lock down period, where most families feed on daily wage.

111 Likes 7 Shares

Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by Nobody: 6:25am On Apr 11, 2020
I saw one white guy standing on his car to see the distribution line. That guy probably once stayed in Nigeria. That action was typically Nigerian.

427 Likes 23 Shares

Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by Nobody: 6:28am On Apr 11, 2020
Using cars is good for physical distancing, but what about those without a car?

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by kadas01(m): 6:29am On Apr 11, 2020
Seriously, we have a very long way to go here in Nigeria and so much to learn as well!

See how organized they are; and most importantly, the ability to touch the lives of their citizens positively at this very delicate hour!

Lovely!

Explorer...... Kudos to you!

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by DanseMacabre(m): 6:29am On Apr 11, 2020
Whoo!

I don't mean to trivialise the tragedy, but it's been aeons I last had the privilege of making home page on an explorers's thread.

That said, the issue of other countries' response and show of concern towards their citizens, as compared to Nigeria's, is like flogging a dead horse.

However, it shouldn't be too worrisome because laat time I checked, Nigeria was created as and is still a business enterprise. The aim of any business is to maximise profit. The major shareholders are the elite in government, and we, the citizens are just sweatshop employees, no different from the millions of underage children in China who work fourteen hour days and get paid pee-nuts (pun intended).

My advise to Nigerians is either of the following.

1. Get a visa and move to Chad.
2. Bribe your way (as is standard procedure) to get a public or service job, loot the hell out of it and remain here.

Nigeria is dead. We need a new country.

And yes o, as the accompanying meme indicates, I'm prepared for the barrage of 'wailer' brigade.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by kalvoken(m): 6:32am On Apr 11, 2020
cry cry cry

Explorers, why are you doing this to Nigeria?

The more you open my eyes to this informative info, the more I hate being a nigerian.

When you have a sensible leaders with humanity in them, the citizens shall become organized and lawful.

Ije uwa! Ayele oh!

151 Likes 10 Shares

Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by sisisioge: 6:33am On Apr 11, 2020
See as them organize! If na here, we go don form many sub lines to each legit line.

By the way, them say if you hustle well get connection to collect food from your local government, wetin them go give you na one N50 naira bread and 4 pcs of eggs. Hian! grin grin grin

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by seankafor(m): 6:33am On Apr 11, 2020
There must always be hunger no matter what.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by yenereal(m): 6:33am On Apr 11, 2020
Country wey sabi

Just look at how organized the queues are, and that will ensure free flow of the distribution. If it's here, fighting, I came first, sorting, man no man, even soldiers and police will be killing people anyhow.

I weep for thie country.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by Nobody: 6:36am On Apr 11, 2020
While yesterday, hundreds of Ijebu Ode residence in their usual unruly manner rushed out to scoop Palm oil from a fallen truck.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by kalvoken(m): 6:37am On Apr 11, 2020
sisisioge:
See as them organize! If na here, we go don form many sub lines to each legit line.

By the way, them say if you hustle well get connection to collect food from your local government, wetin them go give you na one N50 naira bread and 4 pcs of eggs. Hian! grin grin grin

Why wouldn't there be sub lines abi na wetin you call am, when those sharing are doing so base on favoritism. Their family first, party members second, area people and then yoruba/igbo wise.
You can only tell the story if didn't fall in any of those classes

25 Likes

Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by Explorers(m): 6:41am On Apr 11, 2020
The National Guard, Military has been deployed to assist food banks in Washington state and Louisiana, and in cities across the U.S.

Volunteers prepare to pack boxes of food to be distributed to those in need at the Capital Area Food Bank in Washington, D.C., April 1.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by Olunmercy56(f): 6:46am On Apr 11, 2020
We are waiting for our own government to act fast, many people are really hungry!!!!

9 Likes

Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by Explorers(m): 6:46am On Apr 11, 2020
Volunteers in Florida helps distributes foods and vegetables in cars on queue. April, 2020.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by Explorers(m): 6:49am On Apr 11, 2020
Easter eggs provided by the Feeding South Florida food bank are loaded into the trunk of a car in Sunrise on Monday.

A mile long queue, social distancing.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by Nobody: 6:50am On Apr 11, 2020
Explorers, any sudden rise of outbreaks in Georgia? I can't seem to find any info on the spiking rate. Nice thread BTW smiley.
Modified: Do not bother, Explorers. I've seen some info.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by sLentlover7778(m): 6:53am On Apr 11, 2020
To all our leaders... "Whatever you have excuse for , you will never achieve"...grin grin grin

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by Explorers(m): 6:54am On Apr 11, 2020
A mile long queue, social distancing.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by Yustash001(m): 6:57am On Apr 11, 2020
This not feasible in Nigeria where you be on the queue for more than an hour and someone would come from nowhere and want to enter the line in the front..

114 Likes 6 Shares

Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by Nobody: 7:00am On Apr 11, 2020
Shibaraba:
Sweet country
I have a proposition. I suggest the federal government should, instead of wasting money in the name of nysc for youths, make them dey send every youth go America or Europe for at least three months after school so we go see as people dey live over there
That won't be a very good idea as there would be mass (im)migration resulting in population increase. That is a BIG problem. No country would want that.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by Yustash001(m): 7:04am On Apr 11, 2020
sisisioge:

Here it's only 4 cups of stony rice we saw....they brought 3 bags to the community, the chief (baaale) alone carried 2 bags and a bag was shared among the community dwellers....

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by Explorers(m): 7:15am On Apr 11, 2020
Yustash001:
Here it's only 4 cups of stony rice we saw....they brought 3 bags to the community, the chief (baaale) alone carried 2 bags and a bag was shared among the community dwellers....

Lol......One bag is much na, i saw one last week, one bagco bag of rice and two bowls of beans for a community.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) by Makavelli25: 7:22am On Apr 11, 2020
Explorers:

Lol......One bag is much na, i saw one last week, one bagco bag of rice and two bowls of beans for a community.
For a community,abi what did i just hear wink

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Deadliest Black/African Warriors!!!! / Kim Yo-Jong, Jong-Un's Sister To Lead North Korea If He Dies / Gov.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.