Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,029 members, 7,835,493 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Xenophobia Among Africans - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Xenophobia Among Africans (609 Views)

Xenophobia: South Africa Vs One Nigeria.[photo][viewer discretion] / Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama / Offensive Joke By South Africans On Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Xenophobia Among Africans by sumerian(m): 2:51pm On Jan 04, 2011
Are Africans generally more prone to expressing xenophobic behavior than other nationalities; Europeans for instance. And if so what is the cause of this behavior, given than we come from a common legacy of colonialism, apartheid and other forms of oppression?
Re: Xenophobia Among Africans by Blazay(m): 3:25pm On Jan 04, 2011
sumerian:

Are Africans generally more prone to expressing xenophobic behavior than other nationalities; Europeans for instance.

Yes! And African-Americans too who suffer from the MOST severe and chronic cases of xenophobia. Don't let them deceive you for one second. The mutual distrust between African Americans and Africans lives for ever.

And if so what is the cause of this behavior, given than we come from a common legacy of colonialism, apartheid and other forms of oppression?

Jealousy, spite, envy, insecurity, illiteracy, TRIBALISM, poverty, lack of spirituality, RELIGION, cognitive impairment, laziness and shamelessness to mention just a few. kiss

Most feel bad they are still stuck in the mud, while others have moved on.
Most run away from Africa. . .like myself. . .to beg to be recolonized.
What is there to be proud about cocerning Africa? undecided
NO proud African would be away from Africa today. . .for any reason.
Others leave their countries because they have a choice.
Africans leave Africa because they have NO choice.
Gladly too. cool No regrets. kiss

Bottomline. . .self-hate.
The worst psychological, under-diagnosed psychosis. . . perculiar to Africans alone. kiss

Please, speak for yourself. I do NOT come from a common legacy of colonialism, apartheid and other forms of oppression. 3 generations have come and gone before me, without experiencing any of these. . . .and I refuse to acknowlege they exist in my life. I don't have to wait 500 years to be a decent human being. That is all it takes to rise above the sub-human status of a base animal.

Thank you.
Re: Xenophobia Among Africans by naijacutee(f): 9:42pm On Jan 04, 2011
When we have discrimination among members of the same state, is there any hope for other members of the continent?

(1) (Reply)

Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic / The Chance Sarah Jibril Missed / ''PDP has done all they can. There is nothing new they can do''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.