Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,332 members, 7,836,400 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Nothing Fears The North Like Disintegration Of Nigeria - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nothing Fears The North Like Disintegration Of Nigeria (9752 Views)

Tinubu Is Treating North Like Orphans, Abuja Now No Man's Land / YAF: Yoruba Group Rejects Calls For Nigeria’s Disintegration (Pictures) / Nigeria Moving Towards Disintegration - Abdulsalami Abubakar Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nothing Fears The North Like Disintegration Of Nigeria by Dtribeless: 2:59pm On Apr 15, 2020
Dtribeless:

Mr Arewa, when folks like me say the North is "behind", we don't mean in infrastructure; we mean behind in the mindset needed to thrive in today's world. The region, despite ruling the country for many years, has underachieved in human capital, which is far too compulsory for development. The South has more human capital than the North. For example, in healthcare, if the North and South were to divide, the South would have more in per capita healthcare providers than the North. In Finance, the South has more talent, as the banking workforce in Nigeria clearly displays. And there is no shortage of labor as the numbers are there (at least 80MM), plus there's access to the sea, which the North will die for. A lot of people talk of Oil, but access to the sea is the biggest price. Fine, the North has agriculture; however, the South can keep buying as they do right now.

The issue, in my opinion, as I don't think Southerners are innately more intelligent than Northerners: the North is religiously fatalistic. They tend to impose their version of God; no matter how objectionable "outsiders" find it. This is not recipe for growth anywhere. Let us compare Norway to Saudi Arabia. Both have significantly high Oil revenues; Saudi Arabia more than Norway. However, Norway is an open society, having a King but only in name. Norwegians have a far higher quality of life than Saudi Arabia can ever dream of. How does Norway differ from the also largely homogeneous Saudi Arabia? Sheer openness and tolerance, regardless of gender, at least within their own society. Like Saudi Arabia and Gulf states, but without enough money and interest from international capital, the North is also un-open and far more behind in all human indices. When some cartoonist scribbles in France, "fellow Nigerians" are brutalized in northern Nigeria. That is entirely unacceptable -- call it One Nigeria or whatever. Crime might be the same but motivation can make crime even more pungent.

What I propose is a confederation of States, where we send some funds (10% or so) to the center for loose representation and such, but each region governs itself. Every Nigerian can still move around move across all confederating regions, as we should keep a skeleton of the current Federal Police and Army to provide joint oversight, but everyone will act according to the rules of each region (up to the point where it violates Human Rights). That means each region can determine the criteria for educational placement, employment, housing, business governance etc. If you have a better way forward, please let me know. This current arrangement cannot last much longer. Global events like epidemics can expose weaknesses in societal structures. Remember what started the Arab spring. We should not wait for that and should reach workable arrangements like fellow Africans (brothers in the larger sense).

It's not blame. It's like being shackled to a corpse.
Re: Nothing Fears The North Like Disintegration Of Nigeria by Deepfeel(m): 3:14pm On Apr 15, 2020
DanHaske:

They are making an honest living. I knw you would rather they go into armed robbery, kidnapping. but unlike your culture, theirs doesn't encourage criminality

Thousands of your brothers and sisters are in ssmbisa forest kidnaping , stealing killing and destroying ,on a daily basis, they are doing it for your God Allah , with the support of your leaders sponsoring them, even when they are captured your leaders release them,

That's a honest living in the north

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nothing Fears The North Like Disintegration Of Nigeria by gawu1: 3:31pm On Apr 15, 2020
Kyase:
Election don finish nothing like Middlebelt again ba?
now we are all north, make i catch one idiot in 2023 dey call me middlebelt then we go know
Ogah, What is your take here?
Re: Nothing Fears The North Like Disintegration Of Nigeria by Nobody: 3:32pm On Apr 15, 2020
Deepfeel:

Thousands of your brothers and sisters are in ssmbisa forest kidnaping , stealing killing and destroying ,on a daily basis, they are doing it for your God Allah , with the support of your leaders sponsoring them, even when they are captured your leaders release them,

That's a honest living in the north

Hahaha he should see this...freshly baked today o

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nothing Fears The North Like Disintegration Of Nigeria by Kyase(m): 3:40pm On Apr 15, 2020
gawu1:

Ogah, What is your take here?
YOU know my take, why asking me?
Re: Nothing Fears The North Like Disintegration Of Nigeria by AnanseK(m): 4:13pm On Apr 15, 2020
When the millions of Igbos in Kano and Kaduna move back from the backward North to their paradise in the East we will find the solution.

It will be easy for Nigeria to disintegrate but you chest beaters will always wear red caps and bright colored jumpers to come begging the emirs and the northern Governors when ever you are asked to go back to your well developed paradise in the Biafran enclave.

No body wants you, please go if you’re serious about disintegration. Tell your Ministers and Federal employees university lectures , doctors and other healthcare workers to resign . It is not rocket science, but we know it’s all empty threats, you are the ones hanging on. Please go! No war no trouble in this, it is very simple.

We can always negotiate how the pay you the costs of your assets in the North and other parts of Nigeria and Abuja.
Re: Nothing Fears The North Like Disintegration Of Nigeria by Dtribeless: 4:15pm On Apr 15, 2020
AnanseK:

When the millions of Igbos in Kano and Kaduna move back from the backward North to their paradise in the East we will find the solution.

It will be easy for Nigeria to disintegrate but you chest beaters will always wear red caps and bright colored jumpers to come begging the emirs and the northern Governors when ever you are asked to go back to your well developed paradise in the Biafran enclave.

No body wants you, please go if you’re serious about disintegration. Tell your Ministers and Federal employees university lectures , doctors and other healthcare workers to resign . It is not rocket science, but we know it’s all empty threats, you are the ones hanging on. Please go! No war no trouble in this, it is very simple.

We can always negotiate how the pay you the costs of your assets in the North and other parts of Nigeria and Abuja.

You guys can have the assets, but your destructive nature would not let you keep it for long. Again, the true asset is in the brain.

1 Like

Re: Nothing Fears The North Like Disintegration Of Nigeria by AnanseK(m): 4:25pm On Apr 15, 2020
Dtribeless:

You guys can have the assets, but your destructive nature would not let you keep it for long. Again, the true asset is in the brain.

You haven’t answered the question, perhaps you don’t have a share of that brain. Read my comments again. What are millions of your kinsmen doing in the backward north? Please go.
Re: Nothing Fears The North Like Disintegration Of Nigeria by Covidodo: 4:35pm On Apr 15, 2020
selemempe:
the dolt spoke yoruba to you! That means he is more likely going to be yoruba than Igbo...but guess what, you ignored all the signs that he is yoruba and started calling him Igbo....why? Oh because it's impossible to find a yoruba who doesn't like north? Is that why you believe he is igbo even though he speaks yoruba
Should I type in your native language or what ??
I attacked him for speaking ill of the Yorubas .
Don't be daft
Re: Nothing Fears The North Like Disintegration Of Nigeria by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 15, 2020
AnanseK:

You haven’t answered the question, perhaps you don’t have a share of that brain. Read my comments again. What are millions of your kinsmen doing in the backward north? Please go.

We saw opportunity where your fathers and youths are lazing around begging

If we can't have the benefits the north is getting both in tax reduction and other federal benefits in our own region then we move there and enjoy the benefits our selves since they choose to lazy around and beg

If mountain can't come to alhaji...then he should go to the mountain
Re: Nothing Fears The North Like Disintegration Of Nigeria by AnanseK(m): 5:24pm On Apr 15, 2020
ezenwajosh:

We saw opportunity where your fathers and youths are lazing around begging

If we can't have the benefits the north is getting both in tax reduction and other federal benefits in our own region then we move there and enjoy the benefits our selves since they choose to lazy around and beg

If mountain can't come to alhaji...then he should go to the mountain

So what happens to separation that you and your fathers are beating your chests about?

Are they empty threats?
Re: Nothing Fears The North Like Disintegration Of Nigeria by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 15, 2020
AnanseK:

So what happens to separation that you and your fathers are beating your chests about?

Are they empty threats?

That's the point we want to have that opportunity in our own region so we can develop it.

The only way is to have our own country

2 Likes

Re: Nothing Fears The North Like Disintegration Of Nigeria by RTSC: 5:39pm On Apr 15, 2020
Their governors should focus more on education and human capital devt.

When I see them building more and more road, I am not impressed.
Re: Nothing Fears The North Like Disintegration Of Nigeria by AnanseK(m): 5:46pm On Apr 15, 2020
ezenwajosh:

That's the point we want to have that opportunity in our own region so we can develop it.
The only way is to have our own country

Re: Nothing Fears The North Like Disintegration Of Nigeria by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 15, 2020
AnanseK:

It doesn't work that way....its a gradual process...and we have set our minds on it
Re: Nothing Fears The North Like Disintegration Of Nigeria by Dtribeless: 5:53pm On Apr 15, 2020
AnanseK:

They are doing business, you slowpoke. Westerners come to the North for business too, does that mean they don't have better homes? Business takes you everywhere, you clown. Needing to spell this out to you proves my point: low human capital in the North.

1 Like

Re: Nothing Fears The North Like Disintegration Of Nigeria by Maxmilliano111: 6:11pm On Apr 15, 2020
LWKMD

Ipob pigs vs afonjas

Ipob pigs vs the almajiris

Nah only igbo waka come

Chaii truly truly nah audio chest beating be the main problem wey my Igbo brothers get
Re: Nothing Fears The North Like Disintegration Of Nigeria by Deepfeel(m): 6:16pm On Apr 15, 2020
Dangote was the first to call you arrewa youths jobless illiterates when you issued that threat to Igbo's , we didn't beg, your leaders invited the Igbo leaders in the north to assure them that , you arrawa illiterates don't know what you are talking about, and they are not part of it

We once moved back to our region and created our own country, why did you northerners with the help of west united and declared war on us?

AnanseK:

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nothing Fears The North Like Disintegration Of Nigeria by gidgiddy: 6:18pm On Apr 15, 2020
AnanseK:

If ever Igbo moved back to Igbo land, how will that bring about disintegration?

The reality is that Southern Nigeria gains noting from the North, not one single thing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nothing Fears The North Like Disintegration Of Nigeria by Deepfeel(m): 6:26pm On Apr 15, 2020
Empty chest beating but we rebuild a once destroyed region that can compete with regions that were never touched

Maxmilliano111:
LWKMD

Ipob pigs vs afonjas

Ipob pigs vs the almajiris

Nah only igbo waka come

Chaii truly truly nah audio chest beating be the main problem wey my Igbo brothers get

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nothing Fears The North Like Disintegration Of Nigeria by Danzysb(m): 6:30pm On Apr 15, 2020
The northern leaders are the ones destroying their people up north,they deny them Education or things needed to survive in this times.Instead of them to come up with at least strategic comments on this nairaland to help themselves up north,they will continue to support the one on sit and their leaders who keep them in darkness.
Do you know that the north accounts for more than 70% poverty rate in Nigeria, Believe it or not they are one of the major causes of Nigeria to be called the poverty capital of the World.
This is what Sanusi,the removed emir of Kano has been trying to tell you people about.
When I hear the word northern Nigeria,this comes to my mind:Poverty, Illiteracy,Terrorism, Religious Extremists.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nothing Fears The North Like Disintegration Of Nigeria by Maxmilliano111: 6:33pm On Apr 15, 2020
Deepfeel:
Empty chest beating but we rebuild a once destroyed region that can compete with regions that were never touched

lol you see another chest beating

Abeg quote other E warriors cos i no dey for all
this ethnicity catch and play wey dey sup for nairaland... Tank you
Re: Nothing Fears The North Like Disintegration Of Nigeria by collinsfhk(m): 6:35pm On Apr 15, 2020
DanArrewa:
When we gave you quit notice in the North, why was your father begging? Why didn't Igbos keep their pride intact and leave the North?
Then respond by sending our own people back

Look at this picture very well and weep for your coming generations.

Tell yourself the truth...

Igbos need Nigeria more than Nigeria need Igbos

Never you think that Niger Delta will ever join Biafra... They're agitating for their Niger Delta republic... We all know where your eyes is

You're all majority traders who depends on Nigerians to survive... That's why you're all scattered all over Nigeria Benefiting from your host communities

Look at this picture and see your fathers begging no to be evicted from the north

Chai! Quite shameful

1 Like

Re: Nothing Fears The North Like Disintegration Of Nigeria by AnanseK(m): 6:36pm On Apr 15, 2020
gidgiddy:

If ever Igbo moved back to Igbo land, how will that bring about disintegration?

The reality is that Southern Nigeria gains noting from the North, not one single thing.

You are avoiding the question.

Please answer it. Why don’t you leave the backward region and go home. It will facilitate separation.

After all they gain nothing ( or noting as you put it.)
Re: Nothing Fears The North Like Disintegration Of Nigeria by Danzysb(m): 6:37pm On Apr 15, 2020
collinsfhk:

Chai! Quite shameful

What do you mean
Re: Nothing Fears The North Like Disintegration Of Nigeria by selemempe: 6:41pm On Apr 15, 2020
Covidodo:

Should I type in your native language or what ??
I attacked him for speaking ill of the Yorubas .
Don't be daft
attack him...but don't call him Igbo when nothing suggests he is

2 Likes

Re: Nothing Fears The North Like Disintegration Of Nigeria by Deepfeel(m): 6:45pm On Apr 15, 2020
Maxmilliano111:
lol you see another chest beating

Abeg quote other E warriors cos i no dey for all
this ethnicity catch and play wey dey sup for nairaland
... Tank you

You hatful people are pathetic, you all claim Igbo land is underdeveloped , you sit in your mud houses and rubbish Igbo region,and most of you don't know the road to Igbo region, if we start showing you evidence of how our region is better than yours you call it empty chest beating , while you don't have the chest to beat on

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nothing Fears The North Like Disintegration Of Nigeria by Deepfeel(m): 6:48pm On Apr 15, 2020
AnanseK:

Please answer it. Why don’t you leave the backward region and go home. It will facilitate separation.

And why are you avoiding this question,
The time we left the north went back to our region and created our own country, why did you people unite with the west to attack us?
Afterall you gain nothing from our region

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nothing Fears The North Like Disintegration Of Nigeria by AnanseK(m): 6:49pm On Apr 15, 2020
Dtribeless:

They are doing business, you slowpoke. Westerners come to the North for business too, does that mean they don't have better homes? Business takes you everywhere, you clown. Needing to spell this out to you proves my point: low human capital in the North.

The truth is you are empty headed chest beaters , and you love to insult because you cannot reason.

If some groups are backwards and beggars who are dragging your small beautiful enclave backwards the best thing is to abandon coming to live in a backward environment.

When you leave I am sure the north will also expect their beggars and megurds back from the east.

The rest will be negotiation on how we relate as two different nations.

Remember to ensure that all your ethnic group who on a daily bases are insulting and blaming the north move out.

Arrangements can be made for visas later, there is no quarrel, just for you to get what you want.
Re: Nothing Fears The North Like Disintegration Of Nigeria by collinsfhk(m): 6:52pm On Apr 15, 2020
Danzysb:

What do you mean

I believe you saw the picture in quote. I feel ashamed seeing such picture if it truly represent the reason for which it was posted.

Nonetheless, Igbo leaders are majorly the problem of the Igbos. Their political elites are sell outs, hence master slave relationship.

Unfortunately, I don't like talking politics but our (Igbo) politicians have to drop their selfishness. It is alarming.

1 Like

Re: Nothing Fears The North Like Disintegration Of Nigeria by Danzysb(m): 6:54pm On Apr 15, 2020
AnanseK:

We moved back in the 1960's,but your same people fought to keep us back in this Nigeria.
Truth is(and I'm sure you know this truth) that even if igbos or any body leaves your north for you,it won't change the backwardness and darkness of the north,will you be able to tackle your Poverty, boko Haram,Fulani herdsmen terrorists,Lack of meaningful Education,Evil leadership, Overpopulation,almajiri shameful system and the rest? Do you think it's by telling people to leave your region that would cause any better effect.please think on this.
Please try your best to stop your northern youths to be used as mere political tools for staying in power,they deny your people Education and then make sure they keep enough illiterates to subdue and use as willing tools. Please be careful.

1 Like

Re: Nothing Fears The North Like Disintegration Of Nigeria by Danzysb(m): 6:56pm On Apr 15, 2020
collinsfhk:

I believe you saw the picture in quote. I feel ashamed seeing such picture if it truly represent the reason for which it was posted.

Nonetheless, Igbo leaders are majorly the problem of the Igbos. Their political elites are sell outs, hence master slave relationship.

Unfortunately, I don't like talking politics but our (Igbo) politicians have to drop their selfishness. It is alarming.

Very true,they can be too greedy to be a selfless and good leader.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ekiti Assembly Sacks Workers As Labour Protests / FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate / Govt Borrowings Unproductive — Peter Obi Rakes Over Nigeria’s Debt Profile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.