Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,342 members, 7,822,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? (48606 Views)

Why Do Most Breadwinner Wives Deprive Their Husbands Intimacy In Marriage? / Men, What Is Your Issue With Marrying A Lady Who Is The First Child? / Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Mariangeles(f): 1:26pm On Apr 16, 2020
LordKO:
Don't allow anyone to either guilt-trip you to continue to self-slave for him or guilt-trip you to marry him, not because he's a family breadwinner. But because behind anyone with sense of entitlement is an abuser - especially emotional and psychological abuses, and they're worse than physical abuse.

Extricate yourself from his entanglement and look elsewhere for another man, if you value your sanity - of course, purge yourself of same attribute if you possess it, now that you know how draining it could be on someone on the receiving end. Don't bother talking him out of his irritating attitude with an intention to continue with him, because he can easily take to pretence. Even if he changes (for good), let it be for the benefits of another woman who may come into his life, this is because of the following reason;

If he later becomes financial successful in the future more than you, he'll always remember more of the moments you refused to self-slave for him while forgetting the greater moments you gave in to his self-interest desires - people with entitlement mentality are like that. So, he'll continually resent you when he arrives financially.

The scenario playing out between the two of you is exactly the major type of scenario that usually results to "I was there for him/her when he had nothing but now that he's arrived, he's abandoned me." When someone utters this statement, it doesn't always mean that they weren't useful to the other person in their trying time, like most people do erroneously believe or make it seem, rather an egoist can hardly be pleased - loyalty in particular and faithfulness in general aren't their fortes. When they arrived financially, they tend to remember more of the time their benefactors refused to give in to their shenanigans while forgetting their benevolence. Egoism/self-interest (greed, selfishness and self-centeredness) is a vice.

Any close relationship between two people, or more people, where the parties involved don't mutually have altruistic interest towards each other can never produce mutual happiness and inner peace for everyone involved - in other words, anyone close to you who doesn't have altruistic interest towards you is a frenemy, and vice versa.

The only way to have a relatively harmonious relationship with someone with sense of entitlement is if s/he is more prosperous than you from the inception and continually remains the same, and provided that they value whatever bond that connects two of you while you, of course, remain conscientious.

There's nothing wrong with being humane, like you seem in the relationship, and there's nothing wrong with partners expecting goodness from each other. But there's everything wrong with his entitlement mentality - he has egoistic interest towards you.

Louder please!
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by purpinkx(m): 5:01pm On Apr 16, 2020
oyoolima:
Not everyone is destined to marry the 'Jesus' of the family.

You're just 24,why should you shackle yourself to a man who is 7 years older than you and dependent on your income to take care of his own family cheesy cheesy

The money isn't even to build a business,it's to take care of people who are significantly older than you who probably will never be independent of him.

Your mates are marrying up,you're not just marrying down but you're also carrying cross of Calvary while you're just ordinary girlfriend and then the man also feels entitled to the money grin

What does he do for you? Nothing.

When you hang out do you split bills 50/50 or is he unable to even come up.with his own portion?

Is this what you want forever?

I'm trying really hard not to laugh at you because this is beyond ridiculous.

He wants you to be supportive not just of him but of his family cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

No one should be in a parasitic relationship, whether male.or female

It shall end in premium tears.

How can I like your post twice?

Not just for the sarcastic and witty delivery, but the neat, clean text format.

4 Likes

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 16, 2020
SweetCunt97:
That's a deadbeat boyfriend right there o. Do noy give the man any shishi again! Don't tolerate what you don't like.. What rubbish is that one? What kinda lazy siblings him get? Babe yiu deserve better jor. Why can't he support you? Abi na yiu toast am?
You dey para walahi...
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by 2buffagain(m): 7:29pm On Apr 16, 2020
SweetCunt97:
I was once in this boat once upon a time, I chose to dive into the sea abandon ship... I hate stress in my life abeg. This one siblings reach 9 sef but he had a good job as a banker then sha... Salary no dey reach half of month e don finish.

Abeg parents should stop popping out many kids and stressing firstborns o.

These days, no be even first born dey carry load again like OP mentioned.
Some first borns dey part of the problem, dey reach for last born money.
No too be their fault, but one thing I have seen time and time again is that when family members see that you have money, they become complicit with the knowledge that you will always help them when they come calling.

You have to shock them with "No" sometimes.
Some family members even just refuse to find work or match their expenses when they see that you are their cash cow.

4 Likes

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by bukatyne(f): 7:35pm On Apr 16, 2020
cococandy:

For sure. A one time or few times financial boost is not an issue (at least to me). But the continuous dependence and more so not on his money is what’s worrying.

Some families pick someone as the martyr or beast of burden and evidently ruin their lives.

I know someone who was like the best of burden for her family till her siblings invited her to buy land in an out skirt area and she realized she was a fool for years.

The OP's boyfriend / ex is supposed to break the chains of his family else, he has just started.
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by bukatyne(f): 7:41pm On Apr 16, 2020
Mariangeles:

1. How is she his "woman"?
Has he married her?

2.Investing your resources in uncertainties is not a wise thing to do

1. If this man came her to ask how to spoil his woman (OP) on her 25th birthday, would you tell him that they are not married?

2. Hmmmmmm.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by adexpa(m): 7:55pm On Apr 16, 2020
SweetCunt97:
I was once in this boat once upon a time, I chose to dive into the sea abandon ship... I hate stress in my life abeg. This one siblings reach 9 sef but he had a good job as a banker then sha... Salary no dey reach half of month e don finish.

It is foolishness n lack of information that makes a young guy believes his family has entitlement right to depend on him n if such person is not serious he will never amount to anything in life cus by the time that job he is living on is gone n he doesn't have any savings to fall back on, those families will still blame him that he never done anything for them the time he has or he never done enough for them. Until you are fully stable, you are not encourage to shoulder anyones responsibility
....that thing kills young Africans.... Feeding their families... Lazy people

Dear fine girl, run for your life cus the marriage will be hell fire for you... Don't think it will be better.

3 Likes

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Mariangeles(f): 8:01pm On Apr 16, 2020
bukatyne:

1. If this man came her to ask how to spoil his woman (OP) on her 25th birthday, would you tell him that they are not married?

2. Hmmmmmm.

Would the OP celebrate her BOYFRIEND on his birthday?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Themarkethere: 8:04pm On Apr 16, 2020
VivleBriella you are not talking again. You where thinking you would be advised on how to cope with marrying a breadwinner not knowing you are the actual bread winner.

They are telling you now, you will not hear? You have even concluded how your names will be on wedding card, "VivleBriella". With which money will he marry you with? The one you will borrow him?

Now that all odds are still in your favour don't make a U-turn while the sun shines. You have wasted three youthful years already, you still want to try thirty more? Poverty your parents didn't bequeat you, you want to go and inherit outside? suffer never tire you?

11 Likes

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by AFONAMARO: 8:30pm On Apr 16, 2020
VivleBriella:
Good day everyone
I've been a guest for a couple of years now, created an account to seek advice

My dear nairalanders, does it always end well marrying the Breadwinner of a family? He's the last born with 4 elder siblings but they all depend on him, yes, I knew he was the Breadwinner from day one but I thought with time, everyone else will be able to stand on their own, but it hasn't happened yet, we've dated for 3yrs now and he doesn't support me financially, I don't complain but he feels entitled to my money and when I get tired of him always asking me to lend him some money and decide to say no, he nags and tells me I'm not being supportive enough, this is driving me really crazy cause he reminded me of how unsupportive I've been to him and his family, he's driving me insane, you can't possibly put the responsibility of your family on my shoulders, that's crazy and insensitive, over the years, I've borrowed him nothing less than 500k which I know for sure he's never giving back, is it normal to be in a parasitic relationship whereby the female remains the host that's being fed on?

I'm only 24 while he's 31.

You need to quit this relationship ASAP. Your man is already pushing his family's responsibility as well as his to you, and this is a very bad sign. No responsible man with good intentions nags his girlfriend (not wife) for not assisting his family.

You may also need to decline any further monetary assistance from him to ascertain if he's in love with your or your money.

If he wants to die carrying a load that's obviously bigger than him, then he should carry it alone and keep you away from it

1 Like

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by VivleBriella: 8:47pm On Apr 16, 2020
LordKO
Oyoolima
Bukatyne
Adexpa
Themarkethere
Afonamaro
Sweetcunt97
Paxie55
Frozen70
Inyayiz
Jaymoon
Thanks for the contributions everyone
I didn't go mute, I just didn't think replying everyone individually's the right way..

I've decided to let him go, it's not like he hasn't done anything for me since we started dating, he used to buy me things when we initially started(first 2 months) but I usually insist on footing the bills, cause I didn't want him to see me as a leech, guess he got used to me footing the bills and left me to myself, he's extravagant to some extent, give him 100k today and in two days, he doesn't have a dime on him anymore, usually can't stand seeing him broke, hence, always giving in to his demands but I've had enough cause he already told me point blank he can't marry me during an argument, cause I'm not supportive and submissive..

And to the bloke who thought vivlebriella's for wedding cards, no, it's not, it's just some random nick I thought bout to open an account with but thanks for your contribution, it's appreciated.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by 2buffagain(m): 7:46pm On Apr 17, 2020
VivleBriella:
LordKO
Oyoolima
Bukatyne
Adexpa
Themarkethere
Afonamaro
Sweetcunt97
Paxie55
Frozen70
Inyayiz
Jaymoon
Thanks for the contributions everyone
I didn't go mute, I just didn't think replying everyone individually's the right way..

I've decided to let him go, it's not like he hasn't done anything for me since we started dating, he used to buy me things when we initially started(first 2 months) but I usually insist on footing the bills, cause I didn't want him to see me as a leech, guess he got used to me footing the bills and left me to myself, he's extravagant to some extent, give him 100k today and in two days, he doesn't have a dime on him anymore, usually can't stand seeing him broke, hence, always giving in to his demands but I've had enough cause he already told me point blank he can't marry me during an argument, cause I'm not supportive and submissive..

And to the bloke who thought vivlebriella's for wedding cards, no, it's not, it's just some random nick I thought bout to open an account with but thanks for your contribution, it's appreciated.

Solid decision!

2 Likes

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by frankkydee(m): 8:08pm On Apr 17, 2020
VivleBriella:
Good day everyone
I've been a guest for a couple of years now, created an account to seek advice

My dear nairalanders, does it always end well marrying the Breadwinner of a family? He's the last born with 4 elder siblings but they all depend on him, yes, I knew he was the Breadwinner from day one but I thought with time, everyone else will be able to stand on their own, but it hasn't happened yet, we've dated for 3yrs now and he doesn't support me financially, I don't complain but he feels entitled to my money and when I get tired of him always asking me to lend him some money and decide to say no, he nags and tells me I'm not being supportive enough, this is driving me really crazy cause he reminded me of how unsupportive I've been to him and his family, he's driving me insane, you can't possibly put the responsibility of your family on my shoulders, that's crazy and insensitive, over the years, I've borrowed him nothing less than 500k which I know for sure he's never giving back, is it normal to be in a parasitic relationship whereby the female remains the host that's being fed on?

I'm only 24 while he's 31.

In as much as being supportive to your partner, it shouldn't be at the detriment of their sanity and well-being. The write up applies to both gender and i think the best thing to do in this kind of situation is to call his or her attention and take heart to heart with the partner but if he/she feels there is nothing bad in being a leech then, you sure know you done for. You can't carry someone else's problem and leave your own behind. We all have one or two things we are aiming in life. Don't allow anyone to take advantage of your generosity for foolishness.
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by ImaIma1(f): 10:14pm On Apr 17, 2020
SweetCunt97:

This one is even lastborn
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by ImaIma1(f): 10:18pm On Apr 17, 2020
Saintmary:

OMG!!!!
At 24, already feeding a man and his entire family

She is the breadwinner
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by ImaIma1(f): 10:26pm On Apr 17, 2020
mrblessed:
There is always a contrived fuss when a man is at the receiving end, but if it is a woman, it suddenly becomes the man's obligation. You have got two problems: a man who is the breadwinner of his family and his seemingly endless borrowing disposition.

My instinct tells me that, you resent his family's financial standing and, of course, will latch on any spurious reason to bolt. More so, the bleating of bimbos of Nairaland are united -- as always -- in an overwhelming demand for termination of the relationship. Be my guest!

No matter how you try to twist the grammar, the truth remains that she is carrying more than what she should.

Is it only the man that has a family?Why can't he be upfront with them and tell them he doesn't have the funds?

Instead, he is borrowing from his girlfriend to put up a front and act like he has at her own expense. Even making her feel like she's not doing enough...feeling entitled to her money.

5 Likes

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Saintmary(f): 7:59am On Apr 18, 2020
ImaIma1:

She is the breadwinner

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by crackkhaus: 9:09am On Apr 18, 2020
VivleBriella:

SweetCunt97 says no one is perfect, and since he did not put a gun to your head before you gave him money, then you should have given him a chance and try to salvage your relationship.

I'm just telling you what someone else said, it's not my opinion.

I like that you left the opportunist. No one should ever remain with a partner who drains their finances or feels entitled to their money, male or female... cool

6 Likes

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by SweetCunt97(f): 9:32am On Apr 18, 2020
crackkhaus:

Sweett97 says no one is perfect, and since he did not put a gun to your head before you gave him money, then you should have given him a chance and try to salvage your relationship.

I'm just telling you what someone else said, it's not my opinion.

I like that you left the opportunist. No one should ever remain with a partner who drains their finances or feels entitled to their money, male or female... cool
It's fir the best. That type will whine and whine and emotionally blackmail you into giving him money. He should go get creative like his fellow mate and not get comfy on a woman's sweat.

3 Likes

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by crackkhaus: 9:38am On Apr 18, 2020
SweetCunt97:
It's fir the best. That type will whine and whine and emotionally blackmail you into giving him money. He should go get creative like his fellow mate and not get comfy on a woman's sweat.
I agree.

But you should have said the same thing here

https://www.nairaland.com/5800075/need-advice-no-insults-please#88558030

3 Likes

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by SweetCunt97(f): 9:43am On Apr 18, 2020
crackkhaus:

I agree.

But you should have said the same thing here

https://www.nairaland.com/5800075/need-advice-no-insults-please#88558030
Reverse is the case. Right from time immemorial women spend men's money and the man should b a man and know how to handle the situation. Her crime is being extravagant but this male in question has older sibling leeching off him and him leeching off the op.

1 Like

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by crackkhaus: 9:49am On Apr 18, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Reverse is the case. Right from time immemorial women spend men's money and the man should b a man and know how to handle the situation. Her crime is being extravagant but this male in question has older sibling leeching off him and him leeching off the op.
There..

That's all I came to expose here - the Nigerian woman's psyche.

Thanks for being a good sport.
Cheers...

8 Likes

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by SweetCunt97(f): 10:38am On Apr 18, 2020
crackkhaus:

There..

Cheers...
It is what it is. You may wanna deny it but it is what it is. As u expose Nigerian reality your account increase? Or you got into Harvard or Yale? Puhleeeses

2 Likes

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by veave(f): 10:51am On Apr 18, 2020
I wanted to advise you but I have a feeling you'd not take any of the good advises giving to you up there so bye. Enjoy your relationship.
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by crackkhaus: 11:07am On Apr 18, 2020
SweetCunt97:
It is what it is. You may wanna deny it but it is what it is. As u expose Nigerian reality your account increase? Or you got into Harvard or Yale? Puhleeeses
Deny it? Lmao.. Far from it.

Getting you to expose your psyche which is in fact the psyche of a lot of you, was simply to let the readers know that women like you who still complain of being taken for granted and subjugated by men, should NEVER be taken seriously because you deserve it.

You can't decide to remain perpetually on the receiving end of a man's finances because he is a man and you're a woman, and still expect to be respected as a human being or treated as more than property.

Na una dey do una self... cheesy

14 Likes

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 18, 2020
crackkhaus:

There..

Cheers...

So u actually believe women sit down to enjoy their men's money?
Hian!

1 Like

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by crackkhaus: 3:16pm On Apr 18, 2020
sassysure:

So u actually believe women sit down to enjoy their men's money?
Hian!
Not sit down literally, but you should know what I mean.

It's an unarguable expectation by women that a man is meant to take care of them financially.
Whether you're sitting down doing absolutely nothing or working hard but still expecting to enjoy his own money, is all besides the point.

You can see how I made that chic above admit it - I did that because of the nonsense she quoted me to post on that link. It was much like this same situation but in reverse and you can see how her reaction to both is totally opposite to each other.

5 Likes

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 18, 2020
crackkhaus:

Not sit down literally, but you should know what I mean.

It's an unarguable expectation by women that a man is meant to take care of them financially.
Whether you're sitting down doing absolutely nothing or working hard but still expecting to enjoy his own money, is all besides the point.

You can see how I made that chic above admit it - I did that because of the nonsense she quoted me to post on that link. It was much like this same situation but in reverse and you can see how her reaction to both is totally opposite to each other.
Don't take these people serious cheesy
Haba cheesy cheesy

The gal may be 14yrs old with phone forming big babe.

That's the only way I don't burst when I read some posts here.
If u see the pictures and age of these people, u rather respect yourself. Some are yet to write weac cheesy.

4 Likes

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by crackkhaus: 3:34pm On Apr 18, 2020
sassysure:

Don't take these people serious cheesy
Haba cheesy cheesy

The gal may be 14yrs old with phone forming big babe.

That's the only way I don't burst when I read some posts here.
If u see the pictures and age of these people, u rather respect yourself. Some are yet to write weac cheesy.

Audio big babe cheesy
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by SweetCunt97(f): 3:57pm On Apr 18, 2020
crackkhaus:

Deny it? Lmao.. Far from it.

Getting you to expose your psyche which is in fact the psyche of a lot of you, was simply to let the readers know that women like you who still complain of being taken for granted and subjugated by men, should NEVER be taken seriously because you deserve it.

You can't decide to remain perpetually on the receiving end of a man's finances because he is a man and you're a woman, and still expect to be respected as a human being or treated as more than property.

Na una dey do una self... cheesy
So when God gave man his Gender and social role he gave man pass to treat women less? Why is it about money this money that? Men got what they contribute while women too. Both need each other to survive.. That women are not d money makers and family head does not mean they not important and don't contribute their quota to d system. Anyways I won't argue with u anymore...

3 Likes

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by crackkhaus: 4:26pm On Apr 18, 2020
SweetCunt97:
So when God gave man his Gender and social role he gave man pass to treat women less? Why is it about money this money that? Men got what they contribute while women too. Both need each other to survive.. That women are not d money makers and family head does not mean they not important and don't contribute their quota to d system. Anyways I won't argue with u anymore...
Money makes the world go round...

He who pays the piper dictates the tune...

Etc. Etc..

I thought you were all about the reality of things? Now you're talking about God.
When was the last time you opened a Bible? Abeg rest... cheesy

12 Likes

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by 2buffagain(m): 4:35pm On Apr 18, 2020
SweetCunt97:

These days women too are making money. What are you doing?
I personally don't consider broke girls who are looking for men to support them.

Barring special occasions in life i.e childbirth, I would rather she go make bank and keep her brain sharp.
We can pay for maid and cook when we want to relax from domestic chores.
Also, I like nice gifts too. It's not meant to be one-way.
Power couple 4 life.
It is what it is.

Your gender mates are planning to be doctors, engineers, lawyers, and successful business people.

Yet you are there planning to be an utter Loser and dependent failure. undecided
Go there and get some inspiration for your life https://www.pinterest.ca/theroot/black-female-ceos/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Ajibola And Adeboye Taiwo And Their Sextuplets (Photos) / 20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. / Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.