Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? (48597 Views)

Why Do Most Breadwinner Wives Deprive Their Husbands Intimacy In Marriage? / Men, What Is Your Issue With Marrying A Lady Who Is The First Child? / Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by SweetCunt97(f): 11:53pm On Apr 18, 2020
Macktaob:

You tripped... sadly angry
Tripped on NL Street.. Spare me
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by hennylove(f): 11:54pm On Apr 18, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Women are just confuse abeg, una nor know watin una want.

So if I say a woman's duty is in the kitchen and the other room, u will be cool with that?
a woman is suppose to be a homemaker first even if she is working she has to find a balance and I say yes the main duty of the woman is kitchen and other room. Any woman that does not meet up with such will be pushing her man away

1 Like

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by idahme(m): 11:56pm On Apr 18, 2020
What has happened to the phrase 'what a man can do a woman can do it more better'this is what men gas been doing to the babes and in-laws since the world started, the women will only shout 'what a man can do' if I hear that phrase from a lady again! I go vex for the person.
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Briller: 12:01am On Apr 19, 2020
Chai, my sister Run, Rruunn, Rrruuunnn, Rrrruuuunnnn!

You are getting into fire and I can tell you from experience that you will be hurt at the end of the day. Believe me, it never ends well. I posted a similar topic on nairaland last year

https://www.nairaland.com/4943466/need-advise-best-way-handle#74506346

An apple doesn't fall far from its tree.

2 Likes

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by EmekaBlue(m): 12:03am On Apr 19, 2020
issa lie

u just form this story

who dash u money over 500k kee u dia
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Nairalandmonika: 12:05am On Apr 19, 2020
hennylove:
a woman is suppose to be a homemaker first even if she is working she has to find a balance and I say yes the main duty of the woman is kitchen and other room. Any woman that does not meet up with such will be pushing her man away
So a man cannot be home maker as well, u see why Nigeria men will not respect and regard you, u put yourself in that position that u are. Wether u are dutiful in the kitchen and the other room you man will still cheat on you and useless u.
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Cowbell521: 12:05am On Apr 19, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Guy kindly grow up and fvck yourself. If true, so freaking what? Long mouthed childish motherfvcka.... Attention seeking animal. Psycho. Ebele this Ebele thst. It's obvious you into this your friend's Ebele, you probably tried your shot and she did not agree and you here fooling yourself... Blaady foool
Wetin dey to dey into? Abegi..... I no dey do ya type...no vex Shift comot
You don chop Wale moni finish you con go slip wit Chidi......abi? No worri

1 Like

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by akaahs(m): 12:06am On Apr 19, 2020
cococandy:
There’s nothing wrong in marrying someone who’s struggling with the intention of being independent and genuinely working to be independent. I always say no one can provide for you like you can provide for yourself. Few man can provide for you 100% and it’s the same with women.

So why are you letting him make you feel like you’re doing something wrong for not wanting to carry his family burden?

The main problem I’m seeing here is not that he borrows money from you. It’s that he’s borrowing it to support other people. That shows poor management on his part.
U actually spot the main issue in her story. The man need to draw the line between his family needs and his need and that of his girlfriend.
I wonder why he feels with out him, they won't exist or feed, the truth if he dies today, their lives ll surely continue.

1 Like

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by IYANGBALI: 12:06am On Apr 19, 2020
hennylove:
there is nothing like the 21st century. There's a role assigned to each gender and each gender should do his responsibility accordingly and as I said anything you do aside your role should be extra and not entitlement. So are you okay with the fact that this OP is automatically the bread winner even before marriage. Mind you am married over 10yrs and working as well and contribute financially for the well being of my family. But I cannot advise my younger sister to marry such a man. Thanks
really?who assigned those roles? You want to rub shoulders with men, see yourselves being equal, treated with respect, want to be on top during lsex, but you want to shy away from sharing financial burden. Real girls no longer reason that way except stingy and selfish ones like you. Wake up from your slumber and face reality, this is 21st century and not the days of Adam and Eve

Dominique will never reason the way you do, that I know for sure
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by SweetCunt97(f): 12:12am On Apr 19, 2020
Cowbell521:
Wetin dey to dey into? Abegi..... I no dey do ya type...no vex Shift comot
You don chop Wale moni finish you con go slip wit Chidi......abi? No worri
Lol.. Crazy dude, you probably out of cocaine to snif ryt? Crazy
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Cowbell521: 12:16am On Apr 19, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Lol.. Crazy dude, you probably out of cocaine to snif ryt? Crazy
I hia sey Chidi na tof guy....he fit be cocaine carry ur pusi go giv am in the first place

I don tell Wale make in liv U, he no hia

Sheybi na the same Area 1 all of us gada dey.... No wori... I go show
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by SweetCunt97(f): 12:16am On Apr 19, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

So a man cannot be home maker as well, u see why Nigeria men will not respect and regard you, u put yourself in that position that u are. Wether u are dutiful in the kitchen and the other room you man will still cheat on you and useless u.
If she earns more, then the man ought to be the house husband, take care of the kids, cook, deal with the chores... Be d home maker while d woman becomes the provider.

1 Like

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by SweetCunt97(f): 12:17am On Apr 19, 2020
Cowbell521:
I hia sey Chidi na tof guy....he fit be cocaine carry ur pusi go giv am in the first place

I don tell Wale make in liv U, he no hia
It's obvious you simply crave my attention... Pls swerve... Chidi ko dichi ni. Mtcheeew
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Cowbell521: 12:19am On Apr 19, 2020
SweetCunt97:
It's obvious you simply crave my attention... Pls swerve... Chidi ko dichi ni. Mtcheeew
Ur engine Oil don finish? Wetin dey to crave for Flat breast cocaine snifa? Meshionu jare
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Cowbell521: 12:21am On Apr 19, 2020
SweetCunt97:
If she earns more, then the man ought to be the house husband, take care of the kids, cook, deal with the chores... Be d home maker while d woman becomes the provider.
Wale don Bleep sense comot...Chidi don dry ya engine oil

Make lockdown finish na...dis Abuja... I go show u say Wale better pass Chidi wey U Cari pussy go give
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Nairalandmonika: 12:23am On Apr 19, 2020
SweetCunt97:
I see why they keep insulting niaraland girls, girls here are not intelligent at all.
Who's talking about earning more?
If she earn more or less doesn't matter, a man n his wife make the home. The chores and taking care of the children is the responsibility of both of them regardless of who is working or who is earning more.

What is wrong with u guys for crying out loud, must one person be the house wife or house husband, your mentally is really poor abeg.

2 Likes

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by CBTrample: 12:26am On Apr 19, 2020
VivleBriella:
Good day everyone

I've been a guest for a couple of years now, created an account to seek advice

My dear nairalanders, does it always end well marrying the Breadwinner of a family? He's the last born with 4 elder siblings but they all depend on him.

Yes, I knew he was the Breadwinner from day one but I thought with time, everyone else will be able to stand on their own, but it hasn't happened yet, we've dated for 3yrs now and he doesn't support me financially. I don't complain but he feels entitled to my money and when I get tired of him always asking me to lend him some money and decide to say no, he nags and tells me I'm not being supportive enough.

This is driving me really crazy cause he reminded me of how unsupportive I've been to him and his family, he's driving me insane, you can't possibly put the responsibility of your family on my shoulders, that's crazy and insensitive, over the years, I've borrowed him nothing less than 500k which I know for sure he's never giving back.

Is it normal to be in a parasitic relationship whereby the female remains the host that's being fed on?

I'm only 24 while he's 31.
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by SweetCunt97(f): 12:28am On Apr 19, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

I see why they keep insulting niaraland girls, girls here are not intelligent at all.
Who's talking about earning more?
If she earn more or less doesn't matter, a man n his wife make the home. The chores and taking care of the children is the responsibility of both of them regardless of who is working or who is earning more.

What is wrong with u guys for crying out loud, must one person be the house wife or house husband, your mentally is really poor abeg.
Well, to ease the burden and pressure on the woman knowing she ain't built to carry the family on her shoulders. That's why they have to work together. Anyways I saw something like that in a movie and it looked cool. Being a stay at home dad won't emasculate you.

1 Like

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by SweetCunt97(f): 12:29am On Apr 19, 2020
Cowbell521:
Wale don Bleep sense comot...Chidi don dry ya engine oil

Make lockdown finish na...dis Abuja... I go show u say Wale better pass Chidi wey U Cari pussy go give
This one is crazy like this o.
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by SweetCunt97(f): 12:30am On Apr 19, 2020
Cowbell521:
Ur engine Oil don finish? Wetin dey to crave for Flat breast cocaine snifa? Meshionu jare
OH I'm a cocaine sniffer? OK. Yawns abeg ur mates done sleep. Abuja gold digger.

1 Like

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Nobody: 12:30am On Apr 19, 2020
VivleBriella:
Good day everyone

I've been a guest for a couple of years now, created an account to seek advice

My dear nairalanders, does it always end well marrying the Breadwinner of a family? He's the last born with 4 elder siblings but they all depend on him.

Yes, I knew he was the Breadwinner from day one but I thought with time, everyone else will be able to stand on their own, but it hasn't happened yet, we've dated for 3yrs now and he doesn't support me financially. I don't complain but he feels entitled to my money and when I get tired of him always asking me to lend him some money and decide to say no, he nags and tells me I'm not being supportive enough.

This is driving me really crazy cause he reminded me of how unsupportive I've been to him and his family, he's driving me insane, you can't possibly put the responsibility of your family on my shoulders, that's crazy and insensitive, over the years, I've borrowed him nothing less than 500k which I know for sure he's never giving back.

Is it normal to be in a parasitic relationship whereby the female remains the host that's being fed on?

I'm only 24 while he's 31.
Sisi mi, you're too young to get entangled in such wahala. Abeg leave that situation ship before he drain your life finish. Age is never a meter rule to measure maturity.
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Cowbell521: 12:33am On Apr 19, 2020
SweetCunt97:
OH I'm a cocaine sniffer? OK. Yawns abeg ur mates done sleep. Abuja gold digger.
Abuja Wetin? Who be ur Papa for Abuja? Tell me.... You be monkey.... No make me disgrace U for this place....eehn Ebele
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Nobody: 12:33am On Apr 19, 2020
Harllaby:
Honestly, the man is only being truthful to himself by asking his partner for money. So because you borrowed him 500k you feel like you can rub it on his face. The guy was never at fault from what you wrote instead you are the one that refuses to voice out your feelings by assuming he should know what you want.

Tell him how you feel and if he isn't what you want in a man, then go look for your type.
Here's the mindset of over 50% of make Nlders, tomorrow they'll be venting like steam engine. As if 500thousand naira na 500 naira. undecided
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by lacade(m): 12:34am On Apr 19, 2020
My honest opinion is that he loves his family more than you and it won't change. You have no place in his life other than someone who must ease his financial, sexual, kitchen and domestic need.

You better run now and forget whatever you have given him, it's called optimal stopping. There's no better time, he's trying to pity his siblings and he will kill himself doing that.

1 Like

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by SweetCunt97(f): 12:35am On Apr 19, 2020
Cowbell521:
Abuja Wetin? Who be ur Papa for Abuja? Tell me.... You be monkey.... No make me disgrace U for this place....eehn Ebele
Who your own papa be huh? You lucky I'm simply on NL for the Cruise and nothing personal. You for chop sand.
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by hennylove(f): 12:35am On Apr 19, 2020
akaahs:

U actually spot the main issue in her story. The man need to draw the line between his family needs and his need and that of his girlfriend.
I wonder why he feels with out him, they exist or feed, the truth if he dies today, their lives ll surely continue.
IYANGBALI:
really?who assigned those roles? You want to rub shoulders with men, see yourselves being equal, treated with respect, want to be on top during lsex, but you want to shy away from sharing financial burden. Real girls no longer reason that way except stingy and selfish ones like you. Wake up from your slumber and face reality, this is 21st century and not the days of Adam and Eve

Dominique will never reason the way you do, that I know for sure
why the insults. Have you read where I said I am married, working and contributing financially to my family well being
I have paid fees, rent and other things so whats the stiginess about. Hope you know a lot of women are doing wonderfully to support their husband but want to shy away from the truth except if you are the type of man in question. So are you saying men no longer know their responsibility again? You are getting aggressive and childish and I have seen that you have a mindset already, so I rest my case. Wil not reply you again.

1 Like

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by lacade(m): 12:37am On Apr 19, 2020
Harllaby:
Honestly, the man is only being truthful to himself by asking his partner for money. So because you borrowed him 500k you feel like you can rub it on his face. The guy was never at fault from what you wrote instead you are the one that refuses to voice out your feelings by assuming he should know what you want.

Tell him how you feel and if he isn't what you want in a man, then go look for your type.

You're like the men described, is the N500k for investment or to spend on your family? Why rob Peter to pay Paul? Why trying to live like a big man on some other person's sweat? That's falsehood.

2 Likes

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Cowbell521: 12:42am On Apr 19, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Who your own papa be huh? You lucky I'm simply on NL for the Cruise and nothing personal. You for chop sand.
If den bon u well make you come any wie I dey for Abj.... see dis small gel....

If you no enta barracks, call bastard! Who U be?

Ur papa and mama na wetin for Abuja? Chop sand? Dis gel go put herself for trouble Oo
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Cowbell521: 12:45am On Apr 19, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Na wen mouth put U for kasala una go dey beg..see dis one
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by HKGODSWILL(m): 12:47am On Apr 19, 2020
Don't be rational.
You seeking advice on nairaland means that
you don't want to take a decision you will regret sooner or later, it's very good and it means that you are not rational.

First, in a relashionship a partner most always reveal how he or she feel avery time again and again, so tell him your thought both the negative and positive feelings you get from the situation and how you think he should be handling his families needs, give him ideals to manage the situation.
If he buys it good for both of you if doesn't
you can take your final decision of culting the relationship for you life, feelings, futures sake.
Good luck....

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Judge Finds Out His Children Aren't His After 51 Years Of Marriage (video) / 20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. / Ajibola And Adeboye Taiwo And Their Sextuplets (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.