Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,445 members, 7,850,560 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:16 AM

Nigeria Gets Debt Relief From China, G-20 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Gets Debt Relief From China, G-20 (44680 Views)

Tinubu Arrives India For G-20 Summit / IMF Excludes Nigeria From Debt Relief / Did IMF Exclude Nigeria From 25 Nations Granted Debt Relief? (Fact Check) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Gets Debt Relief From China, G-20 by Cousin9999: 11:47pm On Apr 17, 2020
vioment:

Am I not almost always awake because we don't have electricity. We can't store food for days especially perishables.

We are backwards in many things.

If countries or continents were a life character; the great countries will have respect for itself(it's people), be intelligent to solve their problems somehow, will be organized in their actions, etc

Am not even ready to waste typing space for what a useless always begging Africa will do.

Thank the west for supporting stooge governments who create chaos, so the west can continue looting Africa.

Don't repeat the racist rhetoric, propaganda, and lies of white demons. Use that energy to hold leaders accountable -- even if that means using force. Use that energy to do something, anything, to improve the country. There are countless stories that reveal the power of one person to effect substantial change in Africa.
Re: Nigeria Gets Debt Relief From China, G-20 by pacespot(m): 11:56pm On Apr 17, 2020
The way international community is spoonfeeding African countries in every thing makes you wonder why the racial sentiment wouldn't be there.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Gets Debt Relief From China, G-20 by Yaismayaila(m): 11:59pm On Apr 17, 2020
Let the money come. The next thing you'll hear is CBN catch fire.
Re: Nigeria Gets Debt Relief From China, G-20 by MagnumDealzNG: 1:00am On Apr 18, 2020
money when dem bn don spend already. Please dont give them any money again oh
Re: Nigeria Gets Debt Relief From China, G-20 by vioment: 2:16am On Apr 18, 2020
Cousin9999:

Thank the west for supporting stooge governments who create chaos, so the west can continue looting Africa.

Don't repeat the racist rhetoric, propaganda, and lies of white demons. Use that energy to hold leaders accountable -- even if that means using force. Use that energy to do something, anything, to improve the country. There are countless stories that reveal the power of one person to effect substantial change in Africa.

That's nice. But someone that needs change should also want to change. We have to begin with our current truth. As of April 2020, since 1975, Nigeria has been useless since then, we have regressed in everything regarding planned progressive and visionary development. Let I save typing space.

Last word for now, We need mental growth or just societal maturity. The willingness to sacrifice for growth.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Gets Debt Relief From China, G-20 by Sllimkube: 2:17am On Apr 18, 2020
rusher14:
Shouldn't you be happy your country got debt relief?

You hate the government more than you love yourself.

What a tragedy.

Note that it is debt relief not debt forgiveness ooooo. We will still pay back someday,they are just giving us moratorium

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Gets Debt Relief From China, G-20 by elampiro(m): 2:24am On Apr 18, 2020
ignis:
No matter the debt relief granted Nigeria, we can never be debt free under this current government.

The more the debt relief comes, the greater the borrowing capacity and tendency to borrow more and use it for frivolous irrelevant looting projects.

Still better than the previous govt that was shouting Nigerians should be ready for hardship when oil price was $79.

Re: Nigeria Gets Debt Relief From China, G-20 by GloriaNinja(f): 3:38am On Apr 18, 2020
NwaNimo1:
Nigeria.......a poor country.

Take....

[img]https://media./images/dc7c0f12b9cb6f6577e1d6ea9a8a4180/tenor.gif[/img]
please sir, I will appreciate any help you can render to me this period.. Even if it's 1k. I will deeply appreciate. May God bless you ..acct num 0097851612, Access/Diamond bank
Re: Nigeria Gets Debt Relief From China, G-20 by 2016v2017: 4:55am On Apr 18, 2020
ignis:
No matter the debt relief granted Nigeria, we can never be debt free under this current government.

The more the debt relief comes, the greater the borrowing capacity and tendency to borrow more and use it for frivolous irrelevant looting projects.
Re: Nigeria Gets Debt Relief From China, G-20 by ddeola: 5:08am On Apr 18, 2020
Nigeria is NOT a poor country, we only have poverty of leadership. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigeria Gets Debt Relief From China, G-20 by tete7000(m): 6:12am On Apr 18, 2020
Buhari don get more money to chop under the guise of fighting kwaraption.
Re: Nigeria Gets Debt Relief From China, G-20 by leonard509(m): 6:20am On Apr 18, 2020
KmniAutos:

I tell you that the 1999 constitution is a debilitating disease...
That shall certainly kill more people than any virus ever could!
Destroy that constitution and save the nations of this country already...
Or retain it and allow us to slug it out to death...

i feel for our nation.. please can you point me to the those part of the constitution that you referring to? I'm writing a book. For further discuss(which I'll like to have) please quote me with your whatsapp number so we can talk.
Re: Nigeria Gets Debt Relief From China, G-20 by mattfeuter(m): 7:42am On Apr 18, 2020
rusher14:

What a tragedy.

What’s there to be happy about ? Do you think it’ll be of any benefit to the average Nigerian?
Re: Nigeria Gets Debt Relief From China, G-20 by nwaogwugwuv: 8:43am On Apr 18, 2020
KmniAutos:
In the Throes of National Hunger...

Pre lock-down...
There were 110m very poor people in Nigeria...
They exist on a subsistence level...
Scrounging for their daily bread on a day to day basis...
Feeding off the crumbs of others slightly well off...

Getting paid for washing vehicles, throwing out trash, securing parked vehicles, selling little odds and ends, collecting money from bus parks, begging the rest of the way...

That was how they lived...
Abandoned by the government...
Cheated by their own country...
Living off whatever they could lay their hands upon...

Then you have all locked down...
Alongside their sources of minimal incomes...
They complied and hoped the governments were wise sort off...
But weeks after lock-down...
The well-to-do are feeling the financial pinch...
While the poor stare starkly at a non-existent future...
Hunger beckons...
So does death via starvation...

The survival instincts set in...
They must survive one way or the other...
So they breach the lock-down policy...
And flood the streets searching for what to eat...
But the well-to-do wouldn't come out still...
For they have what to live for...
And fear for their very lives...

So the poor band and move in packs...
Armed with clubs, matchetes and firearms..
And raid all and sundry just to get a meal...
From Agege to Ikeja is the same story...
People whom hitherto were not criminals...
Go raiding homes for food and whatever else they could sell!

The governments at the states and federal levels...
Ever too intellectually incapacitated to solve problems...
Give platitudes full of nothing...
That would do nothing to assuage the pangs of hunger at the very core of the poor...

So that the Coronavirus that is hardly prevalent in Nigeria should be contained...
A bigger problem has been created...
If the structure has allowed citizens to progress as they would want...
We wouldn't have so many unprotected people whose only desire is to have a meal...

I tell you that the 1999 constitution is a debilitating disease...
That shall certainly kill more people than any virus ever could!
Destroy that constitution and save the nations of this country already...
Or retain it and allow us to slug it out to death...

My heart goes to the victims of the armed robberies pervading the land now...
But the enemy are not those hungry robbers but the Nigerian State!
Destroy that evil constitution today and allow us some peace...
Or retain it and be certain of the Death of Nigeria!

#thinkAgain as there is still a little window...
Or allow the window to close and the country to break!

Peace be unto you all.
Re: Nigeria Gets Debt Relief From China, G-20 by Nobody: 8:43am On Apr 18, 2020
Sllimkube:

Note that it is debt relief not debt forgiveness ooooo. We will still pay back someday,they are just giving us moratorium

Thank you. I was thinking I was the only one that noticed it. It is just a moratorium(just a relaxation of the timeline for payment of the debts) so that we can concentrate resources towards fighting the COVID-19 pandemic.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Gets Debt Relief From China, G-20 by SaintLucia: 8:44am On Apr 18, 2020
AUSVINS:
Isn't it ironic that they are paying with naira?
They are confused and want the same government they so much hate with passion to give them money.
Re: Nigeria Gets Debt Relief From China, G-20 by Ade3131: 10:01am On Apr 18, 2020
rusher14:

What a tragedy.

You mean you see reason to be happy amidst all of these? Let's start with analysing your reason to be happy.

1. Is it that you can point at what the funds was used for?
2. Are you a beneficiary of the said fund or have you known any commoner who benefited from it?
3. Do you have audit report of how the funds was spent to ascertain that the money wasn't borrowed in our name to enrich some very few?
4. Do you know that with the relief, the current govt. will have access to borrow more and bulk of those borrowings will be used to pay the salaries of the first liners (i.e those in government)
5. I really wanna see your reason plz...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Gets Debt Relief From China, G-20 by rusher14: 10:34am On Apr 18, 2020
Ade3131:

You mean you see reason to be happy amidst all of these? Let's start with analysing your reason to be happy.

1. Is it that you can point at what the funds was used for?
2. Are you a beneficiary of the said fund or have you known any commoner who benefited from it?
3. Do you have audit report of how the funds was spent to ascertain that the money wasn't borrowed in our name to enrich some very few?
4 . Do you know that with the relief, the current govt. will have access to borrow more and bulk of those borrowings will be used to pay the salaries of the first liners (i.e those in government)
5. I really wanna see your reason plz...

I asked someone to provide a list of projects to which loans have been issued in the last 5 years and provide their status.

I give you that assignment.
Re: Nigeria Gets Debt Relief From China, G-20 by jolomiurenyi(m): 11:02am On Apr 18, 2020
This is good news....
Re: Nigeria Gets Debt Relief From China, G-20 by uncleinans(m): 12:06pm On Apr 18, 2020
Dre555:
China greedy? Ask African countries.

Chinese are damn greedy. Ask people who work for them here in Nigeria.

For the past two years, China has contributed just 80 million dollars to WHO, US had contributed more than 800 million dollars. Who do you think will call the shot? Same with every other International organisation bro/sis. China and some countries support IMF gives Iran Loan, Iran is under US sanctions, If China is powerful, they should bypass US, damn US and give Iran Loan na.
Re: Nigeria Gets Debt Relief From China, G-20 by love2017(m): 12:26pm On Apr 18, 2020
The government is working for the peace of the lives of the citizens of the country, No government can please all citizens in a country. Even, the developed countries that you are thinking are higher than Nigeria, Their citizens also complains.
Re: Nigeria Gets Debt Relief From China, G-20 by elsom: 7:53am On Apr 19, 2020
So we are amongst the poorest countries in the world?
Re: Nigeria Gets Debt Relief From China, G-20 by Pharaoh350s(m): 1:54pm On Apr 19, 2020
Hmm
Re: Nigeria Gets Debt Relief From China, G-20 by MrCork17: 1:59pm On Apr 20, 2020
Drobitol:
Nigeria is irredeemable...don't kill yourself

How much please?
Re: Nigeria Gets Debt Relief From China, G-20 by AfamefulaOliver(m): 3:21pm On Apr 20, 2020
Goldencheese:
Govt can now breathe a sigh of relief and now afford to send N20,000 each to all Nigerians, if it's sincere.

I don't think all Nigerians may get the N20,000 oh. FG said they will cater for the poor and vulnerable households. Not all Nigerians cry

COVID-19: How the Vunerable Households were Chosen for the N20,000 Cash Transfer Intervention by FG

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Gets Debt Relief From China, G-20 by Goldencheese(m): 3:58pm On Apr 20, 2020
I know my brother.

We will all survive this storm in Jesus' name.

AfamefulaOliver:

I don't think all Nigerians may get the N20,000 oh. FG said they will cater for the poor and vulnerable households. Not all Nigerians cry

https://cdn-af.feednews.com/news/detail/3c5dde895680d039e2a7c0a5ee105ac8
Re: Nigeria Gets Debt Relief From China, G-20 by AfamefulaOliver(m): 4:12pm On Apr 20, 2020
Amen oh

Goldencheese:
I know my brother.

We will all survive this storm in Jesus' name.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Opunimi Akinkugbe: Buhari Gives Ondo Ambassador Slot To Rivers Indigene / Obi Set Igbo Political Trajectory 24 Years Back – Nnamani Says After Losing / Throwback Photo Of Philip Shuaibu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.