Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,550 members, 7,812,757 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (259) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (927522 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (435) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by whiteMandingo: 7:35pm On Nov 15, 2022
flourishing247:

Which airline do you want to use?

ethiopian airlines, they are pocket friendly
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by shithapuns: 8:57pm On Nov 15, 2022
hello house, are they still strict on asking for birthing receipts on subsequent trips to the usa. we forgot the receipts and would enter the USA from a 3rd country in a couple of days time, so not enough time ror means to send the physical receipts.

alternatively do they accept/look at soft copies of the receipt at poe, cos thats the plan b. have someone forward the receipts via email
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by biggybanking: 9:10pm On Nov 15, 2022
pointednose:
So sorry about that. You can reapply, sometimes these things are not cast in stones, and also may depend on the VO
I did and I got it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OsiEnterprise4: 9:13pm On Nov 15, 2022
flourishing247:

Sorry, I mixed up my reply. Current date is 2024 for appointment.

Nawa ooh
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 10:20pm On Nov 15, 2022
whiteMandingo:

ethiopian airlines, they are pocket friendly

OK. I thought qatar was cheaper although a bit far.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 10:23pm On Nov 15, 2022
Neroolu:
Hi pls can i get an early date for next year for visa renewal interview?
Because the dates i am seeing are November and December 2024

Renewal right? Yes I believe so although the method has changed a bit. You apply on your profile then wait for approval to schedule appointment.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 10:24pm On Nov 15, 2022
OsiEnterprise4:

Nawa ooh

The earlier you apply the better.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by uchetobi(f): 4:45am On Nov 16, 2022
shithapuns:
hello house, are they still strict on asking for birthing receipts on subsequent trips to the usa. we forgot the receipts and would enter the USA from a 3rd country in a couple of days time, so not enough time ror means to send the physical receipts.

alternatively do they accept/look at soft copies of the receipt at poe, cos thats the plan b. have someone forward the receipts via email

Print it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by onuawuchi: 7:30am On Nov 16, 2022
Anyone know what time they usually open the schedule for appointements? I keep getting this message - There are currently no appointments available
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Costainn: 2:56am On Nov 17, 2022
Greetings to the house, please I would love to get helpful information on how to go about my case. I got admission for my Masters program in USA to resume January 09, 2022. The earliest available date was January 04, 2024 so I have booked that and hoping to request an expedited appointment. Please I would appreciate to get useful information on how to get expedited appointment for my USA student visa application. For those who have got expedited appointment please can you put me through on what to do. Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OsiEnterprise4: 7:32am On Nov 17, 2022
onuawuchi:
Anyone know what time they usually open the schedule for appointements? I keep getting this message - There are currently no appointments available

Which Link do you used to try to book appointment
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Hannahbabe: 10:29am On Nov 17, 2022
Good morning all. i am a silent reader but want to post my experience & transcript, it might be useful. ( Note: the application was not submitted in Nigeria)
Interview date was 9th Nov. I didn't upload any passport photo to my form because the one i had didn't meet the specification so took 2 copies along to the centre.

VO: morning
Myself: Good morning
VO: can i have your passport
Myself: Yes please
VO: What is the purpose of travel
Myself:Going on Vacation alongside with some friends
VO: How long have i lived in the UK
Myself: 8 years
VO: You stayed because you claimed asylum?
myself: ( was surprised by the question) Asylum? no i didn't claim asylum, i came for my masters and he cut into my sentence
VO: so you got a job & stayed back
Myself: yes
VO: What do you do?
Myself: Business Analyst
VO: How long have you worked at ur company?
Myself: a year and few months
VO: Why USA?
Myself: caught me by surprise, why not USA? I Have worked hard and i afford it.
VO: Why not Spain?
Myself: That didn't come to mind at all.
VO: Okay ma, you're visa has been approved. allow 3-5 working days for it to be posted to you.
Good luck to everybody.

12 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pufframmy: 10:32am On Nov 17, 2022
LOL the VO was really twisting you

Hannahbabe:
Good morning all. i am a silent reader but want to post my experience & transcript, it might be useful. ( Note: the application was not submitted in Nigeria)
Interview date was 9th Nov. I didn't upload any passport photo to my form because the one i had didn't meet the specification so took 2 copies along to the centre.

myself: ( was surprised by the question) Asylum? no i didn't claim asylum, i came for my masters and he cut into my sentence
VO: Okay ma, you're visa has been approved. allow 3-5 working days for it to be posted to you.
Good luck to everybody.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Amaratamuno: 2:51pm On Nov 17, 2022
Okay all is well
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mjolnir: 7:12pm On Nov 17, 2022
Amaratamuno:
Good day, I filled my form by myself and have an agent my password to get a date cause it’s been stressful getting interview waiver date.

I logged in today and this is what I saw. I don’t know what he clicked as he is yet to answer me.

He most likely applied for emergency appointment for you, and will follow it up through the back channels, expect a mail for interview btw 2 to 4wks....if the agent has solid connect
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 7:13pm On Nov 17, 2022
Amaratamuno:
Good day, I filled my form by myself and have an agent my password to get a date cause it’s been stressful getting interview waiver date.

I logged in today and this is what I saw. I don’t know what he clicked as he is yet to answer me.

Something you could have just done yourself. This is the same with anyone for IW. Keep checking your profile for approval to pick date.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ghettonews: 7:28pm On Nov 17, 2022
Hannahbabe:

Good luck to everybody.

Pls bro did he ask you for any documents?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by vcole: 9:11pm On Nov 17, 2022
Hi all, does this passport tracker status mean that the passport is with DHL? Any idea of a timeline within which one should expect to get the passport back after this stage? Thanks in advance.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Hannahbabe: 1:19am On Nov 18, 2022
ghettonews:

Pls bro did he ask you for any documents?

He didn’t ask for any document. Few of my friends as well, no one asked them for any document.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Gracycool(f): 12:01pm On Nov 18, 2022
Keep checking your email and your profile. I got the same message last two weeks and an email on the same day advising that my request had been approved and I could log into my profile to schedule an appointment. I got options on my profile to choose a date afterwards. All documents have now been submitted and I am currently awaiting a decision on my application. All the best!

Amaratamuno:

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mojolajesu(m): 4:58pm On Nov 18, 2022
Hello good people of Nairaland,

Please can frequent travelers advise on the reliable and pocket friendly airlines to fly this December?

based on your experience. kindly advise
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by wakanderforever: 8:04am On Nov 19, 2022
Hello great people of nairaland.

i need your help on a matter that bothers me a bit, and will appreciate answers that come from a place of experience or knowledge, if its possible for me to get a VO repsonse, i'ld really appreciate.

So here's the thing, i applied to the U.S 5 years go 2017, and got a visa. i went on vacation and came back after after 10 days.
the Year of birth on my passport was 1985 (correct age.)

in 2019 the visa expired, and i tried to renew, on same passport but unfortunately got denied. (this was during the trump era when getting a visa was extremely difficult.

in 2020, i applied for a new passport (B series) (as old passport had expired), there was a mistake, and the year of birth on the new passport is 1989. day and month is still the same, only the year of birth changed. i tied to modify the year of birth back to my correct age 1985, but the people at the passport office say Age cannot be modified on this new b series passport.

here goes my dilema........ i want to apply for a US visa now, and im confused on what to do, as The records i have with them (U.S embassy) for my approved and denied visa is 1985 and my current passport has 1989. (day and month of birth is the same)

how do i navigate this? do i apply with my current passport (which reads 1989) and tell them there was an error on it? or what do i do??

i need your help guys.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ultimatebas(m): 9:24am On Nov 19, 2022
wakanderforever:

i need your help on a matter that bothers me a bit, and will appreciate answers that come from a place of experience or knowledge, if its possible for me to get a VO repsonse, i'ld really appreciate.

So here's the thing, i applied to the U.S 5 years go 2017, and got a visa. i went on vacation and came back after after 10 days.

in 2019 the visa expired, and i tried to renew, on same passport but unfortunately got denied. (this was during the trump era when getting a visa was extremely difficult.

in 2020, i applied for a new passport (B series) (as old passport had expired), there was a mistake, and the year of birth on the new passport is 1989. day and month is still the same, only the year of birth changed. i tied to modify the year of birth back to my correct age 1985, but the people at the passport office say Age cannot be modified on this new b series passport.

here goes my dilema........ i want to apply for a US visa now, and im confused on what to do, as The records i have with them (U.S embassy) for my approved and denied visa is 1985 and my current passport has 1989. (day and month of birth is the same)

how do i navigate this? do i apply with my current passport (which reads 1989) and tell them there was an error on it? or what do i do??

i need your help guys.

l will advice you get a new passport because if you were ten printed(biometrics) the last time at the embassy ,once you are ten print this time around the system will immediately flag your year of birth. I have heard of people who were denied for just one day difference in their birthdays. You wouldn't want to go through that. Just imagine waiting until december 2024 for interview only to be denied for this.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sirrotex: 9:25am On Nov 19, 2022
You do not have a problem with the US embassy, your problem lies with the Immigration service. Before your new passport was produced, they usually tell you to confirm your details before signing. This must have been an oversight on your part.

Now that the wrong has been done, it is not impossible to correct data on any type of passport, it is only stressful and expensive. I think it can only be done in the Abuja head quarters office.

Check the immigration portal for details on data modification, apply to modify your data before applying for a new visa.

My two cents

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 8:02pm On Nov 19, 2022
wakanderforever:

i need your help guys.

"Unfortunately " it is always very challenging to change errors on passport. You have to go to Abuja for it to be corrected. I even heard it is only the comptroller that gives the OK. That's why they ask you to cross-check it before they submit. I will advise you make the corrections. US embassy is big on data, they don't joke with it. Don't go to the embassy with the new passport.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 8:05pm On Nov 19, 2022
mojolajesu:
Hello good people of Nairaland,

Please can frequent travelers advise on the reliable and pocket friendly airlines to fly this December?

based on your experience. kindly advise

Qatar airways
Ethiopian.
Rwanda Air

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Funiam: 8:37pm On Nov 19, 2022
There's no excuse for this kinda mistake at any embassy, it's a big one. The correction should be made from the immigration office in Abuja. It actually costs some 6 digits and time to get done. Wish you luck.
flourishing247:

"Unfortunately " it is always very challenging to change errors on passport. You have to go to Abuja for it to be corrected. I even heard it is only the comptroller that gives the OK. That's why they ask you to cross-check it before they submit. I will advise you make the corrections. US embassy is big on data, they don't joke with it. Don't go to the embassy with the new passport.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Excellence100(m): 4:22am On Nov 20, 2022
Hello, everyone.

My aunt in the US has asked me to take steps and get an interview date for visiting visa, as she wants to invite me over.

I am not sure if https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ is the right website to go to.

I'm also not sure of the visa type I should apply for.

Kindly advise on these my concerns. Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mojolajesu(m): 8:22pm On Nov 20, 2022
Yes that is the right link.

Click on the DS-160 form, fill the form carefully and appropriately.

Purchase your visa fee and join the queue to get a date.

Excellence100:
Hello, everyone.

My aunt in the US has asked me to take steps and get an interview date for visiting visa, as she wants to invite me over.

I am not sure if https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ is the right website to go to.

I'm also not sure of the visa type I should apply for.

Kindly advise on these my concerns. Thank you

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by EmekaMD(m): 8:06am On Nov 21, 2022
Modifications of an enquiry i sent to a friend but yet to get a response.

I need some informed opinions please

I stay in Leeds UK right now. I graduated as a doctor but I'm not yet board certified here in the UK and so not practicing medicine yet.

UK is grappling with high cost of living amidst low wage and so i am contemplating moving to the US.
I could get a 2yr visiting visa to the US but what are the odds that I can easily convert that to resident status/greencard?

What might be the challenges that I need to factor in?

1. I am married and so I'm not looking to marry anyone else there
2 USMLE is a lengthy, grilling and expensive process and so i am planning that route for later not now

Cheers
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by uchetobi(f): 9:10am On Nov 21, 2022
EmekaMD:
Modifications of an enquiry i sent to a friend but yet to get a response.

I need some informed opinions please

I stay in Leeds UK right now. I graduated as a doctor but I'm not yet board certified here in the UK and so not practicing medicine yet.

UK is grappling with high cost of living amidst low wage and so i am contemplating moving to the US.
I could get a 2yr visiting visa to the US but what are the odds that I can easily convert that to resident status/greencard?

What might be the challenges that I need to factor in?

1. I am married and so I'm not looking to marry anyone else there
2 USMLE is a lengthy, grilling and expensive process and so i am planning that route for later not now

Cheers

It will be tougher in the USA.

It’s easier to qualify for the uk boards. Why is he not concentrating on that ?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (435) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.