Stats: 3,156,483 members, 7,830,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (262) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (943866 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (440) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Rikkytokunbo(f): 4:44pm On Nov 26, 2022
Please, someone should kindly clarify me on this.my visa expired in November 2018. I paid visa fee since April of 2021 but could not get any date.Do I qualify for the waiver ? Please, someone should please answer me.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 4:45pm On Nov 26, 2022
Yerfod:
Please guys I need your opinions to better understand the statement on my screenshot.

In the past when I booked appointments I tagged my dependents under my own account.

My question is; with the interview waver process, are they insinuating that I create separate profile/account for all my dependents ?

Thanks in adv.

Are they qualified for IW? You can call the embassy on Monday to be sure of what to do.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 4:50pm On Nov 26, 2022
Themmietee:
Please , I have just been admitted to the university of new haven for my masters which I am supposed to resume on the 10th of January 2023 but my appointment date is in august 2023, I requested for an expedited visa appointment but I was denied.. please what can I do ?

Ask in the student thread.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 4:50pm On Nov 26, 2022
eniola1010:

Boss what is the easiest way to convert tourist visa to legal stay
And
What is the easiest way to convert student visa to legal stay

No idea.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by DaluO: 6:43pm On Nov 26, 2022
Myfavour22:

There’s an option to retrieve your ds 160
What this does is to start a fresh application with some pre filled information from your previous DS

After you’re done with this update your new ds 160 number in the cgi site for appointments

Thanks for this, I wish I saw this earlier cuz I’d already started a new one. I’m almost done with it though and I’ll update my new ds-160 ID.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by DaluO: 6:49pm On Nov 26, 2022
Themmietee:
Please , I have just been admitted to the university of new haven for my masters which I am supposed to resume on the 10th of January 2023 but my appointment date is in august 2023, I requested for an expedited visa appointment but I was denied.. please what can I do ?
Ask your question in the students thread. Here’s the link https://www.nairaland.com/7194807/general-usa-student-visa-enquiries-part/142
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by wifey1: 6:58pm On Nov 26, 2022
Thank you, pls what documents are required when submitting drop box.
flourishing247:

You don't need to go with them. You can submit for everyone.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mojolajesu(m): 7:15pm On Nov 26, 2022
From what i have read so far, there is a legal way to convert your b1/b2 to f1. the process is very crazy and you have to sufficiently prove that you didn't enter the use with a preconceived intent of actually going to school but got in with tourist.

It is advised that once travels back to home country to re-apply for an f1.
eniola1010:

No i am not in usa. I am in uk. With a common unmarried partner
My plan is to go to usa either via tourism or school. But i want to know which one between f1 and hb visa is easier to convert to legal stay. And how to convert it
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 7:37pm On Nov 26, 2022
eniola1010:

Boss what is the easiest way to convert tourist visa to legal stay
And
What is the easiest way to convert student visa to legal stay

Sponsorship through marriage or a job.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Excellence100(m): 7:43pm On Nov 26, 2022
Excellence100:
After rescheduling 5 times, I've gotten August 15, 2023, Abuja. I still hope to reschedule to like March sha or January.

But my major concern is, would the number of times I reschedule not affect my visa interview success in any way?

Thank you.

Truly, I can see that there's no reschedule option any longer. I'd just prepare towards my August 15. Not bad a date actually. Bless up, Sir.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Excellence100(m): 7:46pm On Nov 26, 2022
tonexman18:
Is this your first time applying and is it b1/b2??

Yes. My very first time.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mobileflp: 8:01pm On Nov 26, 2022
Maybe she now qualifies for Dropbox. You know they changed the validity to 48 months. She can explore that

MaryAndrews:
Yes I know someone that got the same email this evening. Lagos appointment for 2023 that she checked tire before getting. No reason provided by the embassy for the cancellation.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 10:53pm On Nov 26, 2022
wifey1:
Thank you, pls what documents are required when submitting drop box.

Check the US embassy lagos website.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mzvelvet: 11:51pm On Nov 26, 2022
Yes, separate profiles.
They are treating each interview waiver application separately.
Carefully read through all the details on your profile as well as the one they will send via email.

Yerfod:
Please guys I need your opinions to better understand the statement on my screenshot.

In the past when I booked appointments I tagged my dependents under my own account.

My question is; with the interview waver process, are they insinuating that I create separate profile/account for all my dependents ?

Thanks in adv.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mzvelvet: 11:53pm On Nov 26, 2022
Log into your profile, follow the prompt and answer all the questions. You will be notified immediately if you qualify for the waiver and then you can schedule a Dropbox appointment.

Rikkytokunbo:
Please, someone should kindly clarify me on this.my visa expired in November 2018. I paid visa fee since April of 2021 but could not get any date.Do I qualify for the waiver ? Please, someone should please answer me.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by borryworld: 12:26am On Nov 27, 2022
Please where did you get the May 1, 2022 visa fee payment criteria? I can't find it anywhere. My visa expired Feb 2019 and I paid for a new visa fee in August 2022.
Tamad101:
Yes, you now qualify for interview waiver provided you paid visa fee prior to May 1 2022. Dropbox validity has been extended to 48 months. I was able to get appointments dates for both my parents for 1st week in Dec

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Funiam: 5:47am On Nov 27, 2022
You wld need to apply asap b4 Feb 2023. The embassy is only giving priority to visa fees paid before May 1, 2022.
If the question pops up on your profile, give a honest answer and wait for the next page...
Guess this only for Lagos

borryworld:
Please where did you get the May 1, 2022 visa fee payment criteria? I can't find it anywhere. My visa expired Feb 2019 and I paid for a new visa fee in August 2022.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by iykmon: 9:36am On Nov 27, 2022
Wahala with this new waiver question. Why separate your family from the lead applicant
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by iykmon: 9:42am On Nov 27, 2022
I am faced with the same question and i really don't know what the consequences will be when you separate your dependant from the lead applicant.
@Yerfod what you finally selected.

Yerfod:

Thanks in adv.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by overlord77: 10:12am On Nov 27, 2022
Hello everyone,

Real quick, my visa expired in March 2020 and my wife's Jan 2019. do we qualify for IW as it seems the timeframe to qualify is now 48months. How true is this?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Tripletmom: 10:28am On Nov 27, 2022
Hello guys, I already have a Jan 2024 date appointment for interview but since i qualify for the 48 months Dropbox how do I go about.
Do I need to cancel my current appointment .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 27, 2022
overlord77:
Hello everyone,

Real quick, my visa expired in March 2020 and my wife's Jan 2019. do we qualify for IW as it seems the timeframe to qualify is now 48months. How true is this?

You're still within the time frame sir. But as you know, time is running out.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by otunbaajamu(m): 1:01pm On Nov 27, 2022
Hi
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by thebabiebird: 1:04pm On Nov 27, 2022
Good day everyone, please I have my interview in 3 days and I just realized that I made a mistake on the DS160. My sponsor is my father,but I had filled Friend with my father’s details. Is there any way I could correct this? I know this is silly but I need help. Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by overlord77: 1:59pm On Nov 27, 2022
Studymore123:

You're still within the time frame sir. But as you know, time is running out.

Thank you so much, this is good news. Another huddle is, we've already booked an interview appointment for April 2024 prior to this new development. Should I cancel and select IW option?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sweetjasonjosh(m): 2:29pm On Nov 27, 2022
Hey fellow NLs. Please I need urgent advice on this one.

My US wife and I are making preparations to get married, here's the breakdown.

1. Though We've been good friends for 3+years, We've been together in a deep relationship for eight months now, she's planning to come over to Nigeria early next year and in lieu of that decision she applied for a Nigerian visa through their US site for about 2 months l, Paid $150, but hasn't been gotten back to

2. To correct the irrespondence above she was advised by a friend who had similar experience (America- Jamaica, I heard there's easier though) to have me write her an invitation letter so she takes to the Nigerian embassy herself and they speeden things up for her to come.

3. When she comes she's too spend 15days thereabouts during which we get married and she returns with the documents to have it filed out in the US. Some say that there step is too early and might f**k things up and I'm confused.

In a nutshell I need your help on how I'd write the invitation letter and if we can really get married (when she comes around it'd make it almost a year we've been in a relationship)

Thanks for your feedback NLs �
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by borryworld: 2:41pm On Nov 27, 2022
I paid for my Visa in August, you mean I am not qualified? Where can I read about the May 2021 limitation?.
Funiam:
You wld need to apply asap b4 Feb 2023. The embassy is only giving priority to visa fees paid before May 1, 2022.
If the question pops up on your profile, give a honest answer and wait for the next page...
Guess this only for Lagos

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NOBIAMAKA: 2:42pm On Nov 27, 2022
iykmon:
I am faced with the same question and i really don't know what the consequences will be when you separate your dependant from the lead applicant.
@Yerfod what you finally selected.

I am interested to know how to apply for interview waiver, mine is family of 4.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by borryworld: 2:49pm On Nov 27, 2022
YES. That is the instruction on the site. Let me know how it goes.
overlord77:

Thank you so much, this is good news. Another huddle is, we've already booked an interview appointment for April 2024 prior to this new development. Should I cancel and select IW option?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by firefunmi(f): 8:45pm On Nov 27, 2022
Please if you have scheduled for an appointment, do you have to cancel before you check your eligibility for the interview waiver because mine expired November 2018 too
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by wifey1: 8:48pm On Nov 27, 2022
It is 48months which is 4yrs, yours is almost above that,so the earlier you check the better as November is almost over
firefunmi:
Please if you have scheduled for an appointment, do you have to cancel before you check your eligibility for the interview waiver because mine expired November 2018 too
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Diamondroyal: 2:38am On Nov 28, 2022
[quote author=Tamad101 post=118678700]Yes, you now qualify for interview waiver provided you paid visa fee prior to May 1 2022. Dropbox validity has been extended to 48 months. I was able to get appointments dates for both my parents for 1st week in Dec
[/quote

Please my last visa bi/b2 expired in Nov, 2019 ,am I qualified for the interview waiver?Please note, I have not paid visa fee.
Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (440) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2