Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,260 members, 7,829,516 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown (94567 Views)

PDP Crisis: Atiku, Wike Agree On 14-Member Panel / South-East Governors Agree To Establish Regional Community Police / FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by pretyval: 7:00am On Apr 23, 2020
So na another 14 days be that? E be like say una Dey mad
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Sermwell(m): 7:02am On Apr 23, 2020
atmstyle:
But Cross River State Governor is seriously suggesting that Lagos, Ogun and Abuja lockdowns should be ended...
why will he suggest that nonsense?? Is he the governor of those states??
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by ahabue111(m): 7:03am On Apr 23, 2020
calculusx:
Nigerians are missing the main point (Interstate lockdown). This means FG will lift the lockdown on Monday and States will reopen and everyone get back to Normal life with compulsory wearing of facemask in Lagos when in the Public but NO INTERSTATE MOVEMENT
My fear is Police that will be Stationed at every State borders. Can they adhere to this? Don't also forget the invisible enemy is still out there.

Exactly, you are correct. Don't know why most people don't settle down and read properly.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by enemyofprogress: 7:06am On Apr 23, 2020
Na mudu/kongo them dey use serve us this lockdown. Play play play play na like that them go dey push am till December.

Dominique you don wake?
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by splendid2: 7:09am On Apr 23, 2020
sarrki:
Bitter pill

That needs to be chewed

Please stop the comparison with overseas countries

Are Nigeria citizens loyal , patriotic like other countries

Are we obidient?

Talk for your self.
Don't deceive your self, people are patriotic, more people are willing to be with the right government

1 Like

Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by akanbiaa(m): 7:10am On Apr 23, 2020
Simplyleo:
Nawao.

Almost everyone seems short of ideas on the most appropriate approach to controlling the spread of this virus.

Continue lockdown - Hunger

Relax lockdown - high vulnerability

These Chinese sef. angry
The effects of the virus looks like its just after extermination of people to reduce population.
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Openbusiness: 7:11am On Apr 23, 2020
Saintbusco1:
So simple to understand... Get enough foodstuff or buy enough garri, Sha stay home to stay alive... Na person wey dey alive dey find money
You're the one that will give people money to buy enough food stuffs ko? Let me drop my account na. 80m is OK, I will stay at home till December
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by LEBEfirstson: 7:11am On Apr 23, 2020
OGA FAYEMI OF NIGERIA GOVERNORS FORUM, PLEASE LEAVE ALL OF US TO DIE! HABA.

ALL YOU PEOPLE KNOW IS DECLARING TOTAL LOCKDOWN HERE AND THERE. WE WANT TO BE FREE JARE! WE WANT TO GO OUT AND HUSTLE TO FEED OURSELVES AND OUR LOVED ONES.

AGAIN I SAID, LEAVE ALL OF US TO DIE! SHEBI TIMAYA SANG THE OTHER TIME DEY BEG UNA TO "PITY FOR US". I BEG UNA THIS TIME MAKE UNA NO PITY FOE US AGAIN, WE WANT TO BE FREE.

BTW, NA ONLY FEW PEOPLE UNDERSTAND WHAT THE INTERSTATE LOCKDOWN MEANS.... THE SOUTH EASTERN STATES LAST WEEK HAD AGREED ON THE COMPULSORY USE OF FACEMASKS FROM NEXT WEEK WHEN THEY EVENTUALLY RELAX THE LOCKDOWN.

SO THERE WILL BE MOVEMENTS IN THE STATES BUT NO MOVEMENT OUTSIDE A PARTICULAR STATE.

WHY DO I EVEN FEEL THAT THEY WANT TO DO THIS BECAUSE OF THEIR RAMADAN FASTING?? WE ARE WATCHING!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by mmaster: 7:12am On Apr 23, 2020
[color=#770077][/color]
totit:

I wants to believe this has more to do with the state's borders
YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON THAT UNDERSTAND WHAT IS BEING SAID. WHEN THEY SAID INTERSTATE, IT MEANS NO MOVEMENT FROM OME STATE TO THE OTHER, THEY DON'T MEAN, NO MOVEMENT WITHIN A STATE. MOST PEOPLE JUST READ, THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Ken4agent(m): 7:12am On Apr 23, 2020
globalresource:
3 things needed from the Government (FG (mostly)and States)

And we should be transparent, proactive and accountable for once

1. Massive Testing

2. Palliatives to assist citizenry (set aside politics and ethnicity for once and get this right)

3. Tight security of lives and properties

U need to forward this 3 way out to those confuse leaders.....it d simple way out if we must get out of this

Another quicky way out is discovering the vercine, else Africa is.......May God take charge for d sake of the poor

1 Like

Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Tywo2018: 7:12am On Apr 23, 2020
Still counting
Kingjay007:
14.. 14.. 14.

1 Like

Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Martinola(m): 7:12am On Apr 23, 2020
sarrki:
Bitter pill

That needs to be chewed

Are we obidient?
You think those patriotic and obedient citizens will be patriotic and obedient if they get the same crappy and bullsh*t leadership and treatment we get from our leaders?
It's very hard to be 'normal' if you are a citizen at the lower end of the ladder in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Wilsonidoko: 7:13am On Apr 23, 2020
God help this country please
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by omobabaoffa(m): 7:15am On Apr 23, 2020
Please help save a life. Dying of hunger and I have a family of four (4) to feed. Please help a brother for the love of humanity.
GTB
Please, save a life.

1 Like

Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by xpool(m): 7:16am On Apr 23, 2020
Simplyleo:
Nawao.

Almost everyone seems short of ideas on the most appropriate approach to controlling the spread of this virus.

Continue lockdown - Hunger

Relax lockdown - high vulnerability

These Chinese sef. angry

In situations like this, the best idea usually comes from the unexpected.
You can as well think and suggest, instead of attempting to crack jokes
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by maybet081: 7:16am On Apr 23, 2020
this is getting out of hand ,honestly if this lockdown is implemented without providing aids to families it might get bloody between citizens and security workers
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by xpool(m): 7:18am On Apr 23, 2020
pretyval:
So na another 14 days be that? E be like say una Dey mad
Always read to understand: it is interstate lockdown, no movement between states
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Brownsun(f): 7:18am On Apr 23, 2020
So we cant travel for another 14 days?? Nawa o. What date is it ending please?? so i will know when to leave this Lagos. cry
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by viczeni: 7:19am On Apr 23, 2020
MORE 14 DAYS, WITHOUT ANY ASSISTANCE FROM GOVERNMENT? NA TUNDER DEY AWAIT ENA, FuuLS!
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by MartinsD12(m): 7:19am On Apr 23, 2020
oshozondii:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/breaking-governors-agree-on-14-days-national-covid-19-lockdown.html
This people are confusionist imagine when the extra federal government 14 days has not expired April ending they are putting another one, which one should we listen the federal government lockdown they is ending April or this governors own that starts when and the worst part of these is that nothing has been given to Nigerians to cushion the effects of hardship this lockdown has been causing they are busy ordering more lockdown because they know even if the lockdown goes for one Year they the governors have more than enough to be comfortable with their families, I consider this to be a war against the poor masses, there is not transparency in this, this people in government are the evil themselves worst than Covid19, hunger go kill people the Nigerian masses reject extra lockdown they are about to starve Nigerians to hunger

1 Like

Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Lordwheez(m): 7:21am On Apr 23, 2020
sarrki:
Bitter pill

That needs to be chewed

Are we obidient?

Wtf did this niqqa just spill?? ���... You sure say you reason this thing before you talk am so.. Let me end it there before you provoke me more, cos you no go like d outcome...
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by viczeni: 7:27am On Apr 23, 2020
SERIOUSLY I NEED HELP, NO MATTER HOW LITTLE PLS, have ran out of cash, my younger ones stays with me. Had to buy bread from d last #700 I have lst night and the worse is that almost all reasonable loafs is now #300
First Bank.

1 Like

Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by westland0556: 7:29am On Apr 23, 2020
calculusx:
Nigerians are missing the main point (Interstate lockdown). This means FG will lift the lockdown on Monday and States will reopen and everyone get back to Normal life with compulsory wearing of facemask in Lagos when in the Public but NO INTERSTATE MOVEMENT
My fear is Police that will be Stationed at every State borders. Can they adhere to this? Don't also forget the invisible enemy is still out there.
Too bad, only few Nigerians understand the meaning of inter state-lockdown. Interstate lockdown is far different from lockdown that is currently been experienced in some states.. It's simply a restriction put in place, for people moving or traveling from one state to another, and this is done with the aim to avoid continuous spreading of the virus from one state to another. With this measure put in place each state will be able to manage the existing case of COVID-19 in their respective states

2 Likes

Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Angelfrost(m): 7:29am On Apr 23, 2020
Medicine after death... Clueless mediocre leaders!!!
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by joshuaidibia(m): 7:30am On Apr 23, 2020
sarrki:

Seriously in just one sentence what have you done as a citizen in your house, street, road, area, locality, local government, and state before nationally

Just one it may be keeping the environment clean

Just mention 1

If not you are worse than those you are accusing

Wetin this Mumu dey talk?
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by jcross19: 7:30am On Apr 23, 2020
sarrki:
Bitter pill

That needs to be chewed

Are we obidient?
oga go and sit down! what are you saying? where is your brain ? are you sure you are normal for the sake of posterity and unseen eyes that see the heart of a man! see what you are committing !! God save us from this scavenger. you locked them up in the house no food, no light, no water and security for the citizens. how are they going to be loyal? am sure some BMC won't survive this pandemic because their cups have filled.

1 Like

Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by executive12: 7:32am On Apr 23, 2020
Saintbusco1:
So simple to understand... Get enough foodstuff or buy enough garri, Sha stay home to stay alive... Na person wey dey alive dey find money

Talk is cheap. How many Nigerians have enough money to "Get enough foodstuff or buy enough garri"?
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Eblaze(m): 7:32am On Apr 23, 2020
I am sure theses idiots have some hidden agenda but one day better breeze go blow and fowl yanch go open, May God help us all in this country.

1 Like

Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by tundess: 7:34am On Apr 23, 2020
What I want to know is WHAT INDICES/METRICS the authorities will rely on before easing lockdown ? Is it death rates ? Infection rates ? Hospitalizations ? Testing ? Or just arbitrary continuation like PMB was in London ?
All these pressers are only because they heard criticism about their lack of explanation to the citizens of this country. Social media mocked their statue style of government so they reacted.
Govt is extremely pleased with the shutdown for political reasons; No opposition; No need to work; No responsibility to Nigerians; Just tell them Coro19 is the reason and everything can be abrogated under that catch all phrase.
Where is the PPE delivered so far ? Any ventilators expected ? How many test kits and of which type have been ordered. Heck even India has neighbourhood test stands. Why can't we ordered those pronto. What about donations pledged ?
Setting up an iso unit is not fighting COVID-19. It's just political Kabuki.

1 Like

Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Hussainmaaji: 7:39am On Apr 23, 2020
[You got it Master quote author=globalresource post=88745359]3 things needed from the Government (FG (mostly)and States)

And we should be transparent, proactive and accountable for once

1. Massive Testing

2. Palliatives to assist citizenry (set aside politics and ethnicity for once and get this right)

3. Tight security of lives and properties [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Chidex50(m): 7:39am On Apr 23, 2020
Interstate lockdown simply means no movement from one state to the other

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Five Reasons Why Jonathan Lost- BBC / Full Text: President Buhari's Address On COVID-19 Lockdown On 27th April, 2020 / Bashir Gwandu, Yusuf Buhari’s Friend In Coma (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.