Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,273 members, 7,829,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown (94568 Views)

PDP Crisis: Atiku, Wike Agree On 14-Member Panel / South-East Governors Agree To Establish Regional Community Police / FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by alphaRego01(m): 10:49am On Apr 23, 2020
Iamtoowise:

You were made to suffer, don't use the word 'us'.

Are your leaders not Africans?

De leaders are being used against us.if they are not suffering now,maybe theres anoda place waiting for dem ni
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Flexy0814: 10:55am On Apr 23, 2020
May God help us in this country, this people are evil...
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by EKPETI(m): 10:57am On Apr 23, 2020
tatax:
Truth be told.. I wonder how many Nigerians don't have a saving to sustain them for just one or two months total lockdown so we can all beat this virus fast and go back to our normal lives. Everybody is complaining they are hungry, it leaves me wondering what the people did with their earnings. Does it mean Nigerians don't save up? Does it mean many Nigerians doesn't set funds aside for emergencies and worst case scenarios? These set of people have money to buy data and be flying their account numbers everywhere all over the internet. It's shameful to see. Don't get me wrong, there are real people who actually deserve this help and palliative but when majority wants to take advantage, then it's a problem. Now, you see the mentality of an average Nigerian; Entitlement.. Give such people public funds to manage, they will manage it with same mentality they have managed their personal funds, no savings and in situations of emergencies, they borrow or look for aids. Now, what's the difference between us and our leaders in relation to how we manage our resources? Aren't we who we criticize?

Now, those people who survived the Nigeria civil war for more than 3 years, how did they do it? Please let us collectively assist the government to curb the virus. The government have honestly failed us but we must be sincere also with ourselves and how we conduct our lives. Aviod going out, stay home let's atleast curb this virus and our lives will go back to normal.

We should all stop putting pressures on government to relax the lockdown knowing fully well what this virus can do. Let's allow these guys get it right because if finally the lockdown is lifted now, how will a place like lagos fare? Or we want people to start dropping dead on the streets or maybe overburden the medical practitioners? C'mon let us think guys.

Guy, if things are working out for you don't think you are the smartest. May the life challenges not constantly visit you. Who do think like begging?
Do you know graduates earning 15k, 20k, 30k, 40k monthly? How much do expect such people to save monthly?

I personally lost everything last year and I have wife and a son to care for.
Please don't look down on others. If you can't help with the love of God then keep to yourself.

I pray God will give Leaders at all level the wisdom to do the right things. Honestly, Nigerians are trying and we need to appreciate ourselves.

NOTE: Don't ever give up on your self and don't be intimidated by what your are passing through because it is just a face and it will be over soon.
Keep believing God, Keep tithing, keep giving, keep reading and keeping learning.

God bless you all. JESUS IS ALIVE!

1 Like

Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Simplyleo: 11:11am On Apr 23, 2020
Reference:

I did not mention President Buhari's name in my write up. Mr. President is clearly not in the equation here as a wartime leader. Boss Mustapha is the defacto leader of this effort.

What I mean by 'starting a war' is provoking one and I need not stress again what should have happened long ago. A few days ago I did say that a biblical verse explains it all. Luke 14: 31 & 32 should have guided Nigeria when they saw what Covid 19 did in Wuhan in January.

This government saw lockdowns, saw international travels bans, saw mega hospitals being built in days, saw supermarkets with empty shelves, saw the economy of China take a hit.... all in January and for goodness sake we have an ambassador there to feed us Intel.

If I as an individual receiving international news could conclude as early as Januaty that this was going to be an international calamity how coyld a whole government sit hack and invite Covid 19 to supper. Remember that it was the near riot of Nigerians that forced the first lockdown in Nigeria of our international borders.

This government supported by its fans (and you can go back and check, even on thus forum) were in total denial and labeled those who spoke out as alarmist, fake news peddlers not until the Italian was discovered THROUGH THE PRIVATE SECTOR to be the first case.

So what do we call all this....ignorance on the part of government towards Covid 19, or bravado or incompetence or mere pandering to the personal interests of a few. Whatever you call it, government saw war coming and invited it.
Lol @ invite Covid 19 to supper. Really got me cracking. grin grin grin
I still don't understand what you mean when you said the govt was advised on the appropriate step which it turned down (or words to that effect).

Pls take a look at this thread with particular reference to the comment I screenshot below and how the poster was subsequently cheered up. Is that the advice you are talking about?

I'm quite busy now, I would have dug out the thread in which the govt was outrightly insulted when it started taking actions against the spread of this virus in Nigeria. I'm sure if you read through the comments (intelligent and very convincing comments that there was nothing like Coronavirus), you will come back and edit this your comment.

Pls read through this thread. This is the one I can lay my hands on for now.
https://www.nairaland.com/5713482/coronavirus-osagie-ehanire-visits-lagos#87075301

Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by seangy4konji: 11:24am On Apr 23, 2020
lol...
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Cantonese: 11:33am On Apr 23, 2020
u11ae1013:
I hope it doesn't include lagos

Do not deceive yourself. Lagos needs not only a complete lockdown but a very comprehensive enforcement of the order.

With the "nothing dey happen" attitude of Lagos and the spread into communities something drastic has to be done as Lagos is sitting on a keg of gun powder.

Look at the so called daily income and their attitude of reap off. They have completely taken advantage and are smiling to the bank everyday. Who fools who?
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by arinzos(m): 11:37am On Apr 23, 2020
macjireh:

I don't understand u ooo...are u not staying at d state where u work?...if so,,then ur ID card should bale u out wen u meet law enforcements at state borders
We have so many people like that..
My dad works in ogun state but we stay in Lagos
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Ezmans: 11:42am On Apr 23, 2020
SweetJoystick:

Will you keep quite angry

And the patriotic of the northern Nigerian people makes them poverty & almajiri capital of the world
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Ezmans: 11:47am On Apr 23, 2020
sarrki:
Bitter pill

That needs to be chewed

Please stop the comparison with overseas countries

Are Nigeria citizens loyal , patriotic like other countries

Are we obidient?
And the patriotic & loyalty of Northern Nigerians makes them poverty & almajiri capital of the world
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by arinzos(m): 12:17pm On Apr 23, 2020
When will this Lockdown take Effect ?
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by razible5384(m): 12:29pm On Apr 23, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
End for what?nobody is ending anything until we stop corona
u all feeding from ur parents pot will still be coming here to spew trash...
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by dododawa1: 12:51pm On Apr 23, 2020
I pity some people, lockdown without money,OVERTHINKING loaded.
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Amanda4life: 12:56pm On Apr 23, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Till May ending, everywhere is meant to be locked down in Nigeria, going by how it is done in Europe.

But Nigerians can’t afford doing this or else the unknown will happen.
Hunger will chase us out. Hunger is worse than coro.

Nigeria did not prepare for this at all.

Hunger will cause the problems Nigeria have been running away from
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Swingking(m): 1:01pm On Apr 23, 2020
This model is actually designed to tackle covid-19 spread the Nigerian way. Watch till end and help share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ddHeJvpiRw
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Legendguru: 1:06pm On Apr 23, 2020
These governors have forgotten that not everyone have access to looted funds . This time it will not work I will go out no matter what I can not come and kill myself coz of hunger
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by zedegit: 1:11pm On Apr 23, 2020
oshozondii:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/breaking-governors-agree-on-14-days-national-covid-19-lockdown.html

Do they have a choice. They did it in first half, they just have to key in second half.

Hoping. Just hoping it doesn't enter extra time and ultimately penalty kick.
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 1:46pm On Apr 23, 2020
olumide4christ:

So you still believe that COVID 19 in Nigeria is a scam After all that has happened?
What do you think the government is gaining from it? 10 billion naira or 50 million euros?
How much is that compared to what Lagos State or Federal Government alone makes per day or per month? Do you know how much the government is losing every day as a result of this lockdown? I watched a report on TV where it was said that Federal Government was losing N20 billion per day in custom duties at the Lagos ports due to the fact that banks at the ports were not open for transactions. This is coupled with the almost worthless value of crude oil right now. I tell you, the government wants the country to open up for business more than you.
bro foreget that they are loisng nothing they even making more money for this issue and you are saying they are losin, what are they losing? oil or gas
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by taiwopapaya(m): 2:24pm On Apr 23, 2020
lockdown extended only slow the spreads of the virus, if vaccine have not be put in place, 50% population is still at risk even thou 3year lockdown. but in a situation like this when oil price fall to less than $12 per barrel, and air and land border closed, with covid - 19 pandermic. nigeria have serious problem in which long lockdown can not solve 10% of the problem. there should be measure put in place for people. people should go out for work with preventive method, why weekend days friday - sunday should be on lockdown, and an hour church service with 20 on seat should be allowed only on sunday, and mosque service with 20 in mosque with face mask should be allowed. school should open, wearing face mask and hand glove should be compulsory and school sport and game activities shoud stop. any person feel unwell or show symptom of covid-19 should stay at home, if several go hospital or go for ncdc covid-19 test. and ncdc center for test put in many place in market,roadside etc. the people will complain less.
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by ejimatic: 2:26pm On Apr 23, 2020
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Olabode971(f): 3:09pm On Apr 23, 2020
Finally, everything is about to go down down..

Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 3:14pm On Apr 23, 2020
razible5384:
u all feeding from ur parents pot will still be coming here to spew trash...
OK if you think so
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by olumide4christ: 4:11pm On Apr 23, 2020
DFAMEGUY11S:
bro foreget that they are loisng nothing they even making more money for this issue and you are saying they are losin, what are they losing? oil or gas

You don't know anything...so you think it's only oil or gas Nigeria and Lagos makes money from What about taxes? What about custom duties?? What about levies??
Please watch, read and listen to news more..be current..it will increase your knowledge and exposure!
I'm into construction just as you are selling building materials..you need to know a lot more about things happening in your country, not just about your sales. Life and knowledge doesn't end there.
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 4:17pm On Apr 23, 2020
olumide4christ:

You don't know anything...so you think it's only oil or gas Nigeria and Lagos makes money from What about taxes? What about custom duties?? What about levies??
Please watch, read and listen to news more..be current..it will increase your knowledge and exposure!
I'm into construction just as you are selling building materials..you need to know a lot more about things happening in your country, not just about your sales. Life and knowledge doesn't end there.
well you own your mouth you can goahead say whatever suit you
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Credobee(m): 4:30pm On Apr 23, 2020
[quote author=globalresource post=88745359]3 things needed from the Government (FG (mostly)and States)

And we should be transparent, proactive and accountable for once

1. Massive Testing

2. Palliatives to assist citizenry (set aside politics and ethnicity for once and get this right)

3. Tight security of lives and properties [/quote
Great suggestion but can it be done in Nigeria...........
Honestly I doubt.............
We are in deep mess.........]
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Goahead(m): 4:30pm On Apr 23, 2020
DFAMEGUY11S:
well you own your mouth you can goahead say whatever suit you
angry
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Olabode971(f): 4:41pm On Apr 23, 2020
Finally ooh, everything is about to go Down.. Give them lamba, one by one!!!

Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Lordwheez(m): 5:15pm On Apr 23, 2020
Olatara:
Hello sweetie, how are you? You don't need to reply, just say fine in your mind.
Looks like the OP woke up on the wrong side of the bed.. Lol
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Avonjaa: 5:30pm On Apr 23, 2020
[s]
Simplyleo:

Lol @ invite Covid 19 to supper. Really got me cracking. grin grin grin
I still don't understand what you mean when you said the govt was advised on the appropriate step which it turned down (or words to that effect).

Pls take a look at this thread with particular reference to the comment I screenshot below and how the poster was subsequently cheered up. Is that the advice you are talking about?

I'm quite busy now, I would have dug out the thread in which the govt was outrightly insulted when it started taking actions against the spread of this virus in Nigeria. I'm sure if you read through the comments (intelligent and very convincing comments that there was nothing like Coronavirus), you will come back and edit this your comment.

Pls read through this thread. This is the one I can lay my hands on for now.
https://www.nairaland.com/5713482/coronavirus-osagie-ehanire-visits-lagos#87075301
[/s]
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by 1122miki: 6:26pm On Apr 23, 2020
They should not try it.They think everybody keeps billions in the house as they.Many families are facing severe hunger.They don't consider the poor masses.What provisions have they put in place to alleviate the hunger the masses are facing.How much have they shared to individuals in their various bank accounts as paliative?
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by harakiri(m): 6:53pm On Apr 23, 2020
tatax:
Truth be told.. I wonder how many Nigerians don't have a saving to sustain them for just one or two months total lockdown so we can all beat this virus fast and go back to our normal lives. Everybody is complaining they are hungry, it leaves me wondering what the people did with their earnings. Does it mean Nigerians don't save up? Does it mean many Nigerians doesn't set funds aside for emergencies and worst case scenarios? These set of people have money to buy data and be flying their account numbers everywhere all over the internet. It's shameful to see. Don't get me wrong, there are real people who actually deserve this help and palliative but when majority wants to take advantage, then it's a problem. Now, you see the mentality of an average Nigerian; Entitlement.. Give such people public funds to manage, they will manage it with same mentality they have managed their personal funds, no savings and in situations of emergencies, they borrow or look for aids. Now, what's the difference between us and our leaders in relation to how we manage our resources? Aren't we who we criticize?

Now, those people who survived the Nigeria civil war for more than 3 years, how did they do it? Please let us collectively assist the government to curb the virus. The government have honestly failed us but we must be sincere also with ourselves and how we conduct our lives. Aviod going out, stay home let's atleast curb this virus and our lives will go back to normal.

We should all stop putting pressures on government to relax the lockdown knowing fully well what this virus can do. Let's allow these guys get it right because if finally the lockdown is lifted now, how will a place like lagos fare? Or we want people to start dropping dead on the streets or maybe overburden the medical practitioners? C'mon let us think guys.

Oga,

Its obvious you have food and money to last you for at least 2 years of lockdown. Its not the same for others. Furthermore, it appears you either have a well paid job or thriving business that is why you wonder why others don't have savings. There are people (even graduates) who work for less than 40k a month...they feed, transport, pay rent and perform other duties from that stipend. Where is the savings? How about labourers who earn 2k a day, spend at least 1k during the hard work with little or nothing to take back home?

I have noticed that ppl who term themselves fortunate today tend to look down on others. I have also lived with a guy worth over N300 mil fall to the extent he couldn't pay electricity bills. Make I no even talk my own.

The fact that you have it good today doesn't make you smarter. You are just lucky. Bad hands never touch you. People are hungry out there. Be grateful.
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Insectkiller: 7:00pm On Apr 23, 2020
u11ae1013:
I hope it doesn't include lagos

I guess u meant FCT Abuja...because Lagos is part of 36 States of d federation.

grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Five Reasons Why Jonathan Lost- BBC / Full Text: President Buhari's Address On COVID-19 Lockdown On 27th April, 2020 / Bashir Gwandu, Yusuf Buhari’s Friend In Coma (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.