Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,472 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown (94581 Views)

PDP Crisis: Atiku, Wike Agree On 14-Member Panel / South-East Governors Agree To Establish Regional Community Police / FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by babatee1985(m): 8:26am On Apr 23, 2020
It's a welcome idea so far it is just interstate lockdown and not total lockdown. Now my question is will we be able to go with out normal businesses like before or we will just be free to go out only without opening our businesses?
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by ademujacob: 8:27am On Apr 23, 2020
IT SHALL BE WELL.
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by 1122miki: 8:30am On Apr 23, 2020
govt should not try this lockdown anymore.the lockdown strategy is not working so allow people to go to their businesses.
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Congonatty: 8:31am On Apr 23, 2020
sarrki:
Bitter pill

That needs to be chewed

Please stop the comparison with overseas countries

Are Nigeria citizens loyal , patriotic like other countries

Are we obidient?

"Obidient". To who?
To politicias thant don't care about their citizens

What is wrong with you
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by COVIK19: 8:34am On Apr 23, 2020
sarrki:
Bitter pill

That needs to be chewed

Are we obidient?
Bros people in America are disregarding instructions too, not only Nigeria
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Jonasbadoo(m): 8:34am On Apr 23, 2020
tatax:
Truth be told.. I wonder how many Nigerians don't have a saving to sustain them for just one or two months total lockdown so we can all beat this virus fast and go back to our normal lives. Everybody is complaining they are hungry, it leaves me wondering what the people did with their earnings. Does it mean Nigerians don't save up? Does it mean many Nigerians doesn't set funds aside for emergencies and worst case scenarios? These set of people have money to buy data and be flying their account numbers everywhere all over the internet. It's shameful to see. Don't get me wrong, there are real people who actually deserve this help and palliative but when majority wants to take advantage, then it's a problem. Now, you see the mentality of an average Nigerian; Entitlement.. Give such people public funds to manage, they will manage it with same mentality they have managed their personal funds, no savings and in situations of emergencies, they borrow or look for aids. Now, what's the difference between us and our leaders in relation to how we manage our resources? Aren't we who we criticize?

Now, those people who survived the Nigeria civil war for more than 3 years, how did they do it? Please let us collectively assist the government to curb the virus. The government have honestly failed us but we must be sincere also with ourselves and how we conduct our lives. Aviod going out, stay home let's atleast curb this virus and our lives will go back to normal.

We should all stop putting pressures on government to relax the lockdown knowing fully well what this virus can do. Let's allow these guys get it right because if finally the lockdown is lifted now, how will a place like lagos fare? Or we want people to start dropping dead on the streets or maybe overburden the medical practitioners? C'mon let us think guys.
I can see you are very senseless , do you think is everyone that has a means of saving , don't you know that most live from hand to mouth .. After all isn't Nigeria the poverty capital of the world??
I no go lie you dey very stupid ..
Because you feel you can withstand the outcome you're making noise ...
I pray you won't be in a situation you can't do anything about
This stupid govt copies western leaders in everything they do but they didn't see the part wey they credited almost every one's account to cushion this effects and others..
Your sense is truly far from you... Ewu Gambia

3 Likes

Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by AdaoraNK(f): 8:34am On Apr 23, 2020
Nationwide lock down without palliative will see revolution in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by deebrain(m): 8:35am On Apr 23, 2020
You guys should try and read before commenting.

They are talking about inter state movements. For 14 days, no interstate movements.

1 Like

Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by BleedTears: 8:36am On Apr 23, 2020
sarrki:

It’s a kind of war

But not conventional war

I have seen the effects of convid life

Am at the epic center of convid

It’s better to stay home so that we can see later

You asked someone to mention what he as a citizen has done in his house, area or local government as a citizen.

You how man people in your area have you given palliatives to help them stay in the house? That you're instigating lock down.

You can easily judge other people.
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Cotton(m): 8:36am On Apr 23, 2020
bugzygee:

is Nigeria a developed country?..mind u countries are now resuming normal activities while we claim lockdown.mtcheew
so because Nigeria is not a developed country we should not lock down? Please list how many countries have resumed normal activities. Your foolishness is a crime.
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by dolapo003: 8:42am On Apr 23, 2020
totit:

I wants to believe this has more to do with the state's borders
thank you o, it is like people don’t read, it is interstate that will be on lockdown not intrastate.
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by bamac(m): 8:42am On Apr 23, 2020
calculusx:
Nigerians are missing the main point (Interstate lockdown). This means FG will lift the lockdown on Monday and States will reopen and everyone get back to Normal life with compulsory wearing of facemask in Lagos when in the Public but NO INTERSTATE MOVEMENT
My fear is Police that will be Stationed at every State borders. Can they adhere to this? Don't also forget the invisible enemy is still out there.
I thought I was the one getting it wrong and kept re-reading the main content

1 Like

Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Nephilim: 8:43am On Apr 23, 2020
u11ae1013:
I hope it doesn't include lagos
lagos has been on lockdown since na Haba! Other states are just doing "notice me" but now they've officially agreed to go in the way of Lagos, Abuja and PHC.
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by fortran12: 8:43am On Apr 23, 2020
globalresource:
3 things needed from the Government (FG (mostly)and States)

And we should be transparent, proactive and accountable for once

1. Massive Testing

2. Palliatives to assist citizenry (set aside politics and ethnicity for once and get this right)

3. Tight security of lives and properties

Massive testing to achieve with which kits? Nigeria is poor, if they even manage the feed the entire populace how about bail outs for the companies that have closed? Can they ever pull that off? How many police officers does Nigeria have that they will secure the whole of the country.
If the lock down continues, there will be famine once its over, you cannot eradicate the virus, it can be managed, also the virus death rate is too low to shut down a country over, there are countries that flattened the curve without shutting down their people.
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Emmyj2g: 8:44am On Apr 23, 2020
If the state government and federal government can not credit every Nigerians account they should forget it. No one will stay indoor!! Las las let the Covid-19 finish everyone starting from the top.
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by BleedTears: 8:44am On Apr 23, 2020
sarrki:
Bitter pill

That needs to be chewed

Are we obidient?

Nigerian citizens aren't loyal patriotic and obidient like other countries can you compare and contrast?
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Iamtoowise: 8:44am On Apr 23, 2020
alphaRego01:
If the strength we use to rely on all this fake news was real strength, buhari would not be de president of Nigeria.... We african,were made to suffer.the whites keep telling us this,buh we dont understand

You were made to suffer, don't use the word 'us'.

Are your leaders not Africans?
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by success2010: 8:45am On Apr 23, 2020
If only they could see the bigger picture of what is coming by this unscientific lock-down,they would have devised a different solution to the problem.
We cannot solve this problem the American and European ways cos we are in different culture,environment.
Same resources not available here.
Thank God this is a test of intelligence capacity for this inept political dealers
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Saintbusco1(m): 8:45am On Apr 23, 2020
[quote author=Danniedpastor post=88753896][/quote] the rate at which some people use to decode message is really a sorry case... How on Earth am I supporting govt or taking sides with APC? Craziness is when you believe you alone in this trying period... Every single middle-class and average Nigerians are affected... Just adapt to the situation simple... If you are taking three meals a day before, change it to two, if you are taking bread and tea, change it to bread and groundnut, if you are taking full chicken, change it to egg... Sha stay home and stay alive... I know it's really hard on us but this is a situation u can't fault the government only if you don't value your existence

1 Like

Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Jonasbadoo(m): 8:47am On Apr 23, 2020
Cotton:
so because Nigeria is not a developed country we should not lock down? Please list how many countries have resumed normal activities. Your foolishness is a crime.
you're the foolish one here if you don't know
Most European countries are relaxing their lockdown measures and you're here saying nonsense
What reasonable thing has the government done to ensure we can stay at home?
No money ,food or even free light self
Abeg shut the Bleep up

1 Like

Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by letitrainnow(m): 8:47am On Apr 23, 2020
Lord have mercy.
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by bamac(m): 8:49am On Apr 23, 2020
mmaster:
[color=#770077][/color]
YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON THAT UNDERSTAND WHAT IS BEING SAID. WHEN THEY SAID INTERSTATE, IT MEANS NO MOVEMENT FROM OME STATE TO THE OTHER, THEY DON'T MEAN, NO MOVEMENT WITHIN A STATE. MOST PEOPLE JUST READ, THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND
I guess people are hungry and the strength to read long lines has left many of us. Many live on daily income which isn't even enough, anything lockdown sounds like death to us. If companies are telling their employees to forget May salary and accept paycut for this current month then nobody is even safe. Our government might need to look so another solution, that of western world is failing us. If those in the western world with all palliatives are protesting then we here, I don't even know what to say. May God help us to heal Nigeria and the world.

1 Like

Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Roon9(m): 8:49am On Apr 23, 2020
sarrki:

It’s a kind of war

But not conventional war

I have seen the effects of convid life

Am at the epic center of convid

It’s better to stay home so that we can see later

People don't know this...
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by sayso: 8:52am On Apr 23, 2020
Three main places of concern, Markets, Churches and Schools. The firrt is being worked on, but the last two will open by Feb 2021 post covid 19 vaccine. Brace up people,we are just warming up.
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by geosuzzy(f): 8:59am On Apr 23, 2020
Over here people are moving out already regulated tho

2 Likes

Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 23, 2020
Cotton:
Denmark,Austria, Switzerland,Germany,norway,china even Ghana have started resuming activities..some beaches in America are also opened..before coming out to type stupid things,do ur research

1 Like

Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Nobody: 9:02am On Apr 23, 2020
Jonasbadoo:
you're the foolish one here if you don't know
Most European countries are relaxing their lockdown measures and you're here saying nonsense
What reasonable thing has the government done to ensure we can stay at home?
No money ,food or even free light self
Abeg shut the Bleep up

no mind am jare...not everyone thinks before they type
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by seunpinky(m): 9:08am On Apr 23, 2020
So what happens to workers that lives in sango, mowe, ibafo and work in Lagos.
What also happens to majority of the workers in Abuja that lives in maraba, suleja?
Just asking for knowledge sakes

calculusx:
Nigerians are missing the main point (Interstate lockdown). This means FG will lift the lockdown on Monday and States will reopen and everyone get back to Normal life with compulsory wearing of facemask in Lagos when in the Public but NO INTERSTATE MOVEMENT
My fear is Police that will be Stationed at every State borders. Can they adhere to this? Don't also forget the invisible enemy is still out there.
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by asiwajumi(m): 9:09am On Apr 23, 2020
VaselineCrew:
Lagos would be on look down for 5 weeks this coming Monday.

Are you saying they want to make it 7 weeks
is it not same Lagos where people are working around doing their normal businesses? If na war nobody go teach una ..no wahala if e come no be one person issue na for all..peace
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Reference(m): 9:10am On Apr 23, 2020
bugzygee:

Denmark,Austria, Switzerland,Germany,norway,china even Ghana have started resuming activities..some beaches in America are also opened..before coming out to type stupid things,do ur research

Schools in Germnay are resuming. Nigeria waited for the children of the rich to return before shutting down our borders thus letting the virus in. Now the children of the rich will sneak out of the country and back to school while the children of the masses may not see the four walls of a classroom again this year.

By the time the dust is settled your kids will be leagues behind theirs. And we still have people who sit down and hail them instead of charting their own destiny. I warned months ago of the consequences of Nigeria being at the end of the queue of nations affected by this pandemic.

3 Likes

Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by ebesco1(m): 9:14am On Apr 23, 2020
Jonasbadoo:
I can see you are very senseless , do you think is everyone that has a means of saving , don't you know that most live from hand to mouth .. After all isn't Nigeria the poverty capital of the world??
I no go lie you dey very stupid ..
Because you feel you can withstand the outcome you're making noise ...
I pray you won't be in a situation you can't do anything about
This stupid govt copies western leaders in everything they do but they didn't see the part wey they credited almost every one's account to cushion this effects and others..
Your sense is truly far from you... Ewu Gambia
Don't mind him it is not his fault. Just because he has a good paying job or a well setup biz na him make am dey run him mouth i no blame am.
He should be thanking God for what God have giving to him not come here and mock people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Five Reasons Why Jonathan Lost- BBC / Full Text: President Buhari's Address On COVID-19 Lockdown On 27th April, 2020 / Bashir Gwandu, Yusuf Buhari’s Friend In Coma (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.