Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,764 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

I Need Advice, Am I Right In Quiting This Serious Relationship After Three Years - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Need Advice, Am I Right In Quiting This Serious Relationship After Three Years (1236 Views)

When Your Girlfriend Denies You Right In Your Presence... / No Sh*t!!..am Quiting This Relationship!! / My GF Cheated On Me, Caught Her Right In The Action...see How She Apologised (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice, Am I Right In Quiting This Serious Relationship After Three Years by kedkngo(m): 6:54pm On Jun 07, 2007
Please I need advice. I have a fiancee who I met about three years ago. She is an undergraduate schooling in Eastern Nigeria, while I am working in western Nigeria. We have been planning our formal marriage to take place this year end. Before we met, she had a boyfriend though she said the guy has not proposed marriage to her. I proposed marriage and she accepted and quit the other guy who graduated from her school.
After a year, we had a serious disagreement after which i learnt from her that she invited her ex to appologise for dumping him, that she equally slept with him though she had no sex with him. I accepted her and we reconciled and continued. This year, recently, she informed me one night that she is ill and cannot sleep alone in her rented appartment, that she is sleeping with a post graduate student friend of hers(man). I became very furious and warned her not to call me again that the relationship is over.
She called my line severally but i maintained my ground. Please can anybody advise me.
Re: I Need Advice, Am I Right In Quiting This Serious Relationship After Three Years by oreofemi(f): 7:04pm On Jun 07, 2007
You are what i cannot call you,simply because the girl slept with another man .is that why you said the relationship is over,i cant believe an human being can say that,its not that am yelling at you,but you should think about it yourself, things are not done that way what has the girl done to you before this time? you should have told her to go before this coincident ,well, its your life , do it the way you want ,the only advice i will give you is that ,go and apologise to the girl and if you feel you cannot do that,then do whatever pleases you.i said this because you asked for an advice. wink
Re: I Need Advice, Am I Right In Quiting This Serious Relationship After Three Years by niceuzor: 7:20pm On Jun 07, 2007
oreofemi you have spoken well wink i think its left for him to decide

A word is enough a the wise!

@topic

Cute-Ass where re you now,Someone is in trouble oh!
Re: I Need Advice, Am I Right In Quiting This Serious Relationship After Three Years by OmoEko1(f): 7:21pm On Jun 07, 2007
niceuzor:

Cute-Ass where re you now,Someone is in trouble oh!
My sweetie is busy kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: I Need Advice, Am I Right In Quiting This Serious Relationship After Three Years by niceuzor: 7:26pm On Jun 07, 2007
shocked Omo Eko how Busy is she? cant u see someone is in trouble here!

BTW:

Omo is its true that u will soon be getting married? smiley

abeg make u invite me make i come chop rice oh.
Re: I Need Advice, Am I Right In Quiting This Serious Relationship After Three Years by oreofemi(f): 7:36pm On Jun 07, 2007
we wey no fit come, we go dey collect our rice through express mail.
Re: I Need Advice, Am I Right In Quiting This Serious Relationship After Three Years by niceuzor: 7:41pm On Jun 07, 2007
O girl which one come bi u own 4 inside na grin

i was only refering to Omo-eko not you, Or bi u don dey like my style

e no bad sha u re alway welcome, kiss
Re: I Need Advice, Am I Right In Quiting This Serious Relationship After Three Years by kingsleyi1(m): 7:42pm On Jun 07, 2007
please spammers, beware, advice is seriously needed here not compliments.
Re: I Need Advice, Am I Right In Quiting This Serious Relationship After Three Years by niceuzor: 7:49pm On Jun 07, 2007
Instigator i guess sad
Re: I Need Advice, Am I Right In Quiting This Serious Relationship After Three Years by kingsleyi1(m): 7:53pm On Jun 07, 2007
grin instigating who and who?

@kedkngo
please look wello cos gals nowadays dey fuunyoo most of them are "kiss and tell"
Re: I Need Advice, Am I Right In Quiting This Serious Relationship After Three Years by SweetT1: 9:44pm On Jun 07, 2007
@Omo-Eko
What's up with you and cutebutt (ass)?? I hope this ain't one of them lesbian type $#!T !
Re: I Need Advice, Am I Right In Quiting This Serious Relationship After Three Years by fekuti: 10:18pm On Jun 07, 2007
never that sweetT
i keep it wet.
Re: I Need Advice, Am I Right In Quiting This Serious Relationship After Three Years by cuteass1(f): 9:33am On Jun 08, 2007
@ kedkngo

Well i would have blamed you sha but i'll pass, why?? one thing does lead to another. Obviously you love this girl very much but some circumstances are making you doubt her trust, you're human so its perfectly understandable. You were acting out on the account of what had happened earlier that you hadn't tackled.

Her case of sleeping with a friend isn't such a thing unheard of, it might result to something else, but there are friends that could pass for your siblings, i admire the fact that she told you about it too before hand, what you could or should have done instead of enforcing an ultimatum was ask her not to stay over at a guy's place, not because you don't trust her, but hormones can be pretty decieving. You make your partner see reasons with you, offer a solution if you find one fit. Don't just tell her off sad

One thing that called my attention though was the "ex" thingy, did she tell you why she did what she did?? Why did it have to be when you guys had a misunderstanding?? I know girls can be dubious when they're vulnerable, just quarrelled with their boyfriends, i know i have, but does she have another motive behind it??

You guys have to talk . . sit her down and request her uttmost sincereity, look her in the eyes and remind her that "marriage" isn't a one year's contract, it should be for life. So both parties should be sure of what they want, is she really really in love with you, want to marry you and no one else?? Is she with you beacuse her "ex" didn't propose?? After she apologised to him, why did he sleep over?? Does she still have some known or unknown feelings?? Is she 100% happy where she is (in your arms)?? The grounds on which you're breaking up, is not yet solid.

Read out the truth from what she has to say, maybe she just wanted to make up with her past and give it a final and amicable closure, maybe she was just being a girl or maybe something yet to be read is written all over it - - - you got to find out what it is, anyone who's dating someone that has had an "ex", is countable for that kind of "wondering"  - - - - it could have been you in her shoes wink Cut her a slack, I do think she loves you, does she love you enough?? Find out dear!!! Nairalanders can only help you to an extent, but you have to walk the mile . . its love.
Re: I Need Advice, Am I Right In Quiting This Serious Relationship After Three Years by cuteass1(f): 9:41am On Jun 08, 2007
Omo Eko:

My sweetie is busy kiss kiss kiss kiss

I know i can always count on you, thats as sure as the sun shall shine kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: I Need Advice, Am I Right In Quiting This Serious Relationship After Three Years by kingsleyi1(m): 9:53am On Jun 08, 2007
Dear Cut-ass,
you are a blessing to nairaland. am highly educated by your advice. I can tell you she loves me. but the "ex" stuff is putting an impedement to my trust for her.
once again, thanks a million.

I can see why they beconed on you for your candid interventin. You are the Queen of the house(nairaland) cheers. smiley
Re: I Need Advice, Am I Right In Quiting This Serious Relationship After Three Years by kedkngo(m): 10:08am On Jun 08, 2007
@cute-ass

ur advice is round peg in a round hole. kudos

please i need more.
Re: I Need Advice, Am I Right In Quiting This Serious Relationship After Three Years by niceuzor: 12:06pm On Jun 08, 2007
shocked wow cheesy cheesy i said it i said she is a bomb wink

check out the pleasant advice she just delivered

Cute-ass you are bless! wink More Kudos.
Re: I Need Advice, Am I Right In Quiting This Serious Relationship After Three Years by OmoEko1(f): 9:55pm On Jun 08, 2007
niceuzor:

shocked Omo Eko how Busy is she? can't u see someone is in trouble here!

BTW:

Omo is its true that u will soon be getting married? smiley

abeg make u invite me make i come chop rice oh.
No my brother oh wink wink but 2yrs from now sha. May God be with us both since then.

OLE grin ;Dfor food only tongue tongue
Re: I Need Advice, Am I Right In Quiting This Serious Relationship After Three Years by anabell(f): 10:15pm On Jun 08, 2007
@topic, CUTE ASS has said it all!GOODLUCK
Re: I Need Advice, Am I Right In Quiting This Serious Relationship After Three Years by OmoEko1(f): 10:20pm On Jun 08, 2007
Sweet T:

@Omo-Eko
What's up with you and cutebutt (ass)?? I hope this ain't one of them lesbian type $#!T !
Lesbo for where shocked shocked shocked abeg oh,but cute-ass happens to be a very good friend of mine kiss kiss kiss she's my sweetie kiss kiss kiss
Re: I Need Advice, Am I Right In Quiting This Serious Relationship After Three Years by SweetT1: 10:43pm On Jun 08, 2007
@Omo-eko
She is your sweetie?? Yeah right, that's how it start !
Re: I Need Advice, Am I Right In Quiting This Serious Relationship After Three Years by OmoEko1(f): 10:45pm On Jun 08, 2007
LOL you people are very funny sha grin grin grin can't i have a close friend who happens to be a FEMALE shocked shocked shocked, btw she's always gonna be my sweetie kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: I Need Advice, Am I Right In Quiting This Serious Relationship After Three Years by SweetT1: 10:47pm On Jun 08, 2007
huh huh !
Re: I Need Advice, Am I Right In Quiting This Serious Relationship After Three Years by SweetT1: 10:48pm On Jun 08, 2007
It start from my sweetie to my close friend, next it will be my partner !
Re: I Need Advice, Am I Right In Quiting This Serious Relationship After Three Years by OmoEko1(f): 11:05pm On Jun 08, 2007
oh plz grin grin grin grin
Re: I Need Advice, Am I Right In Quiting This Serious Relationship After Three Years by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:13am On Jun 09, 2007
its obvious you met her dating someone, but still decided to ask her hand in marriage. so don't complain if she is leaving you or cheating on you. KARMA. angry
Re: I Need Advice, Am I Right In Quiting This Serious Relationship After Three Years by engee2(f): 12:16pm On Jun 09, 2007
udo u eve trust ur girl? becos if after 3 yrs u still dnt know wat she can do, then its not worth been in. just pick her calls and hear her out u can neve tell
Re: I Need Advice, Am I Right In Quiting This Serious Relationship After Three Years by ozoneflake(m): 7:16pm On Jun 09, 2007
Oreofemi pleeeeaaasseee! The guy said they agreed to get married. Therefore only a fool will be blind to read the clear hand writing on the wall. Bros you are a man. ONE GOOD SLEEP DESERVES ANOTHER. If she goes about sleeping with poeple when you have already told her your intention to marry her, just quit. She will not change.
Re: I Need Advice, Am I Right In Quiting This Serious Relationship After Three Years by desodgi(m): 1:48pm On Jun 10, 2007
All this y'all posting is wot you think. Wait till it happens to you. . .  grin
Re: I Need Advice, Am I Right In Quiting This Serious Relationship After Three Years by Maximax(m): 5:46pm On Jun 13, 2007
ozoneflake:

Oreofemi pleeeeaaasseee! The guy said they agreed to get married. Therefore only a fool will be blind to read the clear hand writing on the wall. Bros you are a man. ONE GOOD SLEEP DESERVES ANOTHER. If she goes about sleeping with poeple when you have already told her your intention to marry her, just quit. She will not change.

, Good advice.
Re: I Need Advice, Am I Right In Quiting This Serious Relationship After Three Years by ajayi1(m): 5:56pm On Jun 13, 2007
You have gotten the best advise

(1) (Reply)

Men Wld U Date/marry An Independent Lady / Will You Still Marry Her? (true Life Story) / Please Advice Me On This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.