Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,432 members, 7,850,522 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:16 AM

The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon (7340 Views)

So The Fine Black Queens Have Started Marrying Old White Men Too? / The Lady Who Wrote A Letter To All The Fine Boys In Her Church Explains Herself / Young Lady Writes To All The Fine Boys In Her Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by pansophist(m): 10:36am On May 02, 2020
Magnoliaa:

You agreed that men perpetrate violence against themselves then.

Sure. Just like how women also helped preserve the human race from going extinct and we are here. They kept the social world and other non-physical aspect that makes us us.

And there's a Rosa Parks in history too. Just saying.

Great. We have moved here all the way from the previous eras. And all you just described isn't patriarchy? Yes, men did all those and more. So what's that? Men marry women through bride price, the woman goes to live in the family's house, things are only passed down through the father's line, only his name is recognized, etc. That is not patriarchy?

You actually used the term I was about to give you first lol. You're the intellectually dishonest one here. I'm surprised, for all you know and how your present your views, you say patriarchy isn't real. That's always been your stance. Even the other men on here do not deny that. You tried to discredit feminism. Talking about how men have it worse. And I say they are not on the same path at all. Your words, ''what about the boys? What about the countless men killed by boko haram?'' prompted me mentioning that men are responsible for these things. It's a part of the issue - toxic masculinity. You make things look as if there's a collective bias against men in these situations.

Were those behaviours necessary? Yes. Healthy? No.

I don't know what you're doing here. Shameful way, selfish, inconsiderate, bla bla bla... Your perception is colouring how you're interpreting my words. It is what it is. I am saying what is. That's how it happened. I'm not disputing the reasons, and effects and all that. My messages are simple and straightforward. The main reason I quoted you was because of you trying to invalidate feminism and place patriarchy side by side with matriarchy. Or are you saying women should keep quiet because men are going through worse? Boys are being killed by boko haram? Same men kill men and women. So what's your point? Addressing the issue of men being more violent reduces the number of men at the receiving end also.

Is the everyday life in a city filled with danger and perilous? Is strength the only important attribute for survival?

On other things you said, believe what you want.

Yes, they do. That is for *women who knows*. Lesser than the number of women out there who are ignorant, repressed and just allow.

And then how many men are actually good? And what's your point here? Does it change the fact that it boosts their ego?

I'm a woman, so I should know things about women, who are the receivers in this case.

@ bolded. So you know this. Why are women not sexually satisfied? You think if they have considerate and selfless partners who put them first, they wouldn't be? (p.s, you do not necessarily need all those external enhancers to enjoy sex). Sex has always been something a man take. Women demanding for more, and the increase of that is fairly new. Do men not brag about their conquests? undecided How well they can hook a woman with mindblowing sex?? I don't get why you are arguing this, I swear. The 'conquering' of a woman is tied to their ego! Gosh. Women fake orgasm for that reason. In time past (even till now), your ability to impregnate a woman is tied to the respect you get from your kinsfolk. In the community. Isn't a man's ability to provide for a woman tied to his self-worth? Is this too hard to...

And another one. Yehh, I'm arguing blindly here. So darn right.

Just stop here ohh. Do not reply at all.

Don't.i beg you. How could it make sense na. Matriachy that you can't prove. I don't care for the hows, whys, and other considerations in this discussion (I didn't say they are unimportant, unnecessary now), you quoted funmisticqueen trying to show how matriarchy exist and its working against men. You were trying to mirror, or what did you say.

That's what I contended.

It's as straightforward as that. They are not same. And don't operate at the same rate...

No, It don't make any sense to posit that men perpetrate violence against themselves, just as it doesn't make any sense by saying, women kill themselves by maternal mortality. What we as humans can do is to reduce unnecessary suffering, which has led to the reduction of war globally compared to preceding centuries, and the lower state of maternal mortality. And I repeat, if men did not put their life in the front line, humanity will not have gone this far. You are downplaying men's contribution that made your life awesome, which is not surprising, as downplaying the importance of men is a needed approach to feel like a victim. keep it up.

Yes, my stance is that the teaching of patriarchy isn't real, and it is nonsense. Though, I can see that we both get the definition of patriarchy different. If you interpreted patriarchy the way feminist does, which is that its a system designed and structured to oppress women (inferring that it is a deliberate act), then I do not agree with it, and it is total rubbish. If you define patriarchy as the traditional way society evolved to the present, such as inherited paternal name, paying of bride price (which is a cultural ritual as oppose to buying a woman as feminist described), men defending women and women being a primary caregiver, then yes, I will agree with you that patriarchy is a thing. Judging thousands, if not millions of years of gender interaction from the standards of today is wrong. For example, the killing of twins used to a culture in Calabar, until it was put to stop by mary Slessor, will you say it is willful oppression, or it was due to the ignorance and unexposure of those community? Should present-day twins start a movement to feel like an entitled victim because of errors of the past which were not deliberate? That is the problem with feminism.

What has toxic masculinity has to do with boys being the victims of Boko haram? Can you explain what toxic masculinity means to you? Also, can you explain also what toxic femininity means to you as well? Do not skip this part. I need answers on this.

I mirrored matriarchy with patriarchy in my response to fummisticqueen because feminist tends to think in terms of binary, such as the oppressor and oppressed, patriarchy and matriarchy (which you acknowledged as a thing), privileged and unprivileged, etc. I am not inferring that such societies are matriarchy or patriarchy. The message I am trying to pass with such a mirroring approach is that in any patriarchal (or matriarchial) society, there will be situations where the so-called privileged are disadvantaged. In the so-called patriarchy, men are passing through hell, and the so-called victims (women) have it better. A LOT. Also, I am not against advancing women's development, but what I am against is downplaying men suffering, blaming it on them, and labeling the cause as toxic masculinity. If men dying to defend their land, so you can live in peace is toxic masculinity, then I do not know what to make of it. Just as I will not say that maternal death is toxic femininity, after all, females are given birth for their own ego. Does this actually make any sense to you? Na waaa oo

Everyday city life is not filled with danger and is not perilous, due to male sacrificed, which you either deliberately refuse to see, or refuse to acknowledge. That you can just order for food online, go grocery shopping, and drive to the cinema have been sacrificed and built by the blood and ingenuity of men. The everyday city is not perilous because the animals that probably would have killed you have been tamed, given a reserved separately from human habitations. Your favorite shoes have been delivered by men who spent months in vessels shipping it from one continent to the other, some dying in the process. From the cellphone you use, the water and purifying it, and maintaining the ''non-perilous'' city life has men working tirelessly in the background''. Workplace death is over 90% men, and because it is not your reality, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Once again, you downplay men's contributions that make your life good, and that is what dents feminism.

Ok, so now you are not saying that women want good sex from men, but that only a few women ''that knows'' want good sex? You said earlier that men satisfy women sexually because of their ego, why changing your narrative now? Why shifting the goalpost? Women want good sex from men, period. because few men can actually satisfy doesn't invalidate this timeless truism. Of course, when a man can satisfy her women sexually, it is a good feeling (or an ego boost as you label it), which is nothing wrong in itself. Just as women feel good when they look beautiful and desirable, why shouldn't men feel the same? What exactly is wrong with good feelings (or ego boost as you call it), can you explain?

In the past, the ability to give childbirth is an ego boost for women, so what is wrong when a man is biologically suitable enough to impregnate a woman? what is the ego you keep screaming about? what is wrong with it? If I am a woman and my womb is working enough to give birth to a child, I will be happy and have a healthy dose of an ego boost. Also, you keep making the mistake of judging past societies with today's standards, can you move on? Men have never put the responsibility of reaching their sexual satisfaction on women. Most men satisfy themselves, by themselves, why do women put the responsibility for their sexual satisfaction on men? why fake orgasm? you don't have to. If I fake orgasm, is it women's fault too? can you be responsible?

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Magnoliaa(f): 10:36am On May 02, 2020
solite3:
you are not bright at all, reread the post again. Like I said, you lack comprehension seriously.

was that the only thing in my initial post? The reason I brought up the differences in men and women was because of something op wrote.

I have addressed this before. Masculinity or Femininity was never the problem. Society distinguishes between male and female because that is the right thing or would you rather they stop teaching biology in schools?

you know nothing, I never said feminism is transgenderism, learn to comprehend something before quoting.

Lmaoo. You advised I stop quoting you? What again?

See, I'm the dullest person on this site. Dumber than a kid in kindergarten. So, you'll just be arguing with a dead stump. That's good with you?

Nawa. Am I obliged to quote everything you said? Yes, I picked up the part I didn't agree with and I agreed with some of the things you said sef. You made some sense, but it wasn't against the OP.

So, when I said a 'lack of difference' between the sexes is not the problem with society, because we've always been different and yet the society is still this way, and you say blurring the lines between gender roles is the problem of the society. Nope. It isn't. The society's always been in a flux, not good or bad and will continue to remain so, whether in a genderless world, or in a gender-divisive world. This is my last mention to you on this.

We are products of nature and nurture. Therefore, it's safe to conclude that not all of our behaviours are biologically dictated. That includes some gender behaviours we've come to accept as normal, includes some 'masculinity and femininity' attributes. We have problems relating to gender now because some attitudes were thrusted on us.
Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by mrpaedo(m): 11:09am On May 02, 2020
I wish I could flog all the men arguing with women logically on this thread undecided
Don't you all know all these women who talk about patriachy, feminism and other isms constantly are physically unattractive,bitter single mothers,evening newspapers and disillusioned,bored married women? undecided
Ignore them! It is a shit test angry

11 Likes

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Magnoliaa(f): 11:36am On May 02, 2020
Kingarthur21:
why are you bent on discrediting men claim of matriarchy?why don't feminists focus on laying out their case against patriarchy, fighting for liberation and leaving men to lay out whatever case they have against matriarchy?

Alright. And I'm asking for a proof of matriarchy just like patriarchy is. I want to learn. Any educational/expert article on it? Do you think matriarchy and patriarchy can be dominant at the same time?

You feminists making feminism gynocentric, for the women alone,your fight and focus for women,you didn't include men plight,we should sort ourselves and form our own rights movement (I get this when I try to tell feminists that men and women also suffer and they should see things from both sides but the snap back that we should start our own movements). Now guys are laying their plights you are subtly silencing then with the
1)you can't compare men plight with ladies plight,they are lesser.

BECAUSE you always bring your plights up when women's are in the focus. The intent is always to divert attention away from women's, am I wrong? So much of history has been through men's perspective, they did things, like actually invented. And lived (because AFTER we longer need war, strength and protection from the wild, men still continued to dominate.)

See, I honestly cannot go into this right now. You can educate yourself. Education, career, family, health, religion, society, traditional practices -- there are more bias against women than men in these places.

2)are men plight not caused by men?

Yes. Is it untrue? So, feminists are against patriarchy, and your plights are caused by patriachy... You talk of how much disservice was done to men. And are women the perpetrators of all that? Is it not men you should face then? I'm only telling you to focus on the real issue and channel the energy into a right, productive place. In the real world, is there a systematic oppression and rule, established by women, in different hierarchies and discrimination against men, killing and torture of men by women, exclusion of men by women from doing things, a widespread of women in sectors, etc, etc ...?

3)all men suffer is to boost their ego,they go through it because it is attached to their worth.
So if we are to go by this logic,all women suffer ranging from enduring domestic violence at home,submissiveness and infidelity she does so because it is attached to her worth ie ability to keep a marriage,thus she shouldn't call it oppression, we should what she does to keep her home ,it is for herself?

Yes, a woman doing all that is because her worth is attached to it (it's not something inborn though). Those things men do to boost their egos can also be detrimental to themselves. The gender roles/conformity can be oppressive to both.

On the sex being what men take,you are changing your mouth,I have seen a post in the past where you said if men and women have sex none used each other,they both enjoyed themselves.

Okay, let me clarify. Sex is something men take, but it shouldn't be so. Sex is something that is done to a woman, but it ought not to be so. When two adults have sex, the men usually go bragging about how they do this and that to her, the women end up feeling dumped... And I'm saying, if you both have sex, no one was used - contrary to people's perception.

Might be my last response to all of this...

1 Like

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Kingarthur21: 12:44pm On May 02, 2020
pansophist:

No, It don't make any sense to posit that men perpetrate violence against themselves, just as it doesn't make any sense by saying, women kill themselves by maternal mortality. What we as humans can do is to reduce unnecessary suffering, which has led to the reduction of war globally compared to preceding centuries, and the lower state of maternal mortality. And I repeat, if men did not put their life in the front line, humanity will not have gone this far. You are downplaying men's contribution that made your life awesome, which is not surprising, as downplaying the importance of men is a needed approach to feel like a victim. keep it up.

Yes, my stance is that the teaching of patriarchy isn't real, and it is nonsense. Though, I can see that we both get the definition of patriarchy different. If you interpreted patriarchy the way feminist does, which is that its a system designed and structured to oppress women (inferring that it is a deliberate act), then I do not agree with it, and it is total rubbish. If you define patriarchy as the traditional way society evolved to the present, such as inherited paternal name, paying of bride price (which is a cultural ritual as oppose to buying a woman as feminist described), men defending women and women being a primary caregiver, then yes, I will agree with you that patriarchy is a thing. Judging thousands, if not millions of years of gender interaction from the standards of today is wrong. For example, the killing of twins used to a culture in Calabar, until it was put to stop by mary Slessor, will you say it is willful oppression, or it was due to the ignorance and unexposure of those community? Should present-day twins start a movement to feel like an entitled victim because of errors of the past which were not deliberate? That is the problem with feminism.

What has toxic masculinity has to do with boys being the victims of Boko haram? Can you explain what toxic masculinity means to you? Also, can you explain also what toxic femininity means to you as well? Do not skip this part. I need answers on this.

I mirrored matriarchy with patriarchy in my response to fummisticqueen because feminist tends to think in terms of binary, such as the oppressor and oppressed, patriarchy and matriarchy (which you acknowledged as a thing), privileged and unprivileged, etc. I am not inferring that such societies are matriarchy or patriarchy. The message I am trying to pass with such a mirroring approach is that in any patriarchal (or matriarchial) society, there will be situations where the so-called privileged are disadvantaged. In the so-called patriarchy, men are passing through hell, and the so-called victims (women) have it better. A LOT. Also, I am not against advancing women's development, but what I am against is downplaying men suffering, blaming it on them, and labeling the cause as toxic masculinity. If men dying to defend their land, so you can live in peace is toxic masculinity, then I do not know what to make of it. Just as I will not say that maternal death is toxic femininity, after all, females are given birth for their own ego. Does this actually make any sense to you? Na waaa oo

Everyday city life is not filled with danger and is not perilous, due to male sacrificed, which you either deliberately refuse to see, or refuse to acknowledge. That you can just order for food online, go grocery shopping, and drive to the cinema have been sacrificed and built by the blood and ingenuity of men. The everyday city is not perilous because the animals that probably would have killed you have been tamed, given a reserved separately from human habitations. Your favorite shoes have been delivered by men who spent months in vessels shipping it from one continent to the other, some dying in the process. From the cellphone you use, the water and purifying it, and maintaining the ''non-perilous'' city life has men working tirelessly in the background''. Workplace death is over 90% men, and because it is not your reality, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Once again, you downplay men's contributions that make your life good, and that is what dents feminism.

Ok, so now you are not saying that women want good sex from men, but that only a few women ''that knows'' want good sex? You said earlier that men satisfy women sexually because of their ego, why changing your narrative now? Why shifting the goalpost? Women want good sex from men, period. because few men can actually satisfy doesn't invalidate this timeless truism. Of course, when a man can satisfy her women sexually, it is a good feeling (or an ego boost as you label it), which is nothing wrong in itself. Just as women feel good when they look beautiful and desirable, why shouldn't men feel the same? What exactly is wrong with good feelings (or ego boost as you call it), can you explain?

In the past, the ability to give childbirth is an ego boost for women, so what is wrong when a man is biologically suitable enough to impregnate a woman? what is the ego you keep screaming about? what is wrong with it? If I am a woman and my womb is working enough to give birth to a child, I will be happy and have a healthy dose of an ego boost. Also, you keep making the mistake of judging past societies with today's standards, can you move on? Men have never put the responsibility of reaching their sexual satisfaction on women. Most men satisfy themselves, by themselves, why do women put the responsibility for their sexual satisfaction on men? why fake orgasm? you don't have to. If I fake orgasm, is it women's fault too? can you be responsible?

To be honest I don't understand magnoliaa goal shifting.

When patriarchy is defined it is defined in terms of toxic masculinity and not chivalry.
Patriarchy is only portrayed as oppressive to women. They have a biased definition of patriarchy.

Captain-save-a-hoe never pays ,to women men are oppressors.

4 Likes

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Farki: 12:50pm On May 02, 2020
Ishilove:

I will tell you something that sounds even more twisted. Your average Nigerian woman will lose respect for you if you respect her or other women in her presence. She will quickly label you soft, woman wrapper, weak, gay, "this one wife go dey control am", "na man be this?", or just plain mugu.

shocked shocked shocked

This is the so on point. Girls have called me 'gay', 'too cool' and 'too nice' because I don't do the things girls and online feminists claim to hate. I have seen guys hiss and call women prostitutes to their faces yet they still get their numbers. It is so bizarre that the women I have the most success with are the ones I treated like 'sexual objects'. What online feminists claim you shouldn't do like grab a girl's ass early on in the relationship or make sexual comments on the first meeting just got me further with women. It's like I'll just do the opposite of what they say.

The easiest way to get a girl to lose interest is to treat her nicely.

1 Like

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by CovenHighPriest: 12:57pm On May 02, 2020
pansophist:

First time i am commenting on an post talk more of posting on a thread and i was literally clapping my hands throughout this post. You Sir have earned a follower #Respect

5 Likes

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by pansophist(m): 12:59pm On May 02, 2020
CovenHighPriest:

First time i am commenting on an post talk more of posting on a thread and i was literally clapping my hands throughout this post. You Sir have earned a follower #Respect

I am honored, thank you very much for the accolades.

3 Likes

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Jullima(f): 1:04pm On May 02, 2020
Farki:

shocked shocked shocked

This is the so on point. Girls have called me 'gay', 'too cool' and 'too nice' because I don't do the things girls and online feminists claim to hate. I have seen guys hiss and call women prostitutes to their faces yet they still get their numbers. It is so bizarre that the women I have the most success with are the ones I treated like 'sexual objects'. What online feminists claim you shouldn't do like grab a girl's ass early on in the relationship or make sexual comments on the first meeting just got me further with women. It's like I'll just do the opposite of what they say.

The easiest way to get a girl to lose interest is to treat her nicely.

It’s because those are the type of girls you seek. Young and immature or girls with very low self-esteem. A Normal well adjusted woman will never agree to date a man that treats her horribly. It’s one thing to start dating someone that pretends to be a nice guy then changes in the course of the relationship and the girl still stays. But to be approached with a bad character, no normal girl will agree to date such.

Also, how many girls have you spoken to, to make such generalisation? There are millions of 18-25 year old girls in Nigeria, have you spoken to 100?

4 Likes

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by pansophist(m): 1:12pm On May 02, 2020
mrpaedo:
I wish I could flog all the men arguing with women logically on this thread undecided
Don't you all know all these women who talk about patriachy, feminism and other isms constantly are physically unattractive,bitter single mothers,evening newspapers and disillusioned,bored married women? undecided
Ignore them! It is a shit test angry

Bro, if you noticed my behavior on this forum, I don't usually engage with women a lot, unless the ones that have proven to have common sense and not have drunk from the wellspring of post-modern stupidity. The few ladies I engage with are MichelleKabod (extinct moniker), Ariza, Angela62 etc. Respect for the aforementioned.

I decided to engage them because of the necessity for a balance. If you have been in this forum like five years ago, you will notice the romance section was filled with myopic feminist wanna-be, spewing rubbish. I was always reading on the low-key, but there were lots of guys that were handling them well such as sagamite (oh I miss that dude to the bone). Prior to me been active in the romance section (I am more of a business and travel section person), there was a vacuum, a much-needed balance in the narrative, so that innocent people (especially teenagers) will not be misled into the toxic cult of man-hating feminism. So far, I am glad that there have been lots of monikers that are doing the same job, and bringing alternative balance, with facts.

Normally when I engage a female moniker, I try to determine if their argument has some pattern of logic in them, or they are ideologically possessed. People do not own ideology, Ideology owns people. If it happens that they are just an extra mouth for a sick ideology (eg modern feminism), I stop engagement henceforth. From experience, men have a need to make sense, and women have a need to be right. I am here to make sense, and all my arguments are formulated not from any ideology, but from observable common sense.

My regards to you.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by fatlossdoctorr: 1:20pm On May 02, 2020
pansophist:

Oh my gosh, you blew my mind bro. How can a single person have so much sense like this? The way you position your views, with easily digestible examples, facts, and clarity, devoid of name-calling is so beautiful. I haven't commented for years on nairaland, and this post is so astute that I will feel like a sinner if I do not show my stan. Respect man.

4 Likes

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Farki: 1:28pm On May 02, 2020
Jullima:

It’s because those are the type of girls you seek. Young and immature or girls with very low self-esteem. A Normal well adjusted woman will never agree to date a man that treats her horribly. It’s one thing to start dating someone that pretends to be a nice guy then changes in the course of the relationship and the girl still stays. But to be approached with a bad character, no normal girl will agree to date such.

Also, how many girls have you spoken to, to make such generalisation? There are millions of 18-25 year old girls in Nigeria, have you spoken to 100?

The course I studied in school was 90% female, my work is mostly female, my time in secondary school was spent mostly with women. I have approached hundreds of girls in uni, different religions, different personalities yet I got the same results. Most will give me their numbers but if I treat them 'like human beings' they lose interest within a week or 2.

It's like people who think like you do ignore the large amounts of threads where women complain that their boyfriend/husband is abusing them, dating around etc. Just last week a friend asked me for advice because her friend approached someone who is already in a relationship and wonders why he isn't interested in the girl again after he has finished knacking her.

Girls will have hundreds of guys messaging them yet they will be tripping for the guy that doesn't send.

My room mate was by all accounts a horrible person yet he was bring in a new girl every weekend.

Why do women assume that any guy who has bad experiences with women has only met 5 women? Maybe because you're not the one approaching them you don't understand. In fact women rarely lack male attention so why should they lecture me about the difficulties of attracting decent people for a relationship?

1 Like

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Jullima(f): 1:37pm On May 02, 2020
Lol all these lengthy back and forths on this thread are just arguments that are only applicable in Western societies. It seems people read Western blogs and vomit the sentiments on a Nigerian forum, where same is not applicable at all.

The society and cultural problems we face now are things the Western culture have resolved over 100 years ago.

Our society is still soooo backward and lawless for us to afford all these privileged and first world social issues. We have laws that are NEVER enforced. We still have children that are made to work and are sexually abused daily and we turn a blind eye to it, we can’t even guarantee basic education, food and healthcare for children in this country. A widow and her kids can be kicked out their house, a house they’ve lived in for decades, put out on the streets and it’s business as usual. We have labour laws that are not enforced, an employer can decide to hire or sack you based on your religion, sex or tribe. Age discrimination - an employer can decide not to hire you because of your age. The masses are taken advantage of by the very few daily.

Nigeria is a a failed state, the extremely bad economy can not be ignored on how it affects gender relations in Nigeria. You think a Nigerian man will be willing to give up the small privilege that gives him a slight edge in this yeye country? If the Nigerian men are equally as disadvantaged as the women, then no need for all theses debates, the men will welcome it whole heartedly. I wonder why so much fuss? What are the men not trying to give up?

5 Likes

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Jullima(f): 1:43pm On May 02, 2020
Farki:

The course I studied in school was 90% female, my work is mostly female, my time in secondary school was spent mostly with women. I have approached hundreds of girls in uni, different religions, different personalities yet I got the same results. Most will give me their numbers but if I treat them 'like human beings' they lose interest within a week or 2.

It's like people who think like you do ignore the large amounts of threads where women complain that their boyfriend/husband is abusing them, dating around etc. Just last week a friend asked me for advice because her friend approached someone who is already in a relationship and wonders why he isn't interested in the girl again after he has finished knacking her.

Girls will have hundreds of guys messaging them yet they will be tripping for the guy that doesn't send.

My room mate was by all accounts a horrible person yet he was bring in a new girl every weekend.

Why do women assume that any guy who has bad experiences with women has only met 5 women? Maybe because you're not the one approaching them you don't understand. In fact women rarely lack male attention so why should they lecture me about the difficulties of attracting decent people for a relationship?
Again, have you met and spoken to 5,000 girls? Note even 5,000 is NOT enough to generalise a population in the millions. Just because you have a feeling or a sense of how Nigerian girls are doesn’t mean It’s true.

3 Likes

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by mrpaedo(m): 1:43pm On May 02, 2020
pansophist:

Bro, if you noticed my behavior on this forum, I don't usually engage with women a lot, unless the ones that have proven to have common sense and not have drunk from the wellspring of post-modern stupidity. The few ladies I engage with are MichelleKabod (extinct moniker), Ariza, Angela62 etc. Respect for the aforementioned.

I decided to engage them because of the necessity for a balance. If you have been in this forum like five years ago, you will notice the romance section was filled with myopic feminist wanna-be, spewing rubbish. I was always reading on the low-key, but there were lots of guys that were handling them well such as sagamite (oh I miss that dude to the bone). Prior to me been active in the romance section (I am more of a business and travel section person), there was a vacuum, a much-needed balance in the narrative, so that innocent people (especially teenagers) will not be misled into the toxic cult of man-hating feminism. So far, I am glad that there have been lots of monikers that are doing the same job, and bringing alternative balance, with facts.

Normally when I engage a female moniker, I try to determine if their argument has some pattern of logic in them, or they are ideologically possessed. People do not own ideology, Ideology owns people. If it happens that they are just an extra mouth for a sick ideology (eg modern feminism), I stop engagement henceforth. From experience, men have a need to make sense, and women have a need to be right. I am here to make sense, and all my arguments are formulated not from any ideology, but from observable common sense.

My regards to you.
You have tried your very best to explain your point of view which is good but a man trying to get his point across to women(creatures who are ME oriented)in whatever fashion is a hopeless,meaningless,time-wasting endeavour.Their opinions should not be taken seriously just mock or ignore them.
I enjoy reading your posts on here even the older ones.So regards to you too

5 Likes

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Farki: 1:54pm On May 02, 2020
Jullima:

Again, have you met and spoken to 5,000 girls? Note even 5,000 is NOT enough to generalise a population in the millions. Just because you have a feeling or a sense of how Nigerian girls are doesn’t mean It’s true.

First you assumed my experiences are a result of not meeting up to 100 women now the new figure is 5,000. Do I have to meet 5,000 men before I see one who watches football? It's already a given that men like football.

I don't need to carry out a mega survey before I start noticing a pattern. People who have had greater success with women echo my sentiments.

Or maybe we have different metrics of being 'nice'.

2 Likes

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Jullima(f): 1:55pm On May 02, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
yes it makes sense, no one likes their privilege to be taken away

It happens on romanceland all the time
I wish I could give you a million likes for this. The root problem of acrimony between genders. It’s privilege.

Since inception of the human species and men have discovered they are physically stronger than women, they have held on to and abused that power. Now that the world is changing, and physical strength is no longer as important as it used to be, that privilege is been threatened constantly, is one of the reasons we have all these debates.

8 Likes

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Jullima(f): 2:00pm On May 02, 2020
Farki:

First you assumed my experiences are a result of not meeting up to 100 women now the new figure is 5,000. Do I have to meet 5,000 men before I see one who watches football? It's already a given that men like football.

I don't need to carry out a mega survey before I start noticing a pattern. People who have had greater success with women echo my sentiments.

Or maybe we have different metrics of being 'nice'.
Well, we already have metrics to know men like football or sports. We have the data of TV viewing patterns, we have the data of ticket sales, we have the data of merchandise sales, we know who are members of these fan clubs, we see the numbers in their social media accounts. I can go on and on. FIFA makes millions or billions a year and they know where the money comes from.

5 Likes

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 02, 2020
mrpaedo:

You have tried your very best to explain your point of view which is good but a man trying to get his point across to women(creatures who are ME oriented)in whatever fashion is a hopeless,meaningless,time-wasting endeavour.Their opinions should not be taken seriously just mock or ignore them.
I enjoy reading your posts on here even the older ones.So regards to you too
Having a healthy conversation with people of opposite sex does not make you less of a Man, neither does ignoring or mocking women's opinions or submissions make you MAN enough. The act of stoicism You expect Men to display at all times does more damage to them than good. So instead of Men to speak up and express themselves by conversing their feelings, you would rather have them bottle up to form some sort of maturity? I wonder how you all intend to be free then.

BTW I went through your posts, they only affirmed my hypothesis all along. Most guys with your ideology hardly have anything in their brains, they are mostly intellectually bereft. No Pun intended.

Don't bother to respond, I won't read.

2 Likes

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Magnoliaa(f): 2:19pm On May 02, 2020
pansophist:

And all I've said are what was, what is, what will be. You can keep elaborating, and trying to make me look anyhow....And get this: you set up women to be the cause of men's woes. I've only been against that. Get it again: you talked of matriarchy being this and that, still men did all.

Yes, my stance is that the teaching of patriarchy isn't real, and it is nonsense. Though, I can see that we both get the definition of patriarchy different. If you interpreted patriarchy the way feminist does, which is that its a system designed and structured to oppress women (inferring that it is a deliberate act), then I do not agree with it, and it is total rubbish. If you define patriarchy as the traditional way society evolved to the present, such as inherited paternal name, paying of bride price (which is a cultural ritual as oppose to buying a woman as feminist described), men defending women and women being a primary caregiver, then yes, I will agree with you that patriarchy is a thing.

Patriarchy is both definitions. However and why it came up doesn't change the fact of its design, structure. Something can end up being in a particular form without an intention.

Judging thousands, if not millions of years of gender interaction from the standards of today is wrong. For example, the killing of twins used to a culture in Calabar, until it was put to stop by mary Slessor, will you say it is willful oppression, or it was due to the ignorance and unexposure of those community? Should present-day twins start a movement to feel like an entitled victim because of errors of the past which were not deliberate? That is the problem with feminism

It is both. The same way those archaic practices were stopped is the same way patriarchy will be dismantled... only difference is, those have stopped. Patriarchy still exists. Its error is still happening. On a daily basis. Twins are not being killed anymore, so that comparison is not equal.

Traits *that are* encouraged in men that are harmful to themselves, and the society in the long run. So, not all masculine traits are toxic. https://www.apa.org/pi/about/newsletter/2018/09/harmful-masculinity

Also, I mentioned there were necessary, beneficial, but healthy? No.

The world is advancing faster than our traditional beliefs.
So, toxic femininity can be DEFINED with the same words for toxic masculinity, just switch some things. But that is not a huge threat, it most likely will only have bearing on the women themselves.

What you stated in the last lines below is a misrepresentation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/markmanson.net/whats-the-problem-with-masculinity/amp

It's enlightening. I'm not posting it for argument's sake.

Everyday city life is not filled with danger and is not perilous, due to male sacrificed, which you either deliberately refuse to see, or refuse to acknowledge.

What ever you want to think.. My point is those characteristics(for men and women) are not the ultimate now. Women were not useless in the past.

That you can just order for food online, go grocery shopping, and drive to the cinema have been sacrificed and built by the blood and ingenuity of men. The everyday city is not perilous because the animals that probably would have killed you have been tamed, given a reserved separately from human habitations.

Yayy. So let's move forward and choose whatever social roles we want. You don't hunt anymore, you don't fight wars anymore. Our lives also do not revolve around fertility. Are those *fixed social* roles for a gender necessary? Our survival as a race still depend on them?

I may be simplifying phenomena that's been for centuries, but we start somewhere... A sudden change in people's mindsets can not just happen.

Your favorite shoes have been delivered by men who spent months in vessels shipping it from one continent to the other, some dying in the process. From the cellphone you use, the water and purifying it, and maintaining the ''non-perilous'' city life has men working tirelessly in the background''. Workplace death is over 90% men, and because it is not your reality, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Once again, you downplay men's contributions that make your life good, and that is what dents feminism.

Did I ever object this being the case? Go through my very first response. I explained it to kingarthur too. You can't demand for something you oppose its happening. If more women were in the workforce, and are socialized into being outdoors, they'll die.

Ok, so now you are not saying that women want good sex from men, but that only a few women ''that knows'' want good sex?

Because most women are ignorant, repressed when it comes to sex. There are actually more compared to the number of women who are exposed.

You said earlier that men satisfy women sexually because of their ego.

In the minority. The men who take their time and care are few.

Women want good sex from men, period. because few men can actually satisfy doesn't invalidate this timeless truism. Of course, when a man can satisfy her women sexually, it is a good feeling (or an ego boost as you label it), which is nothing wrong in itself. Just as women feel good when they look beautiful and desirable, why shouldn't men feel the same? What exactly is wrong with good feelings (or ego boost as you call it), can you explain?

All these are unnecessary if you comprehended my point.

I: men do things for their ego.
You and him: yes, so? Why? What do women do? Is it not oppression? Men are disposable. They do it because...

And I'm coming back to say it's ego. That stands. Okafor's law, everything... it's ego.

In the past, the ability to give childbirth is an ego boost for women, so what is wrong when a man is biologically suitable enough to impregnate a woman? what is the ego you keep screaming about? what is wrong with it? If I am a woman and my womb is working enough to give birth to a child, I will be happy and have a healthy dose of an ego boost. Also, you keep making the mistake of judging past societies with today's standards, can you move on? Men have never put the responsibility of reaching their sexual satisfaction on women.

I mentioned all that about the past just to show that things you all do are motivated by ego. Dying, having sex, making more money. You were trying to say that men do these things for women alone. That it's not about the ego.

Most men satisfy themselves, by themselves, why do women put the responsibility for their sexual satisfaction on men? why fake orgasm? you don't have to. If I fake orgasm, is it women's fault too? can you be responsible?

Thank you for mentioning that @bolded. I really appreciate it. Now if I say you're selfish, you'd want to have my head.

If you're having sex, the pleasure of the other is goal.

Some time ago, you were talking about how chastity is the standard for women in society and sexual prowess is for men. So does it not make sense to think women will wait on a man to do all the work?

I know, women should not fake orgasm and just 'lay' there, that's not how it's supposed to be.

That's what the society is, and I was only pointing out whyy they do it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Farki: 2:20pm On May 02, 2020
Jullima:

Well, we already have metrics to know men like football or sports. We have the data of TV viewing patterns, we have the data of ticket sales, we have the data of merchandise sales, we know who are members of these fan clubs, we see the numbers in their social media accounts. I can go on and on. FIFA makes millions or billions a year and they know where the money comes from.

I appreciate the effort but that's besides the point really.

My example was there to show that in a group of men there's a high chance that some if not most will like football.

Just like women are constantly turned off by a man's kind and gentle nature, being seen as unmanly in their words.

1 Like

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by mattbass(m): 3:42pm On May 02, 2020
pansophist:

Equality is like a buffet to women (feminists), where they pick the nice stuff they want and leave the leftovers for men to eat grin

With every struggle they complain about, men have their own version, and even worse. It is so common and accepted that people are even shocked when men speak up. Stoicism is expected, which is to suffer in silence and be strong still. A telling example is that hundreds of thousands of men have died in the hand of boko haram, and no one cares, but with the chibok girls, the whole world started screaming ''bring back our girls. And I asked, what about the boys? this is one example of how male problems are ignored. Though, I won't expect airhead feminists to think at this angle.

Boss your level of IQ on topics or comments displayed astounds me..... More wisdom boss.

4 Likes

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Gerrard59(m): 3:48pm On May 02, 2020
pansophist:

My regards to you.

Same here. I miss him. He once stated that he wouldn't deactivate because his posts can educate someone. Akin to going to a school to learn. That said, you're needed in TwitterNG space. Those demons hold sway there. You might as well use your NL moniker but no personal pictures.
Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by pansophist(m): 3:54pm On May 02, 2020
Gerrard59:

Same here. I miss him. He once stated that he wouldn't deactivate because his posts can educate someone. Akin to going to a school to learn. That said, you're needed in TwitterNG space. Those demons hold sway there. You might as well use your NL moniker but no personal pictures.

Never use Twitter before. Though, I'll consider that option. Can you post a link to TwitterNG please ?
Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Gerrard59(m): 4:15pm On May 02, 2020
pansophist:

Never use Twitter before. Though, I'll consider that option. Can you post a link to TwitterNG please ?

TwitterNG is my own way of saying the space populated by Nigerians - that's, where Nigerians converge on twitter. Just change your location or search for trends based on Nigeria as the location.
Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by IAmSkinny: 4:34pm On May 02, 2020
Ariza:
E no hard at all oooooo

I don't know why everyone take this life too seriously. Funny enough, Women are the most difficult gender to fight for. Most will never be straight with you, they tell you they want freedom but won't work. They want respect but most see acts of chivalry as weakness. They want equality but not responsibilities. They want to be treated like queens but most act like bi.tches on SM.

Lol the most annoying ones are the abused ones, I learnt not to meddle in couples affairs the hard way years ago. Unfortunately, she's suffering a lot in her marriage now. Me I just dey look from afar. grin Kini temi? But still, to them Men are the evil ones. SMH.

Writers and People like Op should focus more on teaching women self esteem, Value, Integrity, Dignity , self development, self realization and Independence and leave Men out of their issues. grin

Please come and pay my groom price biko.
Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 02, 2020
IAmSkinny:

Please come and pay my groom price biko.
grin grin grin

Are you handsome? grin grin
Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by IAmSkinny: 5:32pm On May 02, 2020
Ariza:
grin grin grin

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by IAmSkinny: 5:32pm On May 02, 2020
Ariza:
grin grin grin

Yes o. I am a replica of OBJ when he's crying.
Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Kingarthur21: 12:45am On May 03, 2020
pansophist:

the earlier this ladies realise that they are shooting themselves on the foot with the man hating feminism peddled now(I am not referring to genuine elevation of the girl child which I support) the better.

Here is a statement of regret from a former modern feminist:

Feminism freed men, not women. Now men are spared the nuisance of a wife and family to support. After childbirth, if his wife's waist doesn't return to 20 inches, the husband can go out and get a more petite woman. It's far more difficult for the wife, now tied down with a baby, to find a new man. My blind date that Friday waved goodbye as he drove off in his RV. I walked home and paid the sitter with laundry quarters.
Feminism made women disposable. So today a lot of females are around 40 and single with a couple of kids to raise on their own. Child-support payments might pay for a few pairs of shoes, but in general, feminism gave men all the financial and personal advantages over women.

What's worse, we asked for it. Many women decided: you don't need a family structure to raise your children. We packed them off to day-care centers where they could get their nurturing from professionals.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Nobody: 2:08am On May 03, 2020
Ariza:
Having a healthy conversation with people of opposite sex does not make you less of a Man, neither does ignoring or mocking women's opinions or submissions make you MAN enough. The act of stoicism You expect Men to display at all times does more damage to them than good. So instead of Men to speak up and express themselves by conversing their feelings, you would rather have them bottle up to form some sort of maturity? I wonder how you all intend to be free then.

BTW I went through your posts, they only affirmed my hypothesis all along. Most guys with your ideology hardly have anything in their brains, they are mostly intellectually bereft. No Pun intended.

Don't bother to respond, I won't read.

You must read oh, you go read this one grin

I can tell you with my chest that none of us will ever be free, Man's nature will always come to play as so as women too. Covering up feelings is part of Men's nature.

Women are expressive with their feelings because it is their nature.

Women will always be hypergamous because it's their nature, a woman may have 10M but she will still have butterflies in her tummy over 200k you promised her.

You can take care of a woman for 15yrs. Once she start feeding you for 3 months, your marriage is in Jeopardy. It's their nature.

Men want to assert control because it's their nature, they want to have dominance, this includes dismissing opinions of others.

We as humans can make constitutional laws to reduce this, but natural laws will always come to play.

Reason why I never go Dutch on any date, i know deep down Women HATE to split bills with passion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

18 Year Old Raped By Her Five Besties Seeks Justice / How Do I Handle This Situation / She's So Adorable.....rate Us.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 233
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.