Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? - Romance (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? (70692 Views)

How Do I Make Guys Lose Interest In Me / Why do Guys Lose Interest In A Lady After They Have Slept With Her / Why do gay guys lose sensitivity in their anus after anal sex but women Don't ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by Rutherford2019: 11:42pm On May 01, 2020
piamily:
Okay. There’s thing guy I met one time last year. So he came up bold and said he was interested in a relationship. He didn’t even waste time. I was impressed . Normally I was supposed to dish out my “naija shakara girls style” you know, but I didn’t . After some days I agreed to date him.

I found out he’s easy going so I decided to give in and be mutual with the love and attraction etc. as soon as I got interested, he withdrew.

I noticed it . I don’t understand why a man will do this. Was he not interested? And does he expect the woman to hate him.

I see some men complain about ladies being hard to get and now a lady didn’t play that much hard yet the man withdrew a bit. Still don’t get men sometimes sha
It has happened to me sometimes..
I may admire a girl in the first instance but after coming closer to the girl and relating with her closely I will discover that I don't really like her to the extent of being in relationship with her...
I will just withdraw instead of toying with her emotions
I have done it to some girls

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by Nobody: 11:42pm On May 01, 2020
Liliantalks:
lol he might not be short in the department sha wink

I hv learnt a big lesson from life , let me share with you , when I was younger i had a lot of guys coming my way , but back then I was so ignorant on what I should look for in a man , now I am older I regret some guys I let go, guys I felt we’re too short , talks too much , swaggerless , aggressive , smoker , etc . Guys i liked were hoes , I dated some but i was little or no value to them , I was there till they met another. Funny enough all the guys I wrote off r in a relationship n doing very well in their relationships ,loving there women silly , well some remain idiots lol

look for efforts , money, care and attention, that’s what really matters. Get a list of what u want in a man , and check if this guy meets 75% of it , if he does , accept him. He can still turn out to be a fool after sex o, I can’t give u any assurance, men r wicked . But that’s a step to the right direction.

Me I cannot be with a man I'm not attracted too.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by frozen70(f): 11:47pm On May 01, 2020
piamily:
I have noticed men especially African men loose interest when a lady becomes interested in them even just a bit. I really don’t get it.

Do men expect women to hate them even when the men love the women? Cos I don’t understand if it should be mutual or not

Your views please

I think because in this part of the world, its supposed to be the other way
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by Bossose(m): 11:51pm On May 01, 2020
For real there is a lady tagging me now and ever since she told me she wants a relationship, I just lost interest in our normal friendship
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by Rutherford2019: 12:01am On May 02, 2020
LordKO:
Two major reasons I know of are:

1. He values the girl a lot that he wouldn't want to waste her time or falsely raise her hope to enable her focus on others; maybe because (a) he observed differences between them that would prevent them from having a mutually healthy and happy relationship - and it's not a case of him being better than her, and vice versa. (b) He's in a committed relationship with another woman and holds the bond of the relationship sacred to the extent that he wouldn't like to desecrate it - so he has to withdraw attention from you (the girl) for the mutual good of all.

2. It could be that the girl did not meet the standard he held her from afar, this depends on what usually makes him fall in love - of course, this doesn't automatically mean that the girl is evil, in fact, it could even mean that it takes an evil girl to make him fall in love...

You just addressed my case..
I have left many girls wondering why acted silly..
I only want to date a girl who has never been in relationship before so that we can start together..many times I see church girls who attracted me but when I get close I used to hear different things from what I wanted.. I'd just withdraw
It has happened to me several times

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by Burgcudi(m): 12:06am On May 02, 2020
Your conversations with the guy
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by melek: 12:17am On May 02, 2020
Oh really?
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by MOnkeyBabe(f): 12:28am On May 02, 2020
ZINIBANKS:
True

There is one girl too I asked for her contact around last year December

I will call her text her she will reply after one week walai I no see that kind level for my life before

After some time of trying hard to get her niggar just free the bitch

It's was after two months or so I think
She's now texting me frequently I didn't reply

She called I was like who is this
She identify herself I just end the call he pain her start to feel remorse on WhatsApp just read her message and didn't reply

Niggas don't have time for shit

A time will come when the chaser will Also be chased
-dolly parton
I feel your Pain but we don't always have to RevenGe
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by Pelxmiye(m): 12:30am On May 02, 2020
Zoie:
The average Nigerian man suffers from an extremely weak self esteem that needs to stay constantly bloated to stay functional.
That's why they chase after ladies who treat them like shi.t and avoid ladies who show them love. The hunt makes them happy. The thrill of having to constantly woo a woman makes them feel good. Makes them feel she is better than the one who shows love even without being wooed..even if the former is a retired runs girl.

Hmmmmm...not all men are like that though ���
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by emmy512: 12:39am On May 02, 2020
Upto 453 messges .
Well i am a correct representation of what the op is trying to say. I've hooked up with many girls, each time they finally give in i i run away and keep them as freinds. And they are left wondering what they did wrong. With my own experience I'll say we are the type that don't want to commit to someone yet.
The last girl after 2 months of trying to get her she Hooked up with me and was always calling everyday and me i don't call people like that even her, so she gets angry that I'm not putting same energy shes putting.. one day i just stopped talking and gbam she got confused sent messages that i didn't reply because i didn't know what to say and avoid hurting her more. After 3 weeks she sent a good bye message and blocked me. Recently I've found myself wanting her back but still can't understand why i want her back.

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by emmy512: 12:44am On May 02, 2020
piamily:

Well he’s just short tongue
Short in money or handsomeness
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by CANTICLES: 12:54am On May 02, 2020
Renida:

I feel sorry if such is the scenario. People lose interest once their person of interest for so many reasons. One of this which I think is the case here is psychological posturing. What this means is some people are used to working extremely hard aka hustling for things. Their entire life rests on a perspective that what they must have, they must work for, unfortunately some of this whole way of thinking affects even not working aspects of their lives. So in relationships for example, this kinds want to toast toast, chase and beg the woman, but if it doesn't follow this narrative and the lady makes asking her out easy, it poses no challenge and isn't mentally tasking. This makes them see lesser value however good such a partner maybe.

I believe the narrative above is the scenarios playing out here. It happens with women also. When people in this category don't suffer for a thing, their brain tricks them to assume it's worth lesser. It's purely psychological

Only silly men won't love a woman that show interest in them. He who love less has more power in a relationship , If a man chase and beg, he lost his value in the process. No wonder many Nigerian men complain the ladies dont love. They are doing it wrong

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by CANTICLES: 12:55am On May 02, 2020
Renida:

I didn't say Nigerian men. I simply wrote about some persons, male and female, humans in general. It's psychological immaturity. Don't let their immaturity lead you to form new unhealthy habits. If you like the person, keep them far, and watch them beg for your attention as they outgrow their mental posturing. For now, go for where you're worshipped, not where you're tolerated

As for me, I don't want a lady I have interest in making it hard, at my age, level of maturity, five minutes is what I want to bear chasing anyone. Nothing more. In fact, I rather be chased

Correct guy ... cheesy
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by Johnson225(m): 12:56am On May 02, 2020
Midenola:

How much?

Interested please

Different brands for different prices. You can reach out to me on Whatsapp
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by Johnson225(m): 12:56am On May 02, 2020
biggy26:

Cost?

akinszz:
how much?

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by Johnson225(m): 12:57am On May 02, 2020
zedegit:

Did you import it from America?

Besides how much?

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by Johnson225(m): 12:58am On May 02, 2020
josh005:

Whats the price

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by Johnson225(m): 12:59am On May 02, 2020
stevio:
How about a billard board?

Yes we also have it in stock. Reach me on Whatsapp
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by Nobody: 1:32am On May 02, 2020
boyjo:

You didn't get it.

The guy approached her first.
She liked him and agreed to date him without delay; she reciprocated his interest.
And as soon as she did, he withdrew.
if its such then it could be sumpting in her character that made him to withdraw.there some girls a guy might be attracted to and when he finds out she flirts a lot thats enuf to make him withdraw.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by Nobody: 1:33am On May 02, 2020
piamily:
I have noticed men especially African men loose interest when a lady becomes interested in them even just a bit. I really don’t get it.

Do men expect women to hate them even when the men love the women? Cos I don’t understand if it should be mutual or not

Your views please
Love can sometimes be misunderstood & truth is Africans hardly communicate, Deg either bottle up feelings or just "Talk." & move on while only a few can communicate effectively.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by MOnkeyBabe(f): 1:44am On May 02, 2020
EmekaBlue:
wow...this make alot of sense

i just dont know why i find it hard to keep up what i started and i know she will be upset because i can stay 2days without even saying hi on WhatsApp talk more of calling and showing commitment
Emeke why?
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by kayo80(m): 1:48am On May 02, 2020
frankkydee:

That may be becos they sensed that the reason for you getting interested in them is for your personal benefits and not for a mutual benefits

You have a point.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by kayo80(m): 1:53am On May 02, 2020
Zoie:
The average Nigerian man suffers from an extremely weak self esteem that needs to stay constantly bloated to stay functional.
That's why they chase after ladies who treat them like shi.t and avoid ladies who show them love. The hunt makes them happy. The thrill of having to constantly woo a woman makes them feel good. Makes them feel she is better than the one who shows love even without being wooed..even if the former is a retired runs girl.

Just replace "man" with "woman" and your comment would be 100% correct.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by Nobody: 2:03am On May 02, 2020
piamily:
I’ve had this experience with a guy that likes me so much and has chased me for about five years but yet I don’t find him attractive . What do I do I such situation? Should I give in ?

chased u for 5 yrs? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by lebete3000: 2:38am On May 02, 2020
piamily:

Your views please

E dey do us like sey we don already fvck this one, so looking for the next challenge.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by TissuePaper: 3:45am On May 02, 2020
Kekereekun123:
Cant relate dunno who you have been dating. These days people Bleep on the same day they meet or first date. You con dey expect man to chase u for long. Who u Who born you How do you exist
hahahaha I like this
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by Donattoe(m): 4:06am On May 02, 2020
piamily:
Okay. There’s thing guy I met one time last year. So he came up bold and said he was interested in a relationship. He didn’t even waste time. I was impressed . Normally I was supposed to dish out my “naija shakara girls style” you know, but I didn’t . After some days I agreed to date him.

I found out he’s easy going so I decided to give in and be mutual with the love and attraction etc. as soon as I got interested, he withdrew.

I noticed it . I don’t understand why a man will do this. Was he not interested? And does he expect the woman to hate him.

I see some men complain about ladies being hard to get and now a lady didn’t play that much hard yet the man withdrew a bit. Still don’t get men sometimes sha

It's Obvious that something put him off and he wouldn't say, maybe cos he doesn't want to hurt you.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by stevio(m): 4:20am On May 02, 2020
This is my WhatsApp. 0.7.0.111.30.88.6
Johnson225:

Yes we also have it in stock. Reach me on Whatsapp
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by 360command: 4:59am On May 02, 2020
piamily:
Oh ! I get you now. So you’re saying Nigerian men really want ladies to play the hard to get very hard then. So why are they complaining. Well then I’ll keep playing it hard as usual since they think it was bread and butter they got in a platter of gold

The idiom, "platter of gold" is wrong. It is actually "on a silver platter".
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by GOOOGLE504(m): 5:25am On May 02, 2020
Renida:

I feel sorry if such is the scenario. People lose interest once their person of interest for so many reasons. One of this which I think is the case here is psychological posturing. What this means is some people are used to working extremely hard aka hustling for things. Their entire life rests on a perspective that what they must have, they must work for, unfortunately some of this whole way of thinking affects even not working aspects of their lives. So in relationships for example, this kinds want to toast toast, chase and beg the woman, but if it doesn't follow this narrative and the lady makes asking her out easy, it poses no challenge and isn't mentally tasking. This makes them see lesser value however good such a partner maybe.

I believe the narrative above is the scenarios playing out here. It happens with women also. When people in this category don't suffer for a thing, their brain tricks them to assume it's worth lesser. It's purely psychological

That's the reason jare. I always love the opportunity to use all my Jackie Chan skills but if you didn't allow me try them n u r alrdy blushing to my dry jokes, I'm no longer cracking 'em..

Bottom line is Don't be too cheap and dnt play too HARD to get. A guy loses interest either way.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by GOOOGLE504(m): 5:30am On May 02, 2020
At times though you realize she wasn't worth all the struggle in the first place - the most popular.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Groom Disappears On His Wedding Day, Bride Goes Ahead With The Event In U.K / Reasons Why Ladies Send Unclad Pictures / 10 Disgusting Things Guys Do When A Lady Says NO SEX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.