Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,431 members, 7,812,278 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Insulting President Buhari Speaks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Insulting President Buhari Speaks (65152 Views)

3 Persons Arrested For Insulting President Buhari And Governor Masari / Aisha Buhari Speaks On Arrest Of Her ADC, Sani Baban-Inna Over N2.5Billion Fraud / President Buhari Speaks On Fresh Plateau Killings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Insulting President Buhari Speaks by Nemere2020: 11:44am On May 03, 2020
I Spoke Out Of Anger After Bandits Killed My Family, Rustled 15 Cows –70-year-old Man Arrested For Insulting President Buhari

A 70-year-old man, Lawal Izala, arrested for allegedly insulting President Muhammadu Buhari, has said that he spoke out of anger when he visited his village and found out that bandits had killed his family members and rustled 15 of his cows.

The police had on Thursday paraded Izala and two others for insulting President Buhari and Governor Aminu Masari of Katsina State in a viral video.

He said, “I was coming back from my village where my 15 cattle were rustled and my family members killed. I was passing by when I was asked about how life was going on for me.

“Then I said, our leaders, Buhari and Masari have failed us. I then threw insults out of anger from my agony. I did not even know I was being recorded on video.

“I was just saying my mind with all honesty. It was after the video went viral that I was arrested by the police. I was accused of committing a crime under Penal Code.”

SaharaReporters gathered that many communities in Katsina State have been sacked by gunmen, who killed wantonly and roamed around with audacity in the last two weeks.

Meanwhile, the trio have remained in police custody without an option of bail.

http://saharareporters.com/2020/05/03/i-spoke-out-anger-after-bandits-killed-my-family-rustled-15-cows-%E2%80%9370-year-old-man

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Insulting President Buhari Speaks by SeverusSnape(m): 11:45am On May 03, 2020
Bubu the mumu deserves all the insults he's getting.
I'm happy this one is coming from his state where bandits are having a field day using innocent people for shooting practice.

553 Likes 34 Shares

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Insulting President Buhari Speaks by SLAP44: 11:47am On May 03, 2020
His anger is justified.

529 Likes 28 Shares

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Insulting President Buhari Speaks by frfrank(m): 11:47am On May 03, 2020
Next time bless your leaders for not showing leadership....

38 Likes

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Insulting President Buhari Speaks by Nobody: 11:47am On May 03, 2020
Well... Sai baba... I guess

23 Likes

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Insulting President Buhari Speaks by sarrki(m): 11:48am On May 03, 2020
It’s your constitutional right to do so

It is constitutionally wrong to arrest him

478 Likes 27 Shares

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Insulting President Buhari Speaks by serverconnect(m): 11:49am On May 03, 2020
Freedom of speech.

147 Likes 14 Shares

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Insulting President Buhari Speaks by SeverusSnape(m): 11:49am On May 03, 2020
sarrki:

Is he not an 'enemy of the state' again?

202 Likes 15 Shares

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Insulting President Buhari Speaks by DanseMacabre(m): 11:50am On May 03, 2020
grin

It shall never augur well with the retired senile major general in asshole Rock. grin

99 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Insulting President Buhari Speaks by NextD18: 11:50am On May 03, 2020
Coronavirus should have done the needful in Aso Rock to prevent this fvckery and intimidation of freedom of speech.

241 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Insulting President Buhari Speaks by Ifesinachi22(m): 11:50am On May 03, 2020
That's what they hope to achieve with the social media bill.

Any link to the viral video please. I want to see it

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Insulting President Buhari Speaks by samincredible44(m): 11:52am On May 03, 2020
bubu can't even save his own people.bubu na first class failure

101 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Insulting President Buhari Speaks by fergie001: 11:52am On May 03, 2020
SeverusSnape:

Is he not an 'enemy of the state' again?

146 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Insulting President Buhari Speaks by Nobody: 11:53am On May 03, 2020
He should be detained as he is receiving the dividends of democracy he voted.

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Insulting President Buhari Speaks by Coolbreeze1988(m): 11:57am On May 03, 2020
This guy fall my hand. Freedom of speech is your constitutional right.

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Insulting President Buhari Speaks by Macphenson: 11:57am On May 03, 2020
Ghbh
Re: 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Insulting President Buhari Speaks by MyMouth(m): 12:02pm On May 03, 2020
Ifesinachi22:
That's what they hope to achieve with the social media bill.

Any link to the viral video please. I want to see it
I have both videos, before and after his arrest but I can't post videos here. U need to see how confident the old man was when he was insulting the president and governor, he even said if the don't come and arrest him, they no born them well grin. When I saw the video after his arrest, I did not know wether to laugh or pity him, he sounded so meek, you won't believe he was the same old man that was so confident in the first video. Reminds me of those ipod piglets grin. If u enter Nigerian police wahala, u gats humble!

25 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Insulting President Buhari Speaks by tolexy007(m): 12:04pm On May 03, 2020
sarrki:

b like say Hunger don dey hit this one hard..

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Insulting President Buhari Speaks by pennywys(m): 12:06pm On May 03, 2020
cheesy

The lifeless one is even worst thing happening in Nigeria

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Insulting President Buhari Speaks by Racoon(m): 12:07pm On May 03, 2020
This old grandfather is right because the attitude of the FG & state government towards life generally is not encouraging @ all esp.with the COVID19 threat.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Insulting President Buhari Speaks by GamalNasser: 12:08pm On May 03, 2020
So bandits kill his family members and instead if Buhari to arrest the bandits he arrest the victim for calling out his failures...well I am sure this man was once a strong supporter of Buhari

151 Likes 14 Shares

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Insulting President Buhari Speaks by trutht828: 12:08pm On May 03, 2020
sarrki:

Looks like BMC hasn't paid your shut up money

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Insulting President Buhari Speaks by merit455(m): 12:08pm On May 03, 2020
MyMouth:

I have both videos, before and after his arrest but I can't post videos here. U need to see how confident the old man was when he was insulting the president and governor, he even said if the don't come and arrest him, they no born them well grin. When I saw the video after his arrest, I did not know wether to laugh or pity him, he sounded so meek, you won't believe he was the same old man that was so confident in the first video. Reminds me of those ipod piglets grin. If u enter Nigerian police wahala, u gats humble!
If it was Jonathan,you will call him names. Hypocrisy ruined in your brain

116 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Insulting President Buhari Speaks by merit455(m): 12:09pm On May 03, 2020
tolexy007:

b like say Hunger don dey hit this one hard..
But him better pass you

8 Likes

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Insulting President Buhari Speaks by Ojiofor: 12:12pm On May 03, 2020
sarrki:

Sharap!
If you receive 30k alert tomorrow as usual you will call him enemy of state.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Insulting President Buhari Speaks by LibertyRep: 12:13pm On May 03, 2020
He said he was just saying his mind with all honesty.

A man whose cattle has been rustled and family members killed, deserves to be pitied and not arrested.

Ironically the people who failed to protect him, his business and his family when needed most were swift in arresting him when he called them out.

This old man deserves compensation.

90 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Insulting President Buhari Speaks by sarrki(m): 12:14pm On May 03, 2020
Ojiofor:

Sharap!
If you receive 30k alert tomorrow as usual you will call him enemy of state.

You guys are in opposition of hatred and Pdp stuff

It’s not because you live the country

6 Likes

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Insulting President Buhari Speaks by Racoon(m): 12:15pm On May 03, 2020
sarrki:
It’s your constitutional right to do so.It is constitutionally wrong to arrest him
Yeah! I remember you are a zombie "patriot" Remember Buhari and the headquarters crew are watching bro.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Insulting President Buhari Speaks by Racoon(m): 12:15pm On May 03, 2020
sarrki:
You guys are in opposition of hatred and Pdp stuff.It’s not because you live the country
cheesy We're "IPOB, Wailers and Enemies of state" Which one do you wish to use now.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Insulting President Buhari Speaks by Racoon(m): 12:18pm On May 03, 2020
Ojiofor:
Sharap! If you receive 30k alert tomorrow as usual you will call him enemy of state.
grin grin grin grin cheesy The fella zombiesm is a wonder to behold.

20 Likes

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Insulting President Buhari Speaks by Ojiofor: 12:45pm On May 03, 2020
sarrki:

You guys are in opposition of hatred and Pdp stuff

It’s not because you live the country

How can I live the country?

20 Likes

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Insulting President Buhari Speaks by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:53pm On May 03, 2020
How can they remain in police custody without the option of bail? When did the police become a court to determine whether to grant bail or not?

28 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Atiku Picked Peter Obi As Running Mate – Daniel / Man Who Trekked For Governor Wike Arrives Port-Harcourt, Meets Him (Photos) / Our Biggest Mistake Was To Appoint Fani- Kayode As Jonathan’s Campaign Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.