Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,679 members, 7,823,917 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America - Romance (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America (104114 Views)

Lady Storms Bank In Delta To Confront Rival For Dating Her Married Lover. Photo / Big-Sized Man & His Woman In Doggy Pose In Their Pre-Wedding Photos / Man Accuses Wife Of Dating A Corper, Sends Her Packing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by executive12: 9:30pm On May 08, 2020
Tajbol4splend:
This sorta explains why most Nigerian men over there don't want to marry fellow country women. But why should change of environment change you that easily, people who change with change of environment are fake

Of course, most Nigerians (male and female) are fake.
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Eniolakiite(f): 9:30pm On May 08, 2020
Interesting

humilitypays:
Good, so don't make the unfortunate ones who are not enjoying their marriage in Nigeria out of their own making the focus point.....they shouldn't even be a topic of discussion cos I insist they are insignificant number today.

American men treat their women worst than Nigerian men treat their women.

How can a man expect to split every damn bill with his wife, what makes you the man, I will be ashamed to do that even if I live in the US or with Queen Elizabeth.

That is an unfair treatment of a wife to start with.

American men also kill their wives but you guys won't focus on that! Homicide cases are high their, same as domestic violence why are u not focusing on that Why is the divorce rate in the US and most western nation so high if all is well with their marriages

You ladies should stop allowing western media and crazy feminists to deceive you with wrong figures and news of Nigerian married women being treated as slaves when almost all Nigerian wife have a house help, some have drivers, cook, cleaners, etc, so I ask again, who are these suffering Nigerian wives who have been turned to slaves by their Nigerian based husbands

If your husband pays for a house help for you who takes cares of most domestic chores and only require that you prepare his best meals and serve him yourself, is that too much for a man to ask from his wife, does that make his wife a slave

I repeat, don't buy those nonsense stories being peddled online and on TV, they are not many okay
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Kobojunkie: 9:51pm On May 08, 2020
Liliantalks:
what I meant was different from how u understood it , telling that guy , that coming to Nigeria to get a wife or even hv a babymama here is better than other options in my opinion.

On the other hand there is nothing wrong being a babymama , Thinking of hving a child two years from now if I ain’t married, and trust me I will be very happy with my life
Making the choice to be a babymama is one thing. But a lot of women don't make that choice of their own volition. They are forced into those situation. We call them single-mothers or babymamas. Many of our Nigerian mothers and some of their own mothers(many of them married of course) had to live it and are not happy about being dealt that kind of card.
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Eniolakiite(f): 9:53pm On May 08, 2020
True

Kobojunkie:

Making the choice to be a babymama is one thing. But a lot of women don't make that choice of their own volition. They are forced into those situation. We call them single-mothers or babymamas. Many of our Nigerian mothers and some of their own mothers(many of them married of course) had to live it and are not happy about being dealt that kind of card.
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Kobojunkie: 9:57pm On May 08, 2020
TonyeBarcanista:

In relationship nobody is serving anyone. The man, being the head is expected to love and care for the woman (wife), while the wife is expected to love, support and submit to the man. This is how it supposed to be!
There is nothing like servitude
The same book you pulled that one out of goes on to tell say, "DO [b]NOT [/b]BE [b]UN[/b]EQUALLY YOKED....." after considering the double negatives, that translates to say BE EQUALLY YOKED... grin cheesy
And since it is highly likely you and your women do not share the same brain, it makes sense that being equally yoked is to the advantage of both of those involved.

2 Likes

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Eniolakiite(f): 10:00pm On May 08, 2020
Exactly

Not everyone lives by that book

What I believe is we should all try to be fair

If this thing is done to me, will i like it?

Ask yourself that before you do anything to anyone.

Kobojunkie:

The same book you pulled that one out of goes on to tell say, "DO [b]NOT [/b]BE [b]UN[/b]EQUALLY YOKED....." after considering the double negatives, that translates to say BE EQUALLY YOKED... grin cheesy
And since it is highly likely you and your women do not share the same brain, it makes sense that being equally yoked is to the advantage of both of those involved.
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by macho44(m): 10:08pm On May 08, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Ya share her thoughts?
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by lebete3000: 10:09pm On May 08, 2020
pDudd:
First tip: Leave that your native brain in Nigeria.

If you're the kind of man that will sit on the sofa and be watching UEFA champions league and be telling a woman that she should go and cook, serve you, bring you water to drink and wash hand, you are in for a rude shock. Nigerian women in US have opened eye now o. They are not going to serve you like master and servant while your stretch your legs on sofa and be watching football.

If your mother did that for your father, please go and marry your mother so she too can come and be serving you like a king. Nigerian women ain't doing that for you.

Before you leave Nigeria, better learn how to cook, clean house, do laundry, go to buy groceries, take care of kids, and learn humility.

Learning humility is of utmost importance because the day you step your feet into America, you are now second to every woman. The American society favors women over men. They placea lot of value over men. So if you didn't respect women in Nigeria, you may need to reconsider that stance. And if you can't see yourself having a woman above you or respecting women, then better stay in Nigeria.

Next tip: All you old men that have spent 20 years following Akata and are now looking for unmarriedd younger girls in Nigeria who you want to turn into RNs and use her as your ATM, believing that she is a "good girl" and that she will be a good obedient wife, who will be at your beck and call.

You guys are looking for to go to an early grave and lose everything you have worked for since the 20 years you've been in Yankee. I implore you, please stop doing that nonsense.

There is nothing like a humble Nigerian girl. The ones that appear humble are just broke. The day money enters her hand is the day you will know her true colors. Now in US, you will find an elderly guy in his late 40s or 50s. They came to US in their 20s and hustled Akata for paper, and thereafter became legal. Instead of going to school, gain an education, and improve their standard of living, they take up security guard jobs, CNA jobs, and taxi driver jobs. They spend gruelling years doing these low paying jobs and saving pennies to eventually go to Nigeria and do big wedding and marry a small naive village girl, thinking that they are investing in her so that she will yield fruits and serve him in his old age.

Notice that Nigerian men are always looking for women to serve them cheesy

Well, these small naive girls come to US, go to nursing school, become LVNs or RNs. They then begin to make lots of money and they will begin to open eye grin

Lefulefu come and back me up here.

Those small, naive, village girls suddenly begin making about $3500 or more every 2 weeks. Back in Nigeria, they weren't even making 3500 naira every month. This kind of money blows their minds and they don't even know how to spend it anymore. The man who is her husband and invested in her now wants to control the money and keep her in a subservient position.

At that point in time, that is when the girls father in the village knows that he wants to receive chieftaincy title. Also that is the time the mother knows that she wants to become Lolo of NdiOhia. cheesy. That is also when the girls brother wants to open spare parts shop in Alaba. That is the time when the girls sister wants to get married. The entire family of the girl begins to pester her for money. Also at this same time, the girls husband wants to start to build block of flats in Nnewi. Also he feels that he is old enough to receive chieftaincy title in his village as well. All these things costs lots of money.

The pressure on the poor girls starts mounting. She has one or two kids at this point but she starts to work extra hours and overtime at work. Putting in a lot of exhausting energy into trying to fulfil the dreams of everyone. Instead of the husband to understand, he is not sympathetic to her. After all she is his investment and she better yield fruits. She begins to burn out slowly but surely. She needs support at home but the husband expects her to work for 12 to 13 hours, come home, prepare eba and ogbono soup for him, take care of the kids, and then open toto for him to Bleep cheesy. Tomorrow again it is back to the same routine up to 7 days a week.

One day all the pressure gets too much and then the bubble pops. The woman, under intense financial pressure from her extended family coupled with her unsupportive husband and work-family life, crumbles under it all. And what usually kicks it off? Money of course. Or the lack thereof.

The man, wanting to control the finances of the woman, starts a quarrel about how much he invested to bring her to America. Because of all the stress upon the woman and women being very emotional creatures, she snaps. She insults the husband with the greatest insult of his life. She neglects all he has done and acts on emotion. The man too, unable to stomach the insult, verbally and physically attacks the woman.

Now it always ends in 2 ways. If the woman is still alive after the physical attack, she calls the police and they arrest him for domestic violence. She files a restraining order against him and he cannot return back to the house he bought and the home he built.

The second way it ends is that the man attacks his wife and kills her with his security guard job service pistol or he strangles or stabs her to death with a kitchen knife.

In both cases, the police arrive and arrest the man. And then the family breaks up and most times can not be rebuilt anymore. It becomes a broken home with shatters dreams.

I've long decided never to marry any woman since I've been hearing all these tales like 6years ago.

Why should I go through all these hellish experiences when I can have 5baby mamas from Colombia, Jamaica, Mexico, Spain and Russia.

To hell with akata and their rotten pvssy abeg cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Eniolakiite(f): 10:12pm On May 08, 2020
grin grin

lebete3000:

I've long decided never to marry any woman since I've been hearing all these tales like 6years ago.

Why should I go through all these hellish experiences when I can have 5baby mamas from Colombia, Jamaica, Mexico, Spain and Russia.

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by lebete3000: 10:18pm On May 08, 2020
Eniolakiite:
grin grin

Are you related with Kiite Edema?
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Nobody: 10:20pm On May 08, 2020
lebete3000:

hahahahaaha u just reminded me of one of our family friend cheesy.this guy has a baby mama in america,canada, plus two baby mamas in naija and one naija side chick cheesy.guy is just balling travelling from one globe to the other cheesy
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Nobody: 10:24pm On May 08, 2020
Liliantalks:
what I meant was different from how u understood it , telling that guy , that coming to Nigeria to get a wife or even hv a babymama here is better than other options in my opinion.

On the other hand there is nothing wrong being a babymama , Thinking of hving a child two years from now if I ain’t married, and trust me I will be very happy with my life
if u want to be a baby mama better hook a guy who has sumpting doing..better u hook a wealthy artists like tuface dem or a prosperous business man

1 Like

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by lebete3000: 10:25pm On May 08, 2020
lefulefu:
hahahahaaha u just reminded me of one of our family friend cheesy.this guy has a baby mama in america,canada, plus two baby mamas in naija and one naija side chick cheesy.guy is just balling travelling from one globe to the other cheesy

Baba no time ooh!

This bìtches will never learn, so no need trying to put them through.

Just bang your way through life meen. See pesin like 50cent wey dey talk sey if lockdown no dey, na strip club hin for dey.

Abeg free these babes jarey.
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Nobody: 10:31pm On May 08, 2020
lebete3000:

Baba no time ooh!

This bìtches will never learn, so no need trying to put them through.

Just bang your way through life meen. See pesin like 50cent wey dey talk sey if lockdown no dey, na strip club hin for dey.

Abeg free these babes jarey.
anyway wetin u will pay as child expenses wont be as expensive as the alimony u will pay if the woman marry and divorce u cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by lebete3000: 10:35pm On May 08, 2020
lefulefu:
anyway wetin u will pay as child expenses wont be as expensive as the alimony u will pay if the woman marry and divorce u cheesy

Abi oh! And you won't have the emotional ish that comes with divorce...

1 Like

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by executive12: 10:38pm On May 08, 2020
milehigh06:

Benz...lol
26k and you get a very good one

And how many Nigerians in the US, or even Americans, are able to save that 26k?
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by vandp: 10:40pm On May 08, 2020
cococandy:
I’ll say that on the basis of equality and fairness, things are better for women here than it is for women in Nigeria (my personal experience. Anyone feel free to disagree please) but women here still have a loooong way to go in achieving real and true equality. And it’s awork in progress. It took thousands if not millions of years to build the patriarchy, I don’t expect it will be dismantled in a few decades.

Why people think that women have overrun America (or the west as most ignorantly call all 1st world nations) is because for those who benefit from the oppression, equality seems like they are being cheated of their birthright. And they don’t know how to adjust to a world where they have to treat others like they want to be treated.

There is nothing ignorant about people who use the phrase "West" in place of the 1st world countries, in an informal discussion, even though not all 1st the world countries are part of the geographical West in the formal sense. It is understandable and acceptable among world leaders both in politics and business.

4 Likes

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by executive12: 10:50pm On May 08, 2020
Donaldoni:
Crazy society! angry

Should my wife try to take advantage of the crazy society that favours women, I will just relocate to Nigeria!! If she likes she should follow me, if she like she should stay back.

I will NEVER bow to any woman!!! angry

Yeah right. You think it's easy to relocate to Nigeria?
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Zeinymira(f): 10:50pm On May 08, 2020
Next tip: All you old men that have spent 20 years following Akata and are now looking for unmarriedd younger girls in Nigeria who you want to turn into RNs and use her as your ATM, believing that she is a "good girl" and that she will be a good obedient wife, who will be at your beck and call.

This is so true pDudd. I have read in the past about men killing their nurse wives.

I always wondered why these men can't invest in themselves, pick up that Nursing form and become a RN

7 Likes

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by executive12: 10:57pm On May 08, 2020
humilitypays:
The op is writing jargons!! Complete nonsense!!

He should change the topic to:

My Bad Experience Dating Nigerian Women Living in America!!!

Most Nigerian guys living abroad are their own problem, they are the reason Nigerian ladies show them pepper once they land abroad.

These guys will never tell these ladies the truth of what they do and how much they earn.

They will be saving money for months or years and maybe after some years they gather the cash which is hard currency, change it when they land Nigeria and it becomes huge money in Naira and they start to spend it anyhow forming rich guys when they are just nobody in the US but because of exchange rate difference and good environment they stay to snap pictures and post online to deceive these Naija based ladies, these ladies assume them to be rich guys working with US President lol.

On arriving the US after they use money they don't even have much to entice and lure these ladies into marriage, these ladies discover that these guys are like the downtrodden people, the lowest of lowest in the US and you know women, they feel betrayed and start to harbor anger against these guys that brought them to the US and these guys will never tell people the truth of what happened, they will start telling people that the Nigerian girl they married and brought from Nigeria no longer respect them, how can she respect you when u lied to her from the beginning and used fake life and lies to lure her into marriage

You are right on point here. I personally know someone that went through exactly what you stated here. In this case, the lady just left him without notice and moved in with another Nigerian that seemed to be well off.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Eniolakiite(f): 10:58pm On May 08, 2020
Yea

Zeinymira:

This is so true pDudd. I have read in the past about men killing their nurse wives.

I always wondered why this men can't invest in themselves, pick up that Nursing form and become a RN
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by executive12: 10:59pm On May 08, 2020
lefulefu:
if na u u go gree lose ur asset to a woman cheesy
just imagine u have been doing 4 jobs in the US without sleeping and u able to build ur assest then one mgbeke wey u marry for village carry come US come divorce u then collect that ur beautiful expensive house wey u use ur sweat buy,she also collect ur children then the courts come give her ur expensive cadillac grin grin plus the exotic bulldog u bought on ur trip to england the courts still order u to hand ur bulldog to her plus to add insult to injury she go come to invite her boyfriend wey dey smoke weed with dreadlocks to be fucking her inside ur house and inside that ur expansive bedroom and ur beautiful bed......all wetin u use ur sweat buy grin grin grin grin...tell me how will u feel grin grin grin

That is why you have prenuptials.
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Nobody: 11:02pm On May 08, 2020
executive12:

That is why you have prenuptials.
someone here said prenuptials doesnt do shit in the US.dat the courts can still ignore ur prenuptial agreement
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Liliantalks: 11:02pm On May 08, 2020
lefulefu:
if u want to be a baby mama better hook a guy who has sumpting doing..better u hook a wealthy artists like tuface dem or a prosperous business man
wink wink

1 Like

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Kobojunkie: 11:05pm On May 08, 2020
lefulefu:
And he expects the children to grow up happy, never realizing he never really had much respect for their mother? undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by executive12: 11:06pm On May 08, 2020
Jim99:

I'm sorry to say this but;

You're a slave man. Wake up

You should be in absolute control not the other way round.

But it's your life anyways. So good luck

You think you can be in absolute control in a civilized western society? Wow. Dream on.
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Kobojunkie: 11:06pm On May 08, 2020
macho44:
Ya share her thoughts?
Her thoughts on?
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by executive12: 11:07pm On May 08, 2020
LordShiva97:

Exactly.
But many guys do it though, for reasons I can't seem to understand. So even travel back home sef for a Nigerian girl.
I can't endure Nigerian girls beyond the shores of this country. Just can't.

So all Nigerian girls are bad? And Nigerian men are good, of course?
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Eniolakiite(f): 11:10pm On May 08, 2020
Yes cause she can always say she signed it under duress. All she needs is a smart lawyer.

The truth is it is very hard for a man to win over a woman here in the US.

She will mention all the time she stopped her career for the kids or how one thing or the other related to being married or having kids hindered her life progress. And definitely she will be favored.

Many cases hmmm

lefulefu:
someone here said prenuptials doesnt do shit in the US.dat the courts can still ignore ur prenuptial agreement
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Nobody: 11:10pm On May 08, 2020
Kobojunkie:

And he expects the children to grow up happy, never realizing he never really had much respect for their mother? undecided undecided undecided undecided
the ones in america will come back one day to africa looking for their fada no doubt.that one is expected...but for the children in naija i am sure he visits dem anytime he goes to naija.
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Nobody: 11:12pm On May 08, 2020
Eniolakiite:
Yes cause she can always say she signed it under duress. All she needs is a smart lawyer.

The truth is it is very hard for a man to win over a woman here in the US.

She will mention all the time she stopped her career for the kids or how one thing or the other related to being married or having kids hindered her life progress. And definitely she will be favored.

Many cases hmmm

ahhhaa cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by executive12: 11:13pm On May 08, 2020
hollywater:
Over here in Germany, we go home marry them and leave them there.Come back here pregnant Oyibo, get a child leave seperatily and pay Child support every month.

So what's the point of spreading yourselves like that? Most regular folks with jobs definitely cannot afford to live like that. I bet that most of the guys doing this are into crime for a living.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (32) (Reply)

Meet The Kano Lady Who Promised To Buy Car & House For Any Man Who Marries Her / Man Staring At A Massively Curvy Lady’s Backside (Photo) / 600 Men Slept With Me In One Year, Says 24-year-old Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.