Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,319 members, 7,829,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan (29211 Views)

EndSARS: Youth Reps Pull Out Of Lagos Judicial Panel After Cbn’s Account Freeze / Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years / Breaking News :IMF Approves $3.4bn RFI To Support Nigeria’s COVID-19 Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by gnykelly(m): 8:54pm On May 06, 2020
Na Pepsi buhari and his team go first buy
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by eagleu: 8:57pm On May 06, 2020
Golan007:

Most of you simply speak from sentiments and not actuality.

Actuality is that Buhari has been laser focused on embezzling and eating Nigeria's future with his friends and family members.

How much effort has he put into generating income from other sources, except oil?
As the ignorant minister of petroleum, the guy has single handedly filled all positions in NNPC, and allied companies. His niece, nephews, and in laws run the so called lucrative oil industries in Nigeria, because he is so ignorant about basic economics.

Anybody can steal, borrow, or inherit money, the genius lies in managing it for today, and future generations.

Tell me one single thing Buhari has done to prepare for the much anticipated shortfall in oil revenue? Nothing!
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by Golan007: 9:12pm On May 06, 2020
Kay25:

oh I did but we didn't pay as much as what they are paying now and is that a benefit?how much are the state university paying?

Still very little.

I thought you were asking what government does for its citizens.

Please find out how many of your fellow graduates in the USA are without student debt.

The other day, there was a thread on Nairaland about a final year medical student to be thrown out of a private university because her sponsors could no longer afford her fees running into millions of Naira.

I guess if she had gone to UNN for instance, graduated then gone on to better things, abroad say, she would have been rather too spoilt to see how her living was subsidized by the "useless" government. This is all hypothetical but hope you see the point.

Remember that there are hundred of thousands of Nigerian students each year benefitting from this subsidized (low quality, yet life changing) education for which we should be all grateful.
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by hope4nigeria(m): 9:20pm On May 06, 2020
Golan007:

Name the government official that claimed it to be a grant.

By the way, all countries are borrowing and all countries have had their future generations pay debt.

The whinging is worn out.
not all the poisonous substance are toxic but all the toxic substance are poisonous! Not all the country that borrow loan are corrupt, but all Nigerian Leaders that borrow Loan are thief.
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by Firstandonly(m): 9:23pm On May 06, 2020
MrPaul2:

What are you saying, because everybody is doing it, do it make it right, when naira is equal to zero against dollars?
Is it not yesterday we just received over $300m dollars from Abacha loot?
What's the hope for common man?
I see this loan we are borrowing as a blessing in disguise. for example, when the federal government are so indebted to pay back most of their loan, there will also find it difficult to pay the state it monthly allocation there by forcing them to make state autonomy (controlling their resources)... sense no go kill me ....lol
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by Golan007: 9:24pm On May 06, 2020
hope4nigeria:
not all the poisonous substance are toxic but all the toxic substance are poisonous! Not all the country that borrow loan are corrupt, but all Nigerian Leaders that borrow Loan are thief.

Platitudes.

A country of 180 million people going into a frenzy over an additional 3.5 billion dollar debt should speak to their inability to produce.

It actually is an indictment on the populace rather than government.
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by Radicalman(m): 9:26pm On May 06, 2020
God another looting
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by ijayaone: 9:30pm On May 06, 2020
Phoenixhome:
Who will pay all this.. embarassed
sorry jubril ,you people still think buhari is still ur president i laugh in spanish ,jubril and aisha buhari and d cabals are doing business .finally nigeria may have been sold in instalment
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by Ade3131: 9:33pm On May 06, 2020
Golan007:

Actually, I don't see anything wrong in a universal mechanism.

We all act as if America isn't adding an additional 4 trillion dollars to its debt burden but go into a frenzy over a mere 3.5 billion dollars for a country of 180 million people.

All we need to do is be more inventive, roll up our sleeves and work.

The rest of the world is advanced because they seek solutions but we are in a funk of constant whinging expecting some kind of supernatural transformation.

Abeg.

What you're supporting will make so allot of sense in a working system but where we all agree that a chunk of those funds will be embezzled, then one begins to wonder. Imagine America returning Abacha loot to us with conditions! What could be more insulting than that. In a sane world, they should be fined for aiding crime but for the sake of our bogus reputation as a country of thieves, we got terms and conditions over our own money instead.

In place of borrowing, why not scrap bicameral legislative system and have just one legislative arm? By so doing, we would have cut the cost of governance significantly.

Alternatively, why not cut short all the duplicated offices we have and slash the renumerations of public office holders to commensurate with the current economic realities? They can't be earning that much in an economy that's on lockdown.

Don't you think borrowing is just a way of shifting the borden of today to a later date? What if situations didn't change for good as projected?
Why create a new problem to solve another problem?
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by Ochogbe(m): 9:35pm On May 06, 2020
Golan007:

Name the government official that claimed it to be a grant.

By the way, all countries are borrowing and all countries have had their future generations pay debt.

The whinging is worn out.
So what are you saying ? This government should continue to borrow for the future generation to pay even when you and I know that they are borrowing it for their selfish and personal interest ?

1 Like

Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by eagleu: 9:39pm On May 06, 2020
Golan007:

Platitudes.

A country of 180 million people going into a frenzy over an additional 3.5 billion dollar debt should speak to their inability to produce.

It actually is an indictment on the populace rather than government.

Amazing!
One of Buhari's regrets in 1984 was borrowing from IMF and subjecting Nigerians to their harsh conditions which created a favorable atmosphere for his ouster!

It's not the amount of 3.5B that's the problem. The problem is lack of any solid plan to use it judiciously.

3.5 from IMF, 11.8 from China, 2.5 from here and there: they add up for the long haul, because there's not going to be any cheap oil to sell anymore.

Honestly, if you are in a position to advice and influence Buhari, you should be lecturing him right now, not coming here to say things you know are not true.
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by Golan007: 9:45pm On May 06, 2020
Ochogbe:
So what are you saying ? This government should continue to borrow for the future generation to pay even when you and I know that they are borrowing it for their selfish and personal interest ?

You are umpteenth individual to quote me yet all of you have gleaned over my opening statement - name the government official that called it a grant.

It speaks to the duplicitous, and outrightly dishonest mentality of the average Nigerian.

Many Nigerians are like cows, they just roll with the herd, never trying to think on their own.

Not one person has attempted to address the statement.

My opinion is simple.

Nigeria is made up of largely unproductive, and I daresay, unyielding individuals, hence the inability of the generality to progress.

Dwell on my last statement, avoiding all the sentiments that surround you as you do so.
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by Golan007: 9:48pm On May 06, 2020
eagleu:

Amazing!
One of Buhari's regrets in 1984 was borrowing from IMF and subjecting Nigerians to their harsh conditions which created a favorable atmosphere for his ouster!

It's not the amount of 3.5B that's the problem. The problem is lack of any solid plan to use it judiciously.

3.5 from IMF, 11.8 from China, 2.5 from here and there: they add up for the long haul, because there's not going to be any cheap oil to sell anymore.

Honestly, if you are in a position to advice and influence Buhari, you should be lecturing him right now, not coming here to say things you know are not true.

Again, I ask is the perceived insurmountable nature of a debt of even 100 billion dollars not an indictment on the people?

Jeff Bezos alone is worth more than that figure (I understand the challenges) yet 180 million people are wailing.

Poverty is really of the mind.
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by Goddey18(m): 9:57pm On May 06, 2020
PassingShot:

This govt is neither GEJ's nor OBJ's.

But worse than this two
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by AlphaStorm: 10:01pm On May 06, 2020
All the swallowing snakes and RATS are ready to swallow and chop.
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by mexioni(m): 10:16pm On May 06, 2020
CBN, FG states all just dey receive alert. Oluwa no forget me too
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by inyenejo(m): 10:25pm On May 06, 2020
Looted already
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by Chamberlin1983(m): 10:41pm On May 06, 2020
Are they borrowing to feed people?
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by PropertyBuying(f): 10:43pm On May 06, 2020
Trailblazer1:
Chamberlin1983 post=89267675:
Are they borrowing to feed people?

In the same vein, I hereby call on Shekau to account for every adopted Chibok school girl grin
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by poty4u: 10:47pm On May 06, 2020
I pray we use it appropriately
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by Yakyah: 10:52pm On May 06, 2020
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by suremanpatriot: 12:43am On May 07, 2020
I pray to get 0.474% from this money
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by 2016v2017: 3:36am On May 07, 2020
GamalNasser:
Another loan Buhari the magician will make disappear into very thin air without any trace once more
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by Temysteve(m): 3:40am On May 07, 2020
dipoolowoo:

By Adedapo Adesanya

Nigeria has received the $3.4 billion emergency loan from the International Monetary Fund (IMF).

IMF Managing Director, Ms Kristalina Georgieva, confirmed to CNBC Africa in an interview that the $3.4 billion loan had been credited to the account of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).

The funds had been approved under the Rapid Financing Instrument by the Executive Board of the IMF on April 28, ‎to address challenges arising from the economic impact of the COVID -19 pandemic the country.

Ms Georgieva also called on the Federal Government of Nigeria to be transparent and account for every single kobo of the fund.

‎The federal government had assured that it will publicise all disbursements from the funds, adding that there are plans to conduct an independent audit of all emergency expenditure at the end of the pandemic.

The Nigerian government also agreed to allow the IMF to conduct a due diligence exercise on the CBN, these will be done in line with the Fund’s safeguards assessment ‎program.

According to the IMF chief, the money was sent to the CBN’s account in dollars, after which it would be converted to naira.

“We have already disbursed. In emergency assistance, the board approves, we disburse within days to the country and it goes to their central bank in dollars before it gets converted into naira in the case of Nigeria.

“The conditions are quite favourable and repayment period is five years, up to two and half years is grace period and the interest on the loan is one percent,” she said.

Ms Georgieva assured that the IMF will continue to support Nigeria and other member countries.

“We have put in place policy tracking action, and we are seeing progress each country is making.

“The IMF will continue to support countries and shield them from catastrophic implications of the COVID-19 crisis,” she added.

https://businesspost.ng/economy/imf-credits-cbns-account-with-3-4bn-emergency-loan/
Buhari sha wan finish Nigeria with loan, all the one wey we don borrow sef still dey.
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by viralinfo: 5:06am On May 07, 2020
2billion is nothing to them..40 billion is nothing to then...all of a sudden..all of a sudden fire burn accounting general office...all of a sudden CAC office burn in Abuja..hmmm.....good one if u know u know....evidence burn ....all of a sudden ...
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by PassingShot(m): 7:05am On May 07, 2020
Goddey18:

But worse than this two
Keep repeating the lie to yourself in the hope it will become true.
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by jeromestarks: 7:35am On May 07, 2020
nairavsdollars:
Who will pay all these debt Buhari is accumulating?.
You, my dear. You.
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by FlameZ80s(m): 8:31am On May 07, 2020
These men otumokpor strong oh
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by tonquendo4u(m): 12:50pm On May 07, 2020
Who will pay back all these loans?
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by Kay25(m): 2:25pm On May 07, 2020
Golan007:

Still very little.

I thought you were asking what government does for its citizens.

Please find out how many of your fellow graduates in the USA are without student debt.

The other day, there was a thread on Nairaland about a final year medical student to be thrown out of a private university because her sponsors could no longer afford her fees running into millions of Naira.

I guess if she had gone to UNN for instance, graduated then gone on to better things, abroad say, she would have been rather too spoilt to see how her living was subsidized by the "useless" government. This is all hypothetical but hope you see the point.

Remember that there are hundred of thousands of Nigerian students each year benefitting from this subsidized (low quality, yet life changing) education for which we should be all grateful.
see you the Debt that it's sure to pay back after getting a job .tell me how many grants u got?
Re: IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan by Golan007: 2:27pm On May 07, 2020
Kay25:

see you the Debt that it's sure to pay back after getting a job .tell me how many grants u got?

You mean after free education I'm still complaining about grants?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dr. M.K. Hassan Fires Back At PDP For Calling Buhari A Semi-Illiterate / My Return In 2019 Non-negotiable - Buhari / Burial Poster Of IPOB Member Killed At Nnamdi Kanu's House (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.